ARC Trooper Echo (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
^saw same thing w/ kenobi. strange coincidence that the price increase matches what i'd pay w/ taxes

With how quickly they increased the price since the release date, I'm now curious if bots are really to blame. I could see Target screwing those of us trying to get it, knowing a price increase was coming, just so it'll conveniently be easier to find now that the price is higher.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With these exclusives, I firmly believe literally anything is plausible, but on something that they can't even seen too keep in stock, why raise the price? I'm sure reasons can be made, but what's the point of throwing in another 2 dollars?

Reaction score
Honestly this scenario combined with a couple others is what's making me seriously rethink this line, it's essentially become too much work to try and get the characters I'm after to the point of losing interest. If things don't get better then I'll probably bail on any future figures, unless they actually make a new EU figure or a JTG. I don't mind picking up 1 or 2 here or there if I can but if they all are as difficult as Echo and Obi-Wan(TCW) to get then I don't believe I'll be getting any going forward.

I don't understand why all the exclusives for a line that is supposedly so popular, TVC I can understand due several factors, but this is their new go to line. Yet it feel very Exclusive heavy.

Reaction score
I drove an hour one way to get an Echo (in store pick-up only)- after picking up Anakin last week at a nearby Target. Ill never get the other 2. That's fine. Its very strange that the Target website shows different prices for these exclusives. These are beautiful figures. Very hard to get.

Reaction score
I'm thankful that @jedimasterc helped hook me up.

Yeah, I'm rethinking my personal investment in this line too. Target has been, by far, my worst experience with exclusives. Exclusives should never be up to the individual stores to decided whether, or not, to stock. (Hyannis MA refused to stock these) I may continue buying my "grail" characters, or general release figures for custom fodder, but I don't see myself collecting Black Series the way I was.

Reaction score
I'm thankful that @jedimasterc helped hook me up.

Yeah, I'm rethinking my personal investment in this line too. Target has been, by far, my worst experience with exclusives. Exclusives should never be up to the individual stores to decided whether, or not, to stock. (Hyannis MA refused to stock these) I may continue buying my "grail" characters, or general release figures for custom fodder, but I don't see myself collecting Black Series the way I was.

The other issue, which is reported on G.I.Joe discussion threads is that there are instances where employees are calling their friends and family so they can give them the entire case of hot items so they can sell on Ebay.

There are examples where Target employees have straight out lied to people, only for another employee to overhear and get the product out for the person who was lied to.

Reaction score
In a way, I'm lucky, cause most of the Target Exclusives are showing up at TRU here and at a limit of 1 per person. All the Cobra Island Target figures, I was able to get locally here at TRU and it's because TRU is very strict on there 1 per person limit. I wanted 2 Vipers, but also understand that it is because of their strict one per person policy that actually made it possible for me to even get one Viper as I got the last one.

I managed to get Echo and I think he is one of the best Clones ever made by Hasbro. I love the figure.

Reaction score
The other issue, which is reported on G.I.Joe discussion threads is that there are instances where employees are calling their friends and family so they can give them the entire case of hot items so they can sell on Ebay.

There are examples where Target employees have straight out lied to people, only for another employee to overhear and get the product out for the person who was lied to.
If you encounter it happening, report it to Target. Here in the UK, some stores did the same thing with TVC.

Reaction score
The exclusives are just too much trouble to get excited over. I would love to have Echo and I think there'll be a better shot at it in a few months, but unless it's one of my most wanted figures, I'm not gonna work too hard to get one.

Reaction score
I'll be honest, when Echo was first announced I wanted to get a few, and make customs of Fives and Jesse.. However, after getting Echo in-hand, I'm going to wait on more. Looking at his armor, looks like Hasbro already plans to release other ARC troopers. They already molded in spots to swap the ammo pouch on his chest

20210611_061547-1.jpg

Reaction score
If anyone needs an Echo at cost plus shipping, shoot me a PM. US buyers only.

Reaction score
Getting so fed up with this. Have had 7 orders cancelled in the last two days. Walked into a nearby Target that said they had them in stock and a guy was literally at the self checkout with an entire case of Echo's and the machine didn't stop him... Argh. First world problems I suppose but still irate at Target. Started filling out the survey after each cancellation with 0 stars satisfaction and long rants. Sure no one in corporate will care, but it makes me feel better.

Reaction score
Sucks to here.

Up here in Canada, all the TRU I've been to have these behind the counter and they strictly enforce 1 per person.
They're not doing that in Alberta, so far as I can tell... 🤔

Miy Echo finally View attachment 389445View attachment 389446View attachment 389447arrived. Needless to say its going right back to Target.
Man, I've never seen a parcel from walmart.ca or toysrus.ca arrive that badly beat up (or even a little beat up, come to think of it)...

Reaction score
I wonder if any of you have been able to choose store pick up? If so, I assume the figures were in good/pristine condition?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I wonder if any of you have been able to choose store pick up? If so, I assume the figures were in good/pristine condition?
That's what I use mostly, and no, it's only been around 50/50 on receiving the figures in good condition. Which is about the same as having it shipped directly to my home. It's also the only way to have single figures shipped for free since I don't have, or want, a red card.

Reaction score
IMG-7157.jpg
Target Employee of the Month making sure to save the multi national billion dollar company a few nickels by using an undersized box with no packing. :ROFLMAO:📥📦📫📮💔🎯🥇

Reaction score
The crazy thing is some of their packers go the opposite end of the spectrum, I received a huge box for one item and they loaded it with those air pillow packs to protect the item.

Reaction score
The crazy thing is some of their packers go the opposite end of the spectrum, I received a huge box for one item and they loaded it with those air pillow packs to protect the item.

I get stuff from Amazon that is in huge boxes with no pillows for protection and the things just fly around in the shipping box.

Reaction score
That's what I use mostly, and no, it's only been around 50/50 on receiving the figures in good condition. Which is about the same as having it shipped directly to my home. It's also the only way to have single figures shipped for free since I don't have, or want, a red card.

Thanks, that what I was worried about. I got Hawk the same day I ordered him due to him being in stock at a local store. Pulled right off the shelf and in perfect condition. Now Obi, that one is being shipped to the store, fingers crossed that it is shipped in a box with pillows or bubble wrap to protect it.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Now Obi, that one is being shipped to the store, fingers crossed that it is shipped in a box with pillows or bubble wrap to protect it.
Depends on how much the store or fulfillment center it's shipping from cares. In any event, once it reaches your store, it will also depend on how carefully they "helpfully" unpack it and place it in those cute little order pickup bags. :rolleyes: Best of luck!

Reaction score
I managed to pick up an Echo on ebay last week. Price was questionable for a single basic figure, but these TCW exclusives are indeed highly sought after by collectors. I had bookmarked all the online shops that I frequently buy from in case they'd put the figures up for pre-order; surprisingly, however, they either went straight into sale without any pre-order window or - if there was a pre-order - sold out in minutes.

When I got back home from work one day two weeks ago and checked the respective sites, Echo, of course, was already gone. During the last weekend I sporadically searched the German ebay site and found one buy it now auction for Echo from a German seller. I just had to pick it up since not only do I love the TCW ARC Trooper design and the character, but I started collecting SW figures back in November 2008. So the animated TCW line was my entry point into Star Wars collecting and this package holds a lot of sentimental value for me. In the grand scheme of things 13 years are certainly not a long time, so for me it's hard to believe that this packaging design is now considered "vintage". But I must say - irrespective of the larger format - it felt quite nostalgic to hold this packaging in my hands after so many years.

Echo himself is an outstandig figure. I'm glad now that we didn't get him or any other ARC Trooper earlier in the line. The new body mould in combination with the newly designed armour parts were well worth the long wait; it all fits together so nicely, even though the plastic kama restricts the range of movement in the legs (a bit). Now Hasbro has all the parts to give us every other ARC Trooper from the show - but please, do not make all of them exclusives.

Reaction score
I don't think that the packaging is supposed to be considered "vintage". I think this is just part part of the 50th Lucasfilm thing. We've seen them revisit the TPM packaging, TCW packaging, and now we have POTF2 packaging coming. I wouldn't be surprised to see POTJ soon enough.

Reaction score
Are these Target exclusive figures also $26.49 in the store (if you can find them) or just on the app / website?

Reaction score
I wonder if Hasbro plans to continue this concept with packaging or if it's only here for LFL 50th? TCW packaging in itself could have massive potential for coverage of that era of character and continuing with the likes of Fives, Jesse, Blitz, Colt etc. just for this one sculpt. Not that they can't release those anyways but it would almost seem out of place in the main line whiteout any type of specific media coverage supporting said release.

I for one would definitely buy Blitz due to his interesting look, and have always wanted a non animated figure of him.

Reaction score
Are these Target exclusive figures also $26.49 in the store (if you can find them) or just on the app / website?
Oh, that is weird as hell. I was going to say they were $24.99 but I payed $26.49 including tax in store. It seems they raised the price 6%? It is almost like they got together and decided "Well technically people are paying $26.49 including tax so they're worth that much, what if we make that the base price and then charge them tax."

Reaction score
Most likely due to how fast each one was selling out, hence popularity. And honestly Targt is no netter then a 3rd party seller for doing something like that. IMO $25 was pushing the worth of these figures so when the went up they became less desirable for me, and yeah $1.50 may not seem like much to many but it's the principle. Where does it stop?

As cool looking as they are I don' really need them at $27 or more, so if this is the trend for Exclusives going forward I'm out sadly as I'll likely miss some interesting characters.

Reaction score
IMO $25 was pushing the worth of these figures so when the went up they became less desirable for me, and yeah $1.50 may not seem like much to many but it's the principle. Where does it stop?

For me it stopped at Kenobi so to speak. I had Hawk in hand and mulled it over a few minutes and ultimately put him back on the peg. Figure looks cool, just not enough there for me at like $28 after tax. Kenobi is well...Kenobi. There's a pretty stong attachment with Obi-Wan and I missed the Walgreens one so I was going to pay the $28 without hesitation. I did want Echo as well, I just didn't have a chance to pick one up. But now I feel I've already made my mind up on being done with this 4 figure series. Maybe Echo will show up again in the main line later.