Area Reports Part 5: Its Almost 2008!

Reaction score
Re: Area Reports Part Five

My local Target had the LEGO "TIE Crawler" out today...Ill be passing...

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Des Moines.....

Thursday Geek Day thanks to Turkey Day, so I had to run to Des Moines between my work shifts today. Gald I did....

I found Wave Eight at the Urbandale TRU around noon. Not the whole wave, but enough to keep me happy. McRebel Trooper was long-o gone-o, but I did get the Training Fatigues Clone Trooper, Fireplace Padme, Poncho Jango, Voolvif Monn, and the Bubble Destroyer Droid plus all those minus the Fatigues Clone for my buddy Jeff in Sioux City.

I also got the Comic Packs with the Stormtroopers (Tarkin / Stormie, Chewie / Han Stormie, R2 / Luke Stormie) without the blue paint on them at the Altoona Walmart.

Corman

Reaction score

Corman said:
I found Wave Eight at the Urbandale TRU around noon. Not the whole wave, but enough to keep me happy. McRebel Trooper was long-o gone-o, but I did get the Training Fatigues Clone Trooper, Fireplace Padme, Poncho Jango, Voolvif Monn, and the Bubble Destroyer Droid plus all those minus the Fatigues Clone for my buddy Jeff in Sioux City.

Gah! Where's 5? Or a majority of 7?

Crappy distribution this year Hasbro.

Reaction score

Found a single McSnowie at the Marion WalMart last night. I know that I've been really outspoken on my cutting back on figs and really limiting myself to Fett only purchases, but.... DANG!!! This is a nice looking figure.

Also, to whoever, if you're lurking around here, stashed the McSnowjob on top of the shelves. Behind the faced BattlePacks. On top of some more BattlePacks... thanks.

Now, if WalMart would just get the Fett comic packs.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
New Figure Mojo in Des Moines.....

[/QUOTE]

I love new figure Mojo!!!

Reaction score

Target next to Valley West had the Hunt for Grevious battle packs. Are these repacks?

Reaction score

Picked up Voolfin Moon and The poncho Jango today at target in Dubuque. Left the new clone trooper and the new Destroyer Droid.

Reaction score

I need the poncho Jango if anyone happens to find him, also holographic Darth.

Reaction score

Does anyone need or want a UGH Airborne Trooper? Ideally I would trade for a UGH R2, but I will sell it for what it cost me at WalMart last night.

Also, wow, WalMart had tons of the McQuarrie Vaders and Solos last night. Extra figs, including the McQuarries, were stacked up below the pegs. Tons of product, but alas, no Fett comic packs.

Lemme know if anyone wants the UGH.

Reaction score

Swung by the Wal-mart on E14th today. Finally a streak of luck. They had a whole pallet of Wii's.

Here is what I don't get. I would say 80% of the people in line waiting to purchase one were Wal-Mart employees.

Reaction score

Thought I saw you at WM Kev. Wasn't sure withought the silver shades! Keep an eye out at the southside store. They have some figures but they are lost in the back room!(when you have 25-35 pallets of toys filling up the place, things don't always get worked) I also saw that they are getting trays of galactic hereos soon.

Wal-mart associates have to wait to buy Wii's just like everyone else. They limit them and they don't know when or if they are getting them till around 11 am. So glad I'm not a big game player anymore(just bought me a PS2 last year-and it was used!)

Reaction score

Ok, trying again with the Attactix... .50 a pop!

Reaction score

Picked up Tycho and the Ewoks this morning at Ankeny Wal-Mart. Still a couple Anakins, R2's, and Ewoks left. No McQuarries.

Reaction score

TrooperJake said:
Picked up Tycho and the Ewoks this morning at Ankeny Wal-Mart. Still a couple Anakins, R2's, and Ewoks left. No McQuarries.
We just missed each other this morning. I was there at 7:30

I saw those figures along with Anakin Spirit. Left them all there. That Anakin Spirit looks horrible in my opinion. Almost looks constipated.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
That Anakin Spirit looks horrible in my opinion. Almost looks constipated.

[/QUOTE]
I like his [censored] see through night gown...

Reaction score

obi1kevnobi said:
Thanks for leaving them
You shoulda stopped by Target, I was waiting outside with the rest of the folks. Of course that wasn't until a little before 8 and they didn't have anything good anyway. Also no Wiis which dissapointed everyone else who was there. I did run into someones Dad at Wal-Mart looking for UGH figures. Said his sons were both 40+. Anybody here?

Reaction score

TrooperJake said:
obi1kevnobi said:
Thanks for leaving them
You shoulda stopped by Target, I was waiting outside with the rest of the folks. Of course that wasn't until a little before 8 and they didn't have anything good anyway. Also no Wiis which dissapointed everyone else who was there. I did run into someones Dad at Wal-Mart looking for UGH figures. Said his sons were both 40+. Anybody here?
Really, I was at Ankeny Target yesterday and they had part of wave 7.5 . They did not have the Clones or the Holo Vader, so I got the rest and left the red naBOO (notice the boo) figure and the Greedo figure.

Reaction score

Swung by the Target in Merle Hay and picked up a couple 7th Legion Clone Troopers and Holo Darth Vader. They also had a couple ARC-170 battle packs.

I would really like to find a couple of the Star Wars Clone Trooper: Hawkbat Battalion Figure or Dark Trooper if anyone runs into them and doesn't want them I would certainly re-imburse you for them.

Reaction score

Sgt13Echo said:
Swung by the Target in Merle Hay and picked up a couple 7th Legion Clone Troopers and Holo Darth Vader. They also had a couple ARC-170 battle packs.

I would really like to find a couple of the Star Wars Clone Trooper: Hawkbat Battalion Figure or Dark Trooper if anyone runs into them and doesn't want them I would certainly re-imburse you for them.
Did they have any extra of those two

Reaction score

Yes, they had extra 7th Legion but only one Holo Darth and the card was bent

Reaction score

Not really a store report but my D-Con/TDH Boba Fett shirt just arrived. So cool.

For anybody who cares, Monkey in a Dryer is clearing out their stock of Star Wars shirts and TDH shirts and posters.

Reaction score

Monkey in a Dryer? What's that?

hahaha naBOO... Glad to see that the yellow guys have their news red buds coming now...

Reaction score

The Red shirt guys always die ;(. Oh wait that's the other star show.

Reaction score

Fetus.....what shirt did you get, you know I want to see it.

Reaction score

Jerry, SWS has the Animated Fett keys up now and the Fett flash drives.

Reaction score

colemantrebor said:
Really, I was at Ankeny Target yesterday and they had part of wave 7.5 . They did not have the Clones or the Holo Vader, so I got the rest and left the red naBOO (notice the boo) figure and the Greedo figure.
lol I saw those leftovers that day. The wierd thing is I'd been there earlier and all they had was the soldier guy with the big gun so they must just be stocking at odd times.

Reaction score

TrooperJake said:
colemantrebor said:
lol I saw those leftovers that day. The wierd thing is I'd been there earlier and all they had was the soldier guy with the big gun so they must just be stocking at odd times.
I had them get some from the back

Reaction score

I will have to let my wife know, I better be good for just a few more days.......

Reaction score

Cedar Rapids - TRU has wave 7.5 on the pegs as of lunch time. I picked up the Holographic Vader that I needed. SW Wal-Mart put out more legends this morning. They had a pallet out on the floor with what looked like about 10 - 15 cases of Star Wars figures on it & I looked to see what assortments where on it. They had a few boxes of wave 7.5, wave 5's , waves 4, & etc. I couldn't tell if any Saga Legends where there but they are about all they have been putting out lately. So it might be a while before we see any of wave 8 there.

Reaction score

I found Tycho and the Ewoks here the 24th in Marion's WM....I also snagged a $2 CW Basic Mace Windu, and 3 BSG Viper repaints elsewhere.

Reaction score

Made the pilgrimage to the frozen tundra this weekend to watch the Pack destroy the Raiders and stopped at a few stores along the way. In Marion, Iowa there were TONS of action figures. I am not sure if I ever seen so many, nothing real special but lots of them. However, in Green Bay Shopko I found a pre-cyborg Grievous and Darth Malek. Target had the AT-RT and ARC 170 exclusives but I passed on them. However, they had to UGH Airborne troopers, if anyone needs one let me know!

Reaction score

jodo said:
I found Tycho and the Ewoks here the 24th in Marion's WM....I also snagged a $2 CW Basic Mace Windu, and 3 BSG Viper repaints elsewhere.
I hope you don't mean Marion, Iowa, Jodo. 'Cus if you do that would mean I'd have to be peeved you didn't let me know you were coming to town.

And yes, the last few times I've been in the Marion WM they have TONS of stuff and all recent waves.

Reaction score

BOBA Are you getting the animated Boba key from starwarsshop.com, I would really like to get it, just not sure of my Hyperspace membership number, I really need this one, messed up on the last one, so missed out

Reaction score

Probably not. For starters I'm not a Hyperspace member. Secondly, I'm still not fond of the size of the keys. I'd prefer they be a little bit bigger for the money.

I keep meaning to do my own version of the Fett character key. I did an R2 key earlier this year. If I ever get time to do a Fett version I'll let ya know.

Also, forgot to mention it earlier, I picked up a first edition of the Star Wars novelization from 1976 this weekend. It's not mint but it's also not trashed.