Are These Guns Legit?

Reaction score
These are from my personal collection I might add. I've had them for over 30 years and just wasn't sure. Thanks.

Reaction score
the palace blaster is clearly repro. you say you have has these in your collection for 30 years? Im not quite sure they made those repros that long ago?? Leads me to believe the endor blaster is repro as well.

Reaction score
Is that Palace Blaster painted? It almost looks like there are scuff marks with white plastic poking through. It could be just camera flash.

Reaction score
Is that Palace Blaster painted? It almost looks like there are scuff marks with white plastic poking through. It could be just camera flash.
There are no white marks, it’s just the light.

Reaction score
the palace blaster is clearly repro. you say you have has these in your collection for 30 years? Im not quite sure they made those repros that long ago?? Leads me to believe the endor blaster is repro as well.
I collected loose vintage on and off between ‘93 and ‘00. Everything I bought was either from Brian’s Toys or EBay (with a few comic shops thrown in). Were there repros like this in 2000?

Also, how do you know the Palace Blaster is repro? What should I look for? Thanks.

Reaction score
There were definitely repro weapons back in the early 2000s. I remember buying a bag or repro weapons in the mid to late 90s from a comic shop that ordered them for me. In the bag were both of these blasters.

Reaction score
Also, how do you know the Palace Blaster is repro? What should I look for? Thanks.
All non-repro Palace blasters (Kenner anways, Toltoys does not have it) have a rather large circle in the middle of the handle/grip. Yours is also missing the raised bump right before the barrel. Definitely repro.

I am thinking the Endor blaster looks like it could be original. Early repros of the Endor blaster were quite crude and were lacking all of the detail on the barrel of the gun. My initial thought was that this looked like one of the modern, fairly convincing Endor blaster repros with the extra flashing. However, if this was purchased more than 2 or 3 years ago it cannot be those.

Just a note: Brian's Toys sold figures as complete, with repro accessories, with or without disclosing such for several years. I nearly bought an Ewok with a repro bow before I realized it was repro in the photos. Listing did not indicate it as repro. I think they do clearly label everything now, though.

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Brian's Toys recently swear off selling toys with repros? They had pictures or videos of them destroying large bags of repros?

Last edited:
Reaction score
All non-repro Palace blasters (Kenner anways, Toltoys does not have it) have a rather large circle in the middle of the handle/grip. Yours is also missing the raised bump right before the barrel. Definitely repro.

I am thinking the Endor blaster looks like it could be original. Early repros of the Endor blaster were quite crude and were lacking all of the detail on the barrel of the gun. My initial thought was that this looked like one of the modern, fairly convincing Endor blaster repros with the extra flashing. However, if this was purchased more than 2 or 3 years ago it cannot be those.

Just a note: Brian's Toys sold figures as complete, with repro accessories, with or without disclosing such for several years. I nearly bought an Ewok with a repro bow before I realized it was repro in the photos. Listing did not indicate it as repro. I think they do clearly label everything now, though.
I agree regarding the Imperial Gunner Blaster. I bought it complete around 2000. Understood about the Palace blaster.

Reaction score
I collected loose vintage on and off between ‘93 and ‘00. Everything I bought was either from Brian’s Toys or EBay (with a few comic shops thrown in). Were there repros like this in 2000?

Brian's toys were synonymous with repros as far back as 1998. There are many tales on the internet. They were eventually pressured into destroying tons of them if memory serves correctly

Reaction score
Dude, they sold me a “C-8.5” loose Farmboy Luke with the head glued onto the body back in the day.

Reaction score
The Endor blaster is a Variant 2 (Imperial Gunnery) and the new Repro's that float and have clip holes on both sides are this variation. That is why I will not buy any Endor Blaster weapons that are Variant 2. Unless close inspection against and comparison against a true original Variant 2 I can say one way or another.

ComicalUser is 100% right on the Palace blasters being Repro (Sorry Bmarz).

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. As I've said, I've had these weapons since the late 90's/early 2000's so based on your feedback, my Endor Blaster is authentic vintage.

Reaction score
Of course these are coming from snakeriverman

These repos come from The Fans Strike Back. They make weapons that bounce, float and are translucent making them indistinguishable from the originals.

Echo Base has been at war with the Fans Strike Back freezing their Paypal accounts and getting their items taken off eBay. Fans Strike Back responded with 'Operation Flood The Market' offering a 50% discount if you buy 100 weapons using the coupon code 'echobase'

Yeah, its all a bit grade school, personally I don't understand why they need to make weapons that bounce and float like originals :/

I'm hoping TIG update their website with these new repos.