Anything New In Australia!!! - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss all the generic items in Australia in 2012!

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Found the figures with Maul glasses at Big W, nice to see this line under $10 a figure!

Reaction score
My friend from Sydney got me Rick Olle, Naboo Pilot and Mawhonic.

GNT did you see Aura Sing, Tusken Raider and the droid that comes in this wave with the above mentioned figures?

I still haven't seen this wave down here in Melbourne, just the peg warming craptastic first wave with Maul, Vader, R2D2, etc. :disgusted:

GNT

Reaction score
My friend from Sydney got me Rick Olle, Naboo Pilot and Mawhonic.

GNT did you see Aura Sing, Tusken Raider and the droid that comes in this wave with the above mentioned figures?

I still haven't seen this wave down here in Melbourne, just the peg warming craptastic first wave with Maul, Vader, R2D2, etc. :disgusted:
Yeah saw all of the figures with glasses but didn't buy them all, i have enough Tuskens so I left that one. I did pick up Aurra and the droid :)

Reaction score
Yeah saw all of the figures with glasses but didn't buy them all, i have enough Tuskens so I left that one. I did pick up Aurra and the droid :)

Which Big W store did you see them at GNT? I'm having trouble finding new figures at retail.

GNT

Reaction score
Movie heroes wave 2 are out at Target

They aayla CW wave with obi wan and commando clone is out at kmart and target :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am wondering if anybody in Australia could help me out with finding something. I am after the new Spiderman 3 pack from K-Mart and its an Australia exclusive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if any red bandana Kithabas show up I'm looking for that figure as well.

Thanks for reading

-Jason

Reaction score
Hmmm .. interesting .. well .. I think it's the one with 3D packaging. Pity that I didn't get it when I saw it first time. I was concentrating on the last vintage wave at the same time. Someone just right in front of me held the Republic trooper and put it back on the peg ... goodness .. I picked it up instantly without thinking twice but then I forgot totally that Vader with lightup LS.

Reaction score
The Light-Up Vader and Pilot Luke have showed up here, but in very small quantities.
I haven't found either of them yet.

Reaction score
Save $5.00 on the Pod Racer Pilots set - WOW, I'm spellbound! :whistling:
I absolutely loathe TRU Australia; they're pathetic.

I just ordered and received a Trade Federation MTT for $179.10 including shipping (which was $50.00) from TRU US online.
There's no way in the universe, that TRU Australia would ever have that for a cheaper price - that's if they decided to import it that is.
They're the biggest bunch of tight-***** on the planet and I am sure there are still TRU's here that have a few 2005 Mon Mothma's available for $19.99 a pop.

Sorry for the rant - I just hate TRU AU!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good deal on the MTT transport Mike. B)

Yeah I agree with you. I hate TRU's Aust too. Absolutely pathetic in their prices with all their star wars stuff. :whistling:

I just get all my star wars stuff on eBay these days. Works out way cheaper than the stores over here (that's if they ever get anything in to begin with) :hmm:

LOL @ the Mon Mothma comment. I'm sure they still have a few lurking on the pegs with those $19.99 Bree Organas. :awesome:

Reaction score
Actually the only star wars stuff I do buy over here are my 12 inch Sideshow figures either from Case Fresh or Saga Central.

I've totally given up on Hasbro Australia figure wise at retail. :whistling:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of TRU's I dropped by there today to find the ewok multipack on the shelves, must have just been put out- so I picked one up, it's priced at 59.99 if anyones intrested, also pop in to woolies - I found the lost line wave all unpunched, I picked up a sandie, leia and Jarjar on vintage cards.. happy days!

Reaction score
Speaking of TRU's I dropped by there today to find the ewok multipack on the shelves, must have just been put out- so I picked one up, it's priced at 59.99 if anyones intrested,

I bought the ewok and rebel pilots multi packs off a seller on eBay for $90.00 all up (shipping included)

Great deal right there. B)

Reaction score
Totally Star Wars unrelated but I just received the Voltron Classics Blue Lion and Princess Allura figure off eBay for about $115.00 I think it was.

Anyways I totally love this thing, haven't put it down since I got it. LOL!

Have the other 4 lions on my watch list and will pick them up.

I've always been a massive Voltron fan besides a Star Wars fan. Amongst my Voltron collectibles are the Toyami Masterpiece Lion Voltron and a loose mint 1983 Matchbox vehicle Voltron which is my pride and joy. I've always wanted it since I was a kid.

I bought it about 4 years ago on eBay still mint in its 3 boxes (land,air and sea teams) and the boxes had been stacked on top of each each other in a basement for 25 years by a seller in Hong Kong.

The front of the 3 boxes were a bit torn from pulling them apart from each other due to the dampness or something I suspect but the Voltron was perfect inside.

I'd seen so many Matchbox vehicle Voltron's on eBay go for $200-300 odd with tyres missing or parts missing, chipped or broken off, etc.

I think I got mine for about $300.00 so I was over the moon! B)

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Good scores, I wouldn't mind picking up a Voltron toy at some point,I really like the scale of the exclusive one I think thats being offered through Matty collectors I think, trouble is no room to have one displayed.

You should post some images :)

Reaction score
I bought the ewok and rebel pilots multi packs off a seller on eBay for $90.00 all up (shipping included)

Great deal right there. B)
Yeah thats a very nice deal. Looks like TRU au wont be getting any rebel pilots, they only had the ewoks and the box has the euro writing on it...

Reaction score
So its been one whole year now since I bought TPM wave at TRU and they havent had any new vintage since, its a disgrace to see TPM wave still rotting on the pegs... I wonder if they have cases of vintage just sitting out the back waiting for the rot to clear and at 20 bucks a pop it never will, they'll have to burn every last one of em, Ive seen the same crap in malaysia too. Ive been to 3 differant TRU in Australia and 2 in Malaysia and its all the same with vintage..sad state of affairs..

Reaction score
ToysRus Australia are garbage - plain and simple. They can't sell any stock, because no one is stupid enough to pay $20.00 for one single figure.

If it wasn't for Woolworths (and Kmart) we wouldn't see any new TVC out here at all.
I saw the lost line at Woolies and a day or so later; they were marked down to $13.99:

Reaction score
It's funny woolies never had vintage before, when big w stopped stocking vintage they must have sent it all there. Wouldnt mind another sandie to open either. Its not just TRU au thats garabage they must have the same idiots running the show in Malaysia and Thailand..and similar prices who in thailand can afford to pay $19 for a figure...

Reaction score
I've never even thought of looking in Woolies here in Melbourne.

Guess I should start looking??? :disgusted:

Reaction score
How recently did u see the Tarkin wave? I think I came across the remains, it was an EpIV Vader and Hoth Luke. Not sure if thats Tarkin or Malgus wave though.

Reaction score
I'm mostly up to date with the figure waves.

Just have to grab the lost line wave and the internet online exclusive wave and I'm done. B)

Then I can go back to filling the holes in my Star Wars Sideshow and Gentle Giant mini bust collection! :)

Oh and I might have a go at trying to track down a few more of the last 14 Power Of The Force figures that I need for my loose C-8 to C-9 "vintage collection that have all their weapons, capes and accessories! :awesome:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one time I saw the Tarkin wave, the rest were there, but Tarkin himself was missing.
I got my complete wave from Saga Central.

Reaction score
The one time I saw the Tarkin wave, the rest were there, but Tarkin himself was missing.
I got my complete wave from Saga Central.

The force was with me today I found Tarkin at woolies, he was there with a bunch of barris and boms, so suprised!

Reaction score
Hey guys, happy christmas n new year.

Does anybody know where to buy the gentle giant 12' jumbo kenner figures in sydney, has anybody ever seen them in a shop?
I live in Potts Point in the city, so id love to find a shop in the city that sells them, it will save me 30 +bucks postage from the states.

And does anybody know of any comic shops or the like that sells vintage starwars, or any fairs or conventions in sydney that dealers moght have a few pieces , does anybody still sell vintage at parramatta sci-fi collectables fair?

Cheers guys, all the best.

Reaction score
You could try Saga Central for 12" Jumbo Kenner.
I can personally vouch for them, they are a great little e-tailer.
They're Sydney based - I've bought quite a lot of stuff from them over the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.