Any Long Island Finds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Holbrook TRU had the new X-wing, but I got the last one on the shelf. Might pay to check the other TRUs Sat. morning. Also, don't forget the clonetrooper promo. Here it is Fri night and the cashier still had no clue of the promo and there is only one day left, but I got it.

Mike

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the end of the promotion.I will be getting some tomorrow.

Reaction score
Nothing really new out there this morning. Checked Targets in Farmingdale, Levittown and Copiague, Walmart at Sunrise and TRU in Levittown, nothing we haven't seen before. keith

Reaction score
Toys R Us Commack had lots of the Red Leader X-Wing, as well as tons of the Silver Clone Trooper.

Target Commack North had a bunch of Anakin Secret Ceremony, Aayla Secura, Barris Offee, Ashla & Jempa, Yoda & Chian, Throne Room Duel Luke and Vader. They also had a few of Ultra Jabba, Jango, and Obi-Wan.

They did have a couple of the clearance vehicles, but my son didn't mention anything when he saw them, so we passed on them.

On a non-SW note, they did have the new Mattel Batman & Robin 2-pack that includes the formerly hard-to-find Battle Board Robin. We've been looking for that one since October last year when we got the Batmobile. Funny thing is that my son isn't even playing with it now... I guess he's a completist in some ways (he still wants us to buy him the new Thomas The Tank Engine toys, even though he doesn't even play with them any more...)

Reaction score
There's nothing out there. Checked Target in Farmingdale (though they did have some of the hall of fame) and Targets in Levittown and Copiague. Also the Walmart at Sunrise, nothing like usual. If anyone sees the Star Destroyer Wave again let me know, still missing that Dengar.
Damn its quite around here this week. Keith

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything in so long, I've pretty much given up the hunt. I'm thinking about ordering some of the votc waves by the case. Are there two of each figure in those cases? If so, maybe someone would want to split cases? I'm not sure that's the route I am going to take, but if they're supposed to be harder to find than what is out there right now, it frightens me. I have not seen a 2004 figure on the pegs since the Hoth wave. Everything I have picked up since that wave has either been hidden for me or ordered from Amazon. Seems like the Ultras and unleashed are the only things I run into new.

Anyone on here from Suffolk county? My friend who lives out east says that some of the '04 waves are starting to sit on the shelves. He's seen Tanus 6 times. (I asked him to pick him up for me if he sees him again.) Either Nassau has more collectors or crappier distribution.

Reaction score
I'm out in the far reaches of Suffolk county and your friend is either in a better spot or pulling your leg.I have not seen so much as one single Tannus on any shelf.I have only seen the J'quille wave once and they were all smashed.I still bought one for me and one for my nephew.

I finally found the R1 last week or so,and the ones I left didn't last a day.I have seen a dutch and a dodonna on beat cards at my local Kmart on my last two visits(slightly crunched bubbles on both).Strangely enough they put out a case of Aayla and Barriss Offee and Yoda and chian in the past day or so.But you can't find a single new figure in any of the outlets out here.

I would venture up island but I fear,as Kenny so aptly put it,there isn't enough to go around.

I have almost given up on the 12 inch line altogether.I haven't seen anyone but Ben yet.Not alot has changed in my quick perusal from the previous version to warrant a purchase unless I desired to see a different colored box with an as yet undistinguishable difference mixed in with all the other boxed figures.I just can't bring myself to open them and thus ruin their charm.For once I break the seal I realize how unmoving and utterly childlike they truly are..

Quiet is not even beginning to describe the frustration I am feeling with the attempt to find the aliens.I could care less about the umpteenth version of darth or luke or han or leia or ben ad infinitum...

Reaction score
I havent gone out in about a week. i went out on thursday but thats it. I am pretty much caught up except for the ewok glider. are the new OTL figures out yet?

Reaction score
The Endor Generals wave is next, right? Or has that already hit? Then OTC. I had heard that the OTC figs. should start hitting shelves in june/july. Hopefully with the dvd releases, stores will order a little more heavily on those.

I just really don't understand the retail situation right now. You'd think their buyers would realize that their stores constantly have nothing but empty pegs and would order more. I can't remember the last time I went into a Target and saw more than one or two figures on the pegs.

Reaction score
Scum - I sent you a PM.

Nothing out there this week end. The pegs are empty. I can't wait for the Endor wave and the Ewok glider to start hitting stores.

Reaction score
walmart in mass really sucks. somebody made a great scam and bought cheapo value packs from KB and returned them there. now the pegs are full of pegwarmers!

Reaction score
Originally posted by miscus555:
walmart in mass really sucks. somebody made a great scam and bought cheapo value packs from KB and returned them there. now the pegs are full of pegwarmers!
<font size="2" face="arial">nAH....they actually received an old case. the toy manager told me today!

Reaction score
Levittown TRU has the clone wars packaged spider droids. There were two on the pegs and I stuck another two behind the simpsons playsets on the bottom shelf if anyone is still looking for them.
They also had an Obi-wan night club figure. Weird bunch of older stuff there...

Oh yeah, the CW droids were 7 something, not the 10+ they were originally...

Reaction score
nothing at COPAIGUE TARGET AND MASSAPEQUA WALMART as of 8am today.

nothing @ walmart in uniondale either.

Reaction score
Wow. It's gotten really quiet around here again.

Guess I was the only one who cared about the spider droids since they were still there the other day. I had never seen these on the shelves before, so it was cool to me.

Nothing at all new otherwise, though.

Reaction score
TOYS R US FREEPORT got a crap load of silver clone troopers.

those of you that collect GI JOE, they had the newest wave (BARONESS WAVE)

Reaction score
TOYS R US FREEPORT HAD NOTHING EITHER.

Reaction score
Yeah, nothing much thats new is out there as of late. checked Targets at Copiague, Farmingdale and Levittown and nothing. Also the walmart at Sunrise had nothing new. keith

Reaction score
gmac - did you ever get my last pm? I replied to yours...

I talked to a guy today who said he found the ewok w/glider ultra at the Freeport TRU. Where exactly is that store? I've never checked it out...

Reaction score
So, is anyone still out there?

I guess if Kenny isn't finding anything, none of us are.

Levittown TRU continues to get a lot of strange, older stuff. They had a ton of the AOTC preview wave figures in the other day.

Anyone else hate the new board system here? I wasn't able to post until today and the thing keeps freezing up on me.

Reaction score
FREEPORT TRU is on sunrise highway just west of te meadowbrook parkway.

odd hearing TRU got it though!

Reaction score
I know. I'm a little skeptical that they actually had it, but I figured it was worth taking a look...

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Kenny is correct, Target is the place for new figures. In the past two days I found the Bossk wave and then the Madine wave, Both in Setauket. Seems like they are only putting out a case at a time though.

Mike

Reaction score
I found the han and madine with lando general in east farmingdale Target tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.