Anyone else remember this YA monster novel from the 1980s...?

Reaction score
Hey, hive-mind!

I was recently reminded of a children's / Young Adult novel I read as a kid back in the 1980s about a boy who conjures three monsters from his favourite work of fiction, and he ends up having to kill them. But I can't remember the title or the author.

Here are the details I can remember:

* One of the monsters is called Yog. Or possibly Yogg. Or maybe Yaug. His name might be in the title.

* The cover shows the boy running down a flight of stairs, away from the trio of monsters. One is green, one is pale blue, one is yellow.

* That's all I have to go on.

Any help jogging my memory would be appreciated, because it's bugging the HECK out of me that I can't remember it.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Archive. org might be your friend. Was it part of an anthology series, like Christopher Pike or Goosbumps?
You might want to ask someone who owns a used book store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Checked ebay for "Shadows of Yog Sothoth" might be what you were trying to recall, don't know it myself though....hope that helps.

Reaction score
Checked ebay for "Shadows of Yog Sothoth" might be what you were trying to recall, don't know it myself though....hope that helps.

As I said in our PM coonversations, I'm afraid that's not it, but I wanted to acknowledge this publicly and thank you again for trying.