Any TRU closings in Austin??

Reaction score
Are any TRU's closing down in Austin?? I hope not.

I know the Capital Plaza one closed down a while back, I was still in town when it closed!!
That's the one I grew up going to!! Got alot of my GI JOE's, Transformers, MASK, Ninja Turtles, and Star Trek and Star Wars there, and where I met a lot of those characters when they used to visit the store!!)

But what about the Capital of Texas Highway one and the one way out there off of I-35 down North???

Reaction score
Haven't seen either of the TRUs closing, but the Kay-Bee in Barton Creek Mall is closing down.

Reaction score
Really?? Wow!! I wonder if there will be any toy stores left in malls in time???

Reaction score
The TRU's in Austin are going pretty strong. I think the best bet is that there will be no more K-Bees in Austin within a few weeks. The last one I went to a couple of weeks ago at Barton Creek Mall was closing it's doors and everything was on sale. The bad thing for SW collectors is there was nothing left there. The store was about 1/4 full and looked a mess. I asked one of the employees and she confirmed they were closing for good.
My opinion is that Austin needs one more TRU in the central part of town. Every one is on the outskirts and a pain to get too. TRU should have fixed up the store at Capital Plaza, that would have left one real close to me!

Reaction score
Letovx said:
My opinion is that Austin needs one more TRU in the central part of town. Every one is on the outskirts and a pain to get too. TRU should have fixed up the store at Capital Plaza, that would have left one real close to me!
Yea that one was just up the street from my house!! Sucked that it closed. So many memories!!

Reaction score
At the Kay-Bee in Barton Creek Mall, I saw a Saga Bib Fortuna along with all the Palpatines. So they had some new stuff...

I'm not going to miss Kay-Bee. They were always overpriced and kept old stock. Every Kay-Bee I've been to always has these action figures from the short-lived RoboCop television series. There's always at least one peg with those figures, and they're always still listed at full price. Sure enough, at this Kay-Bee, there they were, still at full price. I looked at the back of the figures, and they're from 1994. Almost twelve years now that they've kept those guys in stock. With such crappy inventory rotation, I'm surprised they lasted this long.