AOTC Yoda's Jedi Cruiser Mini-Rig

Reaction score
I'm looking for the yoda starfighter if anyone wants to trade/sell - I dont need the droid head !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Urgh, the paint apps on Yoda are so sloppy. I thought maybe it might be a one off but they ALL have misalligned eyes : (

Reaction score
I really like this ship, and except for the eyes, the Yoda's not too bad. Just needs a quick repaint. The super battle droid is weird though - has this mold been used before?

Reaction score
The Super Battle Droid goes back to 2002, I believe, as part of a droid three-pack in the deluxe figure line.
Close my friend. It's actually from an AotC set from 2002. It was a deluxe yoda set (Yoda VS Super Battle Droid), where the Yoda could be magnetically controlled with a control stick around this little geonsis diorama piece. It had 'attack features' too where if you pushed Yoda towards either top corner of the diorama, a crane piece could collapse onto the droid, or a spring platform activated to simulate force push. The droid in it's original form had the rather dark blue tint to it that all '02 era SBDs had, but exceptionally warped legs that couldn't really be fixed, so it would never really work in the set it came with since it couldn't stand up.
Apologies for the long description, but I was 10 when I got this set (it was my first ever Yoda and SBD), and thought it was the coolest christmas present ever :)

As a side note, the SBD was also released in the RotS 2005 line where it was given an alernate rocket firing arm (like in Star Wars battlefront), then in '06 in the Battlefront 2 Droid Multipack, then sometime later again no doubt, then in the re-release of the battlefront pack, and is currently available in the Movie heroes line with the alternate arm again, so this guy has done the runs in terms of mold use from Hasbro.

The 3-pack Clone Wars set you mention was from 2003, and I think it was a different BD sculpt or at the very least had some different parts.

Reaction score
You're right. The three-pack had a different droid with an open left hand.

I liked that Yoda set back then, and still have the base and droid.

Reaction score
This is probably the weakest of the new sets. The super battle droid isn't worth the plastic and I was a little peeved that Yoda's cane was missing from the slot they had for it in the packaging.

"Fries with that, would you like?"

Reaction score
Those eyes : (

How could they miss the mark so badly?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dont think Hasbro pays attention to the deco in this line compared to the basic figure line. The deco on both figures and vehicles in the deluxe line have been sloppy on numerous occasions over the years. When I first saw the preview for this set, I sorta liked Yoda and the vehicle (not the droid though). I considered buying it. After seeing the final product - there is no way I'd purchase it as-is.

Reaction score
Where else is this thing hitting?
I have picked up 2 @ Tar-J and I have heard that they have been spotted @Geoffry-Land but here in "Lost Wages" it hasn't shown up yet :hmm:
I think that they have only shown up @ Tar-J so far :disgusted:
Spencer?:>}

Reaction score
I saw a set of these at Meijers last week. I think they are mainly located in the midwest, so doesn't do any good for Nevada.

Reaction score
I saw one of these and those 12" clones and Anakins and my god these things will never be allowed in my collection. Especially that Anakin, can you say fuggly. This who mini rig thing is just stupid as well.

Reaction score
So this vehicle and two figure line is finished after four items, eh (Yoda's fighter, 501st AT-RT, 501st dropship and the MTT fighter).
Yeah - kind of surprising as they just rebooted the line, but what do I know? I wonder if this wave will be hard to get in the long run? Last waves are typically underproduced.

Reaction score
Shame. I liked the proper mini rigs while they lasted.

Somewhat different to the mini class 2 concept!

Reaction score
Yeah - kind of surprising as they just rebooted the line, but what do I know? I wonder if this wave will be hard to get in the long run? Last waves are typically underproduced.
This wave of mini rigs has the dubious distinction of being both a first wave and a last wave. First waves should theoretically get good distribution. And since the rebooted product won't hit until the fall, I'm betting these won't be hard to find for the next 4-5 months.

Reaction score
If stores stock them. Looking at local stores that have finished their resets in the last couple of days, neither target or walmart have shelf space for Class 1 here. I guess people have said they are hitting TRU pretty hard, though.

Reaction score
If stores stock them. Looking at local stores that have finished their resets in the last couple of days, neither target or walmart have shelf space for Class 1 here. I guess people have said they are hitting TRU pretty hard, though.
Since the reset, all of the local Targets have had these on the shelf, so you may have a chance at seeing them.

Reaction score
In case anybody is interested I have 2 of this fine set with Astrodroid head swaps, 1 with R4-P44's head and 1 with R2-N3's noggin.
Both are fine substitutions
Now granted the eye paint jobs are carp :mad: but you could swap out another Yoda :sneaky:

I have them listed in my traid listing.
Spencer?:>}

Reaction score
The dome IS the big selling point, to be sure. The ship is interesting, though. I wish I was a better painter and what not. I'd be kinda cool to do one all brown and rusty like my trusty Sandcrawler and give my Jawas something to fly around in... you know, in an absurd E.U. sort of way...

Reaction score
I actually like the ship itself than the dome (have no interest in astromechs whatsoever). The only thing that stops me buying it is the fact that it's solely a hasbro creation. If this was in a comic, film, episode etc, i'd be happy (i go for screen accuracy in my dioramas more than anything), but as is, i just have to wait for a price drop so that it's really just too good to pass up.

Reaction score
This was the only set that I was remotely interested in but, after seeing it in person yesterday, I had to pass. Depsite the crappy Yoda with his eyes painted on his cheeks (glad to see those folks that worked on the Indy line are back to work), the ship just looked cheap to me...pretty disappointing really.

Reaction score
I bought this set a couple of weeks ago in Tesco (UK), and really like it. I was pleased to find one that had Yoda's eyes painted relatively well - they actually appear to be painted in the right place, the pupils are a tad large, but really, at this scale, they look fine. I tried to get a photo, but this was the closest I could get, and stay in focus.

Reaction score
They're still off target you can see the sculpted eye sections just above and more central to where they're painted on in your pic. They're closer than most I've seen, but it's still not good enough for me. If you're happy with it though, then great, you've got an awesome set in your collection :)

Reaction score
Someone on another site mentioned seeing a deco fix on Yoda, but I've yet to see a picture or the deco update in person. I was mildly interested in this when we saw the preview pictures, but after seeing the final product, it does appear to be low quality...

Reaction score
I came across one each at two different Targets, and they both had the same appallingly mis-located eyes. Had to check on here to see whether it's a 'thing'. Oh brother. I don't really want this set all that badly anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I kinda sorta see what people are saying about the eyes painted in the wrong place, but I don't think I would have noticed it if others hadn't brought it up. I'd love for an intrepid customizer to scrape off the bad eyes, paint on proper eyes, and post before & after pictures, so I can see whether it is worth doing myself. :)

Reaction score
The one that sebillba posted actually looks pretty decent, on the one that I saw the eyes were actually on his cheeks, almost parallel to his mouth!