Anything New In Australia!!! - 2014

GNT

Reaction score
New year, time for a new thread.

Post all the general 2014 news and finds here in this thread.

Any new years bargains?

Reaction score
Retail has been really slow these last few weeks.
I've not seen TBS 3.75" Wave #3 show up in great numbers, nor have I seen Wave #2 of Saga Legends.
Wave #2 6" TBS (Boba, Greedo, Leia, Solo) has shown up a few times at Big W
Mission Series Wave #2 has hit, but nothing else.

GNT

Reaction score
I just saw the new 2 packs (C3po/r2d2 and Han/Chewbacca wave) today. Haven't seen the seen the Saga Legends wave in huge numbers only twice, I returned the ones I had but want more stormies. It's pretty slow otherwise :(

Reaction score
QUOTE from Mike_S: Retail has been really slow these last few weeks.

You can say that again, Mike..
I went today to Westfield at Kotara, a large center here in Newcastle, and had a good browse through Toys 'R' Us, Kmart, Target and a few other smaller toy shops and found absolutely zip at each of them. I was actually shocked looking down the star wars aisle when seeing all the empty shelves there. Each store had about 3 black series 3.75" figure (Toysrus had 3 the same and nothing else), a few MS figures, VC X-Wing and considerable crap otherwise.. Honestly, I think the stockists here (in particular at toys..) need a foot up the rectum.. no wonder we buy online mostly..
In saying that, it make me wonder whether buying online has made some chains lazy in stocking product, having little confidence in over the counter sales.
For the record, I wasn't looking to buy unless I found certain figures, but was simply taken aback a bit due to empty shelves.. really... toys 'R' us looked really bad, the lego aisle was extremely non-existant also.. fingers crossed for the manager there reading this post. If you are, Mr. Manager, give yourself a swift kick up the backside.. please.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just had a thought; what if Hasbro Au close down at this time of year?
Might explain the lack of new stock at retail?

Reaction score
I gave up on retail ages ago.

Have had a couple of wins though with the vintage collection x-wing and black series 6 inch figure collection wave 2.

Apart from that its all online for me, retail can get stuffed! :whistling:

Reaction score
My last look in Kmart before I left Australia was pitiful there were no TBS figures and it said they were temp unavilable. Not looking good for wave 4.

Reaction score
Found mission series wave 2 for the first time in Brisbane today at Big W. $15 each. This is the first stock refresh I've seen since Christmas. Actually saw 2 6" Boba Fett's on the shelves at Target a few days ago. TRUs shelves haven't been re-stocked since before Xmas. It looks like a closing down sale. Maybe distribution will start up again soon. Would love to see the 6" wave-3 at retail soon, seeing as the case packs for this wave are virtually the same price as previous 4-figure waves but only include 3 new figures.

Reaction score
About the only thing I love about not being able to find anything at retail is that it forced me to buy everything I was missing such as Black Series wave 3 about a month ago loose off eBay for cheaper prices which included free shipping. :awesome:

Now I',m just playing catchup and filling a few holes in the collection such as just recently buying a Prototype mail away Boba Fett and I even bought a near loose mint ewok village for all my ewoks to live in since Hasbro are never going to make one. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone intrested in the vintage droid set (power droid etc.) there's a heap of them here in KL, I can pick one up for trade bait..

Reaction score
BigW has some figures for $5.00 each..?? Im more of a vintage guy but the new Gamorrean Guard is mega detailed - and for 5 bucks..??

AB

Reaction score
HI Mike_S,

Compare these days with all the old pics in the vintage section of Toy Stores in 1977 - 1985 ..!!!

Now i cant find more than 10 - 15 figures on pegs anywhere??

AB

GNT

Reaction score
BigW has some figures for $5.00 each..?? Im more of a vintage guy but the new Gamorrean Guard is mega detailed - and for 5 bucks..??

AB
They got either the lost line in (vintage and Lost line packaging) or the Gamorrean Guard wave in, I'd army build the Gamorrean guards had they shown up here.

Reaction score
Maybe late letting you all know, but today my son and I went to Toys'R Us and found all lego to be discounted 20%. Jumped on a new UCS X-Wing Red 5,

saved around 50-60 on the purchase.. they had 3 only in stock of that item.
K-Mart actually had some of the Black Series 2 6" (Leia is frighteningly horrible!! Hasbro--What are you doing?!!), and some 3.75" for retail price. Was happy to grab the one and only Mara Jade.. no Plagueis sadly.

Looks like some stock starting to filter back in.. Toy's R Us is still stock poor in general star wars.. other than new lego rolling out, nothing new.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really like the Black Series 6 inch Slave Leia, its a solid figure IMO and I'm happy with the likeness.

Each to their own I guess though.....

Reaction score
They got either the lost line in (vintage and Lost line packaging) or the Gamorrean Guard wave in, I'd army build the Gamorrean guards had they shown up here.

HI GNT,

My local BigW has just restocked the $5.00 section - now theres the Rebel Trooper, Han Bespin outfit , an Ewok - Not too bad for $5.00...??

Cheers, AndrewB

Reaction score
I just went back and bought a Wedge Antilles- Also that Dr *****, Whos arm got cut off in the cantina.......

Like i said , for $5.00..??

Not a special - just BigW normal pricing...!!

AB

Reaction score
There's something new coming all the time.. just when it arrives is something I can't foretell..

Have been waiting for the 31" Jakks Clones to arrive on our shores here.. Can anyone tell me if they've hit the retail floor yet, or have I just missed them (Vader disappeared vey quickly here in Newcastle)..?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I found one lone TVC Aayla Secura @ my local Big W this week,grabbed it cause it was so cheap and never know someone might want it for a trade at some point in the future.

Reaction score
I sent an email to Hasbro Australia asking when wave 3 would hit retail in Australia. They gave me this reply. "There are plans for the distribution of this wave in August/ September 2014". That is a long time time to wait considering New Zealand and the rest of the world are getting them now.

Reaction score
Hasbro Australia supply NZ with all of their Star Wars stock.
They have no idea how to evenly distribute this line, and simply do not care.
It's just like any other job I guess, where employees simply do not want to be there and cannot wait until it's time to leave.

If ever you were wondering where these items ended up, Hasbro Australia sent them ALL to New Zealand!
The fact that we have to wait until August/September for new stock is simply lamentable.
Someone needs to put a huge boot up the rear end, of Hasbro Australia and do it now!

Reaction score
They sure do need a boot up the backside. Do they not realise that Australia is a much bigger market than New Zealand? It just makes no sense!

Reaction score
l doubt that they care.
They probably figure adult collectors will order from overseas. Hasbro Australia only care about selling crap plastic Lightsabers to five year olds.

Reaction score
As a collector is it really worth buying anything in Australia, surely the time and effort put into searching for this stuff and being disappointed is just not worth it, wouldnt it be better to buy bulk from OS, it just sounds not worth the effort, although i agree the hunt and chase can be fun, as long as theres something at the end of the chase to make it worth it,

Reaction score
BIg W has got various newish figures etc for $5.00 at the moment , Guys...!!

Must be a clearout..??

AB