Any good local Oregon stores have good toys, rares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Any good local Oregon stores have good toys, r

Knaves said:
I found a scorch and utapau clone today at the fred meyer by my house.
You're a luckier man than I am then. I've come to the conclusion that the Portland area is just too rife with collectors/scalpers who have enough free time to cover virtually every major store right when they open for me to continue hunting anymore.

I'm ordering cases from EE from now on starting with the Coruscant wave since I have all of Geonosis minus the two clones.

Hopefully a Scorch slips through the cracks and ends up in my possession without having to resort to ebay.

Reaction score

I feel the same way. Plus there is nothing on the pegs anyways. Maybe when the VTSC figures come out, more regular Saga figs will hit.

Reaction score

Well, I forced myself to go to Salem today (I'm a big baby when I catch a cold), But luck was with me
They just got some ROTS mega buy 2 packs. I picked up a Tarkin/Tac Ops Trooper, Plo Koon/C-3PO and a Count Dooku/Ask Aak. I needed the Tac Ops, 3po and Ask Aak for my set.

Then I hit Shop-Ko and found Meena Tills (salmon color) I needed him for my set also. All in all a good day now I need just 6 more ROTS figures for my set

I also got a good hit in on all the Hot Wheels collectors that like to scalp Star Wars
I bought up all the 69 Dodge Chargers from the Classics line (there were only 3), they just put out a new case and the 68/69/70 chargers are my 2nd favorite car right behind 70/71 ford torinos, so I had to buy them

Reaction score

I was really really close to go to EE for my figures. But without a steady job it's hard for me to save up that much. Apperantly all the Vancouver Fred Meyer's are all stocking wave 3. But it'll be a hit or miss. I visited another Fred Meyer across town and they had Yoda, Poggle and Sun Fac. Maybe the fred meyer's threw Oregon will do the same.

Oh and thats a greta find! we haven't been able to find any 501st mega packs, so we probably wont.

Reaction score

Tonight I saw 4 or 5 501 packs @ TRU off 217. Most of them were in the overhead bin. They also had the Hoth wave.

Reaction score

Target in Salem has some of the Coruscant wave in. I just missed getting a Clone Trooper and as I was reaching for Grievous the same guy that got the clone grabbed Grievous from right in front of me, I didn't want him that bad anyway, but I think the guy was a scalper
either way he was a rude S.O.B. even if he turns out to be a collector he's on my bad side because of the Grievous ordeal.

I did buy Anakin and I got Darth Vader from the Hoth wave. They had 2 more Vaders but all that's left from the Coruscant wave were Lushros Dofine and Holo Ki-Adi

Reaction score

On a grocery run at Target at Tanasbourne I stopped by the SW aisle and they had about a dozen total figures from Carkoon, Hoth, and Geonosis.

I finally picked up a Chewie and got my second AT-AT Driver. I was particularly pleased with the AT-AT Driver because its only the second one I've seen and it had the Vader holo.

Reaction score

Hey guys I got lucky and picked up the fire pilot and an orange clone today @ the WS Mall Target. I got them to bring em out from the back. They didn’t bring out Cody of course.
I then drove over to the Target next to Home D and they had 4 walking Vaders. Anyway I also got some store counts to pass along:

WS 15
Tanasbourne 50

Hillsboro 21
PDX NW ( N Hayden ST) 40
Willsonville 7
PDX East SE Washington ST 48
Clackamas 14
Vancouver NW 3
Vancouver 5

If any of you find an extra Cody could you pick him up for me?

Later

Reaction score

I've got the EE case with two Cody's in it on pre-order so if I see a Cody in a store (incredibly unlikely since I don't hunt in the mornings anymore) I'll definitely pick one up for you.

Reaction score

Salem's TRU restocked the ROTS value packs. I have a friend over in John Day that needed a Padme so I picked up a pack with her and the Tac Ops Trooper. Padme for him and the Tac Ops for me
Now I have a loose Tac Ops, first clone I've ever opened.

The Saga they had was picked over, but there were some of the Geonosis wave there and some peg warmers from Hoth.
-------

Also tomorrow or today (Sunday the 19th) There is a Flea Market at the Salem Fairgrounds. from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. I think it's $2 to get in. I have had some good finds there, but also lot of nothing sometimes too

And Sat. March 25th there is a toy show in Salem at the Methodist Church at 4455 Silverton Rd. 9am to 3pm. This one is free to get in. Not sure what it will be like, I've never been to one there, but I'm going to check it out

If your in the Salem area at the time they might be fun to check out, but I doubt they will be worth a special trip

Russ

Reaction score

Oh man...i don't like how wave 4 is showing up, lol. MOre stuff for me to go searching for and not find for a month, lol. This last weekend my girlfriend surprised me with a titanium boba fett, that was cool. It's a really nice display peice. it's up on my shelf with my Mpire fett, transformer, christmas ornimate, holograph picture and autographed picture, lol. i'm looking forward to the IG-88, Bossk and 501st.

Reaction score

Hey I got some updated # at lunch time today:
WS 47
Tanasbourne 111
Hillsboro 39
PDX NW ( N Hayden ST) 40
Willsonville 63
PDX East SE Washington ST 48
Clackamas 67
Gateway 7
Sherwood 7

Reaction score

Picked up my first Utapau Clone at Tanasbourne Target this morning. I got there at 8:00 and there was already another collector there. When they opened the doors he briskly hauled over to the SW aisle and combed through half a dozen pegs of figures and pulled out two Utapau Clones.

When I got there I asked if I could have one and he graciously obliged.

So my experiences with Oregon collectors have been really quite nice. A cool guy from this board hooked me up with a Scorch last week
and now someone else just hands over a Utapau Clone.

If any one else wants to head over to that Target there were still a couple of Jangos, Bobas, a Snowtrooper, two R2-D2's, a couple Chewies, Hans, and Leias and about half a dozen Vaders and AT-AT Drivers each.

Reaction score

I have stopped there a few times before work and found nothing 30min after opening.

Reaction score

I had to get cat food @ pet co during my lunch break and made the trip over to Target and they mostly had Vaders on the pegs. Earlier in the week I got someone to bring out a case from the back and luckily it had Cody in it.

Reaction score

Salem
TRU: nothing
Wal-Mart: nothing
Walgreens: nothing
Fred Meyers: nothing
didn't go to Target but I'm sure they had nothing

The Wal-Mart by Lowes did have some Vaders, and AT AT drivers.

This is really starting to suck

Reaction score

I finally found some figures. I hate Walmart but went into one on SR500 and Mill Plain. They had the Hoth wave minus Veers and almost all of the Geonosis wave. I picked up a MOMC AT-AT Driver and R2-D2.

Reaction score

I'm not a fan of Walmart either but that was the one i found three utapau clones at, lol. i got there when they opened all of those cases, they had like six. so i didn't buy all the clones, i told my friend that they had them and he drove out there and the rest were already gone. the last three sold with in an hour...heh.
I also went to the Target in Keizer on sunday, the had gobs of Bib fortuna and han solo and a lonely lushros dofine. so i got there just a little to late.

Reaction score

Salem and Albany Targets are hot spots for the latest Saga figs, almost getting new cases 3-5 times a week!

Reaction score

I found the clone trooper today and my first Bounty Hunt figure (an Obi Wan) at the Salem Target. The Bounty Hunt figures sure have a lot of hype for a silver stand and Holo figure

Cool find, for what I have been finding. But I get home and see the seal is opened with a small rip on the BH obi card, looks like a factory thing because of the bubble glue not stiking to the silver line on the side of the package very well causing a rip. This BH idea of Hasbro seemed to be very half a$$ed IMO

Reaction score

I found a few of these figures also but I passed since I dont really care about them. I also saw a card in bad shape. Who knows.

Reaction score

If I would have seen the rip when I was at the store I would have left it. I might open it now, I need a loose Obi for the Jedi Starfighter I picked up a couple weeks ago

I am happy I found a clone, it's been a tough find. There seems to be more collectors and scalpers around here in the Salem area, and I hate to say it but I think it's because of the Bounty Hunt figures. Them Hot Wheels guys think there's something rare, they buy them all and then some

Reaction score

Scalping is such a waste of time and money. I just hope these GBH figures are easy to find and scalpers get stuck with waisting their money.

Reaction score

I saw about 8 U Clones tonight at the WS Target. On Friday the scanners showed they had the vintage figs in back but I didnt have time to have someone to pull them. I checked tonight but they are sold out.

Reaction score

I feel kind of guilty. i went from having no luck to finding something eveyrtime my girlfriend or i went out, either seperatly or together. in total i've found, foul moudama, a fire speeder pilot, a lot of clones, i'm up to ten personally and i've seen a lot more than that, commander cody, UGH Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grevious and Scorch.
My girlfriend spotted a clone at Wal Mart tonight on lancaster if anyone is looking for any.

Reaction score

Knaves said:
i went from having no luck to finding something eveyrtime
that's the way it was for me with ROTS. for the longest time I couldn't find anything then bang, I couldn't buy them fast enough

I find stuff here and there for this line, but all I'm after at this point is Cody since I found a clone. Cody and the clone are the only ones I wanted/want because I'm adding them to my loose ROTS set.

I also pick up the figures I like from the OT. So far I have all that I want that are out.

Reaction score

Yeah i've been picking and choosing all the waves. This last wave was the only wave that i got most of. I'm short Ki-Adi and Lushros. I think i'm going to skip on Ki-Adi completely.

Reaction score

I bought the Luke, Han, Greedo, and Biker Scout Vintage figures (the only ones they had out) at Wash Square Target on 4/10. I also got the Emperor\Yoda\Shock Trooper "Skirmish in the Senate" Battle Pack there.

I got the UGH Anakin and Obi-wan at other Targets. I've seen several of all of the other standard figures here and there except for Scorch and Commander Cody.

Reaction score

That is so funny, last Sunday I tried to get the battle pack, but was told that they couldnt sell it to me because of the 4/30 date. I thought they wouldnt give me any guff because I was buying $700 worth of patio furniture. Oh well.

Reaction score

Alright, I finally made it over here.

This is grumpydevil from the Oregon Fan Force. Russ (RSG-503) forced me to join the rebelscum forums! Anyway, I know this is where the Oregonians have been posting so I figured I'd join in.

I mostly hunt with my son for his collection (see T'Igor Yount's in the Collectors' Collections), but managed to pick up a few choice ones as well. Right now we're hoping to find the Skirmish in the Senate battle pack and I can't seem to get a consistent answer from the Targets in town.

Did the Wa Sq. Target have a lot of them? Or just a few?

-Kyle

Reaction score

GrumpyDevil said:
Did the Wa Sq. Target have a lot of them? Or just a few?

-Kyle
I saw only two.

I checked the Beaverton Target right after I left the Wash Sq Target and they had nothing. I've been checking the two Hillsboro Targets daily and they have had nothing.

The Wash Sq Target had lots of "Demise of Grievous" exclusives on 4/10.

Reaction score

I was able to get the bp @ the Target off 26 along with the vintage figs.

Reaction score

Thanks, man! I think the boy and I will take a drive today....

Reaction score

Well I decided to post again after a leave of abstance. You what I find on the shelves? Nada.

Just empty racks after empty racks.

Reaction score

BobaLukeDuke said:
Well I decided to post again after a leave of abstance. You what I find on the shelves? Nada.

Just empty racks after empty racks.
Good to see you back

I have found many empty racks, or they are full of peg warmers. Since Christmas I have only had two good finds.

Reaction score

I bought two scout troopers and a tusken raider on saturday. i love the figures, especially since the scout is my favorite troop. they even fit decently on the speeder bikes. Now i just have to get my bantha out.

Status
Not open for further replies.