Anything New In Australia/NZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone collect those postcard advertisements for MoM? There's 6 of them and I managed to get one off a friend and from a university campus. Anyone know where else I can get them?

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Padawan Learner:
Anyone collect those postcard advertisements for MoM? There's 6 of them and I managed to get one off a friend and from a university campus. Anyone know where else I can get them?
<font size="2" face="arial">What postcard advertisements?

G

The postcards have pictures of certain characters. I have Chewie, Vader and Boba so far. On the back they have a little bit of advertising saying come to MoM and the rest of it is like a postcard. There maybe at the giftshop at MoM but not sure if they are charging or what. Just drop into a university campus and go to where they keep student information eg. info kiosk and you might be able to pick one or more up there.

G

Hi all. I doubt anyone remembers me as it's been a while since I posted (been working on a film), but I thought I'd post about the new 12" figs too.

I got the super battledroid which is O.K. but a bit of a take considering there's next to no articulation, but the one that scared the life out of me was the 12" Zam - it's hideous! If that head is realscanned I'll be a monkey's uncle - regardless the paint deco makes poor Leeanna Walsman look like a drag queen! No wonder they give you the little veil in the box

Looks like the big Zam deserves to be a pegwarmer.

[ 10-14-2002, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: half vader ]

G

Hello anyone out there?

Since GH site including their forums down, I thought people would be posting here.

Hmm R.I.P Anything New? I hope not.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Padawan Learner:
Hello anyone out there?

Since GH site including their forums down, I thought people would be posting here.

Hmm R.I.P Anything New? I hope not.
<font size="2" face="arial">I'm out here
Nothing new near me
besides those silver R2s hanging on the shelves.

Reaction score
have you guys seen those k-mart twin packs for $19.99? two carded figures in the one plastic brace. in my k-mart, they had yoda and dooku together, mace and FB Jango, and ani with someone else (taken from the duels in the movie, obviously). not bad if you're missing a couple, and cheap for two carded figures. are they available in sydney?

Dax

Reaction score
Originally posted by bikerscout22:
have you guys seen those k-mart twin packs for $19.99? two carded figures in the one plastic brace. in my k-mart, they had yoda and dooku together, mace and FB Jango, and ani with someone else (taken from the duels in the movie, obviously). not bad if you're missing a couple, and cheap for two carded figures. are they available in sydney?
<font size="2" face="arial">Umm.... K-Mart... are you sure about that? They should only be appearing at Big-W. They are available in large numbers in Big-W here in Sydney.

While I have everyone's attention
Don't forget that TOMORROW is the Sydney Jedi-Con with Kit Fisto and Luminara Unduli as our guest stars. Plenty of cool things to do and see and for more details check out the Star Walking website link in my sig below. Hope to see a bunch of familiar faces there on the day!

Reaction score
since GH is down and i've been waiting for it to go back up but it's been a few days now so here is my news:

all coles myers stores including: kmart, target, gracebros and myers are taking preorders for the aotc clones dvd. i'm not sure about the other stores but i preordered mine at kmart on thursday.

it's the same deal as tpm dvd fill out the slip with your details and hand in that slip on the 13th and pay for it (obviously) and receive your dvd with a bonus limited edition slip cover. yay!!

the cover is awesome. it looks some what similar to the pic below though not identical

Reaction score
driley, oops - my bad. it was Big W. sorry about that. i wrote that with a hangover this morning
. i know (excuses, excuses).

G

Hey guys,

Just spoke to the TRU buyer in Sydney, the silver anniversary R2D2 will be in stores on 12/11/02 as part of a special promo - buy $100.00 worth of Hasbro Star Wars stuff and you get the R2 'free'.
Might want to hold off buying that new TaunTaun or gunship for a few weeks then...

Cheers!

Dax

Reaction score
$100 for the Silver R2 huh? What a bunch of scalping profiteers
(like we didn't realise that already). Well it's made my decision easy for me. I'll now be getting a mate in the US to pick up the Landspeeder for me (for just over $20 US) and I'll receive my free R2 with that. Even shipped I should receive everything for less than I can pick up the Landspeeder through SRU here in Australia.

Vote with your wallet and let them know that you won't pay any price simply because they have a monopoly on certain items. Also make sure that you buy your other items from K-Mart, Myer, Big-W, Case Fresh, Figures Direct and anyone else that is not SRU. Eventually they will realise that scalping local collectors is just NOT a smart way to do business.

In closing these R2's will not be difficult to find so don't panic too much about grabbing one the very instant they are out. Also for $100 I would be insisting on a perfectly mint card so check it before you give them your hard earned cash. Better yet, get it from the US with your items at a better price.

G

SRU, just a bunch of profiteering buggers.

As I mentioned on GH, cover clip scans for AOTC DVD are out btw. Just go to theforce.net to see em. Very nice indeed.

Reaction score
Done. But you might want to start new threads to break up the 58 pages that this line of conversation has reached.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.