AREA REPORTS #11: LONG ISLAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Setauket Walmart had Wave 1 tonight. Left most since I got mine from HTS, did pick up a bunch of the recards without the coin. FINALLY scored the blizzard force speeder bike and AAT Titaniums also. Been missing them since late last year and was worried I'd never see them.

Medford Target had the remains of Wave 1.

Holbrook TRU had nothing much except a UGH Galactic Marine. They also have a buy 2 get 1 free on any figures $10.99 and under.

Mike

Reaction score
It seems like the latest wave of Joes is hitting BIG! They had more at the Walmarts and Target in Levittown. No Star Wars worth talking about

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
It seems like the latest wave of Joes is hitting BIG! They had more at the Walmarts and Target in Levittown. No Star Wars worth talking about
What are doing out. I thought you were all caught up.

Reaction score
GMAC said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
What are doing out. I thought you were all caught up.
Just stopped by on my way home.
............What were YOU doing out yesterday??????

Reaction score
Hey fellas. I stopped in Levitown Target yesterday. I picked up the new Joes, and some of SW Wave One. I am caught up, but still need a Jump Trooper, Evo Trooper, Maris Brood from Wave Two. Later.

Reaction score
DarthBuff said:
Hey fellas. I stopped in Levitown Target yesterday. I picked up the new Joes, and some of SW Wave One. I am caught up, but still need a Jump Trooper, Evo Trooper, Maris Brood from Wave Two. Later.
do you have star wars wave 3?

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
wookieeboy said:
Anyway, has anybody seen the Sith Legacy Evo set in Suffolk yet?
I picked up a set a few weeks ago in the Middle Island Walmart so they are around.

Mike

Reaction score
Found 1 mustafar pan droid @ Target Farmingdale, scanner said more figs. in the back - but there weren't

Target VS - nothing new out - scanner said more in the back - stock guy brought out a case, finally scored 21b, po nudo gree, kash trooper, tri droid, still need evo, jump, and #13 (rham kota) up

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
Target VS - nothing new out - scanner said more in the back - stock guy brought out a case, finally scored 21b, po nudo gree, kash trooper, tri droid, still need evo, jump, and #13 (rham kota) up
I was at the VS Target around 7 PM...were you the collector that grabbed an R2-B1 off the pegs to scan?

Up early this morning, I went back, and it seemed like there was NO ONE working in the toy section. Picked up the phone for help and a worker from a different area was kind enough to pull a couple already-opened Wave 1 revision cases and left them on the floor.

I pulled a Gree, Kashyyk, and Tri-droid for myself, and filled the pegs with the rest of the figures from one case, while the other remained on the floor.

Also of note, someone stole a 25th Crimson Guard, ripped straight off it's packaging, and the backing card was placed...back on the pegs?

Reaction score
Jolu_Zonng said:
winstonwolf said:
I was at the VS Target around 7 PM...were you the collector that grabbed an R2-B1 off the pegs to scan?

Up early this morning, I went back, and it seemed like there was NO ONE working in the toy section. Picked up the phone for help and a worker from a different area was kind enough to pull a couple already-opened Wave 1 revision cases and left them on the floor.

I pulled a Gree, Kashyyk, and Tri-droid for myself, and filled the pegs with the rest of the figures from one case, while the other remained on the floor.

Also of note, someone stole a 25th Crimson Guard, ripped straight off it's packaging, and the backing card was placed...back on the pegs?
Ha, yeah that was me.
I took that fig for the stock guy to scan (easier than giving the dpci)
I was kinda hurrying since my wife was shopping with me and I knew she'd be ready to go any min.!

Funny, the case they brought out for me was opened as well...

That Target & Farmingdale WM seem to have alot of bizarre packages ripped open or repacked with old figs and whatnot, some people have weird ways to get their jollies.

Nice to have kinda almost met you!

Reaction score
Yeah that's not creepy. Funny how we all seem to shy away from direct interaction with fellow collectors. Almost as if a force field deters us from speaking to a fellow enthusiast. I know for me it's because I look like a barbarian.

Reaction score
hansloroll said:
Yeah that's not creepy. Funny how we all seem to shy away from direct interaction with fellow collectors. Almost as if a force field deters us from speaking to a fellow enthusiast. I know for me it's because I look like a barbarian.
I talk to other collectors sometimes that I dont know. it always nice to make a friend!

Reaction score
winstonwolf said:
Ha, yeah that was me.
I took that fig for the stock guy to scan (easier than giving the dpci)
I was kinda hurrying since my wife was shopping with me and I knew she'd be ready to go any min.!

Funny, the case they brought out for me was opened as well...

That Target & Farmingdale WM seem to have alot of bizarre packages ripped open or repacked with old figs and whatnot, some people have weird ways to get their jollies.

Nice to have kinda almost met you!
Haha, nice to have almost met you too.

It did seem like you were in a rush. (You grabbed the figure so quickly that I was wondering if it was a difficult get.)

Also, if I wasn't on the phone, I would've said that we just missed out on Wave 1. Glad you were able to score the wave though, and next time I'll be sure to say hello.

Reaction score
ChocalateRain said:
hansloroll said:
I talk to other collectors sometimes that I dont know. it always nice to make a friend!
I agree...hold disdain only for the scalpers!

Reaction score
my collecting career is over! i tore my ACL yesterday trying the stash figures!

Reaction score
Or until July 26th... lucky for you, there isn't going to be anything new to get until then. Feel better!

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Holbrook TRU had a bunch of Legends and also the evolution sets, including the Sith Legacy set if anyone was looking.

Middle Island Walmart had a large amount of legends, nothing else worthwhile.

Last night Lake Grove TRU had a large amount of Legends, pegs were overflowing.

Mike

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the new Legends, it just seems to be a very large amount of the 2007 figures.

Mike

Reaction score
A little off topic but does anyone local have a Driods C-3PO, R2-D2 or Kea Moll they are willing to sell?

Thanks

Reaction score
I saw a droids c3po at a garage sale a year ago and passed on it. I should have grabbed it. I regretted it ever since. they only wanted a quarter for it, too.

Reaction score
VS Target...not much...a couple Obi-wans, a poncho Jango, yellow clone, a couple Padmes.

VS TRU...first time seeing the new Joe wave: one Torpedo, three Rock 'n Rolls...also several Snow Jobs, Air Troopers. They should all be there in the morning. Same old SW figures, except a Darktrooper sans Rex sticker.

I didn't bother going to wally world.

Reaction score
ChocalateRain said:
I saw a droids c3po at a garage sale a year ago and passed on it. I should have grabbed it. I regretted it ever since. they only wanted a quarter for it, too.
Anything vintage I see at Garage Sales I [censored] up. A quarter? How did you pass that one up?

Reaction score
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
A little off topic but does anyone local have a Driods C-3PO, R2-D2 or Kea Moll they are willing to sell?

Thanks
new "focus"?
LOL. No, two of my buddies (1 drives a red Mercedes, the other has a torn ACL) told me they consider them part of the vintage line. That being said these are the last few I need to complete the sets.

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
ChocalateRain said:

Anything vintage I see at Garage Sales I [censored] up. A quarter? How did you pass that one up?
it was a bad day for me. I curse everytime i think about it. its worth like $80, too. I guess I hate EU that much!

Reaction score
i happen to like that particular c3po. i bet some of your guys don't know he has removable limbs too

Reaction score
miscus555 said:
i happen to like that particular c3po. i bet some of your guys don't know he has removable limbs too
really? dam...now I wish I had have picked him up!

Reaction score
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:

Thanks
new "focus"?
LOL. No, two of my buddies (1 drives a red Mercedes, the other has a torn ACL) told me they consider them part of the vintage line. That being said these are the last few I need to complete the sets.
be careful, next he'll tell you that the snake that comes with yoda is a figure... sheesh!

Reaction score
or there is a taller snaggletooth who wears a blue suit instead of red

Reaction score
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:
doubledown said:
SITH_DARTH_RAGE said:

Thanks
new "focus"?
be careful, next he'll tell you that the snake that comes with yoda is a figure... sheesh!
Thank God I already have the Orange, Brown and Green snake Yodas!!! If not someone????might key your car

Reaction score
Centereach WM had Gree and a couple Kashyyyk troopers today, as well as other remnants of Wave 1. I was able to snag the Sith Legacy set as well. Just need the TFU wave and I'll be caught up for a long while, it seems!

Status
Not open for further replies.