Anything New In Australia/NZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looks like we go Two Towers toys ou now as well. I don't buy LOTR toys but they did look very nice. My mate ie whenever he buys them.

They had 4 single figures and 3 two packs.

Also the new Unleashed should be out very oon too, but I already have Vader and they other 2 don't interest me so more stuff to skip. I may have a bit of money spare for the Gunship and Arena !!!

Dax

Reaction score
Well best you start saving those pennies now cause you're gonna need them soon! For those still looking TRU have the second wave of 12" figures in; Zam, Dooku and Super Battle Droid for $70 each I'm told.

In the next couple of weeks also at TRU you should expect to see the 12" Luke and Tauntaun for about $150 and the new, all improved Landspeeder as well (not sure of a price on this).

The Republic Gunship should be in stores early November just around the time that the promotion for the 25th anniversary R2 gets underway. At this stage it will be similar to the US run promotion where you buy a certain amount of Hasbro Star Wars merchandise (value yet to be determined) and receive the R2 for free. It has been confirmed that the DVD will NOT be involved in the promotion in any way, shape or form.

Also in November is the expected release of the 12" Bounty Hunters 2 assortment of Zuckuss, Dengar and Imperial Officer.

Of course, all around this we have more waves of Figures, Deluxe, Unleashed, Interactive R2, Arena playset... arrgghhhhh!!!! It's just too much good stuff

For those contemplating making it up to Sydney for the Magic of Myth exhibition plan for Saturday the 19th and then spend the following day at the Sydney Skyforce meeting. It's shaping up to be a big day with lots of cool stuff happening and as soon as we get some confirmations I can fill you all in on the details. Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
Just a quick note before I fall asleep at my desk here at work.
Last night (Magic of Myth opening) was pretty good. Anthony Daniels was great, the other speeches were pretty boring though.
Apparently there was supposed to be 800 people there, which wouldn't surprise me - the place was packed.
I was trooping around in my gear, millions of photos and even a couple of autographs for some kiddies

I am completely exhausted.
One pleasant surprise was in the store, where I picked up an Acklay for $15 - great price

Bespin Escape wants me to pass on this message - so ...... here it is:

"could you let the guys know on the boards about padme being available and thank Baron Yoda for me for the heads up about wollies
"

He found the Maul / Anakin/ Padme Pilot at Woolies in Penrith, so check at 'Little W'

Reaction score

Dax

Reaction score
Dude! What the hell are you doing bidding on a Sacul? I've been telling everyone for some time that us Aussies WILL get a chance to obtain this figure locally and it won't be by paying a stupid amount of money for it. Be patient and save your money

I also made it along to the opening of the MoM last night and it was great. Didn't get to chat with Anthony Daniels this time around but I did get to chat with Ben Snow and there were other people around associated with the films that I heard of. In a place packed with 800 people it's no wonder I didn't see many of them.

The exhibit itself is great and if you're a costumer or model builder then you'll be in heaven. Bring your camera and takes lots of piccies. The gift shop had some very nice looking mini-posters (about A4 size) and other miscellaneous stuff. Mostly your usual retail prices but there were the odd bargains like the Acklay already mentioned.

Don't forget, if your out of state then come up for the exhibit on the 19th and Star Walking on the 20th. I promise you won't regret it

G

From what I have read about MoM on here makes me more eager to go.

Just wondering are you allowed to take a camcorder in?

Cheers

Reaction score
Hey Padawan,

MoM is cool

Yes, you can take a camcorder in, which is good news.

See some of u tonight at the charity do

Reaction score
Went to see the MOM today and wasn't dissapointed one bit. It's superb, and I look forward to seeing it again.
I went at around 11am and the place was pretty full. Everyone looked as though they were having a great time, kids & adults alike.
I wasn't going to go into the SW shop but I thought I'd have a snoop around.
To my surprise, I found Padmé Pilot and Anakin TT @$16.00 each. Not to shabby.
They had quite alot of merchandise on sale.
$75.00 for a Yoda standee?
At that price you'd expect it to contribute to the housework or at least wash the dog.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reaction score
So what is it like to get pictures of the exhibit?hard/easy to get a clean pciture?what special displays did they have? How long did it take to browse thur the MoM? etc

More more more info please.
nice pictures too.

I am planning on going to see it on a weekday in November (once the crowds die down a bit)

[ 09-19-2002, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Mousedroid ]

Reaction score
Nice pics Mike............esp. the Snowtrooper.
Anyone else want to post pics of the exhibit.....please do so!!!
I can't wait 'til I get a chance to go over to have a squiz

Reaction score
Some things were kinda difficult to photograph due to everything being behind glass.
It was hard for me to find the right angle sometimes.
The exhibit itself was a little on the short side. I thought we were going to see more props and stuff. I was almost certain that the Jango costume would be there. But don't let this sound as If I'm down on it at all, It's beyond just really cool. It's actually breathtaking.
The very first thing you see is a Star Destroyer model. Man, you just want to take the damn thing home with you.
I was blown away by the size of the Interregation Droid from ANH. Huge
Zam's and Anakin's speeders are freakin' HUGE
There's a really cool lightsabre display. Well.....you'll just have to go see it to know exactly what I mean.
There's video screens in certain areas. There's even a chance for you to use the force and levetate Luke's X-Wing out of the Dagobah swamp.
It was good to see so many young children enjoying themselves. Some of their reactions to certain displays was simply astounding. Ahh to be young again
One thing I wasn't expecting to see, in the interactive room, there are the busts of Count Dooku and Yoda from the Jedi library scene.
It's quite a trip. I know I'm going back a second time......or maybe a thrid.

So, do not hesitate. Go this weekend. Well worth the $18.00 entry fee. I think if you're a member of the powerhouse museum, it's free.
Apart from the costumes and props, there are like documentary's playing in one screening room. Throughout the exhibit there are looped scenes on several screens, indicating which costume or prop was used in the film. The interactive gaming room with the Vader voice changer mask (no I did not have a go)
Oh!
I must mention three Jedi youngling costumes were also there on display. Very cool!

Hey! are these classified as vintage figures?

[ 09-19-2002, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Mike Sarantos ]

G

Hi All
Was at the MoM exhibition on Tuesday, very nice just a pity about the crowds.I managed to find some invites that were discarded on the night. so if anybody wants an official invite to the opening of the MoM exhibition (Which has been and gone)please email me as I have 2 to give away.
mbaron@vtown.com.au

Reaction score
Originally posted by Baron Yoda:
Hi All
Was at the MoM exhibition on Tuesday......
<font size="2" face="arial">And u didn't say hello??? I guess u didn't know who we were

My wife took photos with just a standard camera. Provided u shoot from an angle, the flash reflection shouldn't occur, you might get peoples images reflected from behind you though. The shots my wife took turned out fine.

Yes, they have the latest wave of figs which have also been hitting store shelves this week, so keep an eye out, but if you don't mind spending $16, then they have the Padme pilot wave.

My costume appearances are now over 'til next week, which is good as I am cactus. Amazing how much wearing those things and walking around does to you. I've been cramping up as I wake in the morning. And I'm supposed to be fit!!!

Was there a chat on Tuesday???

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike Sarantos:
The very first thing you see is a Star Destroyer model. Man, you just want to take the damn thing home with you.[/IMG]
<font size="2" face="arial">It could be arranged

What they look like Baron Yoda?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Mike Sarantos:
The very first thing you see is a Star Destroyer model. Man, you just want to take the damn thing home with you.[/IMG]
<font size="2" face="arial">It could be arranged

</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Hmmmm - I'd like to see that attempted. It took like 10 guys to put it there. And would be at least 6ft by 3ft in it's glass cabinet.
Seeing that attempted would surely make Funny Home Videos - or perhaps a new show - Worlds dumbest criminals!!

G

Yes Pics of the invites would make it much easier, forgive me, it has been a hard day.If you want to email me I will send an image as I am unsure of how to attach images to the posts.

G

Woah! Those pics from the Magic of the Myth look awesome guys!
I'll be going probably jan/feb sometime next year.
Hope to catch up with dover and dax and all the other sydney guys!

Been pretty quite star wars wise for me lately. Just got my lego boba fetts slave 1 that I won off ebay for $40.00 plus $10.00 shipping. So I paid $50.00 for it all up. Is this a good price for this set? How much did it go for at retail?

Anyways it looks awesome with my other lego classic trilogy sets that I have. Little lego boba looks so cute!

Still after the following sets -

Landspeeder
Escape pod
A-wing
B-wing
Snowspeeder
X-wing
Millenium falcon

If anyone has some of these and wants to sell them to me or knows somewhere that still has them then drop me a line!

Cheers!

PS.

12 inch Count Dooku is fricken awesome! Go get it!

Dax

Reaction score
Ah... I saw Baron Yoda at the MoM on Tuesday but I didn't realise that was your screen name. I didn't get a chance to chat but I did wave hello when you were lining up
Good to see you in the forums mate!

Adam, you can cross that X-wing off your list now. Managed to pick one up from the shop at the end of the MoM tour for you. Drop me a line and we can work out the details

Reaction score
Hey Adam buzz me some mail i think i have that landspeeder set lying about somewhere if i do it's yours

G

Store report
TRU Moorepark

Mauled down to TRU Maulpark this maulning. Saw they had a bin full of....mauley mauley mauley mauley mauls!

there were lots of TA Anakin and CA Padme as well. Found a couple of Yodas in the bin also.

G

Went to Hurstville Target, TRU and K-Mart yesterday.

Target nothing as usual.

TRU had nothing new but I noticed that all the Vader Unleashed I saw last time were snapped up.

K-Mart had nothing new.

I want Mauley too...

G

Hey Padawan Learner,

Not to worry, they probably show up at your TRU soon. Not sure about yours, but my TRU gets new stock every friday afternoon. Usually the SW stuff comes every 2 weeks.

Anyway, Maul looks good. However, his pose makes him appear very short. Other than that, he's a real horny beast! Yeah, baby, YEAH!!

G

Just recently found this forum...thought I'd join in

Just got back from my local TRU with some mixed results...

The good: Found dregs of Padme, Maul & Anakin - all damaged cards, so I asked one of the TRU chicks and managed to find a helpful one! She went out the back and came back with a sealed case for me to go through!
Walked away with the 3 new figs on monty minty cards...

The Bad: The X-Wing has gone up again and you now get very little change from six orange bits of plastic ($120)!!
Can anyone shed any light on why this slow moving item is going up in price every few weeks?

Cheers!

G

Went to Broadway K-Mart, nothing new and its been like that for more than a month and a half.

Went past Powerhouse but didn't go in though as I had to do some business in the CBD. Saw some of the banners up for MoM. So close but no cigar

Hoping to go late next week.

In the next few weeks the pre-order forms for AOTC on DVD and Video are most likely to pop up so keep an eye out for those at K-Mart, Target etc.

Well back to waiting for my horny beast to arrive at my local K-mart or TRU.

Cheers

[ 09-21-2002, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Padawan Learner ]

GNT

Reaction score
Anyone a bit disappointed with MoM?

Not really many props from AOTC, 6 suits in total(3 younglings,Zams Suit,Anakin suit with cape and Padmes tight white suit) otherwise the speeders are pretty impressive
. How could they have left out the best suit of them all,Jango?

Its still good to finally see some props and all

Reaction score
Found a very strange find today.

It was a Acklay with a old POTJ figure attached to it. The figure was attached to the Acklay box by being suction wrapped and it had a sticker on the outside ( I think ) but can't remember what it said. Also it was the same price as the normal acklay. Thought it was a interesting find , has anyone else heard or seen them ?

G

Holy Cow,

GNT is less than 90 posts away from Emperor.
Is it time to run for the hills yet?

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Incom-T65:
Holy Cow,

GNT is less than 90 posts away from Emperor.
Is it time to run for the hills yet?
<font size="2" face="arial">Yes...run,run from the soon to be Emperor

stylie_steve,the store could just be trying to get rid of olde stock?

Reaction score
90 posts - GNT will be emperor this time tomorrow
lol

Don't forget GNT that MoM also has the assassin droid and the Jedi busts from the library. They were very limited as to what they could get from ep2 (basically had to be in the 'vault' at Fox in Sydney. Also, Sydney is the only place in the world that got AOTC stuff in MoM.

Having said that, there are other costumes I would like to have seen (ie a couple of cantina aliens, Luke's Bespin gear and Leia's ceremonial dress just to name a few).

G

So GNT, to celebrate your ascension, maybe you could tell us more about yourself? Maybe even post a pic?

Reaction score
maybe GNT could have his own exhibit at MoM to celebrate the landmark?

but those pics look great. cannot wait to see it.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the MoM pics guys...I have to say I am very envious of you Sydney dwellers about now. Makes me kind of want to kick myself for not moving up there in the end. Still I will make the effort to see the exhibit before it's over. Hey Red5 you want to pick me up on your way through?..

I love the idea of GNT posting a pic of himself to commemorate his Emperorship...though I'd say the odds on that are slim to none.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Greejo:
I love the idea of GNT posting a pic of himself to commemorate his Emperorship...though I'd say the odds on that are slim to none.
<font size="2" face="arial">Well first I'd have to buy a quality camera then buy a scanner that actually works (the present one I've gone is terrible

Once we get rid of that MoM tour thing,it'll be replaced by the GnT tour at $26 bucks a ticket for entry

G

Anyone seen that ad about a Star Wars competition in association with SHARP on NSW Public Buses? Just wondering what the heck do you win if you enter?

I saw in the Sunday papers yesterday that there will be workshops and activities held at MoM during the NSW School Holidays.

Jedi hair braid workshop. All ages. Wed to Fri, 10am to 12:30 pm and Sat and Sun Oct 5 and 6, 10am to 11:30am.

Build a robot. Build Star Wars robots with Lego using computer software. Ages 10 and up. Tues and Thurs, 10:30am to 12:30am.

Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast. Playing by yourself or with friends or family. Ages 12 and up. Mon, Wed and Fri 10:30am to 12:30pm.

Movies each Sunday from Oct 27th, One Star Wars Movie will be screened at Powerhouse.

Music Video Producer: One-day course teaches digital video production etc. Price $45 Ages 13 and up

Cheers

Maybe we can get Uncle George to fly down to OZ so he can see GNT become Emperor

[ 09-23-2002, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Padawan Learner ]

Status
Not open for further replies.