Area Reports 9: The Search for hidden stashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Wave 4

SnotRag said:
I live for the thrill of the hunt!

Having people at Walmart hold them for you? What kind of hunt is that?

Now I can hunt at my own pace knowing I already have the set

Reaction score

SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
SnotRag said:

its called a "guarantee!"

Reaction score

SnotRag said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
SnotRag said:

its called a "guarantee!"
I'm just bustin on ya. The hunt is cool too but going every morning and finding nothing gets old really fast. Legends are clogging the racks and it doesnt look good. I KNOW a few walmarts have wave 4 cases ( I still need a 2nd McVader, gave mine to Doubledown) sitting in the backroom and they wont bring them out because "the pegs are full" Wave 5 is probably in the backroom as well. I'm still on the hunt for wave 5 because I gave my 2nd set to one of the best boardies around (Doubledown). The hunt is great but a "guarantee" is better. See you at the stores.

THE RAGE

Reaction score

if you'd posted this in the vintage forum you would have garnered that response. Most of us don't even see the new figures out east. Nothing in months.

Reaction score

I found some wave 5 today at Walmart in Valley Stream. Someone took all the good stuff though. Only got some beat up yoda, anakin, hammerhead, and 3po W/ crumb. I know someone here has the rest. Share the wealth dude!!

Reaction score
Re: Tie Interceptor

Lake Grove TRU had plenty of Tie Interceptors, Y-Wings and (for Darth Buff) the Transformers Deluxe 2008 Bumblebee wave.

Setauket Target - nothing, Centereach WalMart - nothing

Also, my buddy @ Holbrook TRU says the cases they are getting a hybrid wave 3&4 case with no CZ4 or McVader... instead it's McChewwie and another from wave 3 packed in, thus explaining why no full wave 4. Complete BS.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Re: Tie Interceptor

Good to hear about the TIE Interceptors at TRU, I've been waiting for them to hit.

Setauket Walmart: Nada

Holbrook TRU: Zip

Bay Shore Target: Zilch. Bunch of Legends though.

Bay Shore TRU: Had 2 Jedi Lukes so they got something, but that was the only new figs they had.

Mike

Reaction score

Gringo31 said:
I found some wave 5 today at Walmart in Valley Stream. Someone took all the good stuff though. Only got some beat up yoda, anakin, hammerhead, and 3po W/ crumb. I know someone here has the rest. Share the wealth dude!!
Of course, I've been in VS like 5 times in the last week, the one day I'm not...!

Reaction score

I was in NYC tonight for the Jimmy Buffett concert and my wife and I went to the Hard Rock cafe for dinner first...right across the street is the TRU. It was almost 7:30pm and I knew there would be nothing there...but I had to look anyway...and I was right...nothing. Concert was good though. Anyway, I ebayed a case of wave 5 this weekend. Came out to about $10.20 per figure. I'll still go out hunting a little bit because I definetly want doubles of some of the figs but at least now I have 1 of each. I'm off from work tomorrow(actually today) so I figure I'll go out hunting. I'll let you all know if I find anything worthwhile.

Reaction score

Thanks to the tip from Atreyu, I picked up the Tie Interceptor from Lake Grove TRU. It looked like they put out 3 cases of wave 3 there...basing that on the 3 McChewie's they had.

I stopped off at Holbrook TRU and was lucky enough to see some wave 4 figs and to my surpise 2 UGH's...a McChewie and a airborne trooper so i picked those up and left the other wave 4 figs behind.

Bayshore TRU had wave 4 Umpass and 2 Jedi Luke's. I dont know if anyone out there collects Lego's, but they had 2 pretty cool looking Star Wars exclusives there.

I hit other stores too, but same old stuff we have been seeing...ridiculous amounts of saga legends...I saw quite a few Sandtroopers, Fett's and Red battle droids today. In fact, Middle Island Walmart has lots of them both. They are in one of those mid aisle displays if anyone is looking.

Reaction score

Bayshore TRU has one Luke Jedi left. I bought one.
Thanks atreyu2112 for the update on the Transformers.

Reaction score

pequa TRU had tons of wave 3 and 4 today, as well as the tie.

Reaction score

Tons of Wave 4? nice. Wish I could have been there. still need McVader, CZ-4.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Tons of Wave 4? nice. Wish I could have been there. still need McVader, CZ-4.
Jedi Claus cleaned house today in Massapequa.

Reaction score

Valley Stream TRU had Tie's and all wave 4 except no CZ or McVader.

Nothing new at VS Target

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Figures the good stuff gone. Like the Mets losing streak.
Yeah, 1 in a row now! Let's see if they can play a whole game without an error next...

Reaction score

Valley Stream TRU had Mcvader and CZ-4 today. Got lucky and got one Mcvader. Will stash or buy anymore that I find. Target and TRU should be having sales starting on the 23rd. So get some stashes ready. Later.

Reaction score

my Toys R us connection just dropped off a McVader and a CZ4!

Massapequa had 3 cases today.

Reaction score

holbrook tru got some wave 4 today...i picked up a ugh windu. also stopped off at the comic shop in the mall there and picked up saga legends biker scout, tc-14 and imperial commander

Reaction score

BespinJedi34 said:
holbrook tru got some wave 4 today...i picked up a ugh windu. also stopped off at the comic shop in the mall there and picked up saga legends biker scout, tc-14 and imperial commander
did ya get the cz4 and mcvader?

Reaction score

No. I didnt get there until after work...around 5:45 pm...I was lucky to find the UGH. I already have a Mcvader and CZ-4 via ebay....although I'd pick up another McVader if I saw it.

Reaction score

Bayshore TRU had no new figs. But they do how a few Tie Interseptors of anyone needs them.

Reaction score

VS did not have anything new this morning. I got Mcvader on Thursday. Just trying to save you a trip.

Reaction score

Holbrook TRU had more wave 4 figs this morning. I picked up UGH R2, UGH Galactic Marine and a McVader. They had 2 CZ-4's but I left them both. 1 of those is enough for me. I also picked up the Luke Skywalker master replica fx lightsaber. My case of wave 5 via ebay came today as well so it has been a good day.

Reaction score

Gringo31 said:
VS did not have anything new this morning. I got Mcvader on Thursday. Just trying to save you a trip.
thanks, I had a feelin the guy was jerking my chain. he was trying to put me on a guilt trip because I didnt go to massapequa tru so he tried pulling this on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.