Aquaman - Movie

GNT

Reaction score
Release Date - July 27 2018

All we know about the Aquaman movie is that'll star Jason Momoa in the lead role and will mark his 3rd appearance in the role by the time this movie gets released.

Anyone interested in seeing the Aquaman done justice on the big screen?

Reaction score
I like Jason Momoa, but the Conan film didn't get much of a reaction - I hope he's able to draw more of a crowd for this.

Reaction score
I actually thought the new Conan was alright, he did a decent job of it IMO. But it did seriously lack of a good plot and Villain.

Reaction score
What! :wtf: I could see it as their answer to Namor, but Thor? I'm not seeing it. If that's the case, what's the answer to GOTG? lol :grin:

GNT

Reaction score
Jason Momoa Talks Aquaman, Wants Zack Snyder to Direct Solo Film

Back in October, Warner Bros. finally confirmed that former “Game of Thrones” star Jason Momoa would play Aquaman in their DC Cinematic Universe despite months of dodging the question. Momoa previously spoke about the casting where he indicated how little he knew of their overall plans for the character, but at the Comic-Con Experience in São Paulo, Brazil (via CBM) this weekend, he opened up about what he wants to see.

"Jason Momoa have a contract for 4 movies as Arthur Curry/Aquaman!"
"And Momoa wants Zack Snyder, which is a big fan of the director, to direct Aquaman movie. more to come..."

It’s long been reported that Momoa will make his big screen debut as Aquaman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which debuts in theaters on March 25, 2016. Momoa will return as the king of Atlantis for Justice League: Part One on November 10. 2017, a solo Aquaman film set for release on July 27, 2018, and presumably the final film in his contract is Justice League: Part Two, set for release June 14, 2019.

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sold on Snyder for Aquaman. I'll have to get through his DoJ first. But based on MoS and his other stuff, Aquaman isn't quite right for his realistic dark approach.

Reaction score
Apples and Oranges, IMO. Thor, while I'm not his biggest Fan. Does have a diverse world to explore, with a vast character lineup. Not to mention that he's a prominent Avenger member! If it weren't for Thor, and even Avengers. We might not have GOTG. He certainly has the ability o open up Marvels space faring side of story telling!
Also, I have to say that I was impressed with the first Thor. Better than i thought it would be.

Aquaman doesn't really have that much going for him, he talks to fish. That's not to say some parts won't be good. I'm sure with state of the art CGI, Atlantis will look Awesome!

Reaction score
Apples and Oranges, IMO. Thor, while I'm not his biggest Fan. Does have a diverse world to explore, with a vast character lineup. Not to mention that he's a prominent Avenger member! If it weren't for Thor, and even Avengers. We might not have GOTG. He certainly has the ability o open up Marvels space faring side of story telling!
Also, I have to say that I was impressed with the first Thor. Better than i thought it would be.

Aquaman doesn't really have that much going for him, he talks to fish. That's not to say some parts won't be good. I'm sure with state of the art CGI, Atlantis will look Awesome!
They are similarly unrelate-able. They both speak in a classical English style. They are both leaders of an isolated, mythical race of superbeings with advanced technology. They both sport a similar look. Thor has a supporting cast of Asgardians that most people were unfamiliar with (Sir, the Warriors Three, Frost Giants, Dark Elves, etc.) and Aquaman has the various Atlantean/Underwater groups. The modern Aquaman is roughly analogous with Thor, at least in personality. They are both founding-- yet less well known-- members of their respective universe's greatest superhero teams (Avengers and Justice League).

Thor was definitely never a guaranteed winner at the box office. His movies have to be good, generally, for his franchise to succeed. Aquaman- I think- is in a similar position. But if Thor can do well in the mainsteam, so can Aquaman - to some extent. Both of them can capitalize on their LotR/Game of Thrones-like appeal. That means, if the Aquaman solo movie tanks, it's not so much the fault of the character, but that of the creative team behind the movie.

I just have no confidence that Aquaman will get a good story, and everyone but DC will understand why.

Reaction score
What! :wtf: I could see it as their answer to Namor, but Thor? I'm not seeing it. If that's the case, what's the answer to GOTG? lol :grin:
Mystery In Space, the Starlin one from several years ago, or perhaps R.E.B.E.L.S.

Those titles featured characters like Captain Comet, Adam Strange, the Weird, Prince Gavyn Starman, Hawkman, Starfire, Vril Dox, the Omega Men, L.E.G.I.O.N.... they've even got Tyrone the telepathic bulldog, a parallel to Cosmo, the telepathic Soviet dog (seen in the movie as part of the Collector's collection; in the comics, he's actually in charge of Knowhere's security).

GNT

Reaction score
It’s Official: James Wan to Direct the Aquaman Movie!

Warner Bros. Pictures has just announced that director James Wan (Furious Seven, The Conjuring) is officially set to take the helm of the studio’s upcoming Aquaman feature film! Jason Momoa (“Game of Thrones”) is starring as the sea-dwelling superhero. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

“We’ve been so lucky to have worked with James, first on New Line’s ‘The Conjuring’ and now on their upcoming ‘The Conjuring 2,'” says Silverman, “and are thrilled to have him on board as we continue to expand our DC slate. The ‘Aquaman’ film will be a major tentpole picture for us and James’s span of work has proven him able to take on any manner of project, bringing his incredible creative talent and unique voice to the material.”

Wan will also be supervising the script by Kurt Johnstad (300, 300: Rise of an Empire). Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder and Zack Snyder will serve as producers.

“James is not only a great storyteller but can make action truly explode on the big screen,” says Roven, “and Jason has a dynamic presence that commands your attention. Together, they will bring an undeniable vitality and energy to this character as he headlines his first feature film.”

The character’s first comic book appearance was in 1941’s “More Fun Comics” #73. Created by Paul Norris and Mort Weisinger, Aquaman went on to become a founding member of the Justice League of America two decades later. Until now, the character has never made it to the big screen. Aquaman’s sole live-action appearance was as a teen on the WB’s “Smallville.” The character was planned for a spinoff series, “Mercy Reef,” but the property never made it beyond the pilot stage.

Before appearing in his solo film, Momoa’s Aquaman will make his big screen debut in Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, set to hit theaters on March 25, 2016. It’s also a near certainty that he’ll be back for Justice League: Part One, arriving November 10, 2017. Aquaman then hits the following summer with Justice League: Part Two following on June 14, 2019.

Reaction score
So the trailer is out, and I got to say that it's got some interesting aspects. Looks good so far, but I've been fooled before.

Reaction score
I think there's lots to like about the trailer.

1st- I love the very comic book 'esque look to Black Manta.. YES YES YES thank you.. stick with the basics.. One of my peeves sis when you take these comics and stories that have worked for decades, and someone wants to come in and give their "artistic impression".. keep your artsy fartsy view, we don't want it.. we want what has worked all these years. So thank you for that.

Also, I like the aquarium scene.. love the whole bullies turn on their heels thing.. works for me every time in any movie.

Lots of potential here.. and lots to like. Just one piece of the DC universe.. hopefully this turns out to be a really good and entertaining flick.

Reaction score
This trailer was just more of the same old, same old from DC. Still, it's not being directed by Snyder, so there is a chance it turns out halfway decent.

GNT

Reaction score
This trailer was just more of the same old, same old from DC. Still, it's not being directed by Snyder, so there is a chance it turns out halfway decent.
I'll stay optimistic about this one but the trailer is at least more promising than the BatmanvsSuperman or Justice league movies.

Reaction score
I think this will be equal with WW. Unlike the MarvelMovies, I feel the DC verse is better with their character movie than their army of heroes ones.
Jason Momoa is one of my favourite actors since I first saw him in Stargate Atlantis back in the old days. I like the ways i portrays the ******ness ( is this a word ?)

Reaction score
Well upon seeing the new trailer, I really dislike that they've made Aquaman into a complete moron. It's like they're trying to be like how Thor was portrayed in Ragnarok.

But I will say, I like the visuals. Atlantis looks beautiful and Black Manta looks BA. But I just don't have faith in this film.

Reaction score
The newest trailer was better, but this is just Thor underwater.

It's like they're trying to be like how Thor was portrayed in Ragnarok.
I disagree, JL and Ragnarok came out in the same month, they're just going by the scant characterization they gave him in JL.

Reaction score
So i just watched the extended trailer, and surprise. Something that should have not been in it, and saved for the movie reveal was ruined..
Though the classic look did look cool, and proves my point!

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been more disinterested in a movie. Part of it is the whole "burn me once" thing with DC. The other part is that this just really looks bad. "If you thought Aquaman was a D-bag the last 4-5 decades because of how lame he was, think again! He's now a D-bag for all sorts of different reasons!" That's the message I'm getting, and it's not a good one.

Reaction score
Interesting, it probably just okay in my book. It wasn't BvS bad, but it also wasn't WW good. Possibly somewhere above or right next to JL. It's really a toss up because there were good parts/elements in JL, just overall lacks. Aquabro though seemed like it was just there to be viewed. Several parts seem to drag on, and the meaningful parts didn't quite seem genuine due to his acting style.

Black Manta was cool, just seemed far fetched that he could adapt Atlantis tech in a garage.

Reaction score
Already planning to do a sequel, because they feel this is one of their more successful attempts. But I think it's just because is twas different enough.
I can't say that A2 would do as well unless the change up some things, I still feel he's out of place as Aquaman. Plus making Ohm the Villain first, anything else almost pales in comparison. I don't recall many notable bad guys for him, and how do you match the action of first one? Story wise where do you go, JL:War? Will they introduce Aqualad? Or have any crossover of previous JL members, like WW or Flash? Perhaps introduce a Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter?

Considering Superman is on hold, and likely wont get a sequel of his own. I'm thinking they'll need to recast though, it doesn't seem like he two parties are agreeable on anything. So maybe they're trying to come up with something to fill in, and audiences seem to like Aquaman.

Also read that the Lantern Corps movie has been pulled or pushed back, which is disappointing. Maybe the should just take the Sony route, and make a Red Lantern movie about Atrocitus.

Reaction score
maybe his villain will be plastic in the ocean? he can use his powers to remove the large floating blob of waste plastic in the pacific which is currently the size of alaska. and/or "aliens". yeah. that's the ticket. make him fight aliens.

Reaction score
There was some discussion about using the Trench as his next villain.. Aquaman movie, or a JL movie ?? (hadn't paid THAT much attention)

Anyhow, pretty good villain to go with, also it would work as a movie vs. being an ALL underwater villain.. at least they can come of land (which I always thought was somewhat of a bit of a bottleneck with Aquaman.. finding villains that you wouldn't have to film all underwater sequences with.