Any1 attend the Plano sci fi shows?

G

I've gone to every one, however the last 2 or 3 have just really sucked. Theres another one on the 7th of January I plan to attend hopefully it will get better.

Reaction score
Actually, I haven't attended one yet. I was going to try the last one, but my divorce got in the way. My biggest interest is trying to find the more rare Action Fleet ships, even if I have to pay a scalper. Did you happen to see any of them at the last one?

G

iam moving to texas on the 18th i hear theres another convention in march iam looking forward to going to that one.

Reaction score
I've been to a few shows in Plano, but it's sort of a long drive for me. I try to go to all the big shows, but that's about it.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force!

G

Actually, I just moved to Texas in August, so my friends took me to the con in Plano. It was kinda small and not well attended really...all we really did was walk around the vendors booths in our Jedi Garb. My next show will be D*Con, dunno about the con in March in Plano...

(P.S. the pic in my sig is me in my garb..and no, that's not Plano behind me
)

------------------
Knight Aiacha Teia-Kyto
Knight and Jedi Merchant
http://www.geocities.com/aiacha_teia_kyto/tatooine.jpg

[This message has been edited by Aiacha (edited 01-12-2001).]

Reaction score
aiacha the march expo and july expos are the large one for Plano. Although I will admit unless your covering news or talking with the celebs you run out of things to do quickly. Let me know if you guys go to the next one. I'll be attending it.

------------------
Forum Moderator
Wuher's Cantina, POTJ, Shows & Conventions
INFAMYOFCRETE@collectstarwars.com

Reaction score
When I went to the Jan. Plano show, I got what I expected. Not much. However, I was forewarned.

For those of you living close to Plano, what city are you coming from?

I live in Richardson, about 10 miles from the Plano show.

For those of you outside of the Dallas area, where do you drive from and has it been worth it?

------------------
"My only job on this ship is to repeat what the d@mn computer says, and I'm going to do my job!"-Galaxy Quest

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SIENARtestPILOT:

For those of you living close to Plano, what city are you coming from?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We came in from Houston...call it the need for a Con fix, just like driving an hour just to go to a litte crap Ren Faire, when the good one by me didn't open for another two months...

Whether we'll go to another one before August, I'm not sure. Right now it depends on what weekend it hits; I have family I can't stop coming in March

------------------
Knight Aiacha Teia-Kyto
Knight and Jedi Merchant

Reaction score
OK, NOW YOU DONE IT!!!!

The only other two things I'm into are haunted houses and REN FAIRES. I am actually a merchant at one of them in Fort Worth. I assume the one near you is TRF, and then a little one here in a month or two. If you are an avid faire attendee, I can send you a list of faires that span from February to December, all within one state away. As for the March Sci-fi show in Plano, I'll be there as long as a ren-faire doesn't interfere.

STP

BTW, my online store for medieval shields is: www.firedraykeshields.bizland.com
------------------
"My only job on this ship is to repeat what the d@mn computer says, and I'm going to do my job!"-Galaxy Quest

[This message has been edited by SIENARtestPILOT (edited 01-13-2001).]

G

LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SIENARtestPILOT:
OK, NOW YOU DONE IT!!!!

*snicker*

The only other two things I'm into are haunted houses and REN FAIRES. I am actually a merchant at one of them in Fort Worth. I assume the one near you is TRF, and then a little one here in a month or two. If you are an avid faire attendee, I can send you a list of faires that span from February to December, all within one state away. As for the March Sci-fi show in Plano, I'll be there as long as a ren-faire doesn't interfere.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I did go to TRF with my friends here, but the ones I was talking about in my post were two up on the east coast, one in Somerset, NJ and the other in Sterling Forest, Tuxedo, NY. (Near where I lived before last August)

The one in Somerset was very small, very "family oriented". The people that ran the faire tried very hard to keep it rated PG. The only good part about that one was that you could fence "masters", which thrilled me because I was a fencer through high school. So there I am, in a bodice, skirt and sandals fencing. Unfortunately I skidded on the dirt and hay and twisted my ankle a little.

I would absolutely love a list of faires. Could you please e-mail it to me?? I think during the 1999 season, I never missed a weekend of faire with the one in Tuxedo, which was barely a half hour from my home. (That plus seeing TPM countless number of times was my escape from my life which has just fell apart)

Hmm...month or two till another...hmm, methinks that if I want to get it done, I had better start working on some new garb

Gee, this got long...I think I'll stop here

------------------
Knight Aiacha Teia-Kyto
Knight and Jedi Merchant

Reaction score
Aiacha, You have a list in your mailbox.

STP

------------------