Area Reports Part 6: It's 2008

Reaction score
Re: Area Reports Part 6: It\'s 2008

Corman, I am curious.....it seems that you buy everything out there so I am wondering if you have some awesome man-cave for all of it? What do you do with it all? This is not criticism, please don't take it that way. I am in a mode where I am thinning out more and more of my collection as I think I still have a lot of stuff and not a lot of room for it and I wonder what you do with all of your stuff.

Guess I could have sent a pm but I would guess some others might be curious.

Reaction score

I am also curious. I want to hear about the "man cave". Wow, I can't believe I just said that...

Reaction score

Got all of wave three minus plo at kohls
and in ankeny walmart I scored wave four of legacy

Reaction score

Darth_Cain wrote:
Corman, I am curious.....it seems that you buy everything out there so I am wondering if you have some awesome man-cave for all of it? What do you do with it all? This is not criticism, please don't take it that way. I am in a mode where I am thinning out more and more of my collection as I think I still have a lot of stuff and not a lot of room for it and I wonder what you do with all of your stuff.

Guess I could have sent a pm but I would guess some others might be curious.

CaptCashew then asked:
I am also curious. I want to hear about the "man cave". Wow, I can't believe I just said that...

What I do with all of my stuff....

The last couple of places I've lived at have had a second bedroom that got turned into my Geek Room. The room with my PC and a TV plus the home of my current comic book collection (and titles not being currently bought or issues 6 plus years old get stored up at my mom's place for now) and my Star Wars collection. When I lived in southern Iowa (not by my choice) I got three book shelves and put my figures there. When I moved to Marshalltown in 2002, I bought two more so I had shelves for each movie. The apartment my wife and I had up here had a second bedroom that could become my Geek Room. And things were good...

Until 2005 and the Episode Three line hits. I'd buy figures and stack them up at first, then get tubs to store them in waiting to get another bookshelf. I keep getting stuff and I'm like "well, I don't think one is going to do it" and stuff just keeps coming out and I keep buying it....

Bottom line is I have not opened, for display, any Star Wars toy since the POTC line in 2005. The only exception of me opening is that my wife wanted me to open my Episode Three army builders to save space (those cards are a pain to store) and I had to open the two waves of VOTC figures to mail away for the mail ins there. Otherwise, everything I've gotten since 2005 is still carded and stored.

My wife and I ended up finding a larger place to rent in Marshalltown last year. All of the unopen stuff is stacked and stored in our spair bedroom and the five movies bookshelves are on display side by side (along with my SW book collection) in the "man cave" lower level of our duplex. It's funny.... when we moved here, I called it a man cave and she wanted it to be a man lair. But it is where I have "my stuff" out. My DVD collection on the north wall. Nice couch with reclining ends and a 47 inch LCD HDTV in an entertainment center that has my vintage figures lined up across on the top. I"m really lucky and blessed to have all this stuff and a wife who puts up with (and supports) my hobby.

Corman

Who is looking forward to the day he gets those bookcases so he can take a week off to open all the crap he has gotten over the last three and a half years.

And he is looking at (more than likely) needing three bookcases to hold all that stuff.

Edited to include my wife's decription of the man cave from an IM she sent me (spelling errors and all):

if you mean physical: long with an alcove. As you come down the stairs you have to two options. One: enter the man cave. Two: exit to the garage. If you choose to enter the man cave you will be first greeted by a wonderous site of bookshelves all full to capacity of stormtroopers, clones, jedis, diaramas, vehicles,and other figures. If you continue to enter the room after being awestruck, you will find to your right two shelves full of dvd's. The DVD collection ranges from comedy and drama to scifi and kids. If you continue to venture forward you will find to your right a 47" HDTV complute with 5.1 surround. On either side you will find game systems: Playstation3, XBox 360, and a Wii engulf one side with my favorite Lost characters combined with my love for the Philadelphia Eagles. On the other side you will find an X-Box, Playstation2, and Gamecube with my love of the Simpsons. Spanning above the the TV is the vintage star wars figures and other memoribilia. If you get far enough, you will find my computer guarded by GI Joe figures and comic book characters. This, with one of the most comfortable couches and chairs in history, is my man cave.

Reaction score

As did the Jordan Creek Walmart yesterday. Forgot to mention that. I passed on them for now.

Corman

Reaction score

Dubuque Kohl's got a shipment of Clone Wars figures, got Dooku, Ventress, & Plo Kloon.

Saw new destroyer droid and C-3PO. Pickup up a GI Joe Bazooka Trooper as well for $6.00.

Target had the new Clone Wars mulitpacks and I picked up a GI Joe Paraviper for $6.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Des Moines.....

Picked up two each of the Target Exclusive Clone Wars Battlepacks. One set is headed west to my buddy Jeff. I got them at the Valley West Target and there were two sets left. Jordan Creek only had a lone Yoda CW BP.

Corman

Reaction score

Hey fellas...I know Im somewhat of an outsider on this thread...but I have done business with a few of you...

...I seem to be having trouble finding the Ventress from the "Clone Wars" tv series...any help would be great...

...remember she has to have good paint...package does not matter...thanks fellas...

...as always I pay cash money!!!

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had a set of the Faie wave minus Greivous this morning and a couple sets of the Clone battlepacks.

Reaction score

TIE_Pilot23...I seem to be having trouble finding the Ventress from the "Clone Wars" tv series...any help would be great...[/quote said:
I think I saw one or two Ventress this last weekend.
I'll keep an eye out in the future.

Also, for the Des Moines crew... is Dragon Fire Comics still open?

Reaction score

I would appreciate any help finding a Clone Wars Ventress as well. Thanks!

Reaction score

...A fellow collector hooked me up the a Ventress this morning...6:55am this morning

Thanks Fetus and anyone else that was looking for me...

Reaction score

Found Obi-Wan's Delta Starfighter at Valley West Target this morning. It was the last one on the shelf. The scanner said they had more vehicles in the back.

Reaction score

Found Ventress and Dooku animated at the Dubuque Walmart today, left them for someone else. Star Wars was well stocked, but GI Joe still has the old Roadblock, Duke, Scarlet, and Cobra Commander wave.

Reaction score

Got CW Plo Koon from Ankeny Wal-Mart this morning. That's a pretty sweet figure. Left two each of everyone else in that wave.

Reaction score

New Figure / Ship / Titanium Mojo....

Due to last weeks holiday, I had to fit my Geek Day run in between my shifts at work. No problem and a lot of good finds for me today.

Started off by finding the new deco AAT Tank at the Altoona Target. Picked that one up for myself. That Target also had one of each of the Ultimate Battlepacks out on the shelves. Left them there as I got mine last weekend.

The Valley West Target had two new deco AAT Tanks. Picked one up for my buddy Jeff. They also had one White Vader / Sniper Leia Comic Book Two Pack that I picked up for him. They also had two full sets of the newest Titanium ships. So I picked up one of the following - the Ecliptic Evader TIE Fighter, the Z-95 Headhunter, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (the Clone Wars animated series ship), Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter, the P-38 Starfighter, and the Dagger Squadron B-Wing fighter. Non Star Wars pick ups at that Target include a GI Joe Cobra Eel (one of my favorite figures from the old line) and a Wraith figure.

At the Ankeny Target, I picked up a Darth Vader and Grand Moff Trachta Comic Book Two Pack for my buddy Jeff.

Good Geek Day for me all around, just to bad I had to be back for work.

Corman

Reaction score

Has anyone seen the TIE Defender Titanium? I've seen the entire rest of the wave, but not the TIE D.

Reaction score

I picked one up out at WDSM Toys r us a few weeks back. The only Titanium I've bought(love the ship).

Reaction score

SW side Wal-Mart in CR had the latest Comic Two-Packs including Dark Empire Luke and Emperor as well as the new Quinlan Vos and whoever he comes with. I was with preggers (my wife) and didn't have a lot of time to look or buy.

Reaction score

I was at the CR North Side Sprawl-Mart yesterday morning and they had all sorts of comic packs. No Tie Defenders or Ventress though.

Actually, the whole section seemed quite full.

Jerry, how's 'bout I pop the Jodo in the mail for you?

Reaction score

Sounds Awesome! Let me know what I can find for you, or can I send $?
THANKS BUDDY!

Reaction score

jodo said:
Is that code for something.
Yes.

And please don't struggle when my associates stop by later. It only upsets them.

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had some of the Wave 5 Titaniums this morning including the Z-95 Headhunter, and Ecliptic Evader TIE Fighter.

Reaction score

boba_fetus said:
I was at the CR North Side Sprawl-Mart yesterday morning and they had all sorts of comic packs. No Tie Defenders or Ventress though.

Actually, the whole section seemed quite full.

Jerry, how's 'bout I pop the Jodo in the mail for you?
I didnt see you were looking for Ventress...is this the cartoon Ventress?...Im caught up with what I want for now...but I was missing the hunt and went out at lunch and saw two at TRU today...I keep a better look out for you now...

...and you cant send Jodo USPS...he prefers DHL...with plenty of insurance and those styrofoam peanuts...

Reaction score

...and you cant send Jodo USPS...he prefers DHL...with plenty of insurance and those styrofoam peanuts...

[/QUOTE]Actually Jodo can't go DHL, I believe they only deliver internationally now, and I believe that within Iowa is not international.
LOL

Reaction score

Jodo will not be sent. Jodo is never sent. Jodo will arrive when and if he decides to go.

Or if Sideways Bob makes him go. Even Jodo defers to Sideways Bob.

Ventress... just keeping an eye out. It sounded like a few other people were looking for her.

Reaction score

I found a Ventress a couple weeks ago. I am good if the event anyone was looking on my behalf. Thanks though!

I picked up the Dark Empire and Faie/Vos Two Pack at Coralville last night. Palpatine figure is pretty sweet.

Reaction score

Happy Holidaze everyone!

Jerry, I still need to get you your Jodo. sorry.

I'll be in Des Moines and Dubuque with all the parents and family.
I can't wait for January 2 so all the running around, criss-crossing the state, and holiday & birthday stress can be over.

I'll be prowling Des Moines looking for Fett stuff while I'm there (if I can escape the family).

Feliz Dave Navarro