Area Reports Part 5

Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
New Stuff

I today found all of wave 5 (they had multiples) at Wal-Mart (plus the Jedi Turbo Speeder).
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2002
Messages
4,058
Reaction score
0
Re: New Stuff

Who wants to come with me to the Paramus TRU on Rt 17 to storm the stock room? I've been there 3 times in the past two weeks only to see the same 6 CW Aura Sing's.

Absolutely nothing good at either Paramus TRUs, Totowa, Wayne, Jersey City, Secaucus or any of the Targets and Walmarts within that area as well. That goes double for the Wayne, Elmwwod Park, and Saddle Brook K-Marts and their respective Targets/Walmarts.

Other than DCPIing the two new CW Target packs in Rockland NY, I haven't seen anything worth mentioning over the past week other than a smidge of the CW Hevy wave and one place (I forget) that had the AOTC TVC wave.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

what parts of Jersey are you guys in... i'm located in Central Jersey by Woodbridge and it's been dry here of new product since December. I think the last new item I found was a lone Commander Wolff in a Walmart in Freehold. been checking both K-Marts (East Brunswick and Franklin Park), Targets in Milltown, Middletown, and Menlo, Walmarts in Freehold, Old Bridge, North Brunswick, and the TRU's in East Brunswick, Freehold, and Woodbridge and nothing... it's getting very frustrating... I have yet to even see Wave 4 anywhere yet and reports are already coming in that Wave 6 is showing up.

I check these stores at least 3 times a week on the days that I know shipment shows up and nothing. hoping to try the new Walmart in Edison on Sunday and finding some new stuff.
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2002
Messages
2,746
Reaction score
1
Re: New Stuff

I'm in Bayonne, but for my "toy runs" I'll go everywhere in the area from Secaucus to Woodbridge/Linden, Watchung/Rt22 area, Paramus/Rt4/Rt17 area... I've gone as far as New Brunswick. I'm everywhere. And it's been dry in every area that I check.
 
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Re: New Stuff

Picked up the droid gunship at Wal-Mart yesterday. They also had the re-painted tri-droid fighter and more Plo Koon fighters, but I left them.
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Re: New Stuff

jokabofe said:
I'm in Bayonne, but for my "toy runs" I'll go everywhere in the area from Secaucus to Woodbridge/Linden, Watchung/Rt22 area, Paramus/Rt4/Rt17 area... I've gone as far as New Brunswick. I'm everywhere. And it's been dry in every area that I check.
Same here Im pretty much on that same route.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

Captain_Piet said:
Saw Vintage Wave 6 for the first time locally yesterday. Glad I got them from TRU online more than a month ago.
where abouts??? I spotted the tale end of Wave 6 about 4 weeks ago and since then nothing. it's getting to the point where i might start ordering cases from EE to get the new stuff.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Re: New Stuff

DarkArtist said:
Captain_Piet said:
Saw Vintage Wave 6 for the first time locally yesterday. Glad I got them from TRU online more than a month ago.
where abouts??? I spotted the tale end of Wave 6 about 4 weeks ago and since then nothing. it's getting to the point where i might start ordering cases from EE to get the new stuff.
Toys R Us. I will not name specific location in the blind.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

spotted some of Wave 6 in the TRU In East Brunswick on Friday night but refuse to drop the $10.99 that they want per figure... they had Dagobah Luke, Weequay Skiff Master and AT-RT Driver. this is the first time I saw all three in that store and for that matter any new product at all. I didn't have the $$ on me but I think I would have perhaps dropped the $12 bucks for the Dagobah Luke at least.

Oh well here's hoping that the figures start showing up in Walmart
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

Captain_Piet said:
Wow, must be a store-by-store thing, but I've only seen $9.99 vintage at TRU.
for the most part I have seen Vintage at $9.99 at the local TRU's but for some reason last friday they had them marked up to $11.99.. scary thing was that all that was left on the pegs was the AT-RT driver, Luke and Weequay, the rest of the pegs were bone dry.

I have always had problems with the East Brunswick TRU since the EU BAD Wave... the day the wave was released I was at the door 20 minutes before the store even opened. I watched as someone was online at the registers with i kid you not 3 cases of the EU wave. I watched the person ring up the order and the gentlemen leave the store. then the manager finally opened the doors, I rushed over to the isle to get a set and all that was left were the leftovers of DSII Luke and R2's... i asked where the new figures were and the manager stated that she only has 4 cases left and already opened two of them and put them on the shelf... she wasn't going to open the other 2 cases till after 12:00pm because (and this is her exact words) "you dirty ***hole collectors like to grab everything new and leave nothing for everyone else." i was pissed. I went back to the store at 11:30 and waited till 1pm to see if they were going to put the rest of the cases out... and nothing. I went to see a different manager who stated that the last 2 cases were put out at 10:00am. WTF ??? i called and complained to the coporate office about the behavior of the manager and they stated that there was nothing that they could do about it.

lucky I was able to get the complete wave plus an extra Space Trooper and Dark Trooper from the Woodbridge TRU 2 days later.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Re: New Stuff

DarkArtist said:
Captain_Piet said:
Wow, must be a store-by-store thing, but I've only seen $9.99 vintage at TRU.
for the most part I have seen Vintage at $9.99 at the local TRU's but for some reason last friday they had them marked up to $11.99.. scary thing was that all that was left on the pegs was the AT-RT driver, Luke and Weequay, the rest of the pegs were bone dry.

I have always had problems with the East Brunswick TRU since the EU BAD Wave... the day the wave was released I was at the door 20 minutes before the store even opened. I watched as someone was online at the registers with i kid you not 3 cases of the EU wave. I watched the person ring up the order and the gentlemen leave the store. then the manager finally opened the doors, I rushed over to the isle to get a set and all that was left were the leftovers of DSII Luke and R2's... i asked where the new figures were and the manager stated that she only has 4 cases left and already opened two of them and put them on the shelf... she wasn't going to open the other 2 cases till after 12:00pm because (and this is her exact words) "you dirty ***hole collectors like to grab everything new and leave nothing for everyone else." i was pissed. I went back to the store at 11:30 and waited till 1pm to see if they were going to put the rest of the cases out... and nothing. I went to see a different manager who stated that the last 2 cases were put out at 10:00am. WTF ??? i called and complained to the coporate office about the behavior of the manager and they stated that there was nothing that they could do about it.

lucky I was able to get the complete wave plus an extra Space Trooper and Dark Trooper from the Woodbridge TRU 2 days later.
That's funny, because I was at that store early that day and did not see someone buying three cases prior to the store opening. I got to the aisle and got what I needed.
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
2,815
Reaction score
6
Re: New Stuff

Was there too. lol That lady was a [censored]. All I got was three figures. A greedy collector walked out with the rest.
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
2,815
Reaction score
6
Re: New Stuff

How would I remember what he looked like thats more than a year? Black hair, white skin, late 20's or early 30's...Yep, I gave a police report. I asked, like a polite collector if can get the extras, but he ignored me a ran to the cash register.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

When I got there the store wasn't even open yet. I was the first one on line. The guy who I saw leave with the 3 cases was late 40's bald and around 300 pounds. The only reason I remember w3hat he looks like is because he flipped me off and laughed at me when I called him an *** for grabbing 3 cases of the figures. I left with another fellow collector and headed to woodbridge TRU but the sales associate told me they put all there stock out the night before. Either way a few days later I was able to get a complete set so all was good in the end.

Still have yet to find wave 4 in the wild. Here's hoping that stores get a few cases of wave 4 with the shipments of wave 7
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
2,815
Reaction score
6
Re: New Stuff

Captain_Piet said:
Well, nobody ever asked me for any figures, so that rules that out. Plus I never run.
I feel ya, I wasn't accusing you before. I know no scummer would do that.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

Captain_Piet said:
Well, I was right at the door at opening that day and saw none of that.
CP I'm not accusing you of being this guy. I wonder if perhaps we both entered the store at the same time or within seconds of each perhaps. I know I got there at 8:45 to be sure that I would hopefully score a set of the figures. that's when I saw the guy in the store buying the figures.

when they finally opened the door to let customers come in the cases where already picked clean of every EU figure and all that remained where the remains of the figures, a few DSII luke's i think. I saw one guy with a shopping cart that had 1 of each figure in it and remember talking with the guy for a few seconds (he let me see the figures that I missed out on - not sure if that was you or Star Tours).

I know I walked out with a guy who also didn't get any of them and then I went to woodbridge and the other gentlemen arrived a few minutes after me.

I went back to the store around 11:30 (the female store manager stated that the other 3 cases would be opened at 12:00pm) and i was told by a different manager that the figures were put out around 9:45 that morning and were already gone.

sorry if my post sounded like I was accusing you. not my intention.
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
2,815
Reaction score
6
Re: New Stuff

DarkArtist said:
Captain_Piet said:
Well, I was right at the door at opening that day and saw none of that.
CP I'm not accusing you of being this guy. I wonder if perhaps we both entered the store at the same time or within seconds of each perhaps. I know I got there at 8:45 to be sure that I would hopefully score a set of the figures. that's when I saw the guy in the store buying the figures.

when they finally opened the door to let customers come in the cases where already picked clean of every EU figure and all that remained where the remains of the figures, a few DSII luke's i think. I saw one guy with a shopping cart that had 1 of each figure in it and remember talking with the guy for a few seconds (he let me see the figures that I missed out on - not sure if that was you or Star Tours).

I know I walked out with a guy who also didn't get any of them and then I went to woodbridge and the other gentlemen arrived a few minutes after me.

I went back to the store around 11:30 (the female store manager stated that the other 3 cases would be opened at 12:00pm) and i was told by a different manager that the figures were put out around 9:45 that morning and were already gone.

sorry if my post sounded like I was accusing you. not my intention.
It was a mob that day. I only got Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, and alien Bespin Guard.

Following Thursday, bought three of every EU wave figure at the Hazlet TRU, and maybe 5 space troopers, too. They probably put out 5 cases. I was in Heaven.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Re: New Stuff

DarkArtist said:
Captain_Piet said:
Well, I was right at the door at opening that day and saw none of that.
CP I'm not accusing you of being this guy. I wonder if perhaps we both entered the store at the same time or within seconds of each perhaps. I know I got there at 8:45 to be sure that I would hopefully score a set of the figures. that's when I saw the guy in the store buying the figures.

when they finally opened the door to let customers come in the cases where already picked clean of every EU figure and all that remained where the remains of the figures, a few DSII luke's i think. I saw one guy with a shopping cart that had 1 of each figure in it and remember talking with the guy for a few seconds (he let me see the figures that I missed out on - not sure if that was you or Star Tours).

I know I walked out with a guy who also didn't get any of them and then I went to woodbridge and the other gentlemen arrived a few minutes after me.

I went back to the store around 11:30 (the female store manager stated that the other 3 cases would be opened at 12:00pm) and i was told by a different manager that the figures were put out around 9:45 that morning and were already gone.

sorry if my post sounded like I was accusing you. not my intention.
No, I didn't think you were accusing me.
I was the first or second in the store. I got at least one of every figure to be done with them all at once.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Re: New Stuff

Picked up wave 7 at East Brunswick TRU. Got there about 15 minutes after opening. Only one case on shelf. Didn't have to fight any managers or phantom scalpers to get it.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

MATTGUNNS said:
Picked up wave 7 at East Brunswick TRU. Got there about 15 minutes after opening. Only one case on shelf. Didn't have to fight any managers or phantom scalpers to get it.
congrats... i gave up on the hunt and ordered Wave 7 from HTS. paid $100 for the case so the figures came out to $8.33 per figure... I'm thinking about going this route from now on... it saves on time and the cost of gas. also the frustration is less do to the fact that the cases are shipped right to my front door.

still need to hit up TRU and Target once and while to get some of the store exclusives though.
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Re: New Stuff

One Barriss, sitting by herself, anxiously awaiting someone to purchase her at the Deptford Target as of 10:50am, today, Sunday morning. Nothing else worthy of mention.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

spotted the Vintage Y-Wing fighter over the weekend at the TRU in East Brunswick. I already have the Vintage Kenner, Red/Blue Saga One and the most recent Legecy one. I'm good on the Y-Wing department for now. Until they make the Y-Wing larger in scale with more details I'll pass.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Re: New Stuff

Was able to get my exclusive vintage box AT-AT at everybody's favorite TRU in East Brunswick today without incident. They held it at customer service for me.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
26
Location
Sayreville NJ
Re: New Stuff

Captain_Piet said:
Was able to get my exclusive vintage box AT-AT at everybody's favorite TRU in East Brunswick today without incident. They held it at customer service for me.
sweet I have been eying one of those for the past few months.. almost bit the bullet and bought one. i'm actually surprised that the Vintage box is hanging around as long as it has.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Messages
2,703
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Re: New Stuff

Hey fellow Garden State fans! I am always happy to extend invitations to serious New Jersey collectors to join the New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club. I know that some of you are already active members, and others here are registered but not necessarily active. But all NJ area Star Wars fans & collectors are welcome!

We offer SECURE store reports that are updated regularly from over 200 individual brick & mortar and online stores. Access to those reports is dependent on active involvement in the forum. This way we can weed out the scalpers that do regularly troll THIS particular thread and try to capitalize on your hard work and honesty. Scalpers generally don't want to invest the time in actually getting into discussions just to gain access to our store reports. Plus, we've got individual threads dedicated to almost every chain store, comic shop and mom & pop shops that are selling Star Wars in New Jersey, along with online stores and stores in the states bordering New Jersey.

Feel free to check it out and I hope to see some of you there!
 
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Re: New Stuff

Today I picked up the Force Unleashed pack at Rockaway TRU. It was the only one. I left behind the Republic Commandos (I already have the 2007 version). Also, they had Y-Wings and the cover ops clone wars trooper.
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Made it down to the Garden State Comic Con in Cherry Hill today as the very busy month of October with several conventions kicks off, peaking next week with New York Comic Con. Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi) and Commander Riker (Jonathan Frakes) were the biggest guests. We did a couple hours walking around and their Q & A. My and my fellow geeks' impressions can be heard on our podcast come Wednesday on iTunes under Ph.Geek or at The Ph.Geek Podcast. Feel free to visit Ph.Geek.com as well for our "dissertations on geek culture."
 
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
0
Location
Coastal New Jersey
Made it down to the Garden State Comic Con in Cherry Hill today as the very busy month of October with several conventions kicks off, peaking next week with New York Comic Con. Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi) and Commander Riker (Jonathan Frakes) were the biggest guests. We did a couple hours walking around and their Q & A. My and my fellow geeks' impressions can be heard on our podcast come Wednesday on iTunes under Ph.Geek or at The Ph.Geek Podcast. Feel free to visit Ph.Geek.com as well for our "dissertations on geek culture."
Think I saw you yesterday. How'd you make out?
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Not good at all. Apparently you can't even give away Star Wars toys to some people.
 
Top