Anyone in the Seattle area? pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Clone Strike Miniatures

Is anyone into the Star Wars Miniatures? Last week I received 3 starter packs and 6 booster packs for the Clone Strike expansion. I had no idea when I got them that they aren't even released yet! I got them (after complaining to Hasbro) for payment for the user study I did 6 months ago.

Reaction score
Re: Clone Strike Miniatures

Hey Zoltar,

That's a pretty excellent score on receieving those Clone Strike boosters - as those have not shipped anywhere yet. I have been working on picking up the first line "Rebel Storm" but at $12 a pop, I'm taking my time. If you are more into the OTC than the PTC I would be more than happy to trade my Rebel Storm minis for Clone Strike minis. But of course only if you are interested - if not no problem.

As for figure updates - I scored the post otc figs about a week and a half ago but I heard that they popped back up at walmart this morning. So keep your eyes open they are starting to show. And I'll see if I can score some extras but this Wed.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
Northend Misery

Spent sometime in North Seattle yesterday, stopped by Northgate Target, TRU, and Aurora Kmart.

Target - VOTC Yoda (4), OTC Lobot, OTC Cloud Car Pilot, OTC Cloud City Leia - Thin Saga selection. I was surprised they had Yoda being that they never have anything.

TRU - Darth Vader Voice Changer, Endor 4 Pack, Naboo 4 PAck - Very thin Saga Assortment. Looks like they haven't had anything new in over a month.

Kmart - Cantina Scene 2 (6), VOTC Lando. Blue Zutton is cool but watch out for the scary Santa in the Christmas Section, he is pathetic.

Anybody scene VOTC Threepio, R2-D2, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca in the West Seattle/Downtown area?

Reaction score
Re: Northend Misery

Yesterday I picked up at the Everett TRU
PABLO-JILL
YARUA
SLY MOORE
QUEEN AMIDALA

They had been marked up to $5.99

Reaction score

Hey, Dr. Zoltar, what figures did you get in those Clone Strike packs? I'm curious since I plan on buying a case of the boosters when they come out next month.

I also have a number of duplicates from the Rebel Strike miniatures set if anyone is interested. Took me what felt like an eternity to complete a set, but it was worth it and a lot of fu ntoo. PM me for a list if anyone is interested.

Reaction score

ArtooConvoy said:
Hey, Dr. Zoltar, what figures did you get in those Clone Strike packs? I'm curious since I plan on buying a case of the boosters when they come out next month.

I also have a number of duplicates from the Rebel Strike miniatures set if anyone is interested. Took me what felt like an eternity to complete a set, but it was worth it and a lot of fu ntoo. PM me for a list if anyone is interested.
Hukilu and ArtooConvoy,

I'm glad there is some interest in these. Actually, I only opened one of the starter packs so far just to see what was inside. I was hoping that between 3 starter packs and 6 boosters I'd be able to get a complete set, but this was before I found out Hasbro did their regular trick of inserting ultra-rares. I really hate it when they do that. I'll bust them open before the meeting and bring what I have. I'd be willing to do some trades of the extras I get (or of ones I don't want). But I'd like to get a list of the rarity before I do.

Is there just 60 figures in the first set? Or did Hasbro release special promo ones as well?

Edit: Here's a link to the Clone Strike set checklist: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=981595&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#981595

Reaction score
Meeting

Are we going to meet this Wednesday? Last time we said we might have to move it to a different day because of Thanksgiving. ?

Reaction score
Re: Meeting

I thought we were still aiming for this Wednesday. That is unless a lot of people will be out of town for the holiday. I just remembered that I have errands to run in the north end that day with my wife, so if we still have the meeting she will more than likely be with me.

Reaction score

I'm game for a meeting. He who asks gets to arrange the details though!

Reaction score

7:00 pm Red Robin SouthCenter! I'm there!!!
Check out the last meeting thread for some other folks that are interested in this upcoming meeting.
We'll see whoever makes it there!
I am going to print up some pics of my collecting room to show off my prop focus!
-Tom

Reaction score

Cool, Wednesday at Red Robin again, 7pm. See ya all there!

K-Mart on Aurora Ave has now the once rare Cantina 3-Packs with the blue zutton. I counted them, they had 32!!! ; No new basic figures.

Target at Northgate had an entire set of the SAGA HOF Figures, incl. Vader, Maul and Stormie.

Toys'r'us Northgate, nothing worth mentioning.

Reaction score

South end updates:

South Hill Target: Slave 1 w/ Boba
South Hill Wal-Mart: VOTC Lando
South Hill TRU: OTC Hoth Vader, Death Star Vader, Slave Leia, and Bib Fotuna
Auburn Wal-Mart: OTC General Wave

Reaction score

Pardon the spam, but it's for a VERY good cause.

Come out this Saturday to Bellevue TRU (You know it's on your toy run anyway) and donate to the toy drive. Every toy collected is going to Child's Play (the charity project of Penny Arcade).

I know several Scummers came out last year and I really hope we'll see you guys again this year. If you can't make it this Saturday, we'll be doing it again in December...but I really hope you'll come to both and donate a toy.

Tell a friend or three as well!

Reaction score

I am kind of suprised they let you do that at TRU since they have a partnership with Toys For Tots. I am not saying it is wrong, I am just suprised.

Reaction score

Those costumes are sweet! How did the people who put that toy drive on acquire those?

Reaction score

Toys R Us does more than just Toys For Tots. They have a Starlight bin in the store, they had the Sea-Gals (however you spell that) in there last night collecting for a different charity (Children's hospital I think). You should see the place this time of year, it's usually littered with various flyers.

That's why we come out in costume and stand there all day. We are much better than flyers.

But apparently when we went there, we helped them to break sales records, so they definitely like us.

Oh, and as far as where we got the costumes Jrsharp, we're 501st, so we usually build them ourselves. If you'd like more information about Star Wars costumes, PM me and I can send you some links.

Reaction score
VOTC

Saw all the ROTJ and ESB VOTC figures (except 3PO) in plentiful numbers at both the Tacoma and Lakewood Target stores.

Reaction score
Re: VOTC

Tried to make it to the Toy Drive in Bellevue today, but didn't work out for me
; But, I managed to stop by in my neighborhood at Toys'r'us Northgate and found the first 5 figures of the post OTC wave. I grabbed the last Rabe, but of all the other characters they had about 4 left of each.

Reaction score

All the VOTC can now be found at Factoria Target. Get them while they last. I picked up (finally!) Chewie, Artoo and Threepio. Bellevue TRU had remnants of the Transitional wave--I picked up the last three: Yarua, Rabe, Queen Amidala.

Reaction score

Redmond Target has Yoda and Chewie VOTC plus the generals.
They have one last Slave 1 (with no rocket).

Reaction score

Who needs VOTC C-3PO? I found and picked up 2 this morning. PM me if you need him and will be at the next collector's meeting. Otherwise I'll need to take them back to TRU.

Reaction score

Not sure if this is happening elsewhere, but I picked up the Sandcrawler (one and only one) at Suncoast in the Bellevue Square mall.

Maybe other Suncoasts are getting these?

Reaction score

I know that's not as good as the 39.95 a couple of folks here got them for via internet pre-orders, but it's better than EE or some other online retailers I've seen when you factor in the cost of shipping that you save.

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Reaction score

Thanks. Yeah I saw one in person at Golden Age Collectibles at the Pike Place Market and I think they wanted $75 for it. It is small, and I'm still "thinking" about getting one.

Reaction score

Anyone know which local Costcos still have the X-Wing/Tie Fighter 2 pack?

Isn't it nice to know that you can always count on Golden Age Collectibles to charge more than standard retail for almost anything?
I've only gotten back issue comics from them when no one else around has them.

Reaction score

JoshEEE said:

I know that's not as good as the 39.95 a couple of folks here got them for via internet pre-orders, but it's better than EE or some other online retailers I've seen when you factor in the cost of shipping that you save.

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.
Must not have a vintage one uh?

Suncoast stores got the Sandcrawlers in about 3 weeks ago so you may have a hard time coming across one now.

Please do not pay $75 for it though especially from Golden Age. That just further encourages those bozos.

Reaction score

The Bellevue TRU has restocked ROTJ/ESB VOTC. For all you MOMC collectors, Hasbro has eliminated the crease around the rivet on the back of the cards!

Dr. Zoltar - the Kirkland Costco still had about 15 of the X-Wing/Tie Fighter 2-packs on Sunday. PM me if you want one.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
Golden Age...

Yeah, I went up there last week to see what they had and they did have quite a few Star Wars items, both modern and vintage. Aside from the $75 Sandcrawler, some other highlights were the beat up POTF2 carded figures for $10 ea. (some weren't even FF, and all were very common) and there was a decent assortment of vintage items. But, like the rest of their stuff, horrificly overpriced. I mean some of their loose vintage figures (not talking last 17 either) were priced over $100!

Got to pay the rent I guess!

Reaction score

Found the Holiday Jawas set today... in my mailbox!
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Reaction score
Post OTC

As for the Post OTC Cantina Wave we all need to keep our eyes peeled beacuse they have been showing up back East - so it will only be a matter of time before we see them hear.

Also the 3rd wave of Clone Wars showed up carded online today so I accecpt to see those in Jan. Can't wait to hunt for Clone Trooper variants again. At least this time they will ship to other stores than just Target.

Also I posted the info about this year's X-Mas party in "The Southcenter get together Part 3". I hope all who were interested can attend - its a great way to celebrate Life Day early!

Reaction score
Re: Post OTC

The Bellevue TRU has the Jedi Council Scenes 3 and 4 and a refresh on the Post OTC transitional figures. They've also raised the basic figure price to $6.99 (sigh).

Happy Hunting

Reaction score

Good to hear that the Post OTC are showing up. I however yet to see them.

I'm also going to try and make it to the SARLAC holiday party as well. Is the White Elephant gift exchange mandatory?

Reaction score

I just got back from TRU Tacoma and they still have some Jedi Council 3 sets left but as far as the employees there and the stock on hand it looks like they never got Scene 4.

I called Puyallup and they did not get neither Scene 3 or 4 today. Maybe Dr. Z if you are out and about at TRU this weekend you could possibly post if they show up! Also I'll PM you about the X-Mas party (I'm excited that some of you are interested in attending)

Also now that it is the Christmas season you have the re-emergence of the card-benders.
They had the Post OTC Naboo and Couruscant waves at Tacoma TRU and thanks to some jerk-er-mer they were all convienently bent.

Still no sign of the Cantina wave but maybe this weekend!

Reaction score

I saw the Jedi Council Set 3 at the Puyallup TRU this afternoon. Had at least one, maybe more. So far I've been passing on these so I haven't paid too much attention to them.

Reaction score

Wow. Bellevue TRU restocked their VOTC like I've never seen. EVERY SINGLE FIGURE is there, in multiples. No more rare guys. Go complete your set.

Plus they have a ton of unleashed and everything else. No OTC stuff anymore, but the rest of their VOTC selection is good. They still have some multipacks too.

Reaction score
The Port Ochard Wal-Mart has several VOTC Han Solos and one VOTC Lando Calrissian. I bought two of the Hans(one to open and the other to keep carded, you all know the drill). Didn't have enough money for Lando. Harrison Ford's likeness on this figure is probably the best I've seen on any Han 3 3/4 inch figure.

Reaction score
I happened to be able to get out to the South Hill TRU and they had both Jedi Scene 3 and 4. (The Stass and Adi issue angers me!!)

Tacoma sold through their Post OTC figs but they still have Jedi Scene 3.

Tacoma Target had plenty of VOTC Jedi figs.

South Hill Target has tons of Slave 1s.

And I just received my replacement rocket for Boba's missing backpack.

No Cantina figs - I guess people are calling BS on the report of finding them back East so it might be a few more weeks until we see them.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up on VOTC Jensen. I picked up the rest of the VOTC today and was quite happy to see C3PO on the first peg.

As Jensen said Bellevue TRU is loaded with VOTC.

The Northgate TRU has been restocked as well. They had about a dozen Stormtroopers. The also have Jedi Counsel packs 3 and 4.

Happy Hunting.

Reaction score
Hukilu said:
I happened to be able to get out to the South Hill TRU and they had both Jedi Scene 3 and 4. (The Stass and Adi issue angers me!!)
Had to swing by Puyallup TRU anyway today and I can confirm that there are many of each Jedi Scene 3 and 4. But it seems they condensed the 4" action figure section and put in more shelves for the Vader helmets and Magic 8 Ball Yoda.

I really hope the post OTC don't turn out to be difficult to find. I'd like to get at least a couple. I wonder if they will be $6.99 at Target and Wal-Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.