ARC-170 -- Clone Wars Deco

Reaction score
$29.99...same price as the original! It would be cool if this is a mainline vehicle but I could see it going to Target...TRU wouldn't dare give us such a reasonable price!

The battle pack idea seems pretty interesting. I think this will likely be an exclusive coupled with the fighter. Maybe this will get us one of those pilots seen in the Clone Wars cartoon? That would be cool!

Hmm...maybe it will ALL be a TRU exclusive. They did that with the Gunship/Hunt for Grievous sets after all. But I hope its for Target! (or the main line.
)

Reaction score
Re: ARC-170 -- Clone Wars Deco / ARC-170 Battle Pack

Both of these sound great! Maybe it will be the style of pilots that were in the Clone Wars cartoons, as they had full face masks!

Reaction score

Even if it is a straight repack of the ARC-170, I'll buy it. The battlepack probably won't be too exciting, but I'm hoping it includes a unique astromech.

Reaction score

Unless it comes with some really cool pilots I'm gonna skip this one. I knew we were getting this ship, but I was really hoping for a weathered version, or one with some kind of battle damage instead.

I really think it takes away from the coolness of the gunship to see this used as a squad color scheme instead of a symbol of badassness on behalf of the Muunilist 10.

Reaction score
Re: ARC-170 -- Clone Wars Deco / ARC-170 Battle Pa

Personally I was hoping for a re-release of the movie version. $30 launch vehicles can be a tough pill to swallow when there are so many figures to buy, so I passed initially. I would have picked it up later, but the supply dried up real fast around here. In fact, I'd take a guess that my local Target only got four total during the ROTS line.

The gunship re-emerged at Kay Bee, but I never saw the ARC-170 again, and Ebay prices and shipping costs are up there on this.

Oh well. There's always a plus side to passing on things. No explaining to the wife and one less thing to hunt for.

Reaction score

I have 4 that I have acquired since the ROTS days. I bought one on day one (April 5th??) Two are loose, one of which has been customized, the other 2 are waiting to be freed!

i will gladly add another to the fleet

Reaction score

April 2nd, but who gives a darn anymore.

That looks really awesome, great job!

Reaction score

TerdVader said:
Unless it comes with some really cool pilots I'm gonna skip this one. I knew we were getting this ship, but I was really hoping for a weathered version, or one with some kind of battle damage instead.

I really think it takes away from the coolness of the gunship to see this used as a squad color scheme instead of a symbol of badassness on behalf of the Muunilist 10.
I agree completely. I snapped up the gunship immediately, but I really don't see the point in an ARC in the same paint job. I'd love to see another film-deco version as I have only gotten ahold of one. But this... I'll be passing.

Reaction score

I'm banking on this being the ARC-170 in the "shark" paint scheme.

I'm hoping the battle pack has some repainted pilots and maybe a clone trooper painted up like the mini figure that was included with the SWTF ARC-170 repaint.

Chances are this fabuLESS ship at a marveLESS price could only be exclusive at one store.

Reaction score

This may be a wait and see for me. I loved the CW deco of the gunship because it was actually in the show and not something Hasbro made up. Same thing with the potential battleback - wait and see. If the pilots were SA, or the crappy arms were recuplted at least, and the astromech was new it would be an easy decision.

Reaction score

Well, I do not think I will get the ship, as I have no room for it. I will wait and see what is in the BP before I make up my mind on that one. I to would like to see a NEW astromech.

Reaction score

The ideal battlepack would be 3 pilots, at least one in the 'shark' deco, but probably all 3, a 'new' astromech with the R4-G9 mold, whether another as-yet-unmade movie droid from OT or PT or a Hasbro invention (so long as it, too, isn't in the shark deco!)

Maybe instead of the shark pilots we'll get the ARC Trooper pilots from the Gunship in the cartoon? closed-face helmets, Mandalorian bat-symbol? That'd be cool. Whatever it is, we need 3 pilots for the ship. There's still a slot open for a shark-deco SA clone or somesuch, but I wouldn't mind a more standard ROTS pilot with Oddball or Jag's helmet markings, and possibly a retooled head for removable helmet, and better arms (ball-shoulder, at least).

Reaction score

My little guy kept removing the freakin guns on the side with his cousin so they could use them as guns and lost one of the entire guns. I will be buying one for sure.

Reaction score

This one I'll probably go for...hope it turns out true.

Reaction score

I hope this is true since I missed out on the ARC-170 during the ROTS days.

Reaction score

I am worried about the pilot situation myself. I hope they make it easy to secure three pilots, if they are in unique deco. But it will probably be one, so you have to buy three packs or something. Here is to hoping though.

Reaction score

I hope it is boxed like the Sams Wholesale club exclusive was, I bought one of those and have kicked myself for not buying several more for the price and display and great vehicle. I would like to see the new deco and the original both offered again.

Reaction score

Uggh, I knew I should've waited on buying the ARC-170. Same thing happened to me with the gunship.

You know what, screw it, I'm gonna give my ARC it's own unique deco.

Reaction score

I'll but some, I hope the BP has three pilots and then an astromech.

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm personally not terribly excited about a "space whale" ARC-170 - would prefer some more moviesque deco - like the green ROTS Gunship, or the CW black Command Gunship. Even just a straight reissue with a different weathering pattern would be cool.

The Battlepack holds GREAT interest for me, as I'm hopeful for a couple more pilots with different helmets - like Oddball and Cdr. Jag, or some similar. Just helmet decals will be good enough, but an updated head, with a removable helmet would move this set right up to "the bomb."

A repainted Astromech would be most welcome as well - fortunately Hasbro seems to have figured out that we're into that sort of thing (Mace's, DV's), so I'd guess that's almost a given.

'78

Reaction score

Finally this gets re-released!! However I too am a bit dsapointed, I was hoping that the Gunship would be the only one with the shark deco, I want a new deco, but not that!! I want something very cool, and not in the same scheme as the previous version!! I want don't want a pallette swap1!

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Yeah, I'm personally not terribly excited about a "space whale" ARC-170 - would prefer some more moviesque deco - like the green ROTS Gunship, or the CW black Command Gunship.
Let's just hope that they do not follow that up with repainting some Jedi fighters in the "space whale" scheme too. I honestly wouldn't put it past them.

Reaction score

Maybe the battlepack will have arc pilots. That would be pretty sweet.

Reaction score

I'm interested in the battlepack-and might get the ARC 170. I have 3 versions already: 3 inch titanium, 6 inch, and transformers version.

Sev

Reaction score

coeli said:
Both of these sound great! Maybe it will be the style of pilots that were in the Clone Wars cartoons, as they had full face masks!
One can only hope!

Reaction score

see, i'm the opposite, i'm kicking myself for passing on the original, as i'd much rather have that than the shark deco ARC-170. I was trying to get out of vehicles, but the V-Wing looks so good, I'm gonna get sucked back in. and now I want an ARC-170 to go with the V-Wing. hey, if you want, you should hold off redoing yours, and if the new release is the shark version, i'll swap you!

RogueWompRat said:
Uggh, I knew I should've waited on buying the ARC-170. Same thing happened to me with the gunship.

You know what, screw it, I'm gonna give my ARC it's own unique deco.

GNT

Reaction score

Good news that the Clone Wars pattern is spreading to other vehicles in the normal toy line. It'll only be a matter of time before its on every vehicle

Reaction score

I passed on this the first time around, but if it is based on the CW gunship deco, I'll probably pick it up

Reaction score

VERY excited to hear this. Will definitely pick one of these up!!!

Reaction score

Will probably pass on the Ship, bring on the BP's though! Would like to see some pics and hope this is a general release BP or even a Target Exclusive, I have a ton of luck with Target's Exclusives.

Reaction score

Put me down for two! I hope they have the battle damage paint scheme that is on the V-wing though. That would freakin rock!

Reaction score

I'll likely pass on the ARC, but might get it for g/f's son and reclaim the ROTS ARC we've been sharing
If it was a blue-trim ARC like the ol' Titanium from WM, I probably would grab it for myself.

The BP will find its way into my collection if I dig the astromech and the pilots offer up something new.

Reaction score

Damn, another awesome "announcement" Just got home and I check the boards and see all kinds of great news. I'm definitely getting this set, no matter what it is. I never picked up an ARC-170 during it's original run so this is very cool news to me.

Reaction score

I will probably get this as I usually buy all the ships.

Reaction score

Can someone please tell me why I did not pick up the ARC-170 during the ROTS days?

I have neither the room or money for it now.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I have neither the room or money for it now.

[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty much the reasons why I didn't get it the first time around. Now it's the opposite (well, I don't have too much more extra room). I'm hyped for these. I'm itchin' to see pics.

Reaction score

I really don't care what color it is.. I had missed out on the ROTS version and it's just too good to have to pass it up again. I'm guessing it will most likely be the clone wars "shark" as they have been making a trend of it with the Titaniums and transformers versions lately.

Reaction score

Ehhh. I want one. But don't have the money. I need the Slave 1 first. Better than that V Wing