ARC Trooper Echo - #VC176

Reaction score
It definitely no longer makes sense case wise, unless those online retailers are indeed getting full cases of each figure. But then how to you explain regular retail that's had Leia and Greef for a couple months and only recent got Fett and Child? It certainly feels all wonky these days.

I don't remember a single report of regular retail (you mean brick/mortar Target, Walmart right?) getting solid cases of Leia and Greef. Online stores did but not in-store.

Reaction score
It definitely no longer makes sense case wise, unless those online retailers are indeed getting full cases of each figure. But then how to you explain regular retail that's had Leia and Greef for a couple months and only recent got Fett and Child? It certainly feels all wonky these days.
Could be returns or found in-store stashes. About 3 weeks before I saw a full case of greef leia wave at target ( and a partial case at wm 10 min prior) target had a lone zutton on pegs. Stocker scanned it and said that it shows that was only 1 arrived . And it had a .com sticker on back. So it was an online return.

Last edited:
Reaction score
True, by the time I eventually make it to a store most of the good stuff is usually gone anyways so I may have just seen remnants from that whole wave shipping, thus being Zutton and Leia.

Reaction score
@TogrutaKing, I just checked Skyward Fun Supply for you. They often have older TVC figures still in stock. But I'm sorry, Fives is out of stock. :(

Pre-orders for Fives are sold out, we're still waiting on Hasbro to send us solids but if/when they come in we should have plenty available!

Reaction score
I think Echo is going to be the hardest figure to find unless he's pre-ordered.

Reaction score
I think Echo is going to be the hardest figure to find unless he's pre-ordered.

Which is why I went ahead a pre-ordered (like any sane person would do). I think some collectors LIKE to wait until they can't find something at retail so they can complain about it.

Reaction score
Which is why I went ahead a pre-ordered (like any sane person would do). I think some collectors LIKE to wait until they can't find something at retail so they can complain about it.
Not entirely true. I like to pre-order so I can complain about my pre-order being cancelled. With this guy I’m hedging my bets a little more. I’ve got wave cases pre-ordered from both EE and DS as well as a single of him pre-ordered. Hopefully at least one doesn’t get cancelled.

Reaction score
Based on Fives I think preorders at several places are necessary! Luckily my pre-order with Pulse netted me the only two I have, if I had only gone with Dorkside I' be out due to the cancelation. So with Echo I ordered from 3 different places, and might even place a fourth. I haev afeeling I will want more of him since he has less "unique" markings than Fives and Jesse.

Reaction score
^ i had assumed one of the duplicate #177s would've been assumed to be #176 if any future re-runs we done. Seems like one of those should've been #176. And #188 been filled before going back to #176

Reaction score
Target cancelled my 3 single figure pre-orders for Echo today after sending me emails that they would be delayed til July 15th. I had to place 2 new single orders with the new date in September to hopefully get 2 of them. :mad:

Reaction score
This is one reason I don't bother to pre-order from Target, I like to click order and forget about it until ship time not worry that if I happen to miss a cancelation email I'm screwed. I just keep it to DS, Pulse or BBTS because at least they don't cancel for delays.

bac

Reaction score
It varies. I've seen them come first from Target, EE and Dorkside. Basically a crapshoot with the worldwide logistical issues still going on.

Reaction score
I'm guessing this guy is going to ship late. Amazon had a release date of 9/1 but now doesn't show one at all.

bac

Reaction score
I've got a second Echo coming from Target. It still says Sept 1st but in no way do I believe that date.

Reaction score
I'm guessing this guy is going to ship late. Amazon had a release date of 9/1 but now doesn't show one at all.
same as darth maul...but on my acct page, maul still says 9/1. actually if click on other buying options, maul says preorder w/ delivery early july or soon after as well and Echo says preorder w/ eta mid june. lol

Reaction score
same as darth maul...but on my acct page, maul still says 9/1. actually if click on other buying options, maul says preorder w/ delivery early july or soon after as well and Echo says preorder w/ eta mid june. lol
Sure it said June or July, but did it say what year?

ZX3

Reaction score
I got impatient and just ordered a loose Echo from Tunghori. First time ordering with them, hoping of the best.
I've ordered from Tunghori multiple times, both with the old eBay store and more recently with the new website. Everything I ordered came as advertised. In my experience they're legit (at least in terms of how they treat customers).
Although it might take longer than you like to get your purchase shipped from Asia if you want it quickly.

Reaction score
I've ordered from Tunghori multiple times, both with the old eBay store and more recently with the new website. Everything I ordered came as advertised. In my experience they're legit (at least in terms of how they treat customers).
Although it might take longer than you like to get your purchase shipped from Asia if you want it quickly.
For sure. I heard that his figures are factory defects? Is that true? And what constitutes a defect?

Reaction score
Likely they're not getting a factory wash that items meant for retail get, and that there're possible blemishes that don't quite cut it. Although based on some of the stuff that actually makes it through it makes me wonder what the criteria really is, because it sure isn't lazy eyes , cross-eyed or off center lips on face paint. Or hands/legs that snap off right out of the the package. lol

The figures I've ordered have essentially been just like any other loose pre-owned figure I would buy that have that "used' feeling to them.

Reaction score
^ my guess is that there is a batch made. For sake of argument, say 100 figures. Maybe 1 or 2 or3 are inspected and of they fail, then all 100 are counted as flawed despite 97+ my have pass the inspection. Thus, tung's lot of 100.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most common defects I've seen are figs with incorrect parts, such as two left shins, two right forearms, etc. Occasionally, there's a missing accessory. Less common are parts with mis-cast joints, but I've seen that a few times too. Tung always comes through with the correct replacement parts if you ask, assuming you don't mind a little boil-and-pop.

Reaction score
I ordered Ceremony Leia from Tung not too long ago and she came quite dirty.
The most common defects I've seen are figs with incorrect parts, such as two left shins, two right forearms, etc. Occasionally, there's a missing accessory. Less common are parts with mis-cast joints, but I've seen that a few times too. Tung always comes through with the correct replacement parts if you ask, assuming you don't mind a little boil-and-pop.
That wouldn't be so bad but he is charging retail prices or higher for factory seconds. Add on the shipping and that's a pretty expensive crap shoot.

bac

Reaction score
^ That is precisely why I don't mess with Tunghori. Back in the day he was cheaper, but the prices are now retail or higher depending on the figure's desirability for stuff still shipping to stores. Almost everything new is up for pre-order at one time or another from various etailers. Works for me.

Reaction score
I ordered Ceremony Leia from Tung not too long ago and she came quite dirty.
There was as joke in my head for this sentence somewhere... but this site isn't for really for Kids in the hall type of humor iirc... lol

Reaction score
^ That is precisely why I don't mess with Tunghori. Back in the day he was cheaper, but the prices are now retail or higher depending on the figure's desirability for stuff still shipping to stores. Almost everything new is up for pre-order at one time or another from various etailers. Works for me.
Yeah that's the frustrating part, has gotten a little greedy for what is being offered. But you can't really blame him if people are willing to pay it, and pay it over and over.

Reaction score
Tung's pricing has definitely gotten optimistic, and he's not a good source for cheap fodder anymore. With a $13 shipping charge, it's only worthwhile if you're placing an order for multiple figures. I don't use him for new stuff because I usually manage to find what I'm looking for at retail. On the other hand, if you're looking for older figs he can be a really good option.

The best example I can give is the RFTs I scooped up when he released them at $14.99 (now $16.99 for the FACE! version when he has them) not long ago. I had been troop-building them during the prior year, and they routinely ran for $25-$30 each on evilBay. When the Tantive IV set was announced I was kicking myself, because I thought Hasbro would re-release the RFT, maybe by the case... Turns out he was the only game in town after all.

Miss viperskingdom, too. I never thought I'd see the end of cheap lots of Indy Russkies. :( The best thing about the ones I acquired is they had skipped the sonic welding phase so the pelvises popped apart - Made dissassembly for custom work much easier.