Anybody know this guy?

Reaction score
My wife was watchong Dr. Phil today (blahhhhh!!) and some guy was on there and his wife was confronting him about his SW obsession (hobby).
His collection was in excess of 6000 pieces and almost $200,000!!!

The reason I'm asking is, apparently he is from Ohio and I was wondering if someone knows him...or if he's in fact one of us (a fellow scummer)???

Reaction score
Hes from around the Dayton area. Believe it or not, I seen him at a Target around Christmas time looking at Star Wars and Transformers toys. He seemed like an odd person and I remember thinking "Theres your stereotypical Star Wars collector."

One of the local news stations did a little piece about him last night on the 10 o'clock news and opened it with him taking a LEGO Star Destroyer and flying it over the camera. That didn't help his cause any. He told the reporter that during one of the commercial Dr. Phil whispered to him that he had a cool Star Wars collection. I thought that was kinda funny.

Chris

Reaction score
I am sure the guy was bad enough, why do they need to hyperbolize the "worth" of the collection. That just feeds the myth of these guys and their priceless troves of toys. I am highly skeptical that anyone, save GL himself, has a $200,000 Star Wars collection.

Reaction score
Boy, you guys beat me to the punch. I watched this show and all he does is play video games, collects SW, and has a train set???
Does he have a job?? Don't want to bash him. Just some questions.

Reaction score
Thing is, I felt kind of bad for the guy.
He had some really cool stuff in his collection and here he is on national TV getting totally pointed at and laughed at.
His wife and Dr. Phil are both making fun of him and then he's on my local news saying when the cameras were off, Dr Phil was admiring his trooper armor.

As far as his collection totalling about $200,000.
It's possible when you consider his trooper armor is a few grand, his vintage all looked mint, he may have movie memorabilia (his collection looked pretty serious).
It also looked like he had a lot of helmets that are a few hundred each.
Take all that and then include the prices Hasbro/Kmart/Target/WM charge nowadays....anything is possible.

Reaction score
BayTrooper said:
I am sure the guy was bad enough, why do they need to hyperbolize the "worth" of the collection. That just feeds the myth of these guys and their priceless troves of toys. I am highly skeptical that anyone, save GL himself, has a $200,000 Star Wars collection.

What about Steve Sansweet?

Reaction score
I saw that too. Yep, this guy was a little out there, and his wife appeared clueless. Seriously, how would she not realize his obsession before they were married?

Yep, he was picked for good TV and he played it up to the hilt. It was all scripted to a degree, w/ bad acting and all.