AOTC Yoda's Jedi Cruiser Mini-Rig

Reaction score
Just saw this set at Target in Boulder, CO. No interest in it though.

Reaction score
No offical name yet, but as the head is designed to match R3-A2's body and Jedi fighter Astros usually begin with "R4" My guess is "R4-A2"

Reaction score
Got this for a tenner today. My Yoda has a decent paint job around the eyes and the ship is pretty good. Glad I got it but definitely would not have paid full whack for it.

Reaction score
Anyone who wants this but not the bad Yoda paint apps, now's the time: get the fighter and replace Yoda with the new Saga Legends one (unless the cape doesn't allow him in the cockpit, I don't know).

Reaction score
Anyone who wants this but not the bad Yoda paint apps, now's the time: get the fighter and replace Yoda with the new Saga Legends one (unless the cape doesn't allow him in the cockpit, I don't know).
Then Yoda doesn't have a headset. That's the only part of Yoda I care about in this figure.

Reaction score
Found this for $7 on clearance @ TJMaxx. Great item for that price.

Reaction score
Have yet to find this at any of the clearance retailers, but the rest of the mini-rigs were there, one of each, anyway.

Reaction score
Worst paint apps ever?

I picked this up at a $12 and change clearance price at a KMart earlier this week and just got a chance to closely examine it for the first time.
This atrocity has the worst paint apps I have ever seen on a SW figure. His eyes are painted so low that, in the store, I thought he looked high. In better light, it is much worse than that. His eyes are unpainted. The eye paint apps are down on the cheeks. Essentially, his "eye paint" apps look like eye black for an athlete.
I'd been holding off on this thing until it hit the clearance racks and clearance retailers, but this is worse than I had imagined. This is going to be exchanged for a duplicate wherever I can find one.

Reaction score
I thought I had found a replacement, but it had the same paint apps, damn eyes painted on the cheeks. WTF? Has this been frequent?

Reaction score
There were a few reports of it being fixed, but it's much, much more common to find it with bad eyes.

I bought it for the ship. If I ever have some paint, I'll try to fix the eyes, but I have a better Yoda figure already.

Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't feel it is my responsibility to reward Hasbro for shoddy production or to repair it. But perhaps I could trade the Uzay Master in the RS Classifieds.

Reaction score
I also only bought the item for the vehicle and droid dome, but my Yoda doesn't have paint apps nearly as bad as people have reported here. The eyes might not be as crisp as they could be, but they're definitely in the correct location.

Reaction score
I also only bought the item for the vehicle and droid dome, but my Yoda doesn't have paint apps nearly as bad as people have reported here. The eyes might not be as crisp as they could be, but they're definitely in the correct location.
Mighty Pizza, they are on the cheeks. I swear as the Force is my witness.

Reaction score
Hmmm... I've been wanting to pick this up for a while now (despite the paint-apps, wonky yodaeyes issues, etc.)
Primarily, I would get this for the starship / droid dome (like others have mentioned)... quite like it's green-colour and it's mini-jedi-startfighterish qualities.

Reaction score
I've now found this in three states with the same paint apps issues. The same damn spot on the cheeks, so clearly it was the same batch out of the factory in China. Six-year-old Chinese laborers don't have the work ethic they did 10 years ago.

Reaction score
I remember fist seeing it in the shops and every one was terrible. Then I saw one a month or so ago (maybe longer) that was okay so I picked it up in the sales.

Reaction score
So are there any chains with a reliable Yoda eye paint job? I have looked in three states, at multiple chains, and have yet to see a version not with cheek eyes.

Reaction score
Still haven't found one with decent paint apps.
Me either. I'll generally pick up any Yoda figure, but not this... thing. I gave up trying to find a correct version ages ago. I'm a little pickier about my paint apps. O.k.- ALOT Pickier!

Reaction score
Yeah, even at 5 POA, for Hasbro to allow paint apps like that out of China is an insult to the consumer.

Reaction score
I found another one at Marshall's today, and it was as bad as all the others I have seen. I guess I might as well open up the one I've got with the deeply flawed paint apps. I have no experience or skill in doing these customs, so I don't know what the hell to do with Fugly the Jedi Master.

Reaction score
I found another one at Marshall's today, and it was as bad as all the others I have seen. I guess I might as well open up the one I've got with the deeply flawed paint apps. I have no experience or skill in doing these customs, so I don't know what the hell to do with Fugly the Jedi Master.
Give it to a youngling in your family :)