Anything New In Australia/NZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Dax you are my all time hero!

E-mail coming your way in regards to the lego x-wing. That will look sweet with my tie fighter and vader tie fighter!

Hemish... E-mail coming your way too in regards to the lego landspeeder. You'll be my hero too if you can find it and want to sell it to me!

Look slike alot of hero worshipping that I'll have to do.

Dax and hemish, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

Greejo.. Sure I'll go past your place when I goto MOM. Do you mind travelling in the boot?

GNT... Please don't start shooting force lightning up my butt when you achive emperor status!

Reaction score
That'd be right, I check the GH boards for weeks to get a low number
and they open when I'm out

How good does the new Lego SD look - but $550

OUCH!!

Reaction score
I don't know if this old news or not but I saw 12 inch Dooku at Grace Bros for $49.95. Compared with TRU $63 or whatever, its much cheaper for once at Grace Bros.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Red 5 Aussie:
GNT... Please don't start shooting force lightning up my butt when you achive emperor status!
<font size="2" face="arial">Would I do a thing like that?

G

That Lego SD is amazing but at that price i don't think the boss of all things great and good will listen to any of my explanations as to why I have to have it.(Maybe if I sell the rest of my collection though)

G

I'm seriously contemplating selling my soul for that puppy. Either that or half of my battle barbies.

Reaction score
Awesome find today. Got the Republic Gunship at Toyworld in Town for $120. Expensive but well worth it and cheaper than ordering it from the states ( one store wanted $113US shipping !!!! )

Wasn't expecting to find this over here so heres hoping the Arena will come out as well.

Reaction score
Anyone interested in the Star Wars Insider #62 then it should be landing on our shelves this week.

So if you are in Sydney try Borders bookshops or Kings Comics to get your copy.

G

Unfortunately Land beyond beyond shut it doors a couple of years ago and never reopened. Only Kings and Comic Kingdom remain in Sydney.

Used to go there all the time.

¿;?

G

LET US ALL HAIL THE NEW EMPEROR!

Congratulations GNT!

Hope you can make another 10,000 posts hmm

Reaction score
Originally posted by sparky:
Unfortunately Land beyond beyond shut it doors a couple of years ago and never reopened. Only Kings and Comic Kingdom remain in Sydney.

Used to go there all the time.

¿;?
<font size="2" face="arial">Last night I went to King's city store and to my amazement, it was closed down, all that remained were the shop fittings. Is the one at Penrith still going? Wasn't there one also at Kingsford or Kensington also?
I guess FOX is the place to have your shop set up. Lotsa tourists go there. I believe GL himself went there to buy his daughter some 'buffy' comics.

Dax

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I should have chimed in with this earlier. Kings in the city have simply moved. They are now located in Pitt street down between the Pitt street Mall and Central Station. Sorry I don't have a more precise address than that. Oh, hang on <rummage, rummage> here's their business card I picked up on Thursday... which still has the old address on it
Idiots.

G

Hi All
Have just been to my local BigW and they know have the new Action Fleet Mini scenes.(What used to be battle packs)
I think there may be some changes from the originals but I'm to lazy to drag them out to compare.There are 4 different scenes so far
Dune sea ambush
Tatooine droid hunter
Imperial endor pursuit
Mos Eisley encounter

They are quite good.

Reaction score
Kings Comics Penrith have gone the way of the Dodo.
They've been gone for a good 6 months now

Dax

Reaction score
Well guys I just came back from a quick toy run and to be blunt I am disgusted by what I saw at TRU, which shall forthwith be referred to as Scalpers 'R' Us. They have just landed the new 12" Luke with Tauntaun and the price they have whacked on it is $200. Now bear in mind that the Han version which came out in 97 was $120. Also be aware that they are only $60 US in the States. If you actually want one of these then take my advice and get a friend to grab one for you from the US and ship it over. You'll still land it cheaper even after paying for shipping.

From now on I'll be boycotting Scalpers 'R' Us and not purchasing any more products from them till they get a clue and revise their prices. I was thinking about getting the 12" Luke with Tauntaun but it's not that different from the Han version and now that the price is a major factor they can choke on their stock. A shame that it is a Scalpers 'R' Us exclusive but obviously that is why the huge price: no competition.

There's plenty of other cool items out there begging for your money right now so hopefully you'll be able to resist the evil pull of Scalpers 'R' Us. Also compare their 12" regular line. Something like $70 a figure. No thanks, I'll pick up my Dooku from my local Grace Bros for only $50 thanks very much. Both companies have the same buy price for these items so tell me which one is profiteering and butchering the fans at the end of the day?

G

Hmm, I can vision the head of TRU Australia with a smirk loving every moment of this ludicrous price skimming tatics on SW Toys. Definately not a good time for the fans.

On the other hand, I went to K-Mart at Broadway and they finally got the new wave in of Maul, Anakin Tatooine and Padme Pilot. I grabbed the Maul straight away, very nice fig indeed, had thoughts about getting Anakin but I think that will be warming shelves around the place for a while. Also this wave is out at Woolies CBD.

Cheers

[ 09-28-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Padawan Learner ]

GNT

Reaction score
***This thread will be celebrating its first birthday in a few days

G

Hey everyone.
It's been ages since I've posted here. I've got some cool new sightings too.

Toys R Us has the new Luke and Tauntaun, as Dax mentioned. Extremely well priced. I'll probably get a few at that bargain price

They also have the new Luke and Landspeeder. The price? $70. Yes, that's the same price as the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder. Yes, that vehicle is about a third of the size. Yes, TRU can go stick it.

The Big W catalogue arived today, advertising the exclusive Jedi Starfighter with Obi, for only $47. I might actually get that. Good old Big W! Gotta love 'em! TRU would probably have sold that item for what, $150+??

Also I grabbed the new Anakin, Maul and Padme from Coles a week ago. Pretty expensive, about $17 each, but worth a look if you're really after them.

All these ridiculous prices are making SW collecting pretty sucky lately. I haven't been able to get heaps of the new vehicles or 'deluxe' figures yet, plus there's all the US exclusives like Star Tours which I have no hope of getting. (any chance we will get them Dax?)

Ah well, later.

Reaction score
After a long time finally there are new figures showing up! This weekend I found the new Tusken/Massif (not techically new ) , Watto, Padme Pilot, and Lott Dodd. I thought Ephant Mon might have been in the same wave but alas it was not the case
He'll probably turn up in the next few months . It will be worth the wait

G

Originally posted by SWH:
Hey everyone.
It's been ages since I've posted here. I've got some cool new sightings too.

Toys R Us has the new Luke and Tauntaun, as Dax mentioned. Extremely well priced. I'll probably get a few at that bargain price

They also have the new Luke and Landspeeder. The price? $70. Yes, that's the same price as the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder. Yes, that vehicle is about a third of the size. Yes, TRU can go stick it.

The Big W catalogue arived today, advertising the exclusive Jedi Starfighter with Obi, for only $47. I might actually get that. Good old Big W! Gotta love 'em! TRU would probably have sold that item for what, $150+??

Also I grabbed the new Anakin, Maul and Padme from Coles a week ago. Pretty expensive, about $17 each, but worth a look if you're really after them.

All these ridiculous prices are making SW collecting pretty sucky lately. I haven't been able to get heaps of the new vehicles or 'deluxe' figures yet, plus there's all the US exclusives like Star Tours which I have no hope of getting. (any chance we will get them Dax?)

Ah well, later.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hi SWH. Nice to hear from you again!

Haven't been to TRU'S in a while. Probably good thing I haven't or I would of fainted when seeing those ridiculous prices at Scalpers 'R' Us. Gees they make Cool Collectibles prices look like Big W's!!!

My view of the new items at SRUS

12 inch Luke and Tantaun - The store manager can shove these up his butt if they are charging $200 for them. Wasn't that keen on it anyways. Already have the han and tauntaun one and my luke from the 12 inch luke/wampa 2 pack is riding that tauntaun anyway.

Luke and Landspeeder - This one I really want but wasn't it meant to be $40.00? I wish Myer would get this in stock as I bet it would be $40-$50 tops!

As for coles rip off prices SWH on figures I was there today and saw them finally down to a decent price at $13.47 or something like that. Defnitely better than $17.99 or whatever they were! Yuk!

G

Yesterday I finally went to MoM. It was such a relief.
It was really packed yesterday being first day of School Holidays.

Felt sorry for the poor people who had to line up in a queue that went a very long distance. On the other hand, I managed to get in straight away through a "special" entrance thanks to the security guard as I had free tickets.

My thoughts on the exhibition was that it was very enjoyable and that it would satisfy any Star Wars Fan's tastes. The exhibit catered for young and old but more so for the children which was a good thing for the parents since its School holiday time. I was very pleased about the costumes and props on display because it felt so good to see them in a more detailed manner. The interactive displays I viewed were neat too but with the amount of people attending yesterday I couldn't get around to all. The atmosphere created for this exhibit was tops too.

Just a few minor faults for MoM that the space containing the exhibit could have been larger (There was a lot of people yesterday and it was crowded), as some others have expressed I thought that it could have been a bit longer (this especially came to me after looking a second and proper time at the wall at the back of the last room of the exhibit that it wasn't another room full of stuff as I thought on my first glance but a large mirror reflecting the components of the room) and another thing mentioned on here too that AOTC stuff there was on the light side and especially one of our favourites, Jango Fett not making it there justifies this.

The Gift Shop was good though they could have located it elsewhere in the Museum. I knew it was going to be pricey but to my suprise the Unleashed figures ($36) were the cheapest price I've seen for these anywhere in Syd. Yesterday they had 2 Vaders left and a bunch of Padme and Anakin warming the shelf. For Basic Figures they had 2 Ki-Adi's left and a peg full of Teemto. The pewter figures best described the word pricey. Each one is 3x3 cm and for the cheapest, Yoda was $36.

Went and checked out the School Holiday activities on show yesterday. The Jedi Braid making is really for the kiddies and it ain't that special. Jedi Knight 2 is on at Level 3, half and hour session I think Mon, Wed and Fri and it's just like a LAN session at a Net Cafe where you battle other people. Something to mention that you have to book for JK2 on Level 4.

That's it for MoM

Went to Hurstville and most places had nothing new. Target was a surprise as they had 1 Padme Pilot in. Managed to grab the last Jango/Boba Unleashed fig at Scalpers 'r us.

Cheers

G

Went to Eastgardens today

Target had CA Padme and a few TA Anakins

Kmart had nothing new

David Jones had nothing new

G

Coles with Star Wars figures??/What the?

I got Darth , anakin and Padme today all for $12.95 weird??

"If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibley imagine."

G

Hi all,
Just a quick note to let an Brisbaners know that Mr Toys in the Myer Centre had Teemto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Lott Dod, Watto and Tusken with Massiff on Tuesday when I was there, as well as Anakin TA, Padme Pilot and Maul. There was not many there to start with, even less after I had lay-byed the ones I wanted. So it all begins anew.
Belated congrats to GNT, 'my master', and happy birthday to this thread. Peace out!

G

Gees someone shoot me with a miniture ray!

I cannot believe how small the new saga landspeeder is!

For $70.00 it just doesn't look like your getting much bang for your buck.

I reckon this item should be $40.00 at the most.

At my SRU'S (Scalpers 'R' Us) which I shall now be calling that scalper ridden toy store they had at least 20 of these things warming the shelves.

Can't see how SRU'S will be selling many of these anytime soon.

Also I thought of putting the flashback lukes riffle on the side of his landspeeder way before hasbro. I've had flashback lukes riffle bluetacked to the side of my POTF2 one for yonks!

Saw two saga Luke with tauntauns for $200 each!!!
I wanna see how much SRU dust covers these boxes. I reckon by mid next year I won't be able to see through the clear window display of the box, due to the piles of SRU dust. Just like those quick selling E.T figures!

GNT

Reaction score
Arghhh I missed this threads first birthday

I'm back on line and ready to see mee more Pegwarmers on the shelves

Reaction score
Went to TRU at Garden City today and i was in fer a nice surprise
Lots of new stuff
12" Luke/Tauntaun
Saga Landspeeder
Saga Xwing
Saga 12 inches
New Saga figures / Teemto,maul,anakin,mundi,tusken/massif,padme pilot
I was impressed
I wasn't impressed with the prices on the 12" luke/tauntaun and speeder so i asked to speak to the manager.
I asked why these prices are so high considering the prices of these in the US,and what was up with the $20 price rise on the xwing.
"The prices come from our head office there's nothing we can do"
What a load of crap , i told him there was no way i was paying that kind of money and i would now get my stuff from other sources and that most of my collecting buddies would do the same.
It felt good to rant but i really don't think they cared , it almost feels like we need some really big kind of action to make them listen.
Makes me angry but i was happy to walk out of there after venting.
Must admit tho it took alot of will power to leave all those new figures sitting there.

G

Went to "S"rU Moorepark this morning. Saw the 12" Luke and Tuantuan......very big, very nice. I immediately grabbed one, ran to the cashier and slapped 4 yellow ones on the counter.

NOT! $195.95? sheesh, that's too pricey for me. Besides, I already spent too much buying 2 Saga landspeeders.

NOT! lol, has anyone fallen off their chairs yet? Seriously, I saw the 2 items eveyone is annoyed with and have to agree, they are too $$$. I've got a special gripe against the speeder, it's about the size of Zam's but costs twice as much?! Luke reminds me of Steve Irwin btw.

Anyhoo, there's not much new stuff. Found a few Teemtos, Ki-Adi and CS R2. Also noted a couple of CommTech readers that came with an EP1 Maul stapled on.

That's about it.

G

Went to K-Mart today in Broadway. They had Watto there so I grabbed him straight away. They also had a fair few Ki-Adi's and Teemto's warming the pegs atm. Also they had 2 Tusken Raiders with Massif.

Hmm maybe a good idea for the extravagant prices at SRU is to contact the ACCC or something. Maybe that way they'll get the message about their prices.

Another thing is Anakin Tatooine Attack flying off the shelves or sort of a peg warmer because I haven't seen it around much.

G

Hi
You might try your local woolworths for the Anakin T/A wave as they seem to have plenty.
The opened case i saw had 2 of each of the new figures + yoda so i would be surprised if he was short packed.

G

Went to Broadway K-Mart and had nothing new there. Just Ki-Adi's warming the pegs atm with the regulars Zam and Blue Guy, Orn Free something.

Anyone interested in Monsters Inc. on DVD they have it there for $28 something, the cheapest I've seen it around for.

Dax

Reaction score
Star Walking Inc. The Star Wars Appreciation Society of Australia are hosting a one day convention in Sydney Australia on Sunday the 20th of October. Star Walking is a non-profit organisation established since 1988 and is the longest running unofficial Star Wars fan club in the world.

A portion of money from the day will be donated to our nominated charity of Bear Cottage which is part of the Westmead Children's Hospital.

When: 20 October 2002
Time: 11am till 5:30pm
Where: Lidcombe Catholic Workmen's Club,
24 John Street,
Lidcombe,
Free parking available (entry via Church St)

Special Guests include Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli) and Zachariah Jensen (Kit Fisto) from Attack of the Clones.

Events include the group participation building of a Star Wars character with Lego bricks, Wizards of the Coast sponsored Star Wars Trading Card Game introductory sessions and tournament, the latest in computer and console games on display, displays by Hasbro, Wizards of the Coast and Lego, presentations on the latest toys and collectibles, Star Wars auction, Fan Films, competitions and more!

An excellent range of dealers will be at the convention with a wide range of all things Star Wars. Definately one event you don't want to miss!

Cost:

$15 Members
$20 Non-members
$40 Member families*
$50 Non-member families*

* A family is two adults and up to three children under the age of 15

Don't forget about the Magic of Myth Star Wars exhibition also currently on display in Sydney. Why not combine the two events for a total Star Wars weekend! The Magic of Myth is hosted by the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney and is open daily from 10am till 5pm every day. Come and see the exhibit on Saturday the 19th of October and then attend the Jedi-Con 2002 convention on Sunday the 20th of October.

Useful links:
http://www.starwalking.net
http://www.phm.gov.au/starwars/

Dax

Reaction score
More updates to the convention as they come through. The main item for the charity auction (all money from the charity auction will be donated to Bear Cottage) is an Attack of the Clones movie poster signed by Visual Effects Supervisor at ILM Ben Snow, Master Model maker Lorne Patterson of ILM and Anthony Daniels. The poster was kindly provided by the Powerhouse Museum, Bear Cottage and the gentlemen who signed it. Keep checking back for more updates and be sure to spread the word! The more people that come along the more fun everyone will have

Reaction score
I_Hollis, sorry to report I had no luck on the CC Obiwan front.....quite a few older figures still on the pegs here...just not that one.

I was sure I saw it recently though so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Also posted this at GH....just wanting to make sure it got you.

Status
Not open for further replies.