Any re-release plans for the Anakin AOTC FX?

Reaction score
Just curious if we'll ever see this Gen 1 updated to the newer style. I'd love to get this one with updated electronics. Maybe another Borders exclusive, since the Luke VI is going on moritorium.

Reaction score
Heck ya I'm all for this come on MR lets get a new AOTC anakin fx....or maybe a Obi AOTC fx
smirk.gif

Reaction score
jcoffman99 said:
How about a Luke ESB rerelease?
smile.gif

First FX I ever bought. I'd totally be behind a rerelease on that, too. It's so cool, I want everyone to have one!
grin.gif

Reaction score
DarthMatrix said:
...or maybe a Obi AOTC fx
smirk.gif

Oh, they've totally got to be working on that. But I would expect a Qui-Gon FX first, and then the Obi AOTC or TPM FX afterwards.

Reaction score
IronFist said:
DarthMatrix said:
...or maybe a Obi AOTC fx
smirk.gif

Oh, they've totally got to be working on that. But I would expect a Qui-Gon FX first, and then the Obi AOTC or TPM FX afterwards.

As long as they make them I can wait just wanna know there coming
smirk.gif

Reaction score
From what I heard from a guy on fxsabers.com the head of product development has no interest at this time in redoing the Anakin AOTC FX. Instead he wants to focus primarily on the OT after the Yoda FX
mad.gif

Reaction score
Jediscum said:
From what I heard from a guy on fxsabers.com the head of product development has no interest at this time in redoing the Anakin AOTC FX. Instead he wants to focus primarily on the OT after the Yoda FX
mad.gif

that sucks and there no way the Yoad Fx is gonna be even close to accurate so why bother? geez

Reaction score
Jediscum said:
mad.gif

Well there are only 3 OT FXs that have not been done...Luke ANH (which seems pointless to do really), Obi-Wan ANH (ewww, fat neck) and Vader ROTJ. We already have Vader ANH, Vader ESB, Luke ESB and Luke ROTJ. It's not like the OT is going to sustain the FX line for much longer....

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
It's not like the OT is going to sustain the FX line for much longer....

[/QUOTE]

exactly lets see some more PT or maybe dare I say EU fx sabers.
grin.gif
A Darth Bane fx would be great or darkwoman perhaps

Reaction score
I agree. It seems redundant to do yet another graflex based saber. Rumor, I emphasize rumor, is a ANH Luke for the anniversary.
mad.gif
I dont really like the new Obi so unless they figure out the neck issue I'd rather not waste time with another. PT really is the way to go.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with those that think making the other OT sabers would be a waste. Although, as I mentioned in another thread, I thought a "weathered" obi-wan might be kinda cool. Because it would at least complete a set like the Obi/Ani ROTS sabers. Not sure if creating the Vader ROTJ would be that great.
frown.gif

f they are on the same track they've been on the past 2 years, we might be able to see the ENTIRE set of lightsabers from all 6 movies by 2008. Don't know how much of a reality that is, but seeing how much they've done since 2004... the pathway to everything we all want is probably right around the corner.
smile.gif

I am a huge fan of the FX sabers and if I had to make a list of what I would want to get next:

1 - TPM Qui-Gon Jinn
2 - TPM Obi-Wan
3 - ROTS Dooku - I know it has been discussed already... maybe by 2008 they'll figure out how to make it work???
wink.gif

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what MR comes up with in the next couple years.

Reaction score
DanakinSkywalker said:
Hester21 said:
3 - ROTS Dooku - I know it has been discussed already... maybe by 2008 they'll figure out how to make it work???
wink.gif

If I can, they can.

Impressive... most impressive.

That's pretty sweet, Danakin. That must have taken a lot of planning and patience to build that. Nice work. I guess my "dream" of having a Dooku FX really ISN'T that far fetched.

Reaction score
Jediscum said:
mad.gif

Yes, its true.
When I sat down with Bryan after the first night of SDCC ended, we talked about a lot of things and one of the other MR employess had asked Bryan if he thought about redoing the Anakin AOTC FX. Bryan got a grimace on his face and shook his head emphatically, "No...I really don't want to do that one again. For next year we want to retain a concentration on Original Trilogy items" So as of right now, they have no intention of redoing the AOTC Anakin, which when you think about it would incorporate a complete retooling of how the saber was initially made since the Gen1 Anakin is completely different from all other FX sabers in its construction.

Would I like to see an AOTC Anakin? Heck yes I would, my 2002 Anakin is cool, but its just a display piece as it is so fragile. I would love to see one with more robust construction like the Darth Maul or Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
With the anniversary of star wars next year, it makes sense that they'd want to do OT lightsabers.
tongue.gif
I'm not interested in any OT FX lightsabers to be honest.