ARC-170 Fighter

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like a Clone Wars version of the ARC-170 fighter is in the works, Hasbro has the instructions up here.

Any ideas of what it might look like deco wise?

Reaction score
It looks like it will be the same as the original release as far as the pattern. It looks like it might be that sticker will be the only difference! An extra $15 for that different sticker????? I might just see if I can order a sticker sheet from Hasbro and put it on one of my ones from the ROTS release.

Reaction score
coeli said:
It looks like it will be the same as the original release as far as the pattern. It looks like it might be that sticker will be the only difference! An extra $15 for that different sticker????? I might just see if I can order a sticker sheet from Hasbro and put it on one of my ones from the ROTS release.
the new fighter could be painted differently than te original.

Reaction score
captain_rex said:
coeli said:
the new fighter could be painted differently than te original.
I am sure that it is painted slightly different.....and maybe in different colors, but I don't know if it is gonna be enough of a difference for me to plunk down $45 for this thing. I am a sucker for vehicles, even to the point of army building some of them(I currently have 4 ROTS ARC's and 7 of the Target ARC's)but I have to know my limits....

Reaction score
I already have two Target ARCs. I'd have to see what this guy looks like before I even consider buying it.

Reaction score
It's a buy because I miss the ROTS version, didn't want the Target exclusive and if this version has the "shark look". Then, no thanks.
-------------------------
"Where is Skywalker?"

Reaction score
Galiziensoldat said:
I already have over 100 posts too!
Posts aren't everything thing. It's about making friends - and posts that are contributive!

Reaction score
Im trying to make my posts contributive, but unfortunately, some people are to arrogant to take a hint

"Jedi_matt_c" for example, could not compute the fact that I was eager to have new clone pilots released, for the arc 170.

Instead, he replied with a sarcastic "They're not going anywhere because they're toys".

That really ticked me off for some reason

Reaction score
Wasnt intending to annoy you, sorry Galizensoldat
Will Be intersting to see if hasbro to do anything to it, maybe battle damage stickers? Wouldnt make me get another one (got the ROTS version)

Reaction score
Galiziensoldat said:
Instead, he replied with a sarcastic "They're not going anywhere because they're toys".
Right. It's a joke. You need to lighten up a bit or you're going to have issues with a lot of things around this place.

And just a little helpful hint ... bragging about the rate at which you're posting isn't admired here. It's basically frowned upon. No one really cares.

Reaction score
Galiziensoldat said:
Im trying to make my posts contributive, but unfortunately, some people are to arrogant to take a hint

"Jedi_matt_c" for example, could not compute the fact that I was eager to have new clone pilots released, for the arc 170.

That really ticked me off for some reason
This place is FILLED with sarcasm - that's what makes this place unique. You can always try Yakface for a "Less Sarcasm" place.

But nether the less. I can't wait to pick this one up. Reason? The Deco seems nice BASED solely on the Instruction Sheet. Still gotta have a more detailed look.

Reaction score
Neal said:
Galiziensoldat said:
Right. It's a joke. You need to lighten up a bit or you're going to have issues with a lot of things around this place.

And just a little helpful hint ... bragging about the rate at which you're posting isn't admired here. It's basically frowned upon. No one really cares.

I was not bragging about my number of posts, simply supporting the fact that I have only been here for 3 days.

I oficially end this argument.

On topic: Could an Arc-170 style pilot be used to drive an At-te?

Reaction score
It could but think of AT-TE tank gunners flying ARC-170's around kinda silly but a contributeing idea.

Reaction score
It could but think of AT-TE tank gunners flying ARC-170's around kinda silly but a contributeing idea.

Reaction score
Hmm, instead of a straight repaint, maybe Hasbro will surprise us with say, a green ARC-170? That I would buy.

Unlikely though, unless they go with that scheme in the show/movie. Probably not though.

Reaction score
CantThinkOfAName said:
Hmm, instead of a straight repaint, maybe Hasbro will surprise us with say, a green ARC-170? That I would buy.

Unlikely though, unless they go with that scheme in the show/movie. Probably not though.
Despite not really having room for something of that size, I too would likely purchase it. I dig that deco.

Reaction score
In one of the pics on commingsoo.net, you can see the ARC-170. I think it looks ok. It has the same colors as most of the other CW ships.

Reaction score
Jedi_Mathyus said:
In one of the pics on commingsoo.net, you can see the ARC-170. I think it looks ok. It has the same colors as most of the other CW ships.
Link?
Tried to copy and paste what you wrote but it didn't take me anywhere

Reaction score
coeli said:
Jedi_Mathyus said:
Link?
Check out the sdcc galleries on comingsoon.net

Reaction score
coeli said:
Jedi_Mathyus said:
In one of the pics on comingsoon.net, you can see the ARC-170. I think it looks ok. It has the same colors as most of the other CW ships.
Link?
haha Yeah, I spelled it wrong. so, I hope this works.

Reaction score
It looks like we're getting back to the basic looks for the vehicles which is a good thing in my opinion.

Reaction score
Jedi_Mathyus said:
coeli said:
Jedi_Mathyus said:
In one of the pics on comingsoon.net, you can see the ARC-170. I think it looks ok. It has the same colors as most of the other CW ships.
Link?
haha Yeah, I spelled it wrong. so, I hope this works.

Ah...got it! Thanks!

Reaction score
WAMPA POWER!

...who knew Wampas emitted the same energy signature as the X-Men's Cyclops, but from their mouths?

Part of me loves the idea of wampa-heads as fighter artwork... but part of me wishes wampas stayed put on Hoth but for MAYBE a couple showing up in shady areas (like in an arena in CWA, I think).

Reaction score
The Wampa head looks kind of cool but I wish they'd gone for the huge version we saw on the LAAT/c posted on StarWars.com. There might have been some mixing but this is like the WWII fighters and bombers. Where the pin-up girls were more synonymous with bombers while fighters had the teeth and eyes front end.

E...

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
WAMPA POWER!

...who knew Wampas emitted the same energy signature as the X-Men's Cyclops, but from their mouths?

Part of me loves the idea of wampa-heads as fighter artwork... but part of me wishes wampas stayed put on Hoth but for MAYBE a couple showing up in shady areas (like in an arena in CWA, I think).
What seemed like an unknown lifeform on a remote world in ESB was so well known in Republic era that its likeness was used for vehicle markings.

Of course, I'm being cynical. Lucas' vision always meant the Wampa was legendary in the known galaxy. And that rancors were ridden by fungus people. And (whatever they are doing with the dianogia/trash monster)...