Area Reports 3

Reaction score
R5_D2 said:
He showed me the figs on card, and said he got them at Wal-Mart in Westminster, but there was no sign of them when I went there. So he's either mistaken or lying.
or got them at Target or TRU and forgot. What a dork

Reaction score
Interesting!? I didn't know our own OC was AS scalper infested as I thought. (I, like everyone of you, has scalper war stories)

For me, it's one thing to live in scalper central, BUT also to be a college student (that has grown up competing with adult scalpers since he was 8 for finding action since figures Phantom Menace came out), who can't have the almost inalienable right to buy the Star Wars figures that he wants in a friggin Target, BECAUSE SOME SCALPER HAS ALREADY BOUGHT ALL OF THEM! And don’t get me started on some of the retail corruption I’ve seen i.e. sales associates selling figures on ebay before even leaving the backroom.

So yeah…pretty much me to scalpers = Mace Windu to Emperor Palpatine

Sorry about my epic post, as you can see I’m new to the forum.

Well, for you guys to know just in case we run into each other, here are the main stores I scout out and will report from to you guys when I get chances to go:

Target – Tustin, Target – Anaheim Hills, ToysRUs – Anaheim Hills, Target – (both Santa Ana locations), Walmart – Tustin, Target - (both Irvine locations), and Toys R Us – Irvine(Tustin Marketplace)

Reaction score
as long as there are stupid, impatient people who don't care about their money --the scalping problem will never stop. DO NOT buy from SCALPERS! Stop feeding them & then maybe the true collectors will have 1/2 a chance.

believe us HRZ - we know every corrupt scenario u can think of. Esp. in scalpcentral LA. Too bad more LA collectors dont post on our board. No one talks

Reaction score
Apparently my co-worker wasn't wrong after all. I just did a late night haul at the Westminster Wal-Mart:
2x Foil Magnaguards
2x Clone Troopers
1x Grievous
1x Anakin
1x Senate Duel Palps

Annnnd I'm done with Wave 2.

Reaction score
Nice! Congrats. Would you say then that Walmart may be a more likely place to find them? I have had no such luck...yet. And the "Foil" packaging, is it just that, or is there another thing special about it? I guess they're more rare? I do admit it looks nice. Something in human nature likes shiny things.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
as long as there are stupid, impatient people who don't care about their money --the scalping problem will never stop. DO NOT buy from SCALPERS! Stop feeding them & then maybe the true collectors will have 1/2 a chance.

believe us HRZ - we know every corrupt scenario u can think of. Esp. in scalpcentral LA. Too bad more LA collectors dont post on our board. No one talks

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know why they don't talk. There has got to be such a big collecting population, especially in LA of all places. I guess they are a tad too lazy or something to post.

Reaction score
it boggles my mind.

I able to get a few wave 2 today thanks to a stash, & i'm going to return to TRU -once i find them at Target & wally. $10 sux. I now need magnaguard, sandie, anakin, and other ughs (already have vader, han & cody)

Reaction score
HothRebelZZ said:
Nice! Congrats. Would you say then that Walmart may be a more likely place to find them? I have had no such luck...yet. And the "Foil" packaging, is it just that, or is there another thing special about it? I guess they're more rare? I do admit it looks nice. Something in human nature likes shiny things.
I think Wal-Mart may get their shipments first. Since that particular Wal-Mart doesn't have a lot on the pegs in the first place, they usually are quick to put out figures rather than my Targets, who are dying because Saga Legends and Clone Wars figures are choking their pegs to death.

Foil packaging is just that...shiny silvery goodness on the "Star Wars" logo/border.
I'll admit, I'm actually saving my cardbacks from this release (save for General Grievous...horrible card art) and taking my time to make sure I don't rip them...I really like the cardbacks.

Reaction score
found Ig-100 and sandie at TRU today. IG was ugh so 4 down --8 to go. Woooooooo!!!!! Good week - now i need to find some of these guys at target & wally so i can take these TRUs back

Reaction score
I scouted out the Target and Toys R US in Anaheim (Festival Center) and there was no sign of wave 2. The Toys R Us Barely had wave 1. Geez my area is not good right now.

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how big Grievous is on the TVC card. Maybe that's why the art is bad. Do you scout out the Target and Walmart by the Orange mall? If so any luck?

Reaction score
i need to look at that card art - many are complainin about it. Then i'll pass judgment.
As far as Orange? No - too far for me. I scouted a few local targets & wallys this am. Nothing.

Reaction score
I used to scout the Orange Mall WM & Target when I worked @ RadioShack.

For WM, usually it will be good for like...a few months into a new line at WM, but then it'll die off fast, save for when a new wave is released...pegs will be good and like a week later they'll look empty again. At least thats how it was for me the 3 years I worked @ Shack. Maybe this year will be different.

Target usually keeps everything pretty well stocked, but they sometimes just keep putting out case after case of a particular wave. Not that it's a bad thing.

I remember going to TRU @ Festival one day last year, and managing to find TAC on the shelves still LOL. And Terminator Salvation toys @ full price, even though every other retailer clearanced them long ago.

Reaction score
Yeah the Terminator Salvation toy situation there is silly and sad. What are the main stores you scout now then?

I checked both Santa Ana Targets yesterday...nothing, barely wave 1 for that matter. I checked the Tustin ave. (Orange Mall) Target and Walmart...nothing again. I have not seen a single wave 2 figure yet.

Yet I will not give in to the scalpers. Never!

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i need to look at that card art - many are complainin about it. Then i'll pass judgment.
As far as Orange? No - too far for me. I scouted a few local targets & wallys this am. Nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Geez. Are you going to buy multiples/army build if you find more?

I guess the card isn't that bad, it just isn't as amazing as the others. I WILL get the figure though. I haven't got a General G since the arm slashing one from the ROTS line.

Reaction score
Scouted Anaheim (Festival Center) Toys R US and Target today.
Toys R US: I saw my very first sign of Wave 2. They had an Obi Wan, Darth Sidious, and a Grievous. I was going to buy the Grievous, however they were chargin $9.99 for it, which I felt was too much.

Target: Still no sign of Wave 2 there

Reaction score
I finally found all the Wave 2 Vintage Collection figures I was looking for this weekend!

That's cool that someone found a Swamp Speeder (i.e. homepage). I'm tempted to get one. How about you guys?

BTW was it ever in ROTS? Like real tiny in a far-away-shot?

Reaction score
Found a Mando BP buried under an Anti-Hailfire BP @ Orange Target. Score.

No ARC Trooper BP though.

Reaction score
anyone seen defense or attack on hoths anywhere for $20?
also any v-19's?

Reaction score
i can answer that for southbay and hollywood & san fernando valley targets ---no, unfortunately. I'm lookin for the senate commando 2pack on clearance

Reaction score
how about 9 packs as of today?

i havent seen any of those out here since awhile before christmas.

on another note the sams club where i work at has an at-at for 49.95 if anyone out here is looking to pick one up.

Reaction score
Cypress Target had them last time I was there.

I haven't gone out and looked for anything in months. Because there hasn't been anything good out in months.

Reaction score
franks on wednesdays and saturdays!

on another note has anyone spotted the endor packs lately? the TRUs near me dont have them..

Reaction score
I went to Target in Irvine and they have the 2 new Target exclusive Waxer & Battle Droid/Spec. Ops Trooper and Drone. I had to ask for them in the back and they haven't put them on pegs yet. I'm guessing most other targets have them but haven't displayed them yet either

Reaction score
All of clone wars wave 8 at wallmart in la habra sat of 2:50 there was more than 5 of each figure.

Reaction score
There is ONE Rebel Fleet Trooper @ the Westminster Mall Target. Passed since I'm currently slimming down the collection..

Reaction score
Surprisingly saw a Vintage TIE Fighter Target exclusive in Brea last week. Went back today as I was on the fence if I wanted a 2nd one. It was still there, but decided not to get it for $24.99. I thought for a second that perhaps it was a swap, but the factory tape seemed to be unaltered.