AOTC Clone Trooper Bust-up 4-pack...finaly?

Rod

Reaction score
Finaly, we get the E2 Clone Trooper Bust-Ups that Gentle Giant has been teasing us with for years.....

Thanks to Nick from THEJAWA.COM and Jeff from JEDIDEFENDER.COM for the heads up.

With the different arms, we are talking a possible total of 20 different E2 Clone bust-ups.

Here's their write-up:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Contained all in one collection, four different versions of the infamous Clone Trooper squad members featured in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. Each Clone Trooper comes with eight different accessories that can create five different poses. Comes in a handsome display window box.

[/QUOTE]

And you can pre-order them here

Here are some pics:

Reaction score
Damn, that's gonna be sweet. Seems like there'll be a random "chase" figure, ala Gree in the ROTS Army Builder Pack or Blackhole Stormie in the Stormtrooper set...anyone wanna venture a guess who it'll be? I'll take a stab at it and say the Clone Pilot.

Anyway, I'll be buying a couple sets of these things. The '04 Toy Fair Clone Bust-up needs some companions here on the display shelf...

Snags

Reaction score
To bad the S&H from AFX is almost as much as the set of clones. I'm going to wait and see who else gets these before ordering them.

Reaction score
Yeah, it came to $27-something for me after adding shipping. I'll hold out to get these somewhere else, too. Nice looking set, though. I'm sure I'll pick up 3 or 4 (or 10) of these over time.

GGC

Reaction score
So to get all 5 configurations you need to buy five sets! I too will wait and see who else gets them.

Reaction score
This is great news. GG has been teasing us with these long enough.

bluesnaggletooth said:
Damn, that's gonna be sweet. Seems like there'll be a random "chase" figure, ala Gree in the ROTS Army Builder Pack or Blackhole Stormie in the Stormtrooper set...anyone wanna venture a guess who it'll be? I'll take a stab at it and say the Clone Pilot.
I'd say you're right, or else the Green Clone(I can't seem to remember his rank right now).

Reaction score
looks like the Clone Wars set and this set are on my wish list now

I am shying away from the 3.75 main figure line and collecting these now

Reaction score
Awesome, I can't wait for these since I missed all the reg busts of them....

Reaction score
Yeah these guys are welcome and well overdue!!! Glad I never found a blue promo one to buy!!

Reaction score
Shipping stays the same if you order mutiples packs.

Any one know of a coupon for them?

Reaction score
The shipping and handling was too expensive at AFX. I think I'll wait a bit to see where else these pop up.

If they announce a variant to this line, I assume that's just going to be another hole in my collection. Never found the Gree, never found the Blackhole stormies.

Reaction score
it's a freakin miracle wait there's 5 variants on each one? it's a freakin curse

Reaction score
Not 5 variants for each one- They each come with enough interchangeable parts to make 5 different versions with one Bust-Up.

Rod

Reaction score
That's just speculation right now...right? I didn't think this had been confirmed.

I agree....it is the most likely chase, like the Blackhole and Gree. I just don't like to get my hopes up until I hear for sure.

Also, I can't wait till these get here....might try to get some extra white ones to see if the arm sockets have been changed to match up with the E3 Clone ones...the possibilities are endless

Rod

Reaction score
just wait til sws has the battle damaged set up...

So wait, they come with 8 arms total? I'm kinda missing this whole thing.

Reaction score
bluesnaggletooth said:
Just ordered 4 sets from Entertainment Earth. No shipping charge since I can just drive over there and pick them up.

Looks like the "chase" variant will indeed be...the GREEN CLONE SERGEANT (see pic from Toy Fair):

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2006/tf06-GGSbustups/image5.asp

Snags
I think the green will work fine, however I do hope they are a bit more plentiful than the Grees. I don't want to have to spend $120 on six sets and get one or even no green version. All I want is the chance to own 1 of each color (white, red, blue, yellow and green). I think the clone pilot idea is pretty good though too.

Reaction score
I am kind of blind, can't see to find them on EE. Can anyone post the bust up set preorder link to EE?

Reaction score
Sweet!

Ordered 4 sets from afx.com, however, I'm considering upping it to at least 5 (since there are 5 variations of the clones), hopefully SWS.com will make a battle-damaged version of these like the ROTS clones

GGC

Reaction score
Andrews has them at $17.88 now and Razors had a five pack for $79 as well. I also think they chase will be the green clone, since we saw him already, but who knows. Hopefully we will find out before they ship out. My Wave 6 case should be here this week, hopefully I score both chases. Has anyone cracked a case yet to know how it breaks down?

Reaction score
I got a couple of questions guys.

For the ROTS Clone bust ups pack, are the boxes really sealed so no one can tamper with it and inspect them for the chase figures before hand? Or are they easily opened and inspectable?

Secondly, how rare is the Comm Gree bust up chase and is that the only chase figure for the ROTS pack?

Thirdly, where can i buy some ROTS clone bust-ups packs for a good price besides ebay?

Thank u.
-chad

GGC

Reaction score
Nash said:
I got a couple of questions guys.

For the ROTS Clone bust ups pack, are the boxes really sealed so no one can tamper with it and inspect them for the chase figures before hand? Or are they easily opened and inspectable?

Secondly, how rare is the Comm Gree bust up chase and is that the only chase figure for the ROTS pack?

Thirdly, where can i buy some ROTS clone bust-ups packs for a good price besides ebay?

Thank u.
-chad
1- They were taped shut on both sides which is why I only got one set on ebay because I believe some sellers on ebay would open them and check for Gree and re-seal them, thats why for these I am going with a trusted and long time e-store that I know will pull right from a case. Most of my beliefs came true when a month or so later, the same sellers that sold 30 sets then had 3 or 4 grees up alone.

2- Gree is the only chase clone but there are two versions, short saber and long saber. There are alao a Variants of each clone (dirty and clean)

3- If you are looking to pull a Gree I would not hit ebay, as I would assume most of them will be gree-less, if you are just looking for the other guys in the 4 pack ebay will probally be the cheapest way or check when etailers send out newsletters.

Reaction score
bluesnaggletooth said:
Entertainment Earth still has the ROTS army builders in stock for $20 each.

Snags
are those the battle damaged 4 pack? any idea where i could get those?

Reaction score
Nash said:
bluesnaggletooth said:
Entertainment Earth still has the ROTS army builders in stock for $20 each.

Snags
are those the battle damaged 4 pack? any idea where i could get those?
Those were the SWShop exclusive version. They still pop up there from time to time. If I see them show up again, I'll shoot you a PM.

Snags

Reaction score
Nash said:
laststormtrooper said:
They are up on starwarsshop
starwarsshop.com
Those are the AOTC ones. we were refering to the ROTS ones.
I think he's referring to the AOTC set in general, per the thread topic, not the previous post.
Problem with the damaged ROTS set I had was there was never anything else I wanted from SWShop at the same time they were available to offset shipping, so I never got it. Too many preorders mean separate shipping every time, and I gotta conserve! No Gree for you!