Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Reaction score
If anyone sees the Falcon for $35 like the person on the home page who found it at a Wal-mart in Burlington, let me know. Would like to snag one for my son.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown….

The Marshalltown Gamestop has the updated 6 inch Rey figure with lightsaber. Picked up one for myself and left another there.

Corman

Reaction score
Long time lurker, finally decided to join and post. Fellow Iowan here located in NW Iowa. For some reason I just discovered this thread.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

Picked up the last 6 inch K-Mart exclusive Jyn Erso figure at the Marshalltown K-Mart tonight. Cool looking figure and I'm relieved to not have to go back to K-Mart for awhile.

Corman

Reaction score
Been pretty quiet here. Who scored? Who didn't? I found lots of the 5 POA Rogue figures but no Black Series. Would really like a couple Imperial Guardsmen if anyone stumbles onto a bunch. I spoke to a manager at Coralville Wal-Mart and he said they hadn't received 3 3/4 Black Series yet. They had been contacted by several other Wal-marts asking about them. He specifically asked me if I was looking for Imperial Guard which I take to be a bad sign. So, if anyone finds a couple I would gladly purchase them from you. I did snag an Unmasked Kylo there though.

I did find a 6" Black Series Ahsoka Tano at the Coralridge Barnes and Noble. They still had a Jango, Luke, Kanan and others in that wave. I also found another Ahsoka at the new toy store in the old Gap in Coralridge. I left her there.

Happy hunting.

Reaction score
I had a really good haul between the midnight launch and the regular morning openings.

I had to work on Thursday night and didn't get to the TRU on the south side of Des Moines until about 5 til midnight. When they opened I was the last one in but was just focused on getting their exclusive. Six inch Black Series were being snapped up left and right and I thought I had no chance getting one with the 15 to 20 people that were ahead of me getting them first. Thankfully TRU had them stocked in an area that was off to the side and I found one before they were all gone. I also picked up a 5POA Sabine and Kanan in Stormtrooper disguise for my kids and the free poster and t-shirt for myself. I was the last one in the store but I was the first one out.

I stopped at the SE 14th street Walmart (nothing out at midnight), the TRU on University (had their doors lock by the time I got there at 12:30) and the Walmart off 73rd (also nothing out at midnight).

I then headed up to the Grimes Walmart and they were at least stocking the Rouge One stuff…. including the Walmart exclusive 3 3/4 Black Series figures. I nabbed one each of Ackbar, Ashoka, Lando and two of the Royal Guard. They didn't ring up at the check stand but they just did an override on it.

With the exclusives out of the way I headed home and checked the Marshalltown Walmart (nothing stocked) to get some sleep before I would head out early to get to the Ames Target.

They were still stocking and getting the Star Wars section together at open on Friday morning (turns out that section got waxed that night so they got off to a late start working on stocking it) but they had darn near everything else I was looking for. I landed the full set of Black Series 6 inch figures, the full set of 3 3/4 inch two packs, the TIE Striker, the U-Wing, and a full set the the 5POA (plus three extra Stormtrooper and Imperial Ground Crew figures) and spaced out the purchases to save $85 with the Target coupon.

I then ran down to Ankeny and found the Hera A-Wing at their Walmart and picked that up. They also had the Ashoka 3 3/4 inch Black series wave there but no Royal Guards were left.

The only thing I'm after now is the Imperial Speeder Bike with AT-DP driver and maybe the Assault Walker if it's different from the TFA release (anyone have any idea if it is?) until the next round hits.

Corman

Reaction score
Found the Baze/Stormtrooper and Seventh Sister/Maul 2 packs at West Des Moines Super Target tonight. They still had another set on the pegs.

Reaction score
Anyone seeing Black Series at Wal-marts anywhere? CR Wal-marts are stocked with TFA wave up to their neck........

Reaction score
New figure Mojo in Marshalltown, Ames, Grimes, and Des Moines....

Started out the morning finding the Walgreens exclusive C-3PO at the Marshalltown Walgreens. They had at least 6 leftover.

Next stop was to Ames to pick up the Target exclusive Black Series 3 pack I ordered online for in store pick up. Doing it that way I could use the 20% off code and save a little bit of cash on that.

After that I stopped at the south Ames Walmart and found the Jyn Erso and Death Trooper 3 3/4 inch Black series exclusives hanging on the pegs. I couldn't believe my luck and snapped up the three Death Troopers and one Jyn.

I stopped at the Ames Kohl's and picked up their exclusive 4 pack. Not a great deal but they did have 10% off today. A nice set but a bit overpriced.

I headed to Des Moines and stopped at the Grimes Walmart and nabbed one more 3 3/4 inch Black Series Death Trooper. I left three Jyns and 2 of the Troopers there.

At the Southside TRU I picked up their exclusive TIE Striker.

Corman

Reaction score
On the way home from the Twin Cities I stopped in Ames to stretch my legs at Target. They had one set of the 5POA Rogue One Wave Two figures minus the Rey. I think. I don't remember seeing her there. But they did have the Krennick and Rebels Leia. I left them there (my buddy Jeff found a set for me over at the LeMars Walmart)

Corman

Who found wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than he was expecting to find this weekend in the Twin Cities.....

Reaction score
Walgreens at 16th Ave in Cedar Rapids has 3PO's. Still haven't seen new Black Series in Cedar Rapid or Iowa City Wal-marts.

Reaction score
How hard is it to find the Jango Fett Black Series? Found one, wasn't sure if I should get it or not, trying to just go Boba.

Reaction score
I have seen many more Jangos in the last month or two than I had seen in a long time. Seems to always find a Jango at Walgreens of late. I am still desperately seeking Wal-mart Black Series. Anyone seeing Imperial Guards anywhere? Anywhere?

Reaction score
I have seen many more Jangos in the last month or two than I had seen in a long time. Seems to always find a Jango at Walgreens of late. I am still desperately seeking Wal-mart Black Series. Anyone seeing Imperial Guards anywhere? Anywhere?
I have only seen two ERGs - one in Grimes a few weeks ago, and one in Boone this afternoon (bought one for myself and one for my son...). I'm not in Walmart stores all that often, so I may not be the best judge of availability, but there does not seem to be a great abundance of these.

Reaction score
The Walmart in Grimes had their exclusive Scarif Stormtrooper in a cardboard kiosk by the toy section tonight.
There is a Jango Fett 6 inch Black Series at the Urbandale Target.

Corman

Reaction score
Wal-mart in Marion had remnants of the ERG wave on the pegs. Saw 4 or so Ahsokas, a couple Ackbars. No ERG or Landos. They also had resistance C-3PO in the 6 in line.

Wal-mart on Edgewood in CR had a Director Krennic (sp?) and resistance 3PO 6 inch as well. Still looking for ERG.

Reaction score
My persistence paid off finally! I found two Royal Guards at the Blairsferry Wal-Mart in CR. They were stacked with other figures on a shelf above the Star Wars section. I did not see more than the two I purchased. They did have a bunch of the Rogue 1 wave including several Death troopers and Jyn Ersos. They also had several Ackbars, Landos and Ahsokas if you are still on the hunt for those.

Reaction score
Marion Wal-mart had one Black Series AT-ST. Looked cool but I already have a legacy AT-ST, so I left it.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

The South Ridge Target had the Jedha Revolt 4 pack out today. I picked up one for myself. It was in the floor dislpay that Targets are getting for the Rogue One release. The shipper also had the Chirrut and Baze Black Series figure in it.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Cedar Rapids....

Picked up the Target exclusive AT-ACT Driver at the southside Target today in Cedar Rapids. Both Targets have the figure out but the northside Target is the only one with their Jedha Revolt shipper out on the floor.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Cedar Rapids....

Altoona's Walmart got in a case of Rogue One Wave 3 figures yesterday. One Thrawn was gone by the time I got there and I picked up the other Thrawn as well as both Shoretroopers and both Death Troopers (one each for me and my son) and left both of the Bhodi and Jynn on the pegs.

I've been keeping tabs on local area Wally's stock levels on figures. As of 2:20 Ankeny shows a spike of stock. Only a case worth so if you're in the area you may have some luck. I make no promises what it'll be, though.

Corman

Corman

Reaction score
And that should read New Figure Mojo in Altoona.... I hate the no editing this so much.

Corman

Reaction score
Found one 40th Anniversary Obi-Wan at Kmart in Iowa City. No other figures on the shelf or in the back. I couldn't even find where it was original hanging as it crammed between various Kmart Black Series exclusives.

Reaction score
Picked up an R5-D4 at GameStop in Coral Ridge last night. The card has a huge crease along the top. Will likely open it. Would trade it towards and R2. Coralville Wal-Mart had 3 of the Black Series action stands and 4 of the AT-ST. Sold out of 40th anniversary.

Reaction score
As of 10:00 this morning, the K-Mart on Hubbel in Des Moines has Last Jedi figures on the pegs for $8.99. They also had one Vader/Probot and one Rathtar/Bala Tik for $20.99

Reaction score
Aren't they blocked at the register from being sold? The Marshalltown Walmart put out Finn's Speeder and I got denied at the register. I had to try....

Corman

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aren't they blocked at the register from being sold? The Marshalltown Walmart put out Finn's Speeder and I got denied at the register. I had to try....

Corman
Since I wasn't planning on getting them I didn't even try. I stopped back by an hour later and they had pulled them off the pegs so I guess they weren't selling them yet.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Webster City and Tama....

So I took a trip to my hometown of Webster City yesterday for a fantasy football draft (reigning and defending champion of the league thankyouverymuch) and on our way out of town I stopped in the Shopko they have. They had two each of the X-Wing Poe Dameron And Hux as well as one each of the Han / Fett and Ray / Snoke's Guard two packs. I left them there.

So today I wander over to Tala's Shopko and they also had two each of the Poe and Hux figures as well as one Jedi Master Luke figures. I picked him up and it rang up with no problem whatsoever.

Corman

Reaction score
No updates? Really? No one scored? I went to a podunk Wal-Mart in Tipton this morning and they had NOTHING.

Reaction score
Picked up 3-3/4 Black Series at Wal-Mart in Marion yesterday. They had two Lukes and I snagged both. Their packaging had crushed corners so that was a bit disappointing. They also had several of the Rose figure and a few Imperial execution stormie. When I went to the register they did not ring up so I thought I was going to lose out but they ended up running the price based on all of the leftover Finns and Hans. I amslo picked up a 6 inch Black Series original stormtrooper. Only one of those I have seen so far.

Anyone see any Thrawns?

Reaction score
I have not seen any Thrawns in the western part of the Des Moines metro area. The Best Buy where I bought Hera may have had him, but I only asked for Hera when the employee checked the back room for me. I was able to get Luke at Target and probably would've picked up Rey there as well if budget were no issue... I did see Vader, Kylo Ren, and the stormtrooper at Target, too. (All 6" figures.)

Reaction score
Picked up 3-3/4 Black Series at Wal-Mart in Marion yesterday. They had two Lukes and I snagged both. Their packaging had crushed corners so that was a bit disappointing. They also had several of the Rose figure and a few Imperial execution stormie. When I went to the register they did not ring up so I thought I was going to lose out but they ended up running the price based on all of the leftover Finns and Hans. I amslo picked up a 6 inch Black Series original stormtrooper. Only one of those I have seen so far.

Anyone see any Thrawns?
Gosh dang it, I was gonna go down there last weekend too. There's hardly any TLJ stuff (generally) between Woodriver, Edwardsville, Highland, Carlyle, Salem, or Centralia stores.

Reaction score
Gosh dang it, I was gonna go down there last weekend too. There's hardly any TLJ stuff (generally) between Woodriver, Edwardsville, Highland, Carlyle, Salem, or Centralia stores.

if you are still looking for stuff and heading south, don't forget to stop in Benton. i checked 2 days ago and their stuff is basically untouched.

Reaction score
My friend and I went to Marion and Carbondale yesterday, and I actually stopped at Benton. I got 6 TLJ TBS figures, but they didn't scan. I took a Finn and used it at the self-checkout. Centralia WM also got this wave in as well today!

Reaction score
I have not seen any Thrawns in the western part of the Des Moines metro area. The Best Buy where I bought Hera may have had him, but I only asked for Hera when the employee checked the back room for me. I was able to get Luke at Target and probably would've picked up Rey there as well if budget were no issue... I did see Vader, Kylo Ren, and the stormtrooper at Target, too. (All 6" figures.)
Marshalltown's Walmart still has Thrawn on their cardboard shipper.

Corman