Area Reports Part 6: It's 2008

Reaction score
Re: Area Reports Part 6: It\'s 2008

I posted a bunch of stuff for sale on the Iowa/Illinois Items I am looking to sell thread. Anyone local (CR/IC) I would be willing to drive to or meet halfway to eliminate shipping.

More to come in the future should this prove to be worthwhile.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

Picked up the Wally exclusive Clone Wars Animated 501st Trooper tonight after work. They have five cases of 501st in store, so they should be in pretty good supply. ATTENTION TARGET: This is how you do an exclusive. Skip the figure case and keep the price down.

Corman

ssinc wrote:
Found the new wave of comic packs at south side Wal-Mart today

And I am totally jealous. Those two comic packs are my most wanted Hasbro item. I loved the Ostrander/Duursema run on Republic and any character I can get in figure form I HAVE to have.

Reaction score

Ankeny Wal-Mart had both speeder bike battle packs today and while wandering around Target I came across some Galactic Heroes game back with the board games if anyone is interested in that.

Reaction score

Saw those at the Waterloo Wal Mart also, again, if anyone is interested.

Reaction score

Not exactly a store report, but my R2-KT challenge coin arrived yesterday.

Very nice.

I just need to find a way to display it along with my Fett challenge coin now.

Also, with any luck, I should have more of my crap listed and up in the sale thread by the end of the weekend. If anyone is interested.

Reaction score

Has anyone found the Stack em's key chains that are suppose to be an exclusive to Wal Mart? There is a Vader, Trooper, and of course, a Fett. Please let me know if anyone finds them, I just can't seem to locate them at all.

Reaction score

Ankeny Wal-Mart had the new comic packs with Durge and Asaaj in today.

Reaction score

New Fett shirt at Hot Topic.

If yer into that sort of thing.

Reaction score

boba_fetus said:
New Fett shirt at Hot Topic.

If yer into that sort of thing.
Do you have a scan, or a link, because I AM into that sort of thing.

Reaction score

Over lunch I picked up the Clone Wars Animated 501st Trooper at Ankeny Wal-Mart. They had a peg full left and they're marked at $9.96 but they ring up at $6.94 like they're supposed to.

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had a set of the new clonetastic Legends wave this morning.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Altoona and Des Moines....

Very nice Geek day run for me today. Landed the new wave of Titanium ships at the Altoona Walmart. Got the Rebel Transport, the blue Twi'lek decoed ARC-170 Starfighter, the Trade Federation MTT, the blue Twi'lek decoed Republic Gunship, the Imperial Landing Craft, the TIE Defender, and a Shadow Trooper Gunship.

ran over to the Altoona Target next and landed all six of the Wave Three Legacy figures. Coruscant Clone Trooper, Jodo Kast, the Yaddle and Evan Piell two pack, Saleucami Trooper, Holographic Count Dooku, and the Battlefield 2 Imperial Engineer. I landed two sets there (one for me and one for my buddy Jeff). The only other place that had a hint of Legacy Wave Three in Des Moines was the Altoona Wally. They had the non Clone figures there.

I also picked up the latest issues of Rebellion and Legacy at the comic shop and the newest Coruscant Nights book at B&N.

And to top it off, I finally saw Clone Wars in the theaters. Only four people at the screening I went to which is the way I like to see movies. No punk kids yappin' on their phones or texting. you do not want me to get started on my rant on texting during movies. Anyway, the movie was better than I thought it would be and I'm looking forward to the TV series later this fall.

Corman

Reaction score

Still need Jodo Kast, can anyone help me, or need me to find something here?

Reaction score

I told you...I don't need you anymore. Baby.

Reaction score

There wasen't anyone in here before you came in!

Reaction score

I was at the Marshalltown Wal Mart tonight, and do they ever have a lot of Star Wars there, happy to someone does.
But still no Jodo Kast, did pick up the stack ems that I have been looking for.

Reaction score

Hey, we switched cities today!

no lie. I was up in the 'loo today and found a Battlefield 2 Imperial Engineer at the Waterloo Wally. That was the only new wave three figure they had. But they did also have some of the repacks from wave one and two with the wave three droid parts.

Just waiting for the new Comic Two Packs.

I want them..... NOW!

Corman

Reaction score

Funny, I was going to PM you and tell you that I was there. They have Star Wars in about four different places through out the whole store. I did find the stack ems, but to track down a figure, is seemed like it was a treasure hunt.

Reaction score

Went on a nerd trip to waterloo and scored the wave three clone trooper and the engenier for me and my buddy chris nothing at the target + I went to winsor hights walmart in des moines and got the walmart exlusive comic packs for 5,got the droid factory packs for 3,and got some basic figures for 3.They were bd vader,podu nudo,and2 tri droids.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

Picked up two Disturbance at the Lars Homestead sets down in Des moines today. One (and last) at the south TRU and the other at the Clive TRU. One heads west to my buddy Jeff.

I also snagged one each of the newest Comic Two Packs at the Clive TRU. Dengar/Fenn, Leia/Tobbie, Cade/Talon and the two Imperial Knights. The two sets from the Legacy were my most wanted figures and they look great. The other two sets were from some of the first issue I got after I found out that they were still making Star Wars comics when I was a kid. I had issues one thru 18, 27 and 47. And those I got thru multipacks. I had no idea that the sold singles issues and that Star Wars comics were still being published until 63! After finding that gem (the Shira Brie fallout issue) I was HOOKED! The time between Empire and what would be Return of the Jedi was being told in COMICS! And the Leia/Mando two parter back then was great.

This trip down memory lane was brought to you by.....

Corman

Who also picked up SW: Clone Wars #1 at his local comic shop.

Reaction score

I remember on night at walgreens my Mother was waiting for a prescription so I went over to the magazine aisle. They didn't send back their old comics so there was a stack next to a ceiling support. I dug through the stack and came out with issue 31. I too only got the issues through comic packs until issue 18. I made my mom take me to walgreens every week after that to get an issue. I eneded up hitting magazine racks at the east des moines K-mart, and walgreens in merle hay mall. Those issues I can tell you were I got each one(and theres [censored] from 2 weeks ago I can't remember, go figure)

eventually, I discovered The Comiclogue in town and got my back issues and the rest is history..

sigh....

Good times.

Reaction score

Yep, I got hooked on the three pack at the old Richman Gordman store that was down by K-Mart on the west side of Des Moines. The cliffhanger at the end of 18 was brutal on me. Luke in a coma! Everyone scattered on the Wheel! I read that comic book right out of the cover and it just fell apart as many time as I read that thing. I forgot that I did get #28 thru a trade with another kid during grade school (a very sweet Han/Chewie vs. Jabba issue) and that kind of gave you a clue on how our heroes got off the Wheel.

You are right though. Those were really good times....

Corman

Reaction score

Ankeny Wal-Mart had the Force Unleashed 3packs out today.

Reaction score

TrooperJake said:
Ankeny Wal-Mart had the Force Unleashed 3packs out today.
Jordan Creek Wal-Mart had theirs out today too. I almost missed then. They were on the top shelf of an end cap with the previous exclusives.

Reaction score

Corman said:
Yep, I got hooked on the three pack at the old Richman Gordman store that was down by K-Mart on the west side of Des Moines. The cliffhanger at the end of 18 was brutal on me. Luke in a coma! Everyone scattered on the Wheel! I read that comic book right out of the cover and it just fell apart as many time as I read that thing. I forgot that I did get #28 thru a trade with another kid during grade school (a very sweet Han/Chewie vs. Jabba issue) and that kind of gave you a clue on how our heroes got off the Wheel.

You are right though. Those were really good times....

Corman
Are you talking the Richman Gordman that was on Hickman?

Ahhhh.... memories... I saw/met Darth Vader there back in 1978 or something like that. I remember the line went out the door, stretched the length of the front of building, then turned and went the length of the parking lot and then turned towards Sherwood Forest and went over the embankment and into the parking lot next door. Never underestimate the public relations power of the dark side.

Ahhh... memories... crap I'm old.

Reaction score

I saw Vader at the east side Richman gordman. It was closer to my house. We got there early and didnt get in line. They chased us out to get in line. I went out, saw the line around the side and slowly worked my way in line by just talking to people.

When I remeber those days(and man that was an awesome time! (7 years old and SW RULED!!)I think of the east side RG and they had a large( and I was 7 so it probably wsnt this big, but you could see it from the front of the store) 3'X5' mirror hanging from the ceiling that had a black silkscreened picture of vader, Luke Leia and the droids and it said STAR WARS on it. I always wondered what became of that thing.

Reaction score

So, who all is getting the Force Unleashed?

I am hoping to get it for Wii. Looks like an awesome game.

Reaction score

Happy birthday obi!

Got it for the X-Box 360 last night at midnight and am getting ready to crack it open right now.

Corman

Reaction score

Corman....I will be at the Marshalltown Wal Mart Thursday after noon, just in case you were going to Waterloo

Reaction score

West des moines target had cw wave two picked up oddball,ashoka,and the all white clone left super battle droid they did not have cody.They also had the newist wave of comic packs so I got cade/talon and the imperial knights pack which means I am up to date on all the stuff except joda and the clone trooper packs,