Anything New In Australia!!! - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys new vintage X-WING spotted at Toys r us. Price-$99.95, will anyone be picking this up?? (I will be soon)
Not unless it comes down in price but now that I know it's ever so slightly longer in the nose it may be hard for me to say yes to this as I would rather get the previous version such as Red Leader or Red 2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your probably right there Mike_S, I will cave soon enough. So does anyone have Bigg's Droid? I'm spewing I missed it.

Reaction score
Get down to your local Big W stores guys. There you will find TVC figures for only $5.00.
Seems to be either the lost line wave, or the Han Bespin, Gammy Guard wave.
Either way, we aren't going to get an opportunity like this again, so make the most of it;

Reaction score
Get down to your local Big W stores guys. There you will find TVC figures for only $5.00.
Seems to be either the lost line wave, or the Han Bespin, Gammy Guard wave.
Either way, we aren't going to get an opportunity like this again, so make the most of it;

[/QUOTE

Cool I could do with a few more sandtroopers and I missed that Vader too

Reaction score
$5.00 each for TVC and Lost Line figures Mike????? :eek:

Pitty I'll never see a deal like that at the Big W's down here in Melbourne. :whistling:

Reaction score
Hmmm.

Down here where I live in the outer rim (Melbourne) they aren't starting that Big W vintage figure sale till this Saturday and for only one day only. :rolleyes:

I might go down there Friday after work to see what figures they have and then go down first thing Saturday morning and snap a few up. :awesome:

I'd love to grab a few Gamorrean Guards for $5.00 for my Jabbas Palace cardboard playset and I'd get a set of the lost line figures to keep carded (already have Leia as I'm starting a Leia focus in my collection)

Will definitely grab a few more clones for army builders and to help man my AT-TE and Turbo tank plus Gunship. B)

Looking forward to seeing what figures they have. :awesome:

Reaction score
It's starting to look like stores are getting either the lost line wave, or the Gamorrean Guard wave -- not both. Sydney seems to have the Lost line wave and no gammy!

GNT

Reaction score
I went in today and managed to find a few, picked up a couple Sandtroopers for the collection.

Reaction score
Thanks to all who gave a heads up about this! Got a good haul of Gammies, 501st Clones, Rebel Troopers and Arc Trooper Commander's in Big W Stafford. Plenty of Han Bespin, Barriss Offee and Logray's too.

$5 is a great price but you have to wonder what is going on when TPM wave peg warmers have been sitting around for months at $17. It's ridiculous that Hasbro or the retailers can't communicate to us whether we're going to get these figures and when. I wouldn't mind waiting 6 months if I knew they'd be available at retail for a reasonable price, rather than paying through the nose to buy off U.S. Ebay sellers.

Reaction score
Ok so I went to my local Big W after work today to see if they had the vintage collection and lost line wave figures there.

Low and behold they had them there and for $5.00 o-o

So much for the catalog that I got in the mail stating that they weren't going to be on sale for $5.00 till Saturday and for Saturday only. :rolleyes:

To top it off there was only one measly peg there which had the figures on it and nearly half the peg had been striped. :whistling:

I managed to pick up a vintage collection sandtrooper, shocktrooper and a Bespin Leia for my Leia focus which I've stuck in a star case. I also picked up the lost line Jar Jar and Darth Vader. B)

I spoke to some Asian girl who was working there and she was telling me that they had more of the figures out the back and that they had a whole pallet of them! :awesome:

The Asian girl then spoke to another woman that was working there about the vintage figures and she said that after they close tonight they will be putting more of the vintage figures out and to come back in the morning. B)

I'll be there first thing 8:30am tomorrow morning when they open to see what other figures I can grab and then I'll head off to work. LOL!

Really want some more clone troopers, sandtroopers, some gamorrean guards, another Bespin Han Solo or 2 and the 2 clonetroopers and sandtrooper on the lost line cards to complete my lost line set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to all who gave a heads up about this! Got a good haul of Gammies, 501st Clones, Rebel Troopers and Arc Trooper Commander's in Big W Stafford. Plenty of Han Bespin, Barriss Offee and Logray's too.

$5 is a great price but you have to wonder what is going on when TPM wave peg warmers have been sitting around for months at $17. It's ridiculous that Hasbro or the retailers can't communicate to us whether we're going to get these figures and when. I wouldn't mind waiting 6 months if I knew they'd be available at retail for a reasonable price, rather than paying through the nose to buy off U.S. Ebay sellers.

What a first up post! :awesome:

Totally agree with everything you said and I am just as annoyed that its taken so damn long for all these vintage collection figures that are getting flogged off for $5.00 to show up now. :rolleyes:

I blame it on those EP1 vintage collection figures too. It was crazy with the amount of them that I saw in my kmarts and Big W. It was the second coming of 1999 for me where I lived just seeing swarms and swarms of the bloody things choking the pegs and stopping new figure waves to show up.

Hasbro Australia needs a good ar5e kicking in my opinion. They are the definition of completely hopeless and an utter joke! :(

Hasbro Australia must be communicating with all the stores throughout Australia by either homing pigeon or paper cup to paper cup with a long string attached because all the bazillions of EP1 figures were living proof of that! :twisted:

Reaction score
Took a photo of my 2 new black series stormtroopers that I got from Dorkside Toys with one of my Chewbacca figures standing on my Deathstar cinema scene.

I thought it turned out pretty good in the end. B)

Last edited:
Reaction score
. I wouldn't mind waiting 6 months if I knew they'd be available at retail for a reasonable price, rather than paying through the nose to buy off U.S. Ebay sellers.

I go and buy a vintage collection Bespin Leia carded off eBay for $11.99 and a Bespin Han Solo off another seller for $14.00 as I'd never seen Leia in the stores before and Han only once which I grabbed.

Now you can get them for $5.00 at Big W.

Yay me! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Newcastle (Jesmond) store still has them at $16 each... I don't know why the promotion sale is not happening here?! Went today with money in hand but left with a mere 3-pack of kinder surpise... :(
Gonna call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up all the same. That's the sort of thing that seperates this forum site from many others.. Many brothers, and the odd sister!
Good luck grabbing the specials guys!

Reaction score
Went to my local Big W before work and they pulled out about 8 boxes full of figures for me.

Unfortunately it was just the Jar Jar/Bespin Leia/Vader wave so no extra Gamorrean Guards or Han Solo Bespin figures for me. :(

I did however manage to get a mint set of the Lost Line straight out of the box, 4 sandtroopers and 4 Clonetrooper Ltnts.

Not a bad haul in the end. B)

Reaction score
Anyone want to trade a Leia Bespin for one of my Gammies, 501st Clones or Rebel Troopers? Just had an Ebay sale fall through for it and we don't seem to have this wave in Brisbane.

Went back to the same Big W today and the rack of VC figures that was in the middle of the aisle yesterday was gone! I don't think they were all sold, just removed. Maybe they were put out earlier than they should have been? Just a few of the VC wave left in the regular Star Wars section. Weird! Might check it out tomorrow to see if they reappear.

For those wondering about Hasbro Australia and distribution; I recently returned from working in London for Disney's video game division. Though it was the European head office, we handled distribution of the Australian market because it's so small compared to others. Part of the distribution role there was to put the multi-lingual stickers on the back for various European countries (saves money over printing cardbacks for individual countries. Seeing as our figures have those ugly stickers on the back, I'd bet Hasbro EMEA is handling the Australian market and if it's anything like Disney, they don't give a **** about what we get.

Reaction score
Wow! How popular was this sale?
I got a couple from BigW Charlestown and then decided to call Jesmond store to find out why they had none on sale. I was then told they did so I had him check and he came back with a "Yep, 43 of them on the rack now". I jumped in my car and was there in 10 minutes, seriously, 10 minutes. When I got to the aisle, all were gone!! I spoke with the nice fella whom I spoke with over the phone and he told me somebody came and took them all in one haul 5 minutes before I got there.. "no kidding?" I asked..lol

Anyways, he checked out back for but alas, no more... but... he then showed me a little secluded spot where there were a few remaining warming pegs near the front entry, where, I guess, Mr. Greedybags, who took all other 43 in a fell swoop, must have missed.
I got the last 7 (1 of each) figures from the line that I didn't get at charlestown (making my overall haul 9 figures - one of each from what was available), leaving a lonely 2 figures there for whomever was the latecomer after me..

I reckon the $5 pricetag for these figures to be exceptionally welcolming.
Thanks to Mike S for firstly bringing it to my attention, Dean1700 for correcting me when I couldn't find them at Jesmond firstly, and rebelscum forums for providing the vehicle for me to find out about this unmissable sell off.
Below is a photo of my small haul,

If anybody has a spare #3 and #6 from the lost line, and/or a Darth Vader (lightning bolted) from the TVC sale and wish to sell, please let me know. Perhaps we can work something out..

GNT

Reaction score
I visited 3 stores and managed to buy a few (and still left plenty for the people coming afterwards), I figured I could build some armies and open some figures for display. Wish they had the Gamorrean Guards though....

Buying 43 is excessive but I'd expect for that person to be flogging them on Ebay shortly and if not, will return them.

Reaction score
Wow! How popular was this sale?
I got a couple from BigW Charlestown and then decided to call Jesmond store to find out why they had none on sale. I was then told they did so I had him check and he came back with a "Yep, 43 of them on the rack now". I jumped in my car and was there in 10 minutes, seriously, 10 minutes. When I got to the aisle, all were gone!! I spoke with the nice fella whom I spoke with over the phone and he told me somebody came and took them all in one haul 5 minutes before I got there.. "no kidding?" I asked..lol

Anyways, he checked out back for but alas, no more... but... he then showed me a little secluded spot where there were a few remaining warming pegs near the front entry, where, I guess, Mr. Greedybags, who took all other 43 in a fell swoop, must have missed.
I got the last 7 (1 of each) figures from the line that I didn't get at charlestown (making my overall haul 9 figures - one of each from what was available), leaving a lonely 2 figures there for whomever was the latecomer after me..

I reckon the $5 pricetag for these figures to be exceptionally welcolming.
Thanks to Mike S for firstly bringing it to my attention, Dean1700 for correcting me when I couldn't find them at Jesmond firstly, and rebelscum forums for providing the vehicle for me to find out about this unmissable sell off.
Below is a photo of my small haul,

If anybody has a spare #3 and #6 from the lost line, and/or a Darth Vader (lightning bolted) from the TVC sale and wish to sell, please let me know. Perhaps we can work something out..
Hey Pete, they still have plenty of the ones you're looking for at Greenhills and Raymo if you can get over there.

Reaction score
Wow I bought Barris and Secura for their lightsaber hilts and cloak, No lost line wave at my local Bigw's…:(

Reaction score
What figures are you after from the Lost Line Wave?

There are collectors down here that will gladly trade with you man.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind another Bespin Leia on the Lost Line card but it has to be a mint card.

I have one but her dress is a bit messed up between her legs in the packaging. :rolleyes:

I have a mint on card Lost Line Vader, Lost Line Jar Jar or a CloneTrooper Sgnt or Sandtrooper to trade if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Im after a lost line vader and a sand trooper for an opener. I have a lost line leia but the card's not mint..

Reaction score
I have enough of those figures you guys have mentioned already, but if you have paypal - PM me and I will grab the figures you need.
Do it quickly, these figures usually sell out fast!

Reaction score
Saw a bunch of these big 31" Darth Vaders at Target Chermside for the first time today. $49. I was tempted but if they come out with more, I'd have to buy a much bigger house! :grin:

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.