Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Reaction score
New year, new thread time!

I did pick up a Quinlan Vos / Vaie Comic Book Two pack at the southside Cedar Rapids Walmart. No sign of the other one (DE Luke / DE Emperor). I love that new Quin figure. Can't wait to be able to open it. I want to give him a extra Jedi robe from the Order 66 sets that has the wire in the hood. I think by adding that it'll make it look really sharp.

Also... any Indiana Jones fans out there? If you are looking for the Temple of Doom wave get yourself to a Pamida. I found two sets of them at the Tama / Toledo Pamida and picked up a set for myself. The only bad thing about them is the price ($9.99 each) but they really are the best of the four waves that Hasbro has put out.

Corman

Reaction score
Re: Area Reports Part 7: 2009

In Galena, IL they had Indy Figures on sale for $3.00. They had about 3 Henry Sr. and others. The deluxe figures were $7.00. I kinda wanted a motorcycle but priorities. I also passed on the GI Joe Resolute Duke and Cobra Commander. Still waiting on an Eel and Barbeque. They also had some of the GI Joe DVD packs for $15.

Star Wars was a bit limited, but they did have some of the new SW Lego sets.

Reaction score

I am missing most of the Temple of Doom wave. No Pamida around here that I am aware of darn it.

Reaction score

I picked up CW Asajj at Ankeny Target this morning to finish off the last wave of figures. Not much stuff out there especially at Wal-Mart here which I don't think has stocked anything since Christmas.

Reaction score

obi1kevnobi said:
I am missing most of the Temple of Doom wave. No Pamida around here that I am aware of darn it.
I'm also needing that wave, and I doubt that there are many stores that we here in Iowa could get. I mean, they've only been found at places like Kroger's and stuff like that, and I don't think we have any here.

Pray for Toys R Us!!

Reaction score

Kinda new figure mojo in Des Moines....

Picked up a lone Captain Rex (clean armor, clean lighter blue stripes) at the southside TRU. The first Rex I've seen at retail for a while and the first of the latest (and I hope the last) variant of this figure. And at TRU's $7.99 per figure price, I really hope I don't see a lot of new figures there first.

Corman

Reaction score

Not a find but a question for anyone in the DM area that might know....

What is up with Jay's CD and Hobby at Merle Hay Mall? I've stopped by there the last two Wednesdays and it hasn't been opened? Its fully stocked and they were opened there before Christmas. But last to weeks nothing but a darkened store and a locked gate. And a sign that gives hours that they should be opened.

Corman

Reaction score

Corman said:
Not a find but a question for anyone in the DM area that might know....

What is up with Jay's CD and Hobby at Merle Hay Mall? I've stopped by there the last two Wednesdays and it hasn't been opened? Its fully stocked and they were opened there before Christmas. But last to weeks nothing but a darkened store and a locked gate. And a sign that gives hours that they should be opened.

Corman
I think I read somewhere they were just going to have that open during the holidays.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

I found Clone Wars Wave Four in Des Moines today but not all in one spot.

Valley West Target had the Clone Trooper 212th Attack Battalion (x2), Padme Amidala, Clone Trooper with Space Gear (x2), and a MagnaGuard. I also picked up a Mighty Mugg Shocktrooper. Not a big fan of the Muggs but this one is just all kinds of cool.

Urbandale SuperTarget had the Clone Trooper 212th Attack Battalion and aClone Trooper with Space Gear.

Merle Hay Mall Target had a lone R3-S6 (Goldie).

Those three Targets were the only ones that had Wave Four figures and I stopped at all of them except the Southridge store.

Corman

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had that wave on the pegs this morning as well.

Reaction score

New figure Mojo in Boone....

Like ssinc, I found Ben Kenobi and Pons Limbic at the Ankeny Walmart and just Ben Kenobi at the Altoona Walmart.

Like a shark smellin' blood in the water, I checked the Urbandale and SE 14th Street Wally. No new Legacy figures there.

None in either Ames Wallys either.

But Boone had all eight figures. Snapped up the whole set with my extra Kenobi and Pons headed west to my buddy in Sioux City.

Most stores (except TRU) in Des Moines and Ames have Wave Four in the Clone Wars line if anyone is still on the hunt for those.

And one last thing non Star Wars related. The Southside TRU has the Wolverine: Orgins 3 3/4 inch figures out and on the shelf. $7.99 each. They look ok and normally I'd scoop them up but I'm hoping that they'll get a bit cheaper later on. Figures included white t-shirt, brown classic costume, and yellow classic costume Wolverine as well as Sabertooth (the package said "Clasic Comic" but it looked more like a movie version to me), Deadpool, Maverick and some sort of guard figure.

Corman

Reaction score

And not that this means anything to anyone but...

The Marshalltown Walmart (finally) got in some new Comic Packs. Eight two packs from the first three waves.

This is the first time they've gotten any Comic Two Packs in since the line shifted to white backs back in July!

Corman

Reaction score

Bloomington, Il North-end Walmart has Legacy Edition v6 except for Jawas and Ben. Springfield, Il North-end Walmart had Ben and the aliens left. Bloomington Target had new Might Mugs Bossk etc.

Reaction score

Southridge TRU had case of TLC wave 5 and one set of the latest wave of comic packs that includes Wedge. I picked up the comic packs and the Jawa from wave 5.

Reaction score

Gah... I should have gone to the southside this week.

If anyone is still looking for the DE Luke / DE Emperor or the Jedi Vos / Cammo Faie comic Book Two Packs head on over to either the Altoona Walmart or Ankeny Walmart.

Other than that, nothing else really stood out today.

Corman

Reaction score

New Figure and Titanium Mojo in Marshalltown, Ankeny, and Des Moines....

Had a really good Geek Day today. Here is the rundown.

Picked up most for the newest Titanium wave at the Marshalltown Walmart. Red Leader X-Wing, ARC-170 Starfighter (Wampa fire breath), Virago, Republic Attack Shuttle, Neimoidian Shuttle, Gold Leader Y-Wing, and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars). Found the Twilight at the Ankeny Walmart and Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring at the Valley West Target. Ankeny Wally, Valley West Target, and Southridge Target had bits and pieces of this wave, but the Southridge Target had them priced at $8.19 each!

Next up, found Legacy Wave 5 at the Urbandale TRU. Looked like three cases were out on the pegs. I picked up the six figures that my friend Jeff needed and a Spacetrooper for myself there. The Southridge TRU and the Southridge Target also had figures from this wave as well. Tru had them all and Target was lacking just the Spacetrooper.

I found the AT-TE Battlepack at the Ankeny Target and at the Valley West Target. Snapped them up from both spots for myself and my friend in Sioux City.

Picked up the latest issue of Legacy from Mayhem Comics.

No sign of the latest Comic Book Two Packs or the Wally exclusive Comic Book Two Packs anywhere.

Corman

Reaction score

Should have reported this yesterday but caught up hanging out with my Mom all day(since my Dad died 2 weeks ago, it was necessary)But got new figs at Altoona Wal-mart yesterday. The luke Han stortrooper wave. I REALLy like the treadwell droid that came with the Jawa! I might have to get a second one to open. Also love Wioslea! The more obscure the character the more excited I get!

Reaction score

Qrest_fourstar said:
Should have reported this yesterday but caught up hanging out with my Mom all day(since my Dad died 2 weeks ago, it was necessary)But got new figs at Altoona Wal-mart yesterday. The luke Han stortrooper wave. I REALLy like the treadwell droid that came with the Jawa! I might have to get a second one to open. Also love Wioslea! The more obscure the character the more excited I get!

Im sorry to hear about your dad.

Reaction score

Ankeny Wal-Mart had the Luke Han stomtrooper wave today. I snagged a Jawa but I'll probably pick up some of the others as well later. It's a pretty sweet wave. My Tie Pilot Mini-Bust also showed up in the mail yesterday

Reaction score

Picked up the latest wave of Galactic Heroes at the Altoona Target today. Super Battle Droid / Luminara Unduli, Padme Amidala / Jar Jar Binks, Clone Trooper (white) / Dwarf Spider Droid, and Clone Trooper (purple) / Mace Windu.

I also found one lone new Comic Book Two Pack. Wedge Antilles / Borsk Fey'lya at the Urbandale TRU. No sign of the others in the wave there.

And no sign of the Wally exclusive Comic Book Two Packs anywhere.

Corman

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

After work tonight I hit up our Wally and found the Wedge/Borsk, Luke/Deena, and Ki-Adi/Sharad wave of Comic Book Two Packs. Nabbed all three so the Wedge/Borsk I got yesterday is headed out west to my buddy in Sioux City.

No sign of the Wally exclusive Comic Book Two Packs yet.

Corman

Reaction score

Okay, not Star Wars related but I have the coolest wife ever ( and she tolerates my Star Wars fascination and corrupting our daughter with my SW hereticism).

When my wife ordered her Wii and Wii Fit she also ordered copies of the Shepard Fairey 20th Anniversary book, Supply and Demand, and the "Art of Rock 2: The Poster Explosion" book. I had no idea she was doing this. She surprised me with these last night.

For those of you who haven't met me (you're the luck ones) I'm a huge art and design geek and love rock poster art. My wife is the greatest.

thats all, return to collecting stuff now

Reaction score

That's pretty sweet boba.

Ankeny Wal-Mart had the Ewok Comic Pack wave in this morning. I'm not sure if I'll pick them up or not because the comic book colors aren't my favorite.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Altoona.....

FINALLY found (and picked up) the Walmart Exclusive Comic Book Two Pack Wave. They had plenty. I did pick up an extra Amanin/Sunber for myself and a Alien Rebel Pilot set for my buddy in Sioux City. That Wally also had Luke/Deena, Wedge/Borsk, and Ki-Adi/Sharad. Picked up Luke/Deena and Ki-Adi/Sharad for my buddy in Sioux City.

I also nabbed the latest issue of the Insider at Borders and KotOR #39 from Mayhem.

Corman

Reaction score

New Titanium Mojo in Cedar Rapids....

Had to take a trip over to CR this morning. Picked up the BARC Speeder and the IG 2000 at the southside Target. Both Targets had the newest wave of Comic Book Two Packs (Deena, Ki Adi, and Wedge) and both Wallys had their exclusive Cmoic Book Two Packs.

Marshalltown's Wally also has the BARC and IG Titaniums as well.

Corman

Reaction score

Warning: Not really an Iowa find....

But I'm on the last legs of my vacation and over in Sioux City. My wife, my buddy Jeff and I ran up to Sioux Falls for the day and I picked up a bun varient of Deena Shann (more info here http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/tac/comicpacks/14.html). And if anyone in the area is looking... the Sioux Falls Wally has two more of the bun varient figures left. I'm hoping to use the extra Luke to make a clean Sunber figure by moving Sunber's head onto the Luke's body.

Corman

Reaction score

I saw one Asajj/whomever two-pack at the Coralville Target about 45 minutes ago.

Reaction score

Odd find in Dubuque, at Aldi's of all places found a variety of comic packs for, I believe, $9.99. Had about 20-30 of them in a lower basket. Just one more place to look now.

Reaction score

Found Clone Wars Wave Five at both Des Moines area TRUs today. The Urbandale only had one set, but the southside TRU had two left after I picked up a set down there for my buddy Jeff. Love the green Clone with his BFG and the Kit Fisto is a pretty good figure, too.

Both TRUs also have new Clone Wars two figure repacks. Obi Wan and a Battle Droid and Commander Cody and a Battle Droid. They also both had the former Walmart exclusive The Force Unleashed three packs in a new white and blue package.

And Dhivael, I totally forgot your list today. I'll have to wait until next week to look for your figs.

Corman

Reaction score

It's cool. Glad that you even thought of me

Reaction score

Target on the Westdale side of CR had multiple Ultimate Battlepacks marked down to $38 on an end cap tonight.