AREA REPORTS #12: LONG ISLAND

Reaction score
atreyu2112 said:
Fouth World Comics had Clone Wars Wave 4 last night. I picked all of them up (to save time/energy, plus Glenn is a cool dude). They did not get them from a local collector either, they got them from Daimond. The case has an orange sticker on it that says "produced after 11/2008".
Wait, you mean 4th World actually ordered something???!!! I cannot count how many times I have seen those guys in toy aisles scooping up carts of toys to mark up & sell in the store. I wish I had a camera for the 1st morning of the RotS toys. One of them (gray hair, ponytail) was in Target with me trying to cherry-pick the red Royal guard & any other figure thought to be "rare," then I heard him trying to talk the clerks into giving him extra of the lava reflection fig from that day. I've disliked those guys for years - they are just highly organized scalpers.

Rant over. Praise Jeebus & pass the Duff.

Reaction score
I agree that they are extremely expensive, but they are nice people and are always willing to help you out. They're prices should be a little less drastic.

Reaction score
I think Fourth World has MUCH better prices than Amok Time. Yeah, they can be expensive here and there, but they have also cut me quite a few great deals over the years. And, hey, some figures have been hard to find when I don't have the time to trek around everywhere everyday. So I can justify the increased price for my time & energy. Now I don't have to worry about this wave at all, so no extra trips and hassles for me. And the online e-tailers prices are most times no better, especially when you factor in shipping.

As far as raping the aisles for new/more figures... we're ALL guilty of it when we find what we're looking for. Yeah, it sucks when a scalper grabs like 12 of the same figure and leaves none for anyone else. But that's not Fourth World & calling them out by name is just wrong, especially when they're friends of some fellow scummers here and have not way to respond to those comments. It's part of the hunt, and it's how some people make a living. Get to the store or run to the aisle quicker... enough said.

PS - Ritter, I got the Monistary BP, but thanks for the heads up! Good to see you the other day, sorry I couldn't chat.

Reaction score
Hey atreyu, no offense intended. But to be honest, your comments were the 1st time I have ever heard anyone compliment 4th World. And yes, I have had bad experiences with them in the past. And - not to create an arguement, just a statement of fact - I have personally seen them "grab like 12 of the same figure and leave none for anyone else, " to use your words.

And sometimes the reason that certain figures are hard to find is that people grab them all where they find them then try to jack up the prices to offset the fact that they originally bought them at retail by claiming they are "rare." Back in the day, when I was trying to track down the PotF2 figs, it would set me off when I stopped in 4th World and saw the figs I was searching for hanging on the pegs at twice the retail price and with the orange TRU stickers still on them! Yes, I am serious - that happened several times.

But as far as not liking them - it is my opinion, and I gave my reasons for it to back it up. You and anyone else is completely free to disagree with me, even be upset with me. You could even try to change my mind, though I admit I am a very stubborn person. But it still my opinion. Apologies if I upset or offended you or anyone else here.

And remember - an opinion that is not voiced is not an opinion, it is a thought. It becomes opinion when it is shared.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Setauket Target clearance update

Sarlacc and Clone Wars UBPs, $53
Yoda and OB1 Clone BPs $15
Falcon $98

Adam, they had a shirtless Maul but someone else grabbed before I could. Sorry.

Mike

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips before Mike. After I left I went and picked up the Sarlaac Pit for $54.99. Couldn't complain there!

If anyone is interested, Fourth World Comics has every single new comic pack, but all are priced at $20 so I passed. They also have a few remnants of CW Wave 4, after Atreyu cleared them out.
Didn't pick them up either because the prices are too high.

Thanks again for my Droids Mike!

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
Thanks for the tips before Mike. After I left I went and picked up the Sarlaac Pit for $54.99. Couldn't complain there!

If anyone is interested, Fourth World Comics has every single new comic pack, but all are priced at $20 so I passed. They also have a few remnants of CW Wave 4, after Atreyu cleared them out.
Didn't pick them up either because the prices are too high.

Thanks again for my Droids Mike!
stashed another gi joe bp today!

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
But as far as not liking them - it is my opinion, and I gave my reasons for it to back it up. You and anyone else is completely free to disagree with me, even be upset with me. You could even try to change my mind, though I admit I am a very stubborn person. But it still my opinion. Apologies if I upset or offended you or anyone else here.
Hey - it's all good. I feel the same way about some stores, like Commack Target North (because the manager is an [censored]) I was just in a rant mood. You didn't upset me, no apology needed. Just backin my buds...

I went EVERYWHERE yesterday and found NOTHING.

Wait... TRU in Holbrook had the Ultimate 1/4 scale Darth Maul, for $79.99 - man thats one big fugure!

Ug. Thanks Mike, I know you'd find one before me, too bad it was a second too late. I am still on the hunt for him...

Reaction score
hansloroll said:
FlorenceBeach said:
heres a look at my unfinished toy room/garage:

Off to a good start. Looks like a smaller version of my garage.
its only a 1 and half car unattached garage. the thing was full of termites when I moved in and I hade to gut out half the garage and start from scratch. new subfloors, electricity, insulation, sheet rock. it was a nightmare. the picture is smaller than it actually is.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
hansloroll said:
FlorenceBeach said:

its only a 1 and half car unattached garage. the thing was full of termites when I moved in and I hade to gut out half the garage and start from scratch. new subfloors, electricity, insulation, sheet rock. it was a nightmare. the picture is smaller than it actually is.
I hope the picture is smaller than it actually is......a 5 inch by 5 inch garage would be wayyy to small for all your toys

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I hope the picture is smaller than it actually is......a 5 inch by 5 inch garage would be wayyy to small for all your toys

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
FlorenceBeach said:
hansloroll said:
FlorenceBeach said:

i need more room for my video games!

Reaction score
what really is gonna kill me is when I have to open some of the packages to display them.
I havent taken out a single star wars toy since 1995!

Reaction score
Went to Medford target today and found nothing, but they did have the Ultimate Battlepacks and I did stash away the shirtless Maul for Atreyu!

Reaction score
Went to Bayshore Target today. Nothing new, but they did reset their aisles, so maybe the new stuff will start coming in.

Reaction score
Walmart-Middle Island had nothing
Walmart-setauket had nothing
Walmart Centereach had nothing
Target Setauket had nothing
Toys r Us Holbrook had nothing
K-Mart in Sayville had nothing

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Went for dinner with the family, stopped at the CI Target hoping for some good clearance, Nothing except I picked up a Bristle Dart board for $12, 75% off. Not bad for the future game room. Hopefully the drought will end soon.

Mike