Anyone going to C3??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know I posted this in the wrong place....but I wanted to see if any of you guys are going to C3? I am looking to share a room and wanted to see if any of you are interested in going or sharing a room. Anyway.....drop me a line or post here. I have not made any reservations yet but I am wanting to get it all taken care of pretty soon. Anyway....if there is any interest. Lets talk.

Reaction score
Re: Anyione going to C3??

My wife and I will be going to C3, but we're staying with some old friends who live there. Sorry...

Reaction score
I'll be headed to C3 - have purchased my pass but not decided on accommodations yet. I am thinking of bringing my son - so will probably not be looking to share a room - sorry. At C2, I got a very decent room at La Quinta very near downtown, for $60 plus a night. I rented a car and the drive was less than 10 mins. Parking was not hard to find, but had to pay. (can't remember how much!)

Reaction score
I haven't made a decision yet. My brother and I split the cost last year and we stayed close to the convention center.
It was nice to walk around downtown, but staying around the airport may be what I do if I go this time.
If you can drive in Houston, Indy should be pretty easy. :)

Bryan

Reaction score
Hey Bryan...hope you make it there this time as well - would be good to see a familiar face. Most of my memory was of being in line...to get in...to get the Sacul figure...

Reaction score
Well I have a reservation now at the Econolodge near downtown. I am not sure how that is going towork out though. I have not gotten my ticket yet, but I will soon. Still trying to find a good deal on a flight.

Are you all flying there? Is any one brave enough to drive all that way?

Reaction score
I'm not going, but can I pass along an early request for a set of passes if they offer them like CII? This wasn't a long line item and of course I'd pay up front. Thanks!

GBU

Reaction score
You are driving? How long is the drive to Indianapolis from Houston? I flew the last time using frequent flier miles - to offset the total cost of the trip.

I suppose I had better start making some firm flight and accommodation plans before it's too late. So far, all I have done is to purchase the pass.

Reaction score
Would be glad to pick up passes for you - will confirm as soon as I nail the travel details - so far only have the pass

Reaction score
Oh Gosh no!! I am not driving. I was wondering if any one was crazy enough to do that. I plan on flying. But I have not booked my ticket yet. So far All I have is a hotel room booked. I still need to buy my C3 Pass.

Also I will be willing to pick up anything I can for anyone as long as it is not a limited item. Like only one per person or something. But if its not something I want, then I would be willing to pick it up for someone else.

Reaction score
I'd be happy to take orders for buying stuff for people as well.

I really hope I don't end up driving, but I may have to depending on whether or not I bring my stormtrooper gear. I'm part of the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers, and I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of airport security digging through my carefully packed armor and blasters...

Reaction score
geckolowe said:
I'd be happy to take orders for buying stuff for people as well.

I really hope I don't end up driving, but I may have to depending on whether or not I bring my stormtrooper gear. I'm part of the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers, and I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of airport security digging through my carefully packed armor and blasters...
I wish I could go. It sounds like fun.

If Hasbro has any exclusives like the Gorge Saculs I'd be game for one.

Reaction score
I posted this question in the Official C3 thread without receiving any clear answer. Maybe the local H group can answer. I booked my hotel through the GenCon C3 website and the e-mail confirmation I received warned me to not call the hotel directly until April 12, 2005. Has anyone who booked through GenCon already called their hotel to confirm their reservation? I'd hate to wait until the week before C3 to find out that I don't have a hotel room.

Reaction score
They told you not to call to confirm your reservation? Screw-em, call anyway, what are they going to do, punish you for calling and give away your reservation to someone else. Maybe you could book three places.

Reaction score
I'm going with my wife. Although she is not big fan of sci-fi in general, over our years as a couple she has become a "second-hand Star Wars geek" too. She found about the whole cel 3 thing & insisted that we go. As she put it, "...how many more are they going to have?" This going to be our big Trip for the year.

It's so cool that "Uncle George" (as we refer to him) will be there this time. This will be her first sci-fi convention ever. Hopefully it will put a good "taste in her mouth for conventions, so maybe somewhere down the road we will go to more. I would love to make contact with any of you who are local & going.

Incidentally...I happen to know someone in the 501st as well. I go to church with he & his family.

Reaction score
Hey Vong One! Which trooper do you know? I'm trying to remember who's in Pasadena. Would that be Doug Sullivan?

Reaction score
Buck T. ( at least I think that's his last initial). I used to be roommates with his cousin. I know that he was one of the group that were at the El Dorado Walmart Tent(the sandtrooper).

Reaction score
Ah, yeah- Buck! Wonderful family, and one of the best troopers we have down here. He's actually the South Texas Squad Leader for the 501st...

Reaction score
Driving to Indy

Hi...I finally made a decision to drive to C3 - ridiculous as it sounds. I'm bringing my son along and the airfare for both of us would cost much more than the gas and rental car there. Decided to take a few more days and make it a "fun" road trip. Was just wondering if anyone else is crazy enough to drive, and how I can find the shortest/best route from Houston to Indy.

Reaction score
Re: Driving to Indy

kozee said:
Hi...I finally made a decision to drive to C3 - ridiculous as it sounds. I'm bringing my son along and the airfare for both of us would cost much more than the gas and rental car there. Decided to take a few more days and make it a "fun" road trip. Was just wondering if anyone else is crazy enough to drive, and how I can find the shortest/best route from Houston to Indy.
We drive every year home to Lexington, KY. My prefered route is I-10 East to I-55 North to I-20 East to I-65 North. I-65 does go on to Indianapolis. Rather than drive straight through we usually stop in Birmingham, AL or Nashville, TN. And New Orleans on the way back.

It does look like you can continue on I-55 North through Memphis to I-57 North to I-70 East but I've never been that route.

Hope that helps.

GBU

Reaction score

Okay, GBU - I'll be leaving for CIII early Wednesday, so if we're gonna rendezvous for the passes we'll need to do it before then. I'd suggest at around 7:00 PM, Baybrook TRU. Either night, Monday or Tuesday, just let me know. What say ye?

Reaction score

Thanks GBU! Not really looking forward to the drive - but hopefully can make a few interesting stops along the way. Meanwhile, if there's anything I can get for anyone - that is not limited like the action figure reportedly is - please send me an email at kohtze@hotmail.com

Reaction score

Hey GBU - It's probably too late for tonight (Monday), so let's shoot for Tuesday night. If 7:00 won't work for you, just name a time that would...

Reaction score

geckolowe, tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7:00pm at the usual spot will work. I can do earlier (5:30 or later) if that's a better time for you. Again, I appreciate the assist.

I'll be in a black Expedition and not the Miata.

GBU

Reaction score
Santa Gecko is back in town...

Well, I'm back from the Great Adventure. Insane crowds, but well worth it (as you might imagine)- suffice to say I had a blast.

And I come bearing gifts: I have exclusive Vaders for HuffT, GBU, vdubbin, and Darth Bryan. GBU, I also have some TOPPS cards for you, as well as the mail slip for the set of C3 passes (an awesome set, by the way- you'll love it!).

The line for the figs was ridiculous- winding through the entire convention center. They had so many people getting into line that they had to cap off the line *for the entire day* only 30 minutes after the front doors opened. I managed to get to the line before they capped it, but still it took me five hours to finally get to the counter. Because there was so much difficulty, there is a rumor that any figs leftover on Sunday would be offered online. Keep an eye out...

The figs were offered either with or without a special Star Case. No one mentioned wanting the star case with their figure, but I do have two spares that I'll sell to the first two folks that want one. Dibs go in the order of names listed above, because that's the order that you contacted me about C3 exclusives, and the fairest way I know to distribute these to those who want them. So, you're up first, GBU and Huff T- ya want 'em?

Also, GBU and HuffT, there was a vendor there that had a large stock of Target Leia cups for $10 each! I so wanted to grab a pair for you before they were snatched up (which happened within 24 hours), but I knew that the odds of them getting home without damage to that fragile box was pretty slim. Sorry!

So now I guess we need to find a time/place to meet. GBU, HuffT, and I occasionally meet up at Baybrook TRU after work. Is that do-able for you other two? Let me know- maybe we can get something going late this week or over the weekend...

Reaction score
Re: Santa Gecko is back in town...

In the words of young Anakin "Yipeee!".

I can meet up most any night of the week but if Wed it needs to be 7 pm or later as I have to drive from Kingwood.

I'll take one of the Star Cases for my Vader. Thanks for ordering/picking up everything.

GBU

Reaction score

Thanks Gecko,
I can meet up at Baybrook Tru whenever after 4pm. If Huff doesnt take the case I will. Thanks for the pickup.
P.S. If you still need a gunner I have a spare.

Reaction score

Thanks so much geckolowe!!!! It didn't sound easy getting them. I really appreciate it!

How many DV's did you end up getting? And how many did they let you buy at one time? How many did I order from you...I forgot?

Yeah, I'll take'em and I can meet Wed., Thurs. ,etc. after 5:00 or whichever is best for everybody.

Reaction score

Alrighty - let's meet up Thursday night at 7:00. Baybrook TRU. Darth Bryan probably won't be able to make it, but I can meet up with him separately.

The figures were $15 each, and the Star Cases were another $3. You said nothing about multiple figures, HuffT, so I only got you one.

The limit was one figure for each day you had passes for. My wife and I each had 4-day passes, so I came home with a total of 8 figures. They're all spoken for, however. Sorry!

Vdubbin, definitely bring along that gunner- thanks! And if any of you happen to have a POTC Vader or Sandtrooper, I'd be thrilled to see one of those, as well. I couldn't find a single one in all the vendors there at the show...

Reaction score

Cool, no problem. I just couldn't remember.

I'll see you Thursday night at 7:00.

Is there any of the newer figures you need?

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Cool, no problem. I just couldn't remember.

I'll see you Thursday night at 7:00.

Is there any of the newer figures you need?
I'm good through ROS figure #40, with the exception of the gunner- and it looks like I'll get that one Thursday night. It's those two POTC figs that are eluding me.

Thanks anyway...

Reaction score

wow - you are lucky you waited 5 hours in line. I had to wait 7 plus hours in that horrid snaky line I was in. Even sadder that I had a one-day pass - much of the day was gone by the time I crawled out of the store. Not to mention that most things were sold out when I got to the front. I really wanted the Epic poster. Went to the Art Room to see if the artists had copies to sell themselves, and all of them told me the same; they had to buy copies of their own design posters from the Celebration store themselves!!

Did you get one of the limited edition Target hotel room keys? I was staying at the Hyatt - but by the time I checked in late Sat..the front desk told me all the keys had been given out.

Reaction score

I was at the store on Friday, and they were already sold out of alot of good stuff. The still had the killer Epic poster, though, so I bought one. Now to figure out where to hang it.

No hotel key. My hotel was about 7 miles away- well outside of the Star Wars "occupation zone".

And, to combine threads by answering your question from the C3 thread, that TIE Pilot might indeed have been me. While I wasn't officially "stationed" at the store, I did wander around there by myself alot, posing with the kids for photos. So much fun...

Reaction score

Well, at least your hotel was out of the zone. It was doubly frustrating to be IN the zone and not get a key!!

Hey, how do you go about posting a picture on the forum? I was trying to do so with the Tie Pilot pics I took with my son. There was one in a group of like 5 all Tie fight pilots - and another of a lone one standing outside the store. I'm bad at these computer things.

Reaction score

Sorry, can't help you with the computer techie question. I can, however, help with the Epic Poster, by pointing out (if you didn't already know) that they are for sale at StarWarsShop.com. They probably won't last long, so I'd act quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.