Area Reports #2

Reaction score
Quakertown 5 and Below had 3 Gammies, 2 wedges and a wicket. Look by the registers, they weren't in the back with the rest. There were even some punch tabs below them so you can make them unpunched :)

Reaction score
Quakertown 5 and Below had 3 Gammies, 2 wedges and a wicket. Look by the registers, they weren't in the back with the rest. There were even some punch tabs below them so you can make them unpunched :)
Thank you! I hope they are still there when I go over

Reaction score
Well merry christmas to all and to me, I lucked out in the Springfield 5 Below on Baltimore Pike and found 1 Gam Guard left! Super cool to get a VC figure for the great price of $5. Insane value considering these guys are routinely going for at least $20 on eBay.

Reaction score
Saw remnants of the "online only" final wave of Vintage at the Franklin Mills FYE. No OT characters except Lumat so I'm wondering if somebody bought the case and returned the ones they didn't want.

Reaction score
Hello all, anyone know if there any upcoming toy shows for the eastern part of the state. The Allentown Comic Con was cancelled this year and Philly had there big one but I am interested in any smaller one's where I could sell some of my stuff. Thanx!

Reaction score
Saw the new saga legends at Cedar Crest Target for 5.99 but they are all an easy pass for me. Just a heads up that new stuff is hitting.

Reaction score
Saw the new saga legends at Cedar Crest Target for 5.99 but they are all an easy pass for me. Just a heads up that new stuff is hitting.
Just went to Targets and Wally in Qtown and nothing new man. All TPM, I haven't seen a new figure in these stores in a year. It's absolutely sickening how BAD Hasbro screwed up....

Thanks for the heads up, though anything with Movie Heroes in it should go to the waste bin if you ask me. I want Vintage Collection and Vintage only.

Reaction score
Target Plymouth Meeting has BS6 R2 and Luke.
Target Abington has BS6 R2, Darth and Trooper and Rise of Vader set (4).
Comics And More Plymouth Meeting has BS 3.75

Reaction score
Target Quakertown had all 4 BS6 a few days ago.

Anyone know of any VC still on the pegs anywhere (non TPM wave)?

Reaction score
I could care less about six inch, I want the 3.75 stuff and I can't even come by that. It's unreal what little stock PA gets, are we shafted or what!? I STILL see TPM crap loading the pegs at all locations.

None at East Greenville Wal-Mart and I did stop in the Plymouth Target, only to find the same 6 inchers as mentioned above. No 3.75s. Fantastic Hasbro

Reaction score
Quakertown Walmart has had a vader and a biker scout in the pegs for awhile. Quakertown Target had some on the pegs too, can't remember which ones.

Reaction score
Quakertown Walmart has had a vader and a biker scout in the pegs for awhile. Quakertown Target had some on the pegs too, can't remember which ones.

Nice dude, thanks for the tip. I'm def. looking to get that Vader, Biggs, Ceremonial Luke and possibly one more, can't think of it now. Appreciate the insider info!

Reaction score
Quakertown KMart had a bunch of BS 3.75 figs on the shelves. Multiples of Vaders and Biker Scouts plus some others.

Reaction score
KofP WalMart had a few pegs filled with the new Angry Birds TelePODS, but nothing else new.

Reaction score
I just moved to Easton, PA and noticed that the local Walmart didn't have any star wars toys....actually it's the only Walmart that I've been to that barely has any toys. Needless to say my son was very disappointed. Looks like Target is next on the list

Reaction score
Welcome to the area, it's NOTORIOUS for lacking the Star Wars toys. I have no clue why our demographic isn't popular, especially when we have the 4th largest market in Philly. Hasbro distribution is so F'd and apparently to them we don't exist in Pennsylvania. Thank god there are great new Ninja Turtles toys to collect, I jumped ship. Couldn't even FIND the last wave of Vintage! Thanks Hasblo

Reaction score
Got to the Harleysville Wal-Mart today, wait for it..........4 color change lightsabers. ANNNNNDDDDD that's all folks! Un-freaking-real...

Reaction score
I just moved to Easton, PA and noticed that the local Walmart didn't have any star wars toys....actually it's the only Walmart that I've been to that barely has any toys. Needless to say my son was very disappointed. Looks like Target is next on the list
Welcome. As Sabersonic said I've been a Star Wars collector for years and the lack of figures the last 2 years has pretty much killed the hobby for me. If you are looking for more places to go there is a TRU in Whitehall off of 22, take the Fullerton exit to Grape street. I'm getting tired of seeing this Black series 1 already clogging the shelves everywhere already along with the same 6" set. Bring on series 2.

Reaction score
Welcome. As Sabersonic said I've been a Star Wars collector for years and the lack of figures the last 2 years has pretty much killed the hobby for me. If you are looking for more places to go there is a TRU in Whitehall off of 22, take the Fullerton exit to Grape street. I'm getting tired of seeing this Black series 1 already clogging the shelves everywhere already along with the same 6" set. Bring on series 2.

This current period of time is reminiscent to me of the post-ROTJ ennui that enveloped collecting SW figs... I am taking this time to fill in gaps in my collection...hopefully you don't completely lose interest because once 2015 rolls around there is going to be plenty of new SW stuff to collect.

Reaction score
Quakertown Walmart isn't too bad in comparison. Lots of 3 3/4" BS, saga legends, 36" Vaders and some 12" figures.
Thank you Uriarte69, I found the BS FINALLY at that Wally, ended up getting the last Vader and a Biggs. Only one Biggs left, no Lukes at all unfortunately and ton of Biker Scouts. That to me was such a wasted figure, did the Biker Scout really need a redo? It's stupid to me, wasted spot that a deserving character should get.

Definitely bummed as well that Biggs wasn't on a Vintage Card for the first time, instead he's relegated to the yawn worthy Black Series packaging. I really hope that Vintage comes back before 2015, because although there will be a lot of new figures of course from the movies, I think Hasbro needs to finish up on the missing parts of their Vintage Collection and get that all fixed before moving on to the new stuff. Obviously they should slip some OT stuff in here and there with the new, but it won't be that popular in that moment of time.

I don't know about you guys, but I still have yet to see a red Bandana Barada which really pisses me off, especially since Hasbro sent me a dud when I ordered directly from them. They also have no Emperor's Guards online ever, which is the one figure I really need. I have not even sniffed the last wave of Vintage that came through. The best I got on the pegs were Deleted Scenes and a Hoth Luke. That was the BEST I got. It's pathetic.

Still, super glad to actually get new figures for the first time in probably a year.

Reaction score
Stopped into Target Plymouth Meeting today.... here is what is on their shelves:
- a full set of 6" BS, plus another Luke and Trooper.
- two full sets of 3.75" BS.
- three Rise Of Vader sets
- a bunch of the new TelePods
- two 12" Anakin/Vader
- a few VC cards

Reaction score
This current period of time is reminiscent to me of the post-ROTJ ennui that enveloped collecting SW figs... I am taking this time to fill in gaps in my collection...hopefully you don't completely lose interest because once 2015 rolls around there is going to be plenty of new SW stuff to collect.
Oh trust me...I will be at TRU if they have a midnight opening for the figures. The only question is will I have any money for them and what to tell the wife why I am going out late at night. If I told her for more toys I will be sleeping in the car. I was at midnight openings for EP1 and 3 figs and really miss that experience.

Reaction score
Stopped into Target Plymouth Meeting today.... here is what is on their shelves:
- a full set of 6" BS, plus another Luke and Trooper.
- two full sets of 3.75" BS.
- three Rise Of Vader sets
- a bunch of the new TelePods
- two 12" Anakin/Vader
- a few VC cards
This is the bull**** I'm talking about. We must have scummers amongst us because I went to check this Target literally 3 days later and the only thing left of the 3.75 was 2 Anikans. And there were 2 full sets! How do 2 full sets of figs disappear in a matter of 2.5 days?! I went on the 28th thinking I'd be set, boy was I wrong. This is killing my collecting buzz after finally finding some Black Series in Quakertown. Any luck elsewhere?

Just saw Series 2 is already in Australia and I still haven't found all of Series 1!

Reaction score
Hey all, just called around to some local K-Marts and found the Ewok sets at both the Tilghman Store and the MacArther Rd. Whitehall store.

I put the Ewok set on hold at the Tilghman, but someone can just say you're Ian if you want to buy it at the service desk. I ended up going to the Whitehall location because they are STOCKED with the K-Mart sets. As far as I could tell, there were 4 of each Imperial Scanning Crew sets and 2 more Ewok sets. It was extremely pleasing and surprised to see that much stock. I loved knowing I was leaving some for someone else. I had a moment of weakness where I wanted to buy 2 more and sell them for a premium on eBay, but I don't want to kill anyone's hunt, so they are still there! I bought one Ewok pack and the the Stormtrooper Scanning Crew pack, totally pumped that I FINALLY have the top piece to the blue rolling case and the complimentary engineer. The stormtrooper looks freaking amazing, it's the best one I've ever seen. The addition of the commlink and how it can be attached to the trooper's best is such a sweet bonus, plus the tri-folding blaster rifle is amazing. The Stormtrooper looks like a model, the poses can be made to look so casual and real, or very dramatic.

Anyhow, happy hunting.

Reaction score
Hey all, just called around to some local K-Marts and found the Ewok sets at both the Tilghman Store and the MacArther Rd. Whitehall store.

I put the Ewok set on hold at the Tilghman, but someone can just say you're Ian if you want to buy it at the service desk. I ended up going to the Whitehall location because they are STOCKED with the K-Mart sets. As far as I could tell, there were 4 of each Imperial Scanning Crew sets and 2 more Ewok sets. It was extremely pleasing and surprised to see that much stock. I loved knowing I was leaving some for someone else. I had a moment of weakness where I wanted to buy 2 more and sell them for a premium on eBay, but I don't want to kill anyone's hunt, so they are still there! I bought one Ewok pack and the the Stormtrooper Scanning Crew pack, totally pumped that I FINALLY have the top piece to the blue rolling case and the complimentary engineer. The stormtrooper looks freaking amazing, it's the best one I've ever seen. The addition of the commlink and how it can be attached to the trooper's best is such a sweet bonus, plus the tri-folding blaster rifle is amazing. The Stormtrooper looks like a model, the poses can be made to look so casual and real, or very dramatic.

Anyhow, happy hunting.
They're selling for 27-30 on eBay. After fees, you'd only new about $3 anyway. I keep meaning to check the Qtown Kmart for these. By the way, Qtown Target is loaded with BS 6". Multiples of everyone - except only one Maul.

Reaction score
They're selling for 27-30 on eBay. After fees, you'd only new about $3 anyway. I keep meaning to check the Qtown Kmart for these. By the way, Qtown Target is loaded with BS 6". Multiples of everyone - except only one Maul.

Yep, I check the Qtown one the most because it's not far out of the way on my commute home from work. However, I checked there just recently and all I saw were 3 6 inch figures in Luke, Darth Maul and R2. Honestly, the 6 inchers haven't been hard to find at all for me. They are everywhere, it's the "good stuff" that is missing IMO. The 3.75 is either not even in stock, or just Padme's and crappy Anikan's. I will praise the day I don't have to stare at that stupid face on a toy shelf. I can't wait for the new movies to completely phase out the prequels. Black Series WAVE 2 should be pretty cool.

I picked up a really cheap Slave I on Amazon because it was delivered busted up in the box so I got 50% off it after a persuading phone call. Ended up costing me like $33 with free shipping.

Has anyone gotten the Biggs X-Wing from TRU at all? I'm curious to see how that panned out.

Reaction score
East Norriton Wal-Mart - NOTHING (just Star Wars LEGO sets)
Plymouth Meeting Target:
2 3.75" BS Anakin
4 6" BS Lukes
4 6" BS Troopers
2 Rise of Vader sets
various SWAB TelePod sets

Reaction score
East Norriton Wal-Mart - NOTHING (just Star Wars LEGO sets)
Plymouth Meeting Target:
2 3.75" BS Anakin
4 6" BS Lukes
4 6" BS Troopers
2 Rise of Vader sets
various SWAB TelePod sets
I'm already so sick of 6 inch. Star Wars was NEVER a 6 inch line, so I really don't know why they are trying to go He-Man Classics on us. I absolutely hate seeing a store's stock and having to see those enormous figs staring me in the face along with the cheesiest battle droids I've ever seen. Who cares about the prequels anymore, no one is buying those god awful figures. And what is normally left from the BS 3.75? The worst character of all time, Anikan, at least 2-3 deep with no one so much as sniffing at him on the pegs. This is a dark time.....

On the BRIGHT side however, I'm super happy with the Vintage-y goodness of the Kmart packs, so impressed. It's literally the coolest Star Wars related thing I've bought in probably 2 years next to the new Slave I.

I don't know about you guys, but do any of you collect anything but Vintage? That's all I really care about, that, and OT figs and ships.

Reaction score
Finally found a BS Luke, was at the Plymouth Meeting Target. Only thing left now are Biker Scouts, Vaders, Clone Pilot, Padme, Biggs and tons of Anikan (of course). So basically ALL the figures minus Luke.

Reaction score
Anyone see any of the kmart exclusives on the shelves? I keep checking the Qtown one. I don't trust their stock status on the website.

Reaction score
Anyone see any of the kmart exclusives on the shelves? I keep checking the Qtown one. I don't trust their stock status on the website.
Yes! I thought I posted on here ASAP, check back a page, but I found ALL of them on the MacArthur Rd. one in Whitehall. My advice is to call ahead, they will check and put them on hold for you.

Reaction score
Thanks. Decided to stop by The QTown Kmart again today, even though I was just there on Saturday night and there wasn't even a tag for them. The toy section looked freshly stocked. Found the tag this time with no sets so I walked away.

I got about half way to the door and turned back for some reason. Decided to check around a little better. There they were, 2 sets hidden behind some Darth Maul masks that were on clearance. Bought both sets, one for me and one for my step daughter's birthday. Wonder who's devious plan I ruined??

Side note - they had about 3 BS Vaders among some other BS 3.75. 1 BS6 R2D2

Reaction score
Thanks. Decided to stop by The QTown Kmart again today, even though I was just there on Saturday night and there wasn't even a tag for them. The toy section looked freshly stocked. Found the tag this time with no sets so I walked away.

I got about half way to the door and turned back for some reason. Decided to check around a little better. There they were, 2 sets hidden behind some Darth Maul masks that were on clearance. Bought both sets, one for me and one for my step daughter's birthday. Wonder who's devious plan I ruined??

Side note - they had about 3 BS Vaders among some other BS 3.75. 1 BS6 R2D2
....one of the stock-room crew, perhaps?

...there's nothing I like more than finding something (Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Pixar CARS, SW Figs) stashed away behind things and putting them at the front of their pegs....
my theory is that it's the overnight crew hiding them so they can purchase them the next night when they show up for work and the registers are still open.
(why else would a $1 Hot Wheel card be stuffed behind the Monster Truck boxes that aren't even underneath the pegs for the cards - there's no way that they just fell there)

Reaction score

...there's nothing I like more than finding something (Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Pixar CARS, SW Figs) stashed away behind things and putting them at the front of their pegs....
my theory is that it's the overnight crew hiding them so they can purchase them the next night when they show up for work and the registers are still open.
(why else would a $1 Hot Wheel card be stuffed behind the Monster Truck boxes that aren't even underneath the pegs for the cards - there's no way that they just fell there)
I still remember back in the POTF days when I snagged a white Leia who was worth about $40 at the time because of her rarity and found her behind some NERF guns at a Wal-Mart. I'll never forget that collecting find. I'm sure someone had stashed her there for later. I was so pumped, I wonder how much she goes for now haha. I still have the original packaging that she came in and keep her in there, but she still looks like a man and the bubble has been pulled off carefully so I could actually enjoy the figure for a time.

Reaction score

Slightly off topic, but the Qtown Kmart is hosting a Hot Wheels Collectors event on Saturday, Nov 2 at 9am. I don't know anything about HW or what goes on at the events, but maybe it will interest somebody.