Anyone in Vegas selling MOC vintage???

Reaction score
tr rember toys in the attic oh the good old days of over price toys:)

but this city is too new for vintage we have to go on evilbay or the forum for our stuff or cons but this town sucks for high end stuff and vintage sorry.

we do have all you can eat places like every 5 min and slots every where if your looking for those

Reaction score
Actually, that is untrue. Hey Creeps! Anyway, we have found a TON of vintage toys in Vegas...and I mean a ton!! The Great Las Vegas find was only 6 short years ago, and before that between me, Charles, Dean and Gabriel we pulled out most of what was there. Since 1995, we had found tons of 3 packs...almost a complete set from various people, a boat load of Early Bird kits and Blue Snags galore. Some pretty significant collections were found with quite a few one of a kind extremely rare pieces...especially displays. Also, lots of Gi Joe and Transformers were also found by us. Bottom line though, is that a lot of it was found by us, and a lot of it went on ebay, so the town is pretty well cleaned out. I know a guy Creeps who still has some cases of figures in town...but he won't give them up. We've tried for years. I have a lot of friends who are LVMPD officers who are big collectors. One of my best friends is a cop and he has quite a few vintage MOC figs including a clear bubble Luke Storm. I've been trying to get that from him for awhile.

By the way Creeps, I am coming out to Vegas in January for CES. Maybe we can hook up!

Later
Shawn

Reaction score
Shawn_Byrne said:
Actually, that is untrue. Hey Creeps! Anyway, we have found a TON of vintage toys in Vegas...and I mean a ton!! The Great Las Vegas find was only 6 short years ago, and before that between me, Charles, Dean and Gabriel we pulled out most of what was there. Since 1995, we had found tons of 3 packs...almost a complete set from various people, a boat load of Early Bird kits and Blue Snags galore. Some pretty significant collections were found with quite a few one of a kind extremely rare pieces...especially displays. Also, lots of Gi Joe and Transformers were also found by us. Bottom line though, is that a lot of it was found by us, and a lot of it went on ebay, so the town is pretty well cleaned out. I know a guy Creeps who still has some cases of figures in town...but he won't give them up. We've tried for years. I have a lot of friends who are LVMPD officers who are big collectors. One of my best friends is a cop and he has quite a few vintage MOC figs including a clear bubble Luke Storm. I've been trying to get that from him for awhile.

By the way Creeps, I am coming out to Vegas in January for CES. Maybe we can hook up!

Later
Shawn
Well thats good for you and the other you were with..but apparently we still hurting cause nothing else has shown up...

Reaction score
i smell bs
yeah you may find the one rancor keeper here and there but in this town you wont find jack s#$t i know ive been looking

Reaction score
I think the forum shops have vintage toys but they are way overpriced. Like that guy said, all the toy shop owners and scalpers cleaned this town out of vintage figures. There are no great finds anymore. Gone those days are as Yoda would say.

Reaction score
echoplex said:
I think the forum shops have vintage toys but they are way overpriced. Like that guy said, all the toy shop owners and scalpers cleaned this town out of vintage figures. There are no great finds anymore. Gone those days are as Yoda would say.
Yeah, the forum shops has them. I forgot what the place was called, but the prices are bunk

Also, if you want to find vintage, you really have to look around, some "gift shops", or swapmeets might have some. Some People around here are too much of wal-mart ****** to really check them out
(--I kidd--)

man, I gotta check Laughlin. Some of their gift shops can be gold mines for old/vintage stuff.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i smell bs yeah you may find the one rancor keeper here and there but in this town you wont find jack s#$t i know ive been looking

[/QUOTE]

Don't hate the player! Hate the game! Can I help it that we cleaned it out??? It's called boys, a day late and a dollar short. Obviously, you don't know how to look, cuz I just found a big collection this past January. Got to know which rocks to turn over boys and girls, and that just comes with experience. Most of you all were probably like 10 years old when we were turning the stuff over in Vegas. Before ebay was even an idea.

If you want proof that there was indeed s#!t in Las Vegas at one time, take a look at a huge auction that was in Vegas in 1993. This guy actually lived in Vegas as well. Doubt me will you... There was also plenty of figures, vehicles and playsets at the auction as well.

Las Vegas VINTAGE auction

Good luck

Reaction score
Shawn_Byrne said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i smell bs yeah you may find the one rancor keeper here and there but in this town you wont find jack s#$t i know ive been looking
Don't hate the player! Hate the game! Can I help it that we cleaned it out??? It's called boys, a day late and a dollar short. Obviously, you don't know how to look, cuz I just found a big collection this past January. Got to know which rocks to turn over boys and girls, and that just comes with experience. Most of you all were probably like 10 years old when we were turning the stuff over in Vegas. Before ebay was even an idea.

If you want proof that there was indeed s#!t in Las Vegas at one time, take a look at a huge auction that was in Vegas in 1993. This guy actually lived in Vegas as well. Doubt me will you... There was also plenty of figures, vehicles and playsets at the auction as well.

Las Vegas VINTAGE auction

Good luck

[/QUOTE]

Shawn,

Good to see that you haven't changed a bit...lol. See you in January at Charlie's house.

Lewis

BTW, guys, he's not kidding...I was with those guys back in the day when they cleaned the town...and parts of southern cali

Reaction score
figured so...and I wasnt doubting him...Im just saying there is nothing here...I dont understand why he is gloating over a sweet score years ago...

Sounds like one of those old guys...'When I was young I bought baseball cars for a nickel..'...'When I was young...'

Reaction score
Hey Lewis!! Looking forward to January man!!

No, I am not gloating. The complaint was that there was nothing vintage to find in Las Vegas. I contradicted that claim with several stories of glory and fame. Hell, I was just a minor player at the time a lot of these collections were found. And man, there were quite a few. Then, someone accused me of BS'ing you all. I had my honor to protect!

Let's see Lewis....remember some of these

-The infamous Earl collection!

-The major Vegas score where that dude just walked into the store with a case of Droids figures...that was just the tip of the iceberg.
-A small collection Gabriel found that contained one of the only known Anakin Skywalker shelf talkers in existence. Frank was stunned. Gabriel had no idea. Gabriel threw that into the deal for free. It's worth, oh, about $2000.
-The major collection Deano found that was incredible. It had the only known POTF figure display bin in existence. It's featured in John Kellerman's book since John bought it from him.

Charlie scored that 3 pack find. That was unreal...and then that 3 pack that strolled into the store you guys used to have up there on Rainbow with what's his name.

Man, the good 'ole days. I miss them. They were cool. However, you guys are right. Gone are the days when we could actually find stuff. It's getting harder and harder to find good stuff. Hey Lewis, is the Sampler Shoppes still open? They used to have a few folks in there like Toys of Yesteryear. He actually had one decent collection at one time. I think that was part of the Deano collection back in '96.

Reaction score
If you are desperate for Vintage, there is a store in Caesar's Palace that has some. It's not FAO, there is a nostalgia movie store that has them in a glass case.

Reaction score
Shawn_Byrne said:
Hey Lewis!! Looking forward to January man!!

No, I am not gloating. The complaint was that there was nothing vintage to find in Las Vegas. I contradicted that claim with several stories of glory and fame. Hell, I was just a minor player at the time a lot of these collections were found. And man, there were quite a few. Then, someone accused me of BS'ing you all. I had my honor to protect!

Let's see Lewis....remember some of these

-The infamous Earl collection!

-The major Vegas score where that dude just walked into the store with a case of Droids figures...that was just the tip of the iceberg.
-A small collection Gabriel found that contained one of the only known Anakin Skywalker shelf talkers in existence. Frank was stunned. Gabriel had no idea. Gabriel threw that into the deal for free. It's worth, oh, about $2000.
-The major collection Deano found that was incredible. It had the only known POTF figure display bin in existence. It's featured in John Kellerman's book since John bought it from him.

Charlie scored that 3 pack find. That was unreal...and then that 3 pack that strolled into the store you guys used to have up there on Rainbow with what's his name.

Man, the good 'ole days. I miss them. They were cool. However, you guys are right. Gone are the days when we could actually find stuff. It's getting harder and harder to find good stuff. Hey Lewis, is the Sampler Shoppes still open? They used to have a few folks in there like Toys of Yesteryear. He actually had one decent collection at one time. I think that was part of the Deano collection back in '96.
I still say the "Earl Collection" was an incredible find...One of the best ever. I forgot about Deano. Damn, he had a hell of a collection! And everything in acrylics at that. Didn't Dean have that proof sheet of Leia's (POTF)? The Rainbow store was Neal's...THE VAULT. The Sampler Shoppes closed down about a year ago when the property owners chose not to renew their lease. I saw gabriel when he was her for Peanut's birthday. Looks the same and still gives me the same crap he gave me at the Sampler Shoppes.

See ya in a few months....we ought to take a trip to Frank's when you're here just for the hell of it.

Lewis

Reaction score
That was a Toys of Yesteryear booth in the sample shops? I think he is on East Charleston now. He's the only one I've seen around town with any vintage stuff.

Reaction score
Yes, Toys of Yesteryear was in the Sampler Shoppes back in the 90's. He moved over into that strip mall on East Charleston years ago. There used to be a lady that a store near him who actually had some decent stuff. The only thing Toys of Yesteryear ever had was that collection back in '96. Otherwise, he didn't have [censored]. Charlie, Gabriel and Neal are about the only ones who ever had any vintage stores/booths. Charlie still lives in town, but the rest, including myself, are all gone...unless Neal is still slithering around in the Naked City.

Oh, BTW, Frank is no longer in Cali. He moved to Minnesota in the Spring of this year. I was just up to his house a few weeks ago. It is HUGE! It's like 7000 sq. ft.!