Any other SW celebrations coming up?

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rumor has it 2007 might see one as it is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars : A New Hope !

C-4 : It's gonna be a BLAST!

;-)

Reaction score
Dustin said:
Rumor has it 2007 might see one as it is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars : A New Hope !

C-4 : It's gonna be a BLAST!

;-)
I'll see you all there!

Reaction score
I caught word during C3 that the next Celebration will take place at different regions throughout the country (Southwest, New England, Midwest, etc.). This would make travel a lot easier for most of us, but it would be interesting to see how they handle celebrity appearances and the like.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
I'd much rather Celebration IV take place at a single location as opposed to having it broken up into regional shows. I like the aspect of seeing friends at a single show, as opposed to missing folks due to regional attendance.

-Mike

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The_Chosen_1 said:
I caught word during C3 that the next Celebration will take place at different regions throughout the country (Southwest, New England, Midwest, etc.). This would make travel a lot easier for most of us, but it would be interesting to see how they handle celebrity appearances and the like.
This is the first I've heard this rumor.

I heard it would either be back in INDY or possibly in Dallas.

Reaction score
Dustin said:
The_Chosen_1 said:
This is the first I've heard this rumor.

I heard it would either be back in INDY or possibly in Dallas.
I'd prefer Indy but I'd go to Dallas.

Reaction score
I've heard the CIV rumors too but I've heard Vegas in order to handle the amount of people. Either way, wherever it is I'll definitely be there!

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmm, Vegas!

I would love to see Vegas under the Star Wars influence. I've been before and it is a great town. My only concerns is there are so many distractions I might not remember the convention was going on.
Plus it would be a lot warmer too.

Indy was fine for C3 other than the rain and cold. Didn't make C2 but heard this was much improved. If they do go back to Indy, since it wouldn't be tied to a new film, perhaps they could push it back to the summer or something. Kids out of school would be able to attend, it would be warmer, etc. Just make sure it isn't around the same time as the 500 or the Brickyard 400.

Mike

Reaction score
Island_Raider said:
Indy was fine for C3 other than the rain and cold.
I'm guessing you didn't make it to Denver back in '99, then...Everyone who was there will know what I mean.

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Island Raider (Mike) wrote:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
If they do go back to Indy, since it wouldn't be tied to a new film, perhaps they could push it back to the summer or something. Kids out of school would be able to attend, it would be warmer, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I hope they don't move it to a summer month. That will make attendance extremely difficult for me. Here's hoping for another spring Celebration show! :^)

-Mike

Reaction score
Dallas gets my vote! No matter where it's at I'll be there again, I just hope someone else is running it! (or they at least have a better plan for the store)

Reaction score
I doubt C4 will be as crowded as C3, so Indy would still be a good choice. They are plans to expand the convention center, but it probably won't be ready in time. And they just opened the first 5 star hotel in Indy, so now Lucas has somewhere to stay if he comes back.

And I recently read the thread about C3 in the old C2 section. Almost everyone said that C3 would not be in Indy in 2005 and would be somewhere else.

Reaction score
I hope they have regional shows. It'll make it a heck of a lot easier in terms of travel IMO (especially if one ends up in New England!).

Reaction score
With as successful as C2 and C3 were (from a business perspective anyway, I know lots of fans were upset) I cannot imagine why they would ever consider moving C4 from Indy. A larger convention space, sure, but like someone said, it might not be as heavily attended as C3.

Regional shows? I'm guessing the people who are hoping for these don't realize the tremendous amount of work it takes to put on one convention, let alone 4 or 5 a year. I would be truely flabergasted if we saw regional Celebrations in 2007.

Reaction score
Celebration 4 was being rumoured to take place as Dustin stated in an earlier thread to be taking place in 2007 to coincide with the 30th Anniversary.

As for a location Indy was favourite again but with a different company hosting the show. I had heard that Official Pics impressed a great deal with their organisation of the autograph hall and as such may be the new company to run the show instead of the awful Gencon

But only time will tell!!

Reaction score
I would love to see it be in Indy again. Traveling there wasn't so bad (We drove from MA to there. It took 15 hours.) and it was fun. We got there a day early and even without C3, my uncles and I were never bored.

If it was a region thing I'd go for that. The New England one would most likely be in Boston. I live about an hour or so away from Boston, so I would love that!

I wouldn't see it being exclusively New England , though. Thay'd most likely have a North Eastern Celebration. Then, I'd see it being in NYC.

Reaction score
Even if this thing was in London or Timbuktu I'd be there. This may be the last Celebration for Star Wars unless they do the 30th for each film in the OT. I can't wait!

Reaction score
DarkJedi1981 said:
I've heard the CIV rumors too but I've heard Vegas in order to handle the amount of people. Either way, wherever it is I'll definitely be there!
Heh, Vegas, oh man that's just trouble and jailtime just waiting to happen.

.........I can't wait.

Reaction score
heh if it is in Vegas ill probably have all my money spent before the convention starts lol, not just gambling ethier lol

Reaction score
I distinctly remember hearing 'Vegas' come from someone high up on the Lucasfilm ladder - but then again, maybe I just had too many 'Dead Wookiees" that last night!

Guess time will tell...