Anybody want to watch Star Wars this weekend??

Reaction score
So you know what turned out to be 'a whole... thing'? Coronavirus.

It seems to me everybody... on... uh, Earth, is a little stressed out. Tempers seem to be running a little short here and there in the 'real' world and on our board. Like it or not we're all, all of us, everywhere, essentially dealing with the same thing. And its remarkably unprecedented, on a global scale.

As my teachers always said, distracting others, is something I'm pretty damn good at.

So I was sitting here watching Solo and had an idea. Why don't we, as a RebelScum community, all watch Star Wars this weekend. At some point between Friday evening and Sunday evening; either alone, with family, with friends over facetime/skype; steal a couple hours of our precious quarantine time (that seems to be of never-ending supply) and settle in with A New Hope. Special Editions, Harmy, Adywan, whatever your poison may be. Empire and Jedi optional, but encouraged. And we all chime in beginning of the week, with when we watched what, with who, what was on the menu, all the details.

No phones, no tablets, no laptops, no news. No distractions. Sit down and watch it like you've never seen it before. 2 to 6 hours of Space Opera adventure.

I'm doing it. Who's with me? C'mon, you don't have anything better to do. And the holy trilogy deserves the attention, we're going on 43 years of entertainment and escape, let's pay our respects.

Reaction score
Now we're getting somewhere, now we got some momentum!

C'mon! It'll be fun! I heard they're good movies!

Reaction score
Watched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back this evening. Return of the Jedi tomorrow. No phone, no tablets, no gadgets or gizmos no distractions.

You know when you sit and really watch them it pulls you right back to what you love about this franchise to begin with.

The PT and ST should be embarrassed of themselves. They have their moments, but are pale shadows compared to the Holy Trilogy.

Reaction score
I did Jedi and the first two episodes of Mando (and the current Clone wars episode just to fill time before bed) yesterday.

I don't know what everyone's preferred 'version' of the OT is, but I've gone full on back to Theatrical/Harmy since the 2012 Blu-Ray release. I can glaze over for a lot of changes, but adding "Noooo" to the end of Jedi as Vader is turning, is just, so, awful. The (his) silence is so much more poignant; its the best part of the movie, if not the whole trilogy. Plus Anakin always will be Sebastian. With eyebrows. ;)

It was fun doing a full Trilogy sweep this weekend. If we're doing this whole "Earth is closed" thing again this time next year, we'll have to do this again for the anniversary.

Reaction score
Plus Anakin always will be Sebastian.
For me, that scene where Vader's helmet is removed & revealed to be none other than Humpty Dumpty (Sebastian) is just, so, awful. Just awful. Other than that, I love ROTJ, though.