Any Londoners with woodworking skills?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

We need some help with the collecting panels. Many of you may have seen the big medallion displays we had in the room at C4. Here's an image of the Roadshow panel.
C4 panel

Well, we are planning the same for CE, but we don't have a way to support them. For C4 we used very cheap easels such as this. However, they are pretty pricey in London and shipping them over won't be any better. Plus, we didn't save the ones from C4.
Easel

Is anybody willing and able to make some up for us? We need 12 and I think it can be done with 3 broomsticks or some type of garden post. They don't have to be much or look like much. The displays are very lightweight and might be 2 kg at best.

Here's a crude drawing of what we need. The bottom line is that they need to be as cheap as possible. It's just a few nuts and bolts and some sticks really. They will be disposed of after the convention. No painting required.
drawing

If anybody can help with this please let me know. We could probably spare a few medallions for your efforts. But not a whole set.

Thanks a lot!

-chris

Reaction score
I will stand and hold the posters for a set of medallions

I bet someone can help you out...if you dont get any help PM me

Reaction score
you could get people in costumes to hold them like the ladies that hold up the round cards in boxing

Reaction score
i cant make them for you but i can give you easy instructions to do it yourself, if your interested let me know chris
tel

Reaction score
I appreciate the humor but we need help with these. They have to sit on those stands 9 hours a day for 3 days. So, while the thought of a dozen slave Leias holding up the displays is interesting, I think they'd get tired.
Any serious help offers?

John

Reaction score
mine actually was a serious offer, after the materials are bought they can be knocked together in an hour tops.

Reaction score
I just happened to hit reply after I read your post but I didn't mean you.
Sorry.

John

Reaction score
no problem john

i was even thinking if knowone can do it i can if the materials are all there. ive about an hour or 2 to kill between my landing and the show starting. the only problem is the mess (woodchips) but if theres a side door near they could be cut there. let me know if you havent any other offers
tel

Reaction score
Chaps - there is a shop in the UK called 'The Works'. It sells remaindered books, CDs and VHS. They also get art equipment. I remember walking in there on many occasion and seeing quite cheap easels for sale. It depends how many you want but it might be worth getting someone who lives near the event to check out the local shop.

Reaction score
If you want to go in the cheap and easy. I could send you a
rough sketch on how I can build a strudy, free standing or
flyable span to any dimension and highth you needed using
Schedule 40 PVC and a dozen or so fittings. Will be arriving
on Thursday morning, could put it together in about a hour or so.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FYI - Marc has solved the problem.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Marc, thehandyone

Chris 2kg/display estimate is fortunately a bit too much. They will be more
like 0.5kg a piece, so you don't need to weld together solid metal pipes

Mattias