Area Reports #2

Reaction score
I hate these long droughts of not finding new Star Wars but also anything else I collect. I have only found 2 out of the 5 deleted scene figs and that was at Quakertown Wal-Mart almost a month ago. Hasbro really dropped the ball again on the Phantom Menace wave. I hope these next couple of waves are as abundant as the last wave. Wait thats right stores won't have any room on the pegs for newer stuff because of TPM!
That's cool you found at least 2 of the Sandstorm figs. That's 2 more than I've ever seen in the wild bro! Crazy freakin' distribution, I thought all this was fixed? Unbelievable. Cheers to finding a few, the Qtown Wally is the ONLY one I didn't check around here, figures!

Reaction score
Checked Qtown Wally today, absolutely nothing but Phantom Menace. No kid or collector wants to buy these, they may be great sculpts and figures, but the movie is so terrible it really brings their value down. I wish Hasbro would realize this.

Reaction score
Been hearing that the Malgus wave has been hitting Target so of course I check both Q-Town and Cedar Crest and to my surprise, NOTHING! Also checked Q-Town and Trexlertown Wal-Marts and also nothing new. Somethings gotta give soon. Those retail shelves have been looking pathetic since Feb.

Reaction score
Been hearing that the Malgus wave has been hitting Target so of course I check both Q-Town and Cedar Crest and to my surprise, NOTHING! Also checked Q-Town and Trexlertown Wal-Marts and also nothing new. Somethings gotta give soon. Those retail shelves have been looking pathetic since Feb.
It's unreal, I've seen ZERO sandstorm figures it's as if that wave was totally forgotten about all together and now I can't find the Malgus wave either. The only person I know to have found Sandstorm figs was you! It's not as if we live in some remote area either, Allentown is the 3rd largest city in PA and the other stores are a jump outside Philly. I really don't get it. And of course when the figs actually go on SALE we can't find them!

Reaction score
I live near the Exton area but travel all over looking for these figures and always nothing. It is so depressing anymore. Target and Wal-mart never have anything. I really hate this area for figures. I walk into a store and I all ready know what I am going to find, nothing or 20 of the same figure. So frustrating.

Reaction score
I live near the Exton area but travel all over looking for these figures and always nothing. It is so depressing anymore. Target and Wal-mart never have anything. I really hate this area for figures. I walk into a store and I all ready know what I am going to find, nothing or 20 of the same figure. So frustrating.
It's unreal bro, I really thought last year was bad, this is way worse. I can't even SEE these figures, let alone find ANY remnants. I actually just got fed up when I saw your post and CHATTED and called Hasbro to report my concerns to the team.

Reaction score
Well when I saw the two new posts I thought, finally, someone has had some luck but to my surprise Pa is still in a drought. I just don't know if its Hasbro or the 3 main retail chains(TRU, Target and Wal-Mart)not ordering this stuff or it could be both. Its not just Star Wars it seems whatever Hasbro owns weather its MU, Marvel Legends, Avengers line and G. I. Joe are just not be restocked. The only thing Hasbro is keeping up with is Transformers Prime. Mattel has been just as bad this year with there distribution with WWE. Stores get in 1 case of the newest wave of WWE, the popular figures which for some reason are only packed 1 per case in that wave get bought right away and then stores never see the wave again. I can only really do a toy hunt 1 day outta the week and that is on a Monday or mostly Tuesday due to work and refuse to buy online with there prices.

Reaction score
It's unreal bro, I really thought last year was bad, this is way worse. I can't even SEE these figures, let alone find ANY remnants. I actually just got fed up when I saw your post and CHATTED and called Hasbro to report my concerns to the team.

LOL what did they say???? Wait let me guess they tried to blame the stores for not putting them on the shelf. What a joke. They are really killing the hobby of collecting any new star wars items for me. I am really getting sick and tired of going into a store and seeing the same crap all the time.

-CaptainC I feel your pain, I was forced to buy a case of action figures online just because I fear I wont get them, It wasn't to bad, and the only reason I did it was because I wanted most of the figures that were being sold in the case and when you broke it down it was $10 a figure and thats what Toys r us charges anyways.

Do you guys know if its only us in the philly area? What about Jersey or maybe Ill have to go to Maryland.

Addiction is a hell of a thing.;)

Reaction score
Shoot, no disrespect...but dont consider MD...we're suffering a drought of pegwarmers worst than last year. I saw the deleted scene wave once...and haven't seen anything new at retail since. {sigh}

Reaction score
Point farthest from the bright spot at the center
I can tell you that there's nothing in South Jersey either. :'( We haven't seen anything new since the TPM wave in January. I found the Deleted Scene wave at a Walmart in Philly but it never showed up over here. I come to this thread in hopes of finding anything on your side of the border. I guess it's just as bad there as SJ.

Reaction score
I can tell you that there's nothing in South Jersey either. :'( We haven't seen anything new since the TPM wave in January. I found the Deleted Scene wave at a Walmart in Philly but it never showed up over here. I come to this thread in hopes of finding anything on your side of the border. I guess it's just as bad there as SJ.

Man that blows guys, I hate hearing that other surrounding states are even having terrible stock of figures.

However, it's good to see some fresh blood on the Area Report board! As for what Hasbro said, they didn't blame it on any stores per say and they acknowledged that it was a problem and that it would be taken to the team who handles these types of issues. The lady who took notes seemed very sympathetic and understanding of my cause, so I'm hoping at the very least they'll see that a fan took the time to actually "call" them about distribution so maybe they need to take a closer look at it. I've never made a customer service phone call like that in my life, and I really can't imagine they've been flooded with calls for this because most complaints never leave these boards. I just figured someone's gotta do it! Hopefully that will influence some kind of change in their awareness level.

Reaction score
Well I finally found something new! Don't hold your breath it was just the new movie heroes line at Q-Town Wal-Mart this morning and the only one I wanted, Padme, was gone. Oh well, I still have that same figure from the episode I line. I was tempted to buy Jar Jar and Anakin but passed. Jar Jar doesn't look too bad in person but the rest of the wave is subpar.

Reaction score
Well I finally found something new! Don't hold your breath it was just the new movie heroes line at Q-Town Wal-Mart this morning and the only one I wanted, Padme, was gone. Oh well, I still have that same figure from the episode I line. I was tempted to buy Jar Jar and Anakin but passed. Jar Jar doesn't look too bad in person but the rest of the wave is subpar.

Good to know, thanks Capi-TAN

Reaction score
Man that blows guys, I hate hearing that other surrounding states are even having terrible stock of figures.

However, it's good to see some fresh blood on the Area Report board! As for what Hasbro said, they didn't blame it on any stores per say and they acknowledged that it was a problem and that it would be taken to the team who handles these types of issues. The lady who took notes seemed very sympathetic and understanding of my cause, so I'm hoping at the very least they'll see that a fan took the time to actually "call" them about distribution so maybe they need to take a closer look at it. I've never made a customer service phone call like that in my life, and I really can't imagine they've been flooded with calls for this because most complaints never leave these boards. I just figured someone's gotta do it! Hopefully that will influence some kind of change in their awareness level.

Just wondering if you have the info you used to call Hasbro? You are right, the complains should leave the board and maybe they will see that we do care and change. But I really wont hold my breath. Maybe we can have them for Christmas. ;)

Reaction score
Just wondering if you have the info you used to call Hasbro? You are right, the complains should leave the board and maybe they will see that we do care and change. But I really wont hold my breath. Maybe we can have them for Christmas. ;)

Sure man, here's the link to all the stuff I used (CHAT and phone service)

CONTACT HASBRO

Also, I found 2 Yavin Tech and Cart packs in the Whitehall TRU near Allentown. In case anyone needs them, they have been marked down to $15.99. I left them on the racks since I already have one.

Reaction score
Well some good news to report, my buddy found the Nom Anor wave at Hilltown Wal-Mart over the weekend so 1 new wave has hit Pa. I checked both Trexlertown and Quakertown this morning and still nothing. Keep your eyes open.

Reaction score
Well some good news to report, my buddy found the Nom Anor wave at Hilltown Wal-Mart over the weekend so 1 new wave has hit Pa. I checked both Trexlertown and Quakertown this morning and still nothing. Keep your eyes open.

Nice what other OT figs does that wave include, Evazan???

Reaction score
"Throwing my hands up" I give up with retail! This is the worst I've seen it in 20 years I've been collecting. I know, I know, be patient, but this is just getting frustrating. Anyone having any luck but hasn't posted it?

Reaction score
"Throwing my hands up" I give up with retail! This is the worst I've seen it in 20 years I've been collecting. I know, I know, be patient, but this is just getting frustrating. Anyone having any luck but hasn't posted it?

Capitan, I got nothin' man! I literally have been searching the Wal-Mart's and Target's of Springfield DELCO where my lady lives and NOTHING! I have never seen such despicable product. It's unreal how Hasbro expects to make ANY money of Star Wars. Are they sabotaging the VC?! I've gotten so down I bought a Mattel Batman from the Dark Knight Rises and man does that figure stink. NO articulation and the grappling hook doesn't even come out of the gun. No action features, hell, not even other figures listed on the back. It's the most generic stink I've seen for a figure of today's day and age. The role play stuff on the other hand is quite cool, utility belts, batarangs with masks, I had to get one! Still waiting on the Grapnel Tri-Blaster. Looking for new Thundercats stuff too, but all I really want are the awesome Panthro nunchucks which haven't been released yet.

There is only one explanation I'm holding hope for: that all the Deleted Scenes Figs and other waves are being stockpiled in the warehouses waiting to be released. I've seen TPM dwindled down to the battle droids and STILL NO NEW FIGURES ARE PUT OUT!

I refuse to buy from TRU unless it's an exclusive and online is just too easy and too expensive. The hunt is over for me though, I'll just buy a figure when I see one now. Hopefully someone else has had some luck.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Same situation with me. Nothing, even worst than nothing the shelves are stockpiled with other toys but the star wars section is always the same. It seems like every other toy section is filled but the star wars are staying the same, empty. In some of the stores the shelves are full but nothing new. This one walmart I walked into had like ten of the same figures.

Its really starting to stink for me because I have noticed that I dont even want to go and look anymore. Before I couldn't drive by a target/toysrus/walmart without going in, but now i just drive right by. :rolleyes:

Time will tell but when the figures hit the stores we'll all miss out because we are just to feed up with the disappointment.

Not good.

Reaction score
OK so East Greenville Wal-Mart had a Light-Up Movie Heroes Vader and Obi-Wan, actually pretty cool figs, but I left em on the pegs.

Also, Q-town had Qui-Gon light up and Obi-Wan as well.

Absolutely nothing else to speak of, I can't believe we still have yet to see any Deleted Scenes figures surface. They have to be rotting back in a store room somewhere, either that, or we're never ever getting them, which would REALLY **** me off.

Anyways, probably nothing new here, but I thought it worth mentioning to anyone into those particular figs.

Is the Dark Knight Rises here yet!?

Reaction score
YES! YES! YES! Finally, Star Wars, has come back toooo Pennsylvania! Thats right, check your K-Marts! I found 5 new figures this morning at the K-Mart on Tilghman, outside of Allentown. I grabbed Nikto, Odd Ball(Clone Pilot), Wedge Antilles(I know not new but never found him the 1st time out), Luke in Hoth Outfit and the new Darth Vader. Well its a start. Not the figures I was hoping to find the 1st time around but nevertheless its good to see new stuff other then TPM garbage.

Hey Saber, I'm right there with ya for TDKR. I'll be there opening night at the Rave in Center Valley. 1 more week, can't wait!

Last edited:
Reaction score
YES! YES! YES! Finally, Star Wars, has come back toooo Pennsylvania! Thats right, check your K-Marts! I found 5 new figures this morning at the K-Mart on Tilghman, outside of Allentown. I grabbed Nikto, Odd Ball(Clone Pilot), Wedge Antilles(I know not new but never found him the 1st time out), Luke in Hoth Outfit and the new Darth Vader. Well its a start. Not the figures I was hoping to find the 1st time around but nevertheless its good to see new stuff other then TPM garbage.

Hey Saber, I'm right there with ya for TDKR. I'll be there opening night at the Rave in Center Valley. 1 more week, can't wait!
Wow K-Mart huh? I'll have to swing by my local one, I hope I make out like you did. Also, I'll be attending that opening night, hopefully in IMAX if it's not sold out, RAVE is the bomb for movies.

Reaction score
Wow K-Mart huh? I'll have to swing by my local one, I hope I make out like you did. Also, I'll be attending that opening night, hopefully in IMAX if it's not sold out, RAVE is the bomb for movies.
Yes sir, K-Mart. I was just as shocked to find anything new espically Star Wars at K-Mart. I hear all these reports from other states about finding new stuff at Target and Wal-Mart but never K-Mart. Anyways, I hit a few stores this morning hoping to continue my luck but to no avail. I did check Q-Town K-Mart but nothing new and I think we should just boycott Q-Town Target. That store has got to be the worst in the state for anything new along with East Greenville Wal-Mart. Just pathetic! I think you may have better luck seeing Batman in imax during the week next week. I think every show in imax this weekend will be sold out. I'm going friday nite then on my day off next week seeing it in imax.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes sir, K-Mart. I was just as shocked to find anything new espically Star Wars at K-Mart. I hear all these reports from other states about finding new stuff at Target and Wal-Mart but never K-Mart. Anyways, I hit a few stores this morning hoping to continue my luck but to no avail. I did check Q-Town K-Mart but nothing new and I think we should just boycott Q-Town Target. That store has got to be the worst in the state for anything new along with East Greenville Wal-Mart. Just pathetic! I think you may have better luck seeing Batman in imax during the week next week. I think every show in imax this weekend will be sold out. I'm going friday nite then on my day off next week seeing it in imax.
Right on, I appreciate the updates on both those Wal-Marts and the Qtown Target, I now live in Qtown for the time being and I am constantly stifled that there are no new figures on the pegs. It's absolutely unreal. Unfortunately, Qtown KMart is the same thing, I found remnants of the AOTC wave! Nothing new there at all except all the new Batman stuff. B-Wing was still there for $29. Since January, things have been absolute ****.

Reaction score
So I found General Cracken in the Harleysville Wal-Mart, but you should have seen what someone did to the Vintage figs there. Every single one of them was smashed in or crushed by a hand. Even the 2 Cracken's I saw, which really pissed me off since I was actually going to buy one. I took it to the customer service lady, and she said she could give me a dollar off - ___ - so that was a fiasco, but she also told me that usually they are allowed to send those back to the manufacturer for a refund. Maybe this criminal was actually trying to force them to get rid of the god forsaken Phantom Menace figures and get new stock in. I guess in some ways I agree with what he did, but come on, why did he have to destroy the only 2 Deleted Scenes figures that were there!? That was literally the first NEW figure I've seen on the racks from the VC since January I think. Absolutely atrocious work on behalf of Hasbro.

Reaction score
Found a HOTH Luke down at the Plymouth Meeting Target by the Guitar Center and Old Navy. There was one more left, then nothing but TPM, go figure. First fresh find at a Target in probably 7-8 months I think.

Reaction score
Has anyone checked any local K-marts? I hear they are pretty good with new figures. I am mad at you Saber because your find is going to make me go look tomorrow :grin:. I have given up looking because of always being disappointed. Now I am going to start again. Maybe with the Christmas decorations being set out they could bring some new star wars figures. B) probably wishful thinking but who knows.

Reaction score
Keep the faith fellows. I made a rare Saturday stop at East Greenville Wal-Mart and found 4 outta the 6 lost wave figures today. They were unpunched also which makes it better if your a MOC collector. Only ones missing were Vader and a Clone Trooper. Its been awhile since I made a post here just because I'm dealing with fatherhood again and sleepless nights. Hope all is well with you Saber.

Reaction score
No way! That's right by me, I gave up on that place months ago. I can't believe you actually found some there, any leftovers?

Reaction score
Fatherhood too, C?! I missed that part last time, congrats! Kids are great, just happened upon some new figs in SOME form today at K-Mart in Q-town. They have the Vintage 2-packs of the Ewoks who take over the AT-ST in Jedi and also the AT-ST drivers, who are modeled after director Richard Marquand and I think Joe Johnston? Those guys cameo'd in that role. Anyhow, new Star Wars, but still ONLY Phantom Menace wave everywhere, I even went so far as to actually ask clerks at all 3 stores to check backstock and nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm convinced some little b ! T CH (pardon my French) sits on the shipments, scums them, and resells on eBay. If you're on here, thanks a lot pal for saving some for the rest of us! SCUM is right...

Reaction score
Hey SS, yep, fatherhood again which has prevented from going out hunting the last 2 months so I broke down and ordered some new figs on Hasbro Toy Shop. I still check out Trexlertown and East Greenville Wal-mart from time to time and nothing. What are your feelings on the next trilogy? I didn't find this out until a couple of days after it was announced due to lack of power. I'm exciting for 3 new movies!

Reaction score
Haha I just read your "Rear Admiral" quote, that's classic man! I am psyched for the continuation, but I think they need to tread very carefully. My thoughts are along the lines that a very solid director is needed, they need to return to the "dirty" universe rather than the polished CGI. I'm hoping they leave the CGI out of it as much as possible and focus on the characters. In my opinion, Luke absolutely has to be in it, including Leia, Chewie and Han if possible. Droids would be a nice cameo, but aren't really vital. I'm hoping they stick with the original story treatments that Lucas had written many years ago for 7, 8 and 9. More Star Wars is great! I'm just nervous it will be prequel city all over again. The acting has to be good as well as the script. Too bad Kirshner isn't alive, he'd be perfect!

Just checked Q-town Wal-Mart and Target, nothing as usual. Wally did have the new limited articulation sets for Bespin and TPM. Heads looked cool, but I feel those figures are really taking a step back in design. It's like Power of the Force all over again without the muscles! So I passed. I think I might break down as well man, who knows. I need the rest of the Deleted Scenes figs! But as always, keep me posted and I'll do the same. Cheers man!

Reaction score
Just got home from the Doylestown K-Mart, looks like they just put out a case or 2 of ewok scouts and at-st crew 2 packs. Also looked like a fresh case of movie heroes wave 3. Picked up 2 ewok sets, 1 light up vader and one r2. Still a light up vader and plenty of 2 packs left.

Reaction score
It's official, I caved and used the $10 off and free shipping at Hasbro Toy Shop to get 6 figures I was missing. I hate stooping so low. What absolute ***** I tell you! Hasbro has single-handedly KILLED the hunt....

Reaction score
It's official, I caved and used the $10 off and free shipping at Hasbro Toy Shop to get 6 figures I was missing. I hate stooping so low. What absolute ***** I tell you! Hasbro has single-handedly KILLED the hunt....
I hear ya buddy. I did the same about a month ago and it sucks. I keep checking Hasbro Toy Shop every other day to see if the 5 I still need will ever be available. I checked a few Targets today with there buy one get 50% off the second sale and a couple stores restocked TPM wave. Unreal.

Reaction score
Seriously!? The madness continues, but Happy Thanksgiving everybody, maybe we can all catch some Black Friday restocks or something.

Reaction score
Wedge was hanging out in the 5 Below in Qtown, already got him on HTS unfortunately. Would have loved the $5 price tag, sheesh. Remnants of AOTC wave and ROTJ wave were there, lots of Rebel Soldiers.

Reaction score
If your looking for SW Year to Year and TOR Encylopedia books. Go to Sam's Club.
-----------------------
"He's no good to me dead.":ninja:

Reaction score
If your looking for SW Year to Year and TOR Encylopedia books. Go to Sam's Club.
-----------------------
"He's no good to me dead.":ninja:
Thanks for the tip bro, keep us posted on anything else you see and we'll do the same.

So far, 5 Below's I've checked only have AOTC wave and ROTJ, but no Gam Guards.