Any one up for a get together?

Reaction score
I see quite a few folks from the Seattle Area...any of you guys ever get together and talk about collecting? Do you guys know each other? Has anyone put together a collecting meeting? Wanna put one together? I have looked in Olympia but have come up with no one to talk about my addiction...help.

Reaction score
I know around EP1, there were meetings all the time. I never attended them, cause I just started a new job, and didn't really have the time.

Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Maybe once a month? I've only seen a few collectors in person myself. We could meet at a coffee shop (like Starbucks or the ones inside Borders).

Reaction score
Great! Good start...
If you have any thought as to when and where exactly?
Grabbing something at a Red Robin type place is also a possibility too. Just a chance to meet a few of you local scummers would be really fun!
-Tom

Reaction score
I'd be more than up for this!

However, I'm out of town for the majority of the month, so it would have to have a set date about a month ahead of time.

Reaction score
Anyone want to name a time and place?
Perhaps somewhere in the Tukwila area? Lot's a possibilities for grub there...

Reaction score
Yeah South Center is pretty central..If anyone on the eastside/Sno County want to meet up also around Lynnwood..I would all for that too.

Reaction score
Alright Tukwila.
To maybe get the maximum amount of interest, I say we hold off maybe until next week. Does an upscale burger joint (Red Robin) sound O.K.? Perhaps a weekday may work better than say a weekend? I'm open to suggestion. This should be fun!!! I may actually recognise some of you, seeing I have been collecting (and searching) in the area for quite a number of years....

Reaction score
I would be....but I have Comic Con coming up. Maybe the first week in August would be a little beter. We could also get more people together.

Reaction score
Bugger...

I might have to miss out on this first meeting. Set a date and I'll see if I can make it. I'm in Memphis, TN right now for my simulator training. I'll see if I can get back for it!

Reaction score
How does Thursday the 12th sit with everybody? Red Robin in Tukwila at 7:00 pm???

-Tom

Reaction score
I'm in. And I think two other collectors from my town will be there as well. Once we get an approximate head count, should we call ahead? Just in case they need to move some tables around for a large group.

Reaction score
Good call Zoltar! I think as the days count down, we should get a head count as to who will be attending. I makes it easier on everybody. Let's have the cut off date the day before the get together....

Reaction score
Yes, 11th of August. Let's say 12 noon on that day. I have myself and 3 others from the Galactic Hunter forums that plan on attending.

Reaction score
Uhhhh....Wednesday at noon isn't going to work for me. I was thinking more along the lines of evening...5 or 6 or even later if need be. That's smack dab in the middle of the work week.

Reaction score
I meant August 11th at noon is the cut off date for people to say if they are attending or not. Then we call Red Robin and let them know that at 7pm on the 12th there will be "X" people coming in. At least the 12th is what was listed in an earlier post.

Will this still work?

Reaction score
Sorry! Thanks for making that clear....I look forward to it!
Nice to have a face to face forum for a change!!!

Reaction score
Well looks like 5 people total have signed up from GH to be at Red Robin Thursday night. Tom, would you mind being the one to call Red Robin for the reservations?

Reaction score
Bummer, I'll be at work
If anyone feels like doing a night thing, maybe in Tacoma sometime, that would be cool.
j

Reaction score
Yup! I'll be calling on the 11th for the 12th at 7:00 pm?

...never called RR for a reservation. Wonder if they take em? I guess I'll see soon enough.

Reaction score
Hey guys...what I would like to do do is get a head count by 5pm on the 11th. That way we get enough room for everybody. So mark your calenders...
-Tom

Reaction score
Tom_Berges said:
Hey guys...what I would like to do do is get a head count by 5pm on the 11th. That way we get enough room for everybody. So mark your calenders...
-Tom
Which Red Robin?

Reaction score
On the first page of the thread, I believe they had selected the Red Robin next to South Center Mall.

Reaction score
Correct Josh! The one in the BestBuy parking lot. About half a mile south of the mall on South Center Blvd.
You can't miss it!!!

Reaction score
Tom_Berges said:
Correct Josh! The one in the BestBuy parking lot. About half a mile south of the mall on South Center Blvd.
You can't miss it!!!
Right thanks for the info I might be able to come.

Reaction score
Any more additions to our meeting...better speak up now.
Gonna call RR later tonight. Deadline is 5pm tonight.
-Tom

Reaction score
Deadline time!!!
13 have hinted about showing up...I am making reservations for a rounded-up number of 15 people. Here is the number to the Red Robin and the address (if you need to plug it into MapQuest or something):

Red Robin America's Gourmet Burgers & Spirits
17300 Southcenter Pkwy
Tukwila, WA 98188 - 3316
(206) 575-8382

-HERE IS THE NEWS! THEY DO NOT TAKE RESERVATIONS. THEY WILL PUT US ON THE LIST ONCE 80% OF OUR PARTY IS THERE AND PRESENT.-

I will be there at Red Robin at 6:45pm and wait for you. Once we have some type of gathering...we can get the name put in. The wait should not be too bad. And their food is pretty good! So I think it will be worth the time for everyone involved! I should be easy to recognise-I will be in my LucasArts hat. So on a good note, if you still feel like showing up and have not posted...just come on down to Red Robin in SouthCenter and join us!

See you guys there!!!
-Tom

Remeber the meeting is at 7:00 on Thursday the 12th of August! Tomorrow!!!

Reaction score
Awwww....NUTS!
Yeah Josh, I guess you won!
Hey everybody, thanks for a great time. It is so cool to get together and talk about something we all enjoy! Good seeing everybody. A very nice attendence for our first meeting!