Area Reports 3

Reaction score
I think the only things I'm missing are the recent Target 2-packs (Thire and co.) and this year's Droid Factory sets.

Reaction score
oh ok, there wasn't much present line stuff... mostly older things... anything older than CW or TLC you needed?

I am getting rid of carded versions of most of the current clones.... any need there?

Reaction score
Nah, the only things I need that were released prior to the last few months are the black card Star Tours droids.

Reaction score
For all OC scummers who customize or build dioramans---DUDE...found a GREAT PLACE to buy supplies..it's like NIRVANA on earth for customizing.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making molds and cast parts (mostly helmets and weapons), but was reluctant to buy online cause I like to actually see, feel, weigh the product before buying.

They had styrene sheets/rods, paints, brushes, 2-4 different brands of molds and casting resins, sculpting tools, etc

I highly recommend just dropping by and checking it out...COOL thing is that it's across the street from gamestop (best paints IMO).

here's the address:

ART SUPPY WAREHOUSE
6672 WESTMINSTER BLVD
WESTMINSTER, CA 92683
(714) 891-3626

I'm heading back tomorrow to buy the putty mold and cast resins---need to make multiples of my Commander Faie helmet, Custom 41st elite helmet, and custom ARF helmet...some Halo back packs, etc

can't wait

Reaction score
anyone seen the Target genenosian 2 pack? This is the first Target exclusive that I haven't seen flood Target in 3 years. Worried.

Reaction score
i saw some at burbank target. Overall, target may not have ordered a lot b/c of the bad economy and slow figure sales. just a guess

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
i saw some at burbank target. Overall, target may not have ordered a lot b/c of the bad economy and slow figure sales. just a guess
wowser..I guess all my "BE PATIENT" advice in the TLC forum is baseless...IT'S TIME TO PANIC

Reaction score
the figures arent that great anyway -esp. for the price. The BD mold needs to be upgraded. I'll hold out for a nice SA Fisto. There's a few good jedi, but that's about it.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
the figures arent that great anyway -esp. for the price. The BD mold needs to be upgraded. I'll hold out for a nice SA Fisto. There's a few good jedi, but that's about it.
From what I've seen in the forum..the kit fisto/genenosian and Trebor/Jango are the best of the bunch. Those are the ones I want. Luckily, got the Kit Fisto last night at the Anaheim Target. Haven't opened it yet to comment.

Oh--for you army builders in OC...I've been having success PMing overseas sellers and negotiating prices for bulk buy.

Just got 10 Legacy stormies and 30 SA biker scouts for $130 which comes out to be $3.25 per figure.

Reaction score
Picked up the new wave of BAD figures at Walmart Anaheim just before noon today. Found the new 2-person AT-ST and the Clone Wars speeder bikes (Dooku and Obi-Wan) as well. Unfortunately they only had one of each, but hopefully they'll start hitting more often soon.

Reaction score
Those Geo Packs are nice. I picked up Mace & BD Com at Cypress Target. I'm hip with the BD Com, he can take a knee! I'm likin the articulation. I hate having to eat a figure for him though.. Oh well, more junk for the custom bin.

I've seen a double digit amount of both Dewbacks and AT-STs lately, I'm not in a hurry on those guys.

Reaction score
FINALLY found the Dewback this morning---LOTS of them---more than 15- at the Orange Walmart.

becareful and pick wisely--the paint job on the sandie is horrible---especially on the left lens.

I found one I was happy with but had to stash it cause I forgot my clone cash. Had this clone cash for months (it soften the blow for buying Cad Bane) but there was absolutely nothing to buy.

oh---this walmart apparently got the newest wave--found only the evo padme and TLC VOTC stormie.

Can't wait to open the VOTC stormie---my first---and see why ppl like this mold so much.

I sure hope they re-issue this BJ hips SOONer rather than later. They should use the space stormie helmet though. the BJ hip stormie's helmet looks horrible. down right ugly.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
prices are waay to high on all of those items........
Yeah, I'm in no rush to get the AT-ST or Dewback yet...they keep piling the things in the toy aisle. In a few Wal-Marts, they're starting to migrate through the whole toy dept...

I still stand by my purchase of the Geo pack though. I customed the Mace into a random jedi with a cyborg-esque arm.

Reaction score
it's not the price that pisses me off. It's the Walmart sale associates bad attitude that pisses me off more than anything. That's why I avoid buying SW products from them.

OK--so...the former ****** bag of a toy department manager transferred. So I think things will be different.

Went there this morning around 6:30---you know the 91, 57, 22 FWY...get up an hour early so you don't have to sit in traffic for an hour deal. it's some F***ed up satanic logic--to pick up the dewback I stashed yesterday cause I forgot to bring my clone cash.

I go back and to make sure that the paint job is top notched...the $30 price tag warrants it. I check out all the dewbacks left...around 12-15. I suddenly noticed the mouth grid is blue and black. some had just mostly black. I picked up two good ones...went and asked a sales associate if she could get the dew back on the top shelf.

Thats where I stashed it...found a top shelf with nothing around it and just tossed it up there. Also tossed up the TSC stormie.

She got all upset...Saying things like, "did an associate do that for you?" "I won't find that you're lying to me on the security cam?" "this is ridiculuous!" "you dealers." "now I have to move all these boxes to get it."

F*** man, I told her, "there's nothing around it" "dude, there's like 12 over there" "If you don't want to sell it to me, then it's fine by me." I mostly wanted the sandie, but I know I can buy that figure on ebay cheaper. The dewback is a bonus because of a diorama I would like to do but probably won't. So it's really no big deal to me.

This girl goes on and on and on. I just smiled and didnt give a rats [censored] after awhile.

so I go to the GI JOE section...it's on sale for $5. Wanted to find 2 duke in delta accelerator suit to go with my open display of 6 rip cord in delta accelerator suit. You know how the shelves are literally falling over with these guys (therefore the price cuts for weeks). well, I am looking through the stacks..and one falls to the floor. Before I can even retrive it. She comes out of no where and says, "I dont mind you buying them, but dont make a mess."

DUDE_--a mess--Orange walmart is a f***kin mess. I don't know how many times I missed it, but there are 15+ AT-STs on the top most shelf. I hadnt even noticed it yesterday or this morning until my final pass of the toy aisles.

I told her, "no--you do mind that I buy them." and just left.

mind you..I am in my medical scrubs, socks, sandals, 2 red box videos, and a cartful of food products (soda pops, chips, cleaning detergents, etc). A dealer....

Pissed off...first time I've been in this hell hole..first time I see a toy manager..and to find out she is no better than the last one. ORange walmart sucks.

oh--i did open the VOTC stormie from the TLC. it looks the same as the kashyyyk BP? i dont get the hoopla?

Reaction score
Oh wow so they transferred the other manager finally? He was effing terrible! Whenever he was on the floor he was hitting on female associates, never actually doing anything productive. The only time I saw him interact with a customer was to basically tell her tough s#!t about some product the customer was looking for.

This new manager doesn't seem much better. If she ever says anything like that to me, I'll be sure to let her know that I'm no dealer, and that I work nearby, so if I see her entering MY store, I'll happily show her the exit before she can set two steps in my store.

Sorry you had a bad experience spitty. I don't even bother asking associates there anymore about anything..electronics, auto, hardware, they're all idiots. When the Hasbro rep was there looking at their plano's the SW section looked like a bomb went off in it, where Transformers looked perfect. I'm sure the manager got ripped a new one for how bad the SW section looked. Sad thing is, they didn't bother fixing up the SW section.

And yeah, the AT-STs are MIGRATING! I've found them everywhere in that department. She's giving you flak for all the wrong reasons, if I ever get her name, I'm sure to make multiple complaints.

Oh and by the way, the security cameras probably don't work. When someone had their purse stolen from inside the store in front of a camera, the associates told the lady "sorry, that camera's been broken for awhile," shrugged their shoulders and walked off. If she calls you on those security cameras, just tell her point blank that they don't work!

Gosh, just reading your post again makes me mad. I sort of hope I run into her. I'd love to give her an attitude adjustment. I'm getting tired of employees being jerks to customers. If they don't like the job, get the F out of there, someone else will happily take your job and you can hang out at the unemployment office...

Reaction score
The only time I look in the Walmart toy aisles is when I have to go buy household products or occassionally drop off a red box video rental.

This is the only the second time I've actually stashed something. So I wasn't quite sure where the best place to put the thing. There were plenty of dewbacks left and I thought about just putting it back with all the other ones. I just didn't want to go back here because 1) I didn't know if I would have time to come back at another date to pick it up and 2) didnt want to go thru the OCD ritual of finding one with good paint job to warrant a $30 purchase.

I thought about just hiding it behind some big item on the bottom but KNOW that I'll probably forget where I stashed it. So I picked a nice empty top shelf and just lodged it there.

you know...Walmart normally has more SW pegs and generally get more shipments of figures than Target. Target prices are also a little higher than walmart, but I have always favored buying SW toys from Target. It took me a good 4-5 months to find 14-16 ARF clones at Target (found multiples of 2-3 at one store only ONCE). Had I looked for army builders at Walmart---it would have easily taken me less time and effort...but I feel it's not worth the headache.

What gets me is that I had so much more food products than toys (1 dew back, 1 TLC stormie, 2 GI JOE Duke in Delta suits) and she referred me as a dealer. WTF. Why not say I deal in chips, or soft drinks, or detergents,

Reaction score
Anyone here looking to buy older figures? They're all carded, lots of the blue cards (AOTC, 02, 03, 04), TAC, TAC/SL, some ROTS, some Saga, some green cards (POTF/POTJ). They are all $2, $3, or $4 each.

If anyone's interested, pm me, and I can provide you with a list of figures.

Reaction score
I have actually had pretty good success at Orange Wal-Mart by going at around 11:00 p.m. The only flak I have gotten there was when they had figures labeled for $7.10 and the rang up for $7.86 (something like that). I was buying around a dozen figures so of course I backed up the check-out line...UGH!

BTW: Foothill Ranch had 30 Dewbacks as of last week.
Aliso Viejo had 20+ AT-ST's and 10+ Dewbacks...the kicker is that they are all located in the over stock area in the paint/hardware section. You see them as you enter the store through gardening. Also had Turbo Tanks stocked there as well. NOT A SINGLE one in the toy aisles!

TMP TRU had 1 set each of McQuarries as of this morning.

Reaction score
has anyone seen the krayt or vong comic packs in OC? I haven't seen even hints of it.

thanks

Reaction score
Found the Vong and Krayt packs at Target Costa Mesa yesterday. They only had one of each, but it was nice to see new product on the shelves after Christmas.

Reaction score
I haven't even bothered looking for anything lately. Now that the holiday rush has died off, I might start up again.

Reaction score
They had an end cap with a couple cases of the Ice Cream dude/Bespin Guard wave at WM Anaheim yesterday. Has anyone seen the alien Bespin Guard yet, or is that coming later?

Reaction score
You predicted right. Not much left in any WM in terms of clearance goodies. Buena Park WM is still selling them at full price right now.

Target is clearing out Wedge's X-Wing right now, $35. Big Wing TIE is starting to show up, waiting for that to go on clearance since Target doesn't like sitting on inventory. Sorta hoping the AT-ST will start dropping in price too...But WM seems to not care about sitting on inventory, they'll just cram it in the back for ages.

Reaction score
Looks like Target has finally started putting the big TIE on sale. Got it for $27 at the Anaheim store yesterday.