Area Reports 9: The Search for hidden stashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, today is my last day in New York (and this is the last time I will have internet access for awhile), so I figured I would pop on and say goodbye to all on here. It's been a pleasure sharing in the hunt with you. It has also been great meeting many of you off-line as well. I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time on here just to see what's going on here on LI...

Reaction score
my_kind_of_scum said:
Well, today is my last day in New York (and this is the last time I will have internet access for awhile), so I figured I would pop on and say goodbye to all on here. It's been a pleasure sharing in the hunt with you. It has also been great meeting many of you off-line as well. I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time on here just to see what's going on here on LI...
Be good. Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll find things before we do but if you need help with anything let us know. It was fun.

Keith

Reaction score
my_kind_of_scum said:
what happened? where are you moving to?

Reaction score
Nothing in Setauket Wally & Target, or Centereach Wally but TRU Lake Grove had the Tie fighters with the big wings & the 'newer' TAC Ep3 Mace & Obi Jedi Starfighter, Banthas & Comic Packs, Degobah X-wing, yata-yata-yata, Peg warmer TAC figures... pretty much all of them except for the 2 clones and the McFett / McTrooper (you know, the ones we all want).

Anyone find wave 3 yet?

Reaction score
Finally! Found the new vintage figures at the Brooklyn TRU near Kings Plaza.

No snowtroopers though.

Reaction score
well, ive been a litte late with reports but carle place and pequa toys r us had the votc figs on wedsday and yesterday, levittown target and huntington toys r us had them.

Reaction score
hey everyone, i'll be staying in the area a while, long beach to be exact, and was wondering if anyone knows the hotspots in the area. i've been doing some heavy duty collecting here in florida and i dont plan on laying off while in NY. i used to live in east meadow, so i remember some of what was there as of a year or so ago, but i never spent much time in long beach. are there any collectors you know around there? PM me or respond here or whatever, i'll be watching this thread as well for a while. thanks, i appreciate it.

Reaction score
picked up some of the vintage at Bayshore TRU this morning. It looked like they had just put a case out. I picked up 2 Lukes, 2 Leia's, 1 Han and 1 snowtrooper. I dont really want IG-88 or Bossk. Maybe later on this summer if they're still around I'll pick them up.

Reaction score
Re: CIV McQuarrie Luke Skywalker Available Now

For anyone in this forum interested in the McQuarrie Luke Skywalker, the figure is available right now on the HTS website. Please don't forget to use the promo code when ordering.

Reaction score

Yep, I just ordered 2! For less than 25 bucks total!

Reaction score

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
hope you got jediclaus 1!

Reaction score

Target Seatauket had the new VOTC wave out, but only 4 left... 1 Bossk, 2 Leia's & 1 Hoth Han. I did not buy any. This was @ 8:30am

Reaction score

I missed out on the Luke figure, HTS site is not accepting orders, it just says "coming soon"

Reaction score

**ATTENTION**

DOUBLEDOWN is in Cali right now and he has extra MCQUARRIE R2D2 & C3PO's.

$35 a pop. who wants one?

Reaction score

SnotRag said:
**ATTENTION**

SnotRag said:
dam, no one wants one?
I'll try to state this as politely as I can but trying to sell the McQuarrie Concept C-3PO and R2-D2 figures at $35.00 a pop when it's being sold at CIV for $20.00 a pop seems to be a bit of a scalper thing to do. Except it's not being done through eBay but through these forums. That could be why there are no offers.

However, if the $35.00 total includes the S&H then I take everything back.

Reaction score

Went out shopping with the wife this morning. Picked up an extra Vintage Luke and Leia. Also stopped off at the KB in Patchogue...the one by Best Buy. They had 4 Mcquarrie boba's if anyone is still looking. I bought 1 of them as an extra, but left 3 as of 12pm. They had a ton of wave 2. as expected, no wave 3 sightings.

Reaction score

No wave 3 sightings at Seatuket Wally & Target, Target Commack No & So, Commack Wally or Lake Grove TRU.

Reaction score

Good keeping an eye out. These are gonna be hot!

Reaction score

the FL boards have reported wave 3 in AZ and a few here and there in FL as well. i havent seen them myself yet but wal-marts and targets are both getting them at the same time.

Reaction score

JediValorius said:
SnotRag said:
**ATTENTION**

SnotRag said:
dam, no one wants one?
I'll try to state this as politely as I can but trying to sell the McQuarrie Concept C-3PO and R2-D2 figures at $35.00 a pop when it's being sold at CIV for $20.00 a pop seems to be a bit of a scalper thing to do. Except it's not being done through eBay but through these forums. That could be why there are no offers.

Doubledown is trying to help us out by picking them up for us. The only reason they are $35 each is the fact of the air fare, price of the 5 day badge, waiting in line for hours, and carting them all back here for us. A very fair price if I do say so myself. I will be taking 1 please.

Thank you DD for doing us the favor of picking these up and saving us the displeasure of dealing with E-Bay. You are the best.

Reaction score

SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
Doubledown is trying to help us out by picking them up for us. The only reason they are $35 each is the fact of the air fare, price of the 5 day badge, waiting in line for hours, and carting them all back here for us. A very fair price if I do say so myself. I will be taking 1 please.

Thank you DD for doing us the favor of picking these up and saving us the displeasure of dealing with E-Bay. You are the best.
I meant no disrespect to Doubledown or to SnotRag. My point was not to insult either of them but to make an observation. I am open to retracting anything I mention.

Just so no one ends up getting the wrong idea, I hate eBay just as much as the next forum member and I support those who attempt to help others. There is also the unfortunate reality that eBay could be a necessary evil. I broke down and purchased the McQuarrie C-3PO and R2-D2 for $28.00 (cost plus S&H) on eBay. I just couldn't fight the urge, I thought the offer was good.

Reaction score

JediValorius said:
SnotRag said:
**ATTENTION**

SnotRag said:
dam, no one wants one?

not a scalper thing to do, simple facts of life. it will cost HIM $35 for each. each member only gets one figure per pass.

Reaction score

SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
JediValorius said:
SnotRag said:
**ATTENTION**

SnotRag said:
dam, no one wants one?

I dont even think it goes like that. He called me the first day. they were $20. only 1 per pass. so, if anyone needed more, they had to buy additional passes at $28 a pop. so, the price would go up to $48. he then called me and said they dropped the price of the pass on the last day and the entire amount came out to $35. so, thats $20 for the figure and 15 for the pass.

Reaction score

If there are any left, how can I get one/pay for it? Thanks!!

Reaction score

SnotRag said:
I dont even think it goes like that. He called me the first day. they were $20. only 1 per pass. so, if anyone needed more, they had to buy additional passes at $28 a pop. so, the price would go up to $48. he then called me and said they dropped the price of the pass on the last day and the entire amount came out to $35. so, thats $20 for the figure and 15 for the pass.
Hi, just got back yesterday, great show for the most part.

I paid $110 in advance for a 4 day pass, you were allowed 1 fig. per day. With the fanclub membership, you could also buy a fifth figure on thursday (fanclub only day). There was no line at the store any time I went there, it was a huge open room with 40 registers.

At the door tix were $125 for a 4 day badge, so $27.50/day. A 1 day badge at the door was $45! 1 day child badge at the door was $25. Which pass was $28?

Anyway, $35 aint so bad but when you say he has extra, like he bought his 4 (or 5) and only needs 2, it sounds high (assuming, like me, he flew to California for more than just an action figure).
It seems you mean that he would actually buy another daily badge in order just to purchase an extra figure for someone, $35 makes perfect sense-he's charging what he pays.

Lukes at Hasbro, by the way were $15 and you could buy 6 per day, I think at times they dropped that down to 2 as they seemed to sell out and re-stock daily, but they did have tons. I got on line when it was not so bad and waited about an hour.
VOTC from Hasbro was good, $59.99 for the set of six.
The only way to get McBoba from them was to buy a full case assortment (or about $35 from most other toy dealers there)

One toy dealer at the show was buying Lukes for $19 and selling them for $40!

For myself, I trust the postal service a tiny bit more than the airlines, so I shipped my figures (R2/C3PO + Luke) home to myself parcel post. When I get them in a week, I'll see what shape they arrive in and may have some extras for cost plus shipping, or trade (anyone with extra McBobas?)

p.s. I've never purchased from Toyrocket, but they have them for 19.99 ...
http://www.toyrocket.com/Star-Wars-30th-Anniversary-Collection-Exclusives-McQuarrie-Concept-R2-D2-and-C-3PO-Action-Figure-P42416C0.aspx

Reaction score

Hey guys Bayshore TRU had a TON of the new Comic Packs today. Should be plenty for everyone.

Reaction score

Target Valley Stream- gave the dpci and an employee brought out a fresh case of TAC- finally scored McBoba!

Reaction score

DoubleDown & I both obtained wave 3 today.

Reaction score

BespinJedi34 said:
Also stopped off at the KB in Patchogue...the one by Best Buy. They had 4 Mcquarrie boba's if anyone is still looking.
Thanks for the tip, I went in at 6pm last night and picked up the last 2!!

Reaction score

east meadow, westbury, massapequa and farmingdale walmart.

Reaction score

I bet were going to see a lot of missing moisture vaporators soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.