Anybody remember POTFtoo?

Reaction score
In looking at the recent "Order 95" stuff I got very nostalgic for POFTtoo.

It's been years since I was able to see the site, but its memory is perminately etched into my POTF collecting memories. You got to see pictures of new POTF figures, doing all sorts of funny stuff.

"This site is devoted to the RAREST Star Wars figures of them all... POTF2 figures OUT OF THEIR PACKAGING!"

I think it went something like that, and it was true. Seemed like everybody thought these toys would oneday be worth millions. Now look at them...

Reaction score
Yeah, I miss it. Makes me want to start a project like that once I get a better camera.

And that's a great sig. You have just reminded me that I need to track down Black Adder on DVD.

"I'd rather be the queen's lap dog than a... GIT" Black Adder

Great stuff!

Reaction score
I too feel like I have some of the rarest star wars toys. Opened PoTF2 figs. LoL

Reaction score
Open POTF2 figures are going to be even rarer still after Order 95.

As for Blackadder, the thing to look for is the ultimate Blackadder: The Complete Collection 6-disc set. It contains:

The Black Adder
Blackadder II
Blackadder the Third
Blackadder Goes Forth
Blackadder's Christmas Carol (a slightly differently-edited version than was shown on A&E several years back)
Blackadder Back & Forth (The Millennial Special)

Outstanding stuff.

As for humourous photocomics, I intend to carry the torch for a while starting next year, when (I hope), I'll be able to launch a monthly photocomic -- Galactic Monthly NewsStack -- for my own site's 10-year anniversary.

Reaction score
Beedo said:
Blackadder Back & Forth (The Millennial Special)
Mate, I'm as big a black adder fan as they come but was it just me or was the 2000 special pretty awful!!!

Reaction score
I dunno, mate. I quite enjoyed it. The only thing I thought marred it was the wall-eyed, brain-dead, snow-snorting ambulatory skeleton known as Kate Moss. The rest of it I rather liked.

Reaction score
Paul Levesque and POTFtoo.com are both sorely missed by a lot of the vintage guys too. Paul was at this sort of humor long before Toyfare or and of the other magazines and websites. The truly sad part is I can't even find any remnants of it on the Wayback machine.

Viva Sparky the Bantha!!!

John

Reaction score
Ahh... Sparky the Bantha, seems like I have forgotten more than I thought. I loved how he used Galoob micro figures as action figures for Hasbro action figures. I don't know if that makes any sense when you read it. Anyway... it's nice to see that I am not alone in missing POTFtoo.

I did a google search on "Paul Levesque" and it came up with pro wresling links. I guess there is a wrestler with the same name now.

Hey JohnA, is Paul Levesque still in the collecting community? Or has he simply dropped out of sight?

Oh yeah, and Beedo thanks for the heads up on the Blackadder DVD's I'll have to check those out.

Reaction score
That was a fantastic site. It was a big part of my experience collecting POTF2 figures back in college. Those were the halcyon days...

Reaction score
Wow, really?!? I don't have any advice for posting them... but would love to see them again. Hhmm...

Reaction score
tarcanes92 said:
"C'mon kid, use that razor knife and open that thing -- we aint got all day!"

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/leia11.jpg

I have them all saved, including the webpages. Any ideas for posting?
Holy crap! Yeah man, we gotta find a way to get those up. The images you could just slap up in photobucket or something, but posting the entire pages with the captions would take some doing. I'd LOVE to see those again. Dancing Lando!

Reaction score
Wow what a blast from the past! I remember this site too! It was taken down a couple of years ago. I wonder what happened to who made it. Maybe we should try some old internet archives.

Reaction score
My favorite gag from POTFtoo was a picture of Xizor laying on his side, with the caption "I'm Falleen, and I can't get up!"

Alex