Anything New In Australia!!! - 2014

GNT

Reaction score
Probably just an old case they might've had that was never put out. I did see that Vintage/Lost packaging line the other week. Would be nice to see other figures :p

Reaction score
It's getting to the stage again, where retail has become a joke.
At the Big W down the road from where I work, I've noticed a Black Series price hike by $1.00.
That stock has been sitting there for several months, gathering dust.

They've still got Breha Organa's on the pegs for $10.00.
That's absolutely pathetic to see six year old stock STILL on the pegs.
Should have been thrown into the clearance trolley years ago.

Reaction score
UPDATE: The Breha Organa's (or are they Gargan's?) are now $6.00. :rolleyes:
They have restocked with TBS 3.75" Wave #2 as well

Hasbro's TBS 3.75" Wave #1 & #2 hits retail hard, then Wave #3 trickles out in very small numbers.
Once Wave #3 disappears, they start shipping Waves #1 & #2 again!!!
Does anyone else find this frustrating?

GNT

Reaction score
Just found out that selected cinemas are planning to do Star Wars marathons for the May the 4th be with you weekend. Probably the last time that the OT and PT could be on the big screen.

Anyone thinking of going?

Reaction score
UPDATE: The Breha Organa's (or are they Gargan's?) are now $6.00. :rolleyes:
They have restocked with TBS 3.75" Wave #2 as well

Hasbro's TBS 3.75" Wave #1 & #2 hits retail hard, then Wave #3 trickles out in very small numbers.
Once Wave #3 disappears, they start shipping Waves #1 & #2 again!!!
Does anyone else find this frustrating?

Just found out that selected cinemas are planning to do Star Wars marathons for the May the 4th be with you weekend. Probably the last time that the OT and PT could be on the big screen.

Reaction score

Edit: Do we know if 3D or just 2D?

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
It'll be just 2D. I don't think they ever got around to doing the OT in 3D, it was only just EP1 and AOTC (was shown in 3D at a US con only) that have been done in 3D.

The bigger question is what version of the OT films will be seeing? Original? SE? I think they did something for the first DVD release (???) then they touched up things further for the blu rays.

Reaction score
Well at least in Ethiopia you'd be able to find plenty of Bounty Hunters, just not the ones you're looking for.

GNT

Reaction score
Anyone else Star Warsed out from this weekend? I know I am after sitting through all the movies yesterday and today!

Interesting to see the blu-ray versions of the films on the big screen, I don't think they've aired on the big screen anywhere in the world besides us = super cool. Plenty of boos for Hayden at the end of ROTJ.

Wish they gave out free figures (maybe store pegwarmers) instead of the arm bands lol

Reaction score
It was a complete success, according to the guy who announced the screenings.
Where were the 501st at the George Street screenings? I was expecting to see more 'authentic' costumes.

GNT

Reaction score
The cinema I was in was packed, maybe only like 5 free seats for the entire OT session however the PT on sat had plenty of room to sit lol. Even though we've got them all on DVD/Bluray seeing the entire Star Wars films on the big screen in numerical order was pretty awesome because you notice the smaller details that connect the films a bit better. Now I have a sore back and will be a hermit for a few days :p

Reaction score
Went to the OT sesh yesterday at Broadway and it was apparently sold out! Nice to see ESB on big screen as I'd seen the other two when they were re-released back in the 90s (?), even if it is the 'special' editions. Cinema should probably have organised the crowd a bit better though, with no allcoated seating the queue fell to *** when the doors opened, but lucky I was towards the front and didn't get shafted. Felt sorry for the people who lined up but got shoved to the back in the process.

Hayden getting booed at the end of ROTJ was funny, poor ******bag.

Reaction score
Did you guys get to see Dave Filoni's video message introducing the Star Wars Rebels teaser trailer before ANH screened?

Reaction score
He just explained who he was and wished everyone a happy #MayThe4th - then introduced the Rebels teaser clip.

Reaction score
Had this girl sitting next to me dressed up as Padme in her AOTC white jumpsuit.

Was an exact replica of the costume, looked awesome. She even had her hair done the same.

Pity she had her husband sitting next to her dressed up as Anakin though.

Man she was a total babe. I should have brought my fx master replicas lightsaber to duel Anakin for Padme as he had his fx master replicas lightsaber ready for combat. LOL!

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Where I saw the OT people were actually cheering when Hayden appeared at the end.

Weird!
You must of been in a bizarro cinema lol it was funny to hear everyone boo at him then 2 seconds later when the credits roll everyone cheer and clap lol

Went to the OT sesh yesterday at Broadway and it was apparently sold out! Nice to see ESB on big screen as I'd seen the other two when they were re-released back in the 90s (?), even if it is the 'special' editions. Cinema should probably have organised the crowd a bit better though, with no allcoated seating the queue fell to *** when the doors opened, but lucky I was towards the front and didn't get shafted. Felt sorry for the people who lined up but got shoved to the back in the process.
thats why Hoyts suck, you just sit anywhere but at least with greater union/events they do the seating arrangement so you can choose where you want to sit. So no matter if you arrive late you still get your seat :)

Reaction score
You must of been in a bizarro cinema lol it was funny to hear everyone boo at him then 2 seconds later when the credits roll everyone cheer and clap lol

thats why Hoyts suck, you just sit anywhere but at least with greater union/events they do the seating arrangement so you can choose where you want to sit. So no matter if you arrive late you still get your seat :)

When I saw the prequels on Saturday you could sit anywhere due to the smaller crowd.

On Sunday though it was allocated seating due to the session being sold out.

Reaction score
LOL!

Yeah, I think I entered the Twilight Zone once I walked into that cinema. :whistling:

Reaction score
5 POA, but that's not what makes these cool - it's their large presence and affordability that makes these appealing.

Reaction score
I have the jumbo Vader but that's enough for me as the clones would just take up too much space and I'd rather use the space I do have left for my 4 inch vehicles.

Does anyone have any news of when the Black Series 6 inch Bespin Luke and Stormtrooper are hitting normal retail stores (K-mart, Big W) here? I don't have a Toy Kingdom around my parts.

I'm not bothering with the prequel Black Series 6 inch figures as I have them represented in 4 inch and 12 inch (Sideshow) so just the OT characters for me. B)

Reaction score
Wave #3 of The 6" Black Series (Stormtrooper, Bespin Luke and Obi Wan Kenobi) have been spotted at TRU and Target so far.
A small amount made it to retail early, but there will be a second shipment arriving within the next couple of weeks - so keep an eye out for them.
I got mine weeks ago from BBTS and will probably pick up a set of openers.....if I am lucky enough to find them at retail 'round here.

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a pic of the vintage Endor playset I won off eBay earlier on this year.

Is in awesome condition with all parts. B)

Always wanted this playset to put all my modern ewoks in.