AREA REPORTS #11: LONG ISLAND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Last weekend TRU and Target the price of SW figs was 6.99. Today in TRU they rang up for 7.99! What gives?

Reaction score
TRU Bayshore has the new Comic packs. I picked up the Durge set. At least 2-3 left of all the sets

Reaction score
Long-time lurker on these boards. Living in Farmingville right now. I could not make the MMs because my wife had surgery that afternoon. The following Monday I went store-hopping & found virtually everything I was looking for. I am missing 3 carded figs - Ewok, Bane Malar, & Sandstorm Luke. I've been searching my area for a week - anybody seen them recently, because I have yet to see even one! Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
A friend just called me from VS Walmart. They have they walmart exc. figure in stock. About 30 of them. Who is gonna start making the store codes up?

Reaction score
Thanks doubledown, but my work schedule pretty much prohibits me getting to Levittown & back on my break. Anybody see those three (Ewok, Bane & Luke sandstorm) not too far from the Farmingville area? I can drive about 20 minutes each way, but I am working 8 to 9 most days!

j3h

Reaction score
massapequa sunrise mall walmart has the 3 new battle packs this morning & lots of legacy wave 2

Reaction score
darth lynch, i saw all of the ones you need in target commack. alot of stuff sits there, i can't see any reason they won't be there tommorrow plus they have more in the back

good luck

Reaction score
If anyone sees a Yoda Mighty Mugg can you let me know or even better stash it for me to go pick up. thanks, keith

Reaction score
Picked up 2 Quarrans and a Scuba Clone and a Padme at Mass. Wally. Still alot of figs there.

Reaction score
hey guys, a friend of mine invited me to see the clone wars tomorrow morning!!

Hi,

I hope all finds you well. Do you want to go to this super special advance screening of the new Star Wars movie?

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS

http://www.starwars.com

The cast and crew will be in attendance. Yes, Mr. George Lucas, will be in the house.

It's tomorrow morning (Sunday, August 10, 2008) at 10:00 AM in Manhattan.

Please let me know if you and your family would like to be my special guest.

Thanks,

Nelson "FFWD" Cruz

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:

Hi,

I hope all finds you well. Do you want to go to this super special advance screening of the new Star Wars movie?

The cast and crew will be in attendance. Yes, Mr. George Lucas, will be in the house.

Thanks,

Nelson "FFWD" Cruz
Can't wait for tomorrow to hear how you wound up in the bathroom next to Lucas and asked him " what the f*** were you thinking when you created Jar Jar??..." or got him to promise you to look into Hasbro's distribution problems on Long Island....or banged one of the actresses...or got a part in his next movie....or....you get the idea lol.
Anyway, have fun if you really do go, but I suggest you bring a camera for credibility's sake!

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
FlorenceBeach said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Nelson "FFWD" Cruz
Can't wait for tomorrow to hear how you wound up in the bathroom next to Lucas and asked him " what the f*** were you thinking when you created Jar Jar??..." or got him to promise you to look into Hasbro's distribution problems on Long Island....or banged one of the actresses...or got a part in his next movie....or....you get the idea lol.
Anyway, have fun if you really do go, but I suggest you bring a camera for credibility's sake!
gotta love cell phones!!!

Reaction score
Hi, if anyone see's the new Cobra Bat. Please stash and shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of the WM exclusive 501st clones in Center Reach. They had tons of 'em. It's a pretty boring figure IMO but I always get 1 to open, 1 MOC of the exclusives when I can.

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
So how was the movie????
I wasnt impressed. Im not a big a big a CW fan. the cartoon was decent but I just felt that ATTACK OF THE CLONES has just been extended by another 2 hours. anakin has a new side kick thats just as bad as jar jar.

there were about 3000 people in attendance, mostly reporters. Lucas was sitting in the front in a chair, answering questions. I dont even think he watched the entire movie, unless it was from a balcony that was out of site. He would only answer CW questions. It was the same set up as the interview with Harrison Ford a few years back.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
So how was the movie????
I wasnt impressed. Im not a big a big a CW fan. the cartoon was decent but I just felt that ATTACK OF THE CLONES has just been extended by another 2 hours. anakin has a new side kick thats just as bad as jar jar.

there were about 3000 people in attendance, mostly reporters. Lucas was sitting in the front in a chair, answering questions. I dont even think he watched the entire movie, unless it was from a balcony that was out of site. He would only answer CW questions. It was the same set up as the interview with Harrison Ford a few years back.
Nice, I will be going Friday night with the kiddies!

Reaction score
Thanks miscus & atreyu! I nabbed the last 3 Legacy figs I needed Monday, & I just picked up the 501st trooper a while ago. They still had a few out (about 8, I think) but some of those had bent cards.

Reaction score
Transformers fans might want to hit Kohls. I scored Galvatron and Acid Storm in the Commack one last night. Buy one get one half off sale too. There was 1 Galvatron left there & I put him behind all the others. I did not see a second Acid Storm though. Plenty of wave 3 Animated and FDI CW and BAD figs too.

Reaction score
Naw, but thanks. just to far for me to get a $10 toy. thanks though, appreciated. keith

Reaction score
well, the figure swapper is at it again. someone swapped out some new figs and replaced them with old ones at pequa wally. loser.

Reaction score
Don't see that much here, but that really sucks! And the taped bubble style that Hasbro has been using makes it so much easier. I do like the look of the to-the-edge bubble, but there has to be a better way! I'd live to see the same style, but instead of taping the edges to the back, glue them to the front, in essence "under" the blister. This maintains the same look but helps to avoid the figure swapping issue. Anybody else got ideas, maybe we can get them to Hasbro in a Q&A.

Reaction score
they swapped out 3 figures, along with the droid parts on the back. they put the ewok from 96...the one with the glider that comes out of a little planet on the ewok card, replaced a crappy clone trooper from one of the target sets and replaced a snow padme from another target with the new snow padme.

Reaction score
Nothing yet - I have seen bunches of the Snowbunny Padme Legacy wave at TRUs in the area, if anyone is still missing them. The only new fig I am looking to get is the Yaddle & Even Piell 2-pack. Looking forward to the next Legacy wave (RotS) & the next CW wave.

Reaction score
FlorenceBeach said:
Anyone found the new figs yet?
Nothing yet, I've been checking everyday at Target on Horseblock road and there hasn't been anything... Not even the exclusive BattlePack. I am going out to Riverhead tomorrow to continue my searching. Will post again to let everyone know.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the latest wave of Titaniums? It includes the Trade Fed. MTT, TIE Defender, Rebel Transport & Imperial Landing Craft.

If you see them, can you stash for me and shoot me a PM? Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.