Any plans for MR to do a version of the X-Wing?

Reaction score
With the amazing MR replicas of the Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, and Falcon, this awe inspiring rebel starfighter would be a sure fire hit.

Reaction score
EP4 version would be nice, with 2 interchangeable R2 vers., one regular, and one fried.

Reaction score
Episode V, crashed into the Dagobah swamp. Press a button on the fully-scultped display base and the swamp "steams" water vapor. Pressing the other button has a digital recording of Yoda saying, "Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally, it is." And all this comes packaged with the Frank Oz Signature Edition plaque.

Reaction score
IronFist said:
Episode V, crashed into the Dagobah swamp. Press a button on the fully-scultped display base and the swamp "steams" water vapor. Pressing the other button has a digital recording of Yoda saying, "Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally, it is." And all this comes packaged with the Frank Oz Signature Edition plaque.

..... just keep it nice and simple, right?

Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me. I don't buy SS anyway. I just thought I'd throw that out there for something unique for the 30th Anniversary.

Reaction score
hmmm, dave..do you have a thing for ESB stuff???

I would prefer to see it in 07 as the ANH version.

for the ESB version it would be later if at all.

Reaction score
damon5973 said:

...best friggan movie ever!

Reaction score
Re: Any plans for MR to do a version of the X-Wing

Last I heard the X-Wing and Tie Fighter models were on tour in Asia - should be available next year if I remember correctly. Hopefully MR will get their hands on the X-wing and TIE Fighter in time for the 30th Anniversary

Reaction score

i think code 3 did a good job with the x-wing, but i'd be up for a tie fighter!

....although, i'd still really want a landspeeder more

Reaction score
JediDave76 said:
damon5973 said:

...best friggan movie ever!

I'll second that

Reaction score

JediDave76 said:
i think code 3 did a good job with the x-wing
I have the Code 3 X-wing and it does not hold a candle next to my MR Snowspeeder nor AT-AT. MR has already shown they can do so much better. Bring it on!

Reaction score

Eventually i'm sure they'll do it. That, the TIE/ln and... the Star Destroyer

Reaction score

A Star Destroyer, yes. I'm making room for it as we speak...

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

Yes

Reaction score

I would say a Studio Scale X-Wing from Master Replicas is a no brainer for next year. While not confirmed if they announced it, it'd be one of the least surprising announcements they've made. I think they should offer two versions one pristine and one battle damaged with fried R2 droid as mentioned above.

Reaction score

While I would love an x-wing I personally can't wait for a Jedi Starfighter from Episode 3, Ani's yellow one in particular.

Reaction score

SS X-Wing would be awesome for next year. I can only pray that Bryan at MR has that on his list. I should have asked him when I had the chance.
My focus for this past year has been Blasters, I got the TESB Han early on for a deal from lukespop here and have an SE Boba ordered.
Next year I promised myself that I would get my first Studio Scale and I always told myself that If I was going to get a SS then my first one would have to be Luke's Red 5 X-wing. Its just my favorite ship and the MOST iconic star wars ship ever...even more so than the Falcon, in my opinion.

So, please MR...do a Studio Scale X-Wing with Light FX(like those on the Falcon) and give us what we really crave!

Reaction score
IronFist said:
(In a South Park Cartman voice) sweet

Reaction score
Please do it in 2009 onwards... I have no money left after spending it on the MILFalcon.

Reaction score

yodaman said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Yes

[/QUOTE]

When you're right, you're right

Reaction score

It would be cool if they did an X-Wing ICONS-style in that the base was the Death Star Surface.

And they could do a TIE Fighter companion piece.

Reaction score

Jay_the_Lesser said:
It would be cool if they did an X-Wing ICONS-style.
X-wing needs glass windows like the movie prop, and Luke in his orange flight suit. Other-wise the X-wing looks empty.

Icons X-wing looks great because it had the figure. Same goes for the orginal Star Wars props on tour

If the wings are moveable I'll buy 2 so I can pose one in flight and one on the ground

Reaction score

It would be interesting to see a Luke figure in the cockpit, but somehow I don't think MR will take that approach. The Snowspeeder didn't have one, so I would guess the Xwing wouldn't. Either way I'm down for one. Just PLEASE have a display case cover for this model.

Reaction score

yodaman said:
It would be interesting to see a Luke figure in the cockpit, but somehow I don't think MR will take that approach. The Snowspeeder didn't have one, so I would guess the Xwing wouldn't. Either way I'm down for one. Just PLEASE have a display case cover for this model.
I would be okay either way with a figure/without. Since there are no figures in either the Snowspeeder or Y-Wing I would lean more toward figureless for consistency. Same thing for the glass in the canopy. Since neither the Snowspeeder, Y-Wing or Falcon has glass in the canopies; neither should the X-Wing for consistency as well.

I also echo what Yodaman said about the acrylic cover, I’ll willingly pay more for the item, just give us the whole unit complete including the display case and cover.

Reaction score

Shadow Same thing for the glass in the canopy. Since neither the Snowspeeder said:
I thought I read that the X-wing's canopy had been designed to have glass in the windows, and it was taken into account durring the build that a certain design or shape would allow them to use a very thin glass and control reflections for filming.

If MR skips the glass and the figure it will keep the value of the Icon X-wing (with droopy wings and guns) very high...because Icons X-wing will still be the only prop copy of the orginal prop. It will be the top model, still after 11 years, I'll have to go back to shopping for one of those [censored], when I'd much rather have a new MR version.

I've seen a few Icon models showing-up on ebay. Sellers cashing-out while MR's X-wing is still in the rumor stages I guess.

The problem with no glass (and to a lesser extent, no figure) is that the X-wing cockpit is large, on top, and in the center of the model (its what the eye sees 1st) and unlike the snowspeeder or Y-wing (which both have the same shape) the big flat solid roof makes glass in the windows soooo much less important. Same to a smaller extent for the MF in the sense that you can't see straight down from the top into the cockpit. Only the X-wing has the top and sides all in glass.

I hope MR is listening. I don't want to have this conversation after the model is released and MR is trying to figure-out why people think the Icon is better and still #1. Do it right MR !!! Blow away that old Icon X-wing once and for all

P.S. just because it lights-up is not enough

P.S.S. My MR Nautilus has glass in the windows and it looks fantastic... so I know they can do it!

Reaction score

Well this if funny... I knew I read it some-where

Sculpting A Galaxy (inside the Star Wars Model Shop)
Just happens to be sitting new on my desk. If you look on page 26- "For the X-wing we wanted to have real glass in the windows. Windows are tricky for bluescreen work... But Joe Johnston understood this dynamic and designed the fighter to have faceted windows rather than curved shapes. Ultra-thin scentific slide glass gave most realistic lighting look...."

Get the book if you want to read the rest of the details (its a great book for $30 at Amazon)

Reaction score

They wanted to use real glass but they didn't.

Only one X-wing had "glass" in the canopy and that was the six foot X-Wing made for ROTJ but it never made it on screen. All miniatures for ANH, X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIEs, Did not have glass of any kind in the canopys.

Mauricio

Reaction score

I'll be completely in for this one.

Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing... displayed together would look awesome!

A Tie and a Vader's Tie would complete de Battle of Yavin set.

Reaction score

Mauricio said:
Falcon, X-Wing, Y-Wing... displayed together would look awesome!

A Tie and a Vader's Tie would complete de Battle of Yavin set.
DROOL . . . . what a set-up that would be!

Reaction score

how would the wings be? opened or closed? motorized??

I guess opened is more action oriented..

I would ge one..only AFTER the bowcaster

Reaction score

damon5973 said:
how would the wings be? opened or closed? motorized??
There was a rumbling at the RPF from MR Barry that the X-wing would be cool if it had adjustable wings. Maybe a foreshadowing of what's to come?

Reaction score

Of course you'd have to buy two regular ties to put with the vader tie

Reaction score

I'd probably go for an X-Wing if it was offered!

Reaction score

This question has now been answered, WOO-HOO!!!

Please give it adjustable wings and lighting!