Anything New In Australia!!! - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNT

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to buy the gentle giant 12' jumbo kenner figures in sydney, has anybody ever seen them in a shop?
I live in Potts Point in the city, so id love to find a shop in the city that sells them, it will save me 30 +bucks postage from the states
Hobbyco in the city will be your best bet.

Reaction score
Just out of interest peeps, there seems to be a lot of you that spend a lot of time looking for the figures you want in sydney, why dont you just shop online in the states where the figures are cheaper and you can just buy big lots so the postage is cheaper.
I understand its heaps of fun looking for figures, but certainly the harder ones it would make sence buying them from the states to save you heaps of time and energy, cheers

Reaction score
Just out of interest peeps, there seems to be a lot of you that spend a lot of time looking for the figures you want in sydney, why dont you just shop online in the states where the figures are cheaper and you can just buy big lots so the postage is cheaper.
I understand its heaps of fun looking for figures, but certainly the harder ones it would make sence buying them from the states to save you heaps of time and energy, cheers
Some of us do order online, I got the final wave from BBTS and saved some dollars, most of us are searching for openers though..

Reaction score
I don't mate, there must be a embargo on these lines reaching Melbourne! I've capitulated an bought some loose off eBay.
I've bought all my waves off eBay, have given up on Aussie retail ages ago dude! I only need to get the Bespin Leia wave and Nien Numb wave and then I'm all done. Will get them off eBay soon too off a seller I know. :)

Reaction score
ToysRus online in the states now ships direct to Australia, which I found pretty cool with the first wave of class 1 vehicle packs. I probably had one of the first blue attack dropships in the country a week after christmas! Buy one, get one free is a pretty good deal as well, considering the preposterous prices we get charged at retail here. I've amassed quite a collection over the last 3 or 4 years, almost entirely off ebay, but toysrus.com finally shipping to our region is a welcome change, even if it's probably too late for me as I don't intend to keep collecting for too much longer.

Reaction score
Ok, speaking of Scalpers R Us, here's something I've found down Melbourne way over the summer..

Yep, they're those mini vehicles which everyone seems to be trashing. However whenever there's a special, I plan to get that mini Jedi Starfighter which seems in scale with my Big CW Slave 1 - IMHO. Here's the ROTJ speeder bike and scout trooper pack..

and check out this crap at Kmart, and there's heaps of them!!! It probably wouldn't have been the same if these were the Bespin Battle packs..:\

I saw these a while back in BigW, the dewback looked promising but costly..

But recently, more of those mini vehicles at the similar price as Scalpers R Us, but in Kmart

and now what you've been all hanging out for like a man without water...

come on, I know you want to buy multiples, one loose and tens more in mint package..:wtf:

Reaction score
The only things in those photos that are worthwhile are the speeder bike and dewback. All the rest of it belongs in a dumpster bin! :disgusted::disgusted:

Last edited:
Reaction score
As horrid as they are my son would LOVE that clone trooper so I'll likely pick one up:grin:
Gee Anakin doesn't look too flash :disgusted:

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
The only things in those photos that are worthwhile are the speeder bike and dewback. All the rest of it belongs in a dumpster bin! :disgusted::disgusted:
I'm not touching any of it, maybe the 3 pack if it goes much cheaper but otherwise a lot of items to pass on :p

Reaction score
I picked up a speeder bike for my son for xmas and it's pretty cool, the stand is nice too

Reaction score
Love the speederbike set FWJ. They are one of Hasbro's finest pieces of work of recent I reckon. Looks really cool on the stand too. I have three of them and Luke and Leia are on one of them chasing a Scout Trooper on his. Time for another photo. LOL! :awesome:

Reaction score
Yeah keep up the photos, I got two speederbikes, shame about the joints on the scout, why are they black and not white?? Did anyone get the ewok pack at TRU? I did but it was costly. All that new Yoda packaged stuff is rubbish..

Reaction score
I got the Ewok and Pilots pack off eBay Lord Kain for about $85.00 total. Not too bad a price. How much was the Ewok pack over here in TRU's dare I ask? :disgusted:

Reaction score
I cant remember if it was $69 or $60. How is the pilots pack? They never bought it out here and I couldnt be bothered with ebay

Reaction score
The pilots pack is pretty good Lord Kain. It comes with a nice articulated re-sculpt of Porkins and his R5 droid. Also comes with a couple of the x-wing gold pilots and a tie fighter pilot. Worth picking up if you can get it for around $40.00-$50.00.

GNT

Reaction score
Heads up for anyone that collects Hallmark Christmas ornaments I've seen 4 different ones at Target:

Ewoks 2 pack
Endor AT-ST
Jango Fett
LEGO Yoda

Not sure on the prices but I'm sure they'll be between $20-$25 a piece.

Reaction score
I have no comprehension why anybody would buy any modern starwars stuff in Australia with our shameful prices, just get on the net and order in bulk.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
The mission series and saga legend figures are now out. The individual figures are $10 and 2 packs just under $16 each. Very affordable for those that are interested in these figures :)

Reaction score
The mission series and saga legend figures are now out. The individual figures are $10 and 2 packs just under $16 each. Very affordable for those that are interested in these figures :)

Big pass from me.

Not interested in that junk.

Just hope the kids are. :whistling:

GNT

Reaction score
I'll be selective on the ones I buy but not all of them are bad, Yoda, Super Battle Droid, Jango and some of the upcoming figures like C-3PO and Stormtrooper are still pretty decent for what they are.

Reaction score
I'll be selective on the ones I buy but not all of them are bad, Yoda, Super Battle Droid, Jango and some of the upcoming figures like C-3PO and Stormtrooper are still pretty decent for what they are.

I just think any figure created now that is not super articulated is pointless.

Its like going back before the wheel was created by cavemen... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Remember guys, these figures with five POA were designed to appeal to little kids and parents on a budget.

The kids are welcome to them.

I just hope they don't rot on the pegs and stop future assortments of the Black Series showing up.

Then again I don't really care about the Black Series packaging and bought the figures I wanted from the first wave off eBay cheaper then what they will ever be over here anyways. :rolleyes:

GNT

Reaction score
At a cheaper price they should move quicker for the parents on a budget. They aren't all as bad as some people think though, they have that vintage charm to them as if the vintage figures never ended but I will only be picking up the ones that look decent for the collection. I might consider buying more if Kmart has a 25% off sale on Star Wars figures :p

Reaction score
Picked up the new Ewok assault catapult set at TRU Aspley. Marked at $34.99 but got it for $27.99 with this weekend's 20% discount. No sign of the Imperial scanning crew though.

Reaction score
I also picked up an Ewok Assault Catapult set last week, found mine at TRU Garden City so it looks like they've hit across Brisbane. Very happy to find it! It looks great and whilst the Ewoks may seem obscure I got a real kick out of discovering both Chubbray and Stenzee appear in the original Return of the Jedi Storybook! I've had this book since I was 6 years old and it still has the propensity to blow my mind.

Chubbray (Patchy) Is standing behind C-3PO when all the Ewoks are crowding around him after they are caught in the net.
Stemzee (Bluey) appears on the following page carrying the front of C-3PO's throne as they travel across a rope bridge with the rebel prisoners. You can clearly make out his blue hood and pale stripes. Star Wars truly is the gift that keeps on giving!

Also happy to report I took the last 2 Black Series figs on the shelves at K-Mart Garden City (Biker Scout and Biggs). Always glad to find them in the stores and it is always a good sign when they sell through quickly.

On a side note I went to a Star Wars garage sale I read about in an news article. Mainly stuff from the 80's and 90's but I managed to score a vintage lavender apron Ugnaught, tan cloak Squid Head and Desert Sail Skiff mini-rig for $30 and a Death Star Escape playset w/Removeable Bridge which whilst it's an old toy I had a lot of fun putting it together and fits in seemlessly with my existing display especially with the relatively recent Luke Skywalker Death Star Escape figure doing his swingy thing.
Topped off the bounty with a Bumblebee Man figure!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also picked up an Ewok Assault Catapult set last week, found mine at TRU Garden City so it looks like they've hit across Brisbane. Very happy to find it! It looks great and whilst the Ewoks may seem obscure I got a real kick out of discovering both Chubbray and Stenzee appear in the original Return of the Jedi Storybook! I've had this book since I was 6 years old and it still has the propensity to blow my mind.

Chubbray (Patchy) Is standing behind C-3PO when all the Ewoks are crowding around him after they are caught in the net.
Stemzee (Bluey) appears on the following page carrying the front of C-3PO's throne as they travel across a rope bridge with the rebel prisoners. You can clearly make out his blue hood and pale stripes. Star Wars truly is the gift that keeps on giving!

Also happy to report I took the last 2 Black Series figs on the shelves at K-Mart Garden City (Biker Scout and Biggs). Always glad to find them in the stores and it is always a good sign when they sell through quickly.

On a side note I went to a Star Wars garage sale I read about in an news article. Mainly stuff from the 80's and 90's but I managed to score a vintage lavender apron Ugnaught, tan cloak Squid Head and Desert Sail Skiff mini-rig for $30 and a Death Star Escape playset w/Removeable Bridge which whilst it's an old toy I had a lot of fun putting it together and fits in seemlessly with my existing display especially with the relatively recent Luke Skywalker Death Star Escape figure doing his swingy thing.
Topped off the bounty with a Bumblebee Man figure!

Cool finds but whose Bumblebee man? From Masters of the Universe? o-o

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys new vintage X-WING spotted at Toys r us. Price-$99.95, will anyone be picking this up?? (I will be soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.