ANY ONE IN JAPAN?

Reaction score
blue_snag said:
Thanks for the offer
I already have the bossk and ig-88 and han. I was just curious if you could buy them in stores like regular rots stuff,or if they were only sold at certain places.
Yeah, plenty of collectors' stores have them. I was looking at some today.

Reaction score
I got up to Hachinohe yesterday, still tons of ROTS there and no Saga in sight. They did have the EE exclusive clone troop builder packs (which I missed) so that was cool. got one of those and I want to get back up there to get one each of the other sets. They also had 1 Covert Ops clone but I passed on it.

Reaction score
EE sold them for $34.99, and the TRU sells for 3,499 yen. Comes out a little cheaper since the exchange rate is typically around 120 yen to $1.

Reaction score
How ARE things in Japan...?

I will be traveling to visit family in Osaka (Nishinomiya), Koriyama, Tokyo/Yokohama & Kobe for three weeks. I'll be arriving on the 26th. How are things for collectors there? When I was there in April 2000, I was able to find all of the hard-to-find waves of figures from the Episode I line at various Toys R Us stores.

Can anyone give me some help on where to go, where to look and so forth?

Arigato-gozaimasu!!

Reaction score
Re: How ARE things in Japan...?

When you're in Nishinomiya (which is actually in Hyogo), take JR towards Kobe and get off at Motomachi which one stop after Sannomiya. Walk in the direction of Kobe (which is the next station) and there is an arcade that is actually under the train line (known as "Motokou"). There are heaps of SW and other toys along there for you to check out.

Getting to Motomachi from Nishinomiya will only take you ten minutes or so. Convenient!

EDIT: Of course it's just as easy coming from Kobe City.

Reaction score

Awesome... I like shopping at the Motomachi Promenade, and that's on the schedule for the first day. That's a great help to me. Thank you!!

Reaction score

No problem. Motokou is pretty long, BTW. It gets pretty close to Kobe station towards the end. I have no idea what you collect, but the last time I went there wasn't much past the "6th" section (each section is divided by a street).

Reaction score

Are there any toy shops in Kyoto that have Star Wars
merchandise? I forgot to ask this question earlier in
this section. I was looking for action fleet and
micromachines. Also, a belated thanks to TX_412 for the
info on stores in Tokyo that has Star Wars merchandise!!!

Reaction score

I can't say much about Kyoto, but I did find another TRU at Aomori. Almost the same deal as Hachinohe, lots of ROTS and some stuff that was exclusive in the states. Only thing of note for me were the Utapau Shadow troopers that I never found back in the states. They did have Saga figures at this one but just up to the Hoth wave

Reaction score

I've been to the one to Aomori. Yeah, isn't it a long car ride lol

Reaction score
How ARE things in Japan...?

I know of the one in Koriyama and I think there was one in Kobe in the same building as the Hard Rock. I'm getting really excited!

Reaction score
Star Wars in OSAKA?!

Hey guys...I'm heading up to Osaka on Friday and I'm hoping to make some fun-filled toy runs!

Does anyone know or recommend toy stores where I might find some nice Star Wars stuff?

I guess I'm looking for older stuff, Episode 1, POTF2, so if anyone knows, any info would be great!

Reaction score
Re: NEW FIGS AT BX!!!

RogueLeader, I went to the bx tonight and they had most of the carkoon wave up till hoth wave!! I can't beleive they restocked today. I picked up a Boba Fett, AT-AT Driver, General Veers, and a Snowtrooper. Go stop by sometime.

Reaction score
Re: NEW FIGS AT BX!!!

I saw that when I stopped in last night
I had already found up to that point while I was still in the states, but I'm glad you finally got a shot at them. I went to Hachinohe today and they had the Geonosis wave! I got a Scorch, Sora Bulq and Sun Fac. I got the only Scorch and there was no sign of any Utapau clones, but they had several of the others there.

Reaction score
Toys R Us - Koriyama...

Stopped in at the local "toyzarasu" (Toys R Us to you Americans) and picked up the ROTS Kotobukiya Vader. It's very impressive and set me back about $75. Not too bad, really.

There are tons of ROTS figures on the pegs here. I picked up the loathesome hologram figures of Ayla and Plo just 'cos I could. I also picked up an extra Red and Blue Senate Guard since they were pretty abundant. I also snagged that ridiculous fatty, Scorch, that everyone is looking for. Apparently, he is wanted here as well. It was the last one. They had a few of the Hoth and Geonosis figures on the pegs but that was it for the new stuff.

I picked up the R2-Q5 and R4-P17 remote control figures 7cos they were about $14 a piece and were abundant.

The nice thing about the Japanese TRUs, which I forgot from the previous visit, is that they put single characters on the pegs so you don't really need to rifle through all of them to search for the ones you are looking for.

Having a good time beyond the shopping. Peace!

Reaction score
Re: Toys R Us - Koriyama...

Yeah man... I hear you on the abundance of figs. Lots of stuff out there! One thing cool is that Star Wars is popular...but not to the point it is in other countries so things usually are not picked over. Well, especially where I live, sort of a rural area of Japan. They have like almost over ROTS basic figure still on the shelves here!

Plus they got a really large selection of Kotobukiya's, too.

It's fun cuz it's like almost having the whole Star Wars toys section for myself!

Geeky, I know.

Reaction score

Yeah I love these Japanese TRU's. They are abundant in everything lol. So like if I need, let's say, Mace Windu, they would have it.

Reaction score

AT_RT_Driver said:
Yeah I love these Japanese TRU's. They are abundant in everything lol. So like if I need, let's say, Mace Windu, they would have it.
Actually, Mace Windu is the ONE figure that I have only seen like once...and that's when I bought it. Ever since then...the pegs have been filled with everyone, but him! Wish I had another one though, cuz I opened it and would like a non-open one.

Reaction score

Looks like TRU's saga updates have ground to a halt, at least for the time being. No sign of the Coruscant wave or VTSC.

Reaction score

Yeah I went to the Hach TRU on Saturday and got the only Sun Fac left. When I went I was on the hopes of getting a Scorch hehe.

Reaction score

I've still got that extra scorch, if you get tired of the hunt

Reaction score
New figures at Hachinohe

TRU has the Coruscant wave as of today. They are on a display just as you walk inside, and a couple of cases out at least.

Reaction score
Re: New figures at Hachinohe

Amazingly enough, the BX has stuff that's less than 6 months old. New Saga packaged vehicles and the Endor & Tatooine waves. Plenty of it from the looks too.

Reaction score

US collector needs help from fellow Japanese collector.

Gentle Giant produces mini-busts for SW and this summer at the Blister event on June 16th in Tokyo, they will have a limited edition mini-bust of Commander Neyo.

I will be heading to SW Celebration IV in los angeles, and if there is anything anyone needs from that event from Hasbro or other Gentle Giant convention exclusives, let me know. I'd love to set-up a trade for the Commander Neyo minibust from someone who will be attending Blister.

Anyone interested, please PM me. The more, the merrier.

Reaction score

DarthCitrix said:
US collector needs help from fellow Japanese collector.

Gentle Giant produces mini-busts for SW and this summer at the Blister event on June 16th in Tokyo, they will have a limited edition mini-bust of Commander Neyo.

I'd love to set-up a trade for the Commander Neyo minibust from someone who will be attending Blister.

Anyone interested, please PM me. The more, the merrier.
I am in the same boat. I have other GG minibusts I am willing to trade for a Neyo mini bust. Any help would be appreciated. If you are interested, send me a PM as well. Thanks!
Dave