Any good local Oregon stores have good toys, rares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Any good local Oregon stores have good toys, r

I'm all for a get together

The Oregon Fan Force tries to have a meeting once a month. They had a fair turn out when they had it at Silver Falls State Park ... Great place!! of course I love it because it's just up the road from me, and I don't have to mess with Portland lol.

Where all is everyone located? O.F.F. has the best turn out when the meeting in set on middle ground
Darn State is too big with too few fans/collectors. My cousin is way out over in John Day and he gets happy with finding school supplies with Star Wars on it for his collection since there's nothing else he can find lol lol

Reaction score

I'm up for it. It would be nice to know if the guy I pass in the SW isle is a fellow scummer.

Also the 217 Target had a few more Appo cases this morning.

Reaction score

Oregon and NW fans are here but spread out. Go to Southern California and announce, "Fanboy party at my house" and you'll get a large crowd fast.

I've started similar topics on 3 other forums of toys I like. Appear to be a half a dozen people that respond. Grouping toy lines allows a larger crowd and I subspect not everyone who show interest would actually show up.

So the're aren't any toy collector rivalies out side?

Reaction score

While I live in Vancouver WA, I did live outside of Salem for awhile and my girlfriend still lives down there. I often feel closer to the Oregon collectors than I do the Washington ones. So I'd love to come down there for a collector get together.

Reaction score

Summary so far of those that expressed interest from a few toy forums I use 10. I think a total of 20 interested is needed. As I believe half the number would actually attend.
Suggestion of a possible location state/city wise?

Star Wars Weirdos:
Knaves (Vancover)
jucofett (Tigard)
RussG (Silverton)
echuta
Wildcard (Portland)

Gijoe Geeks:
CrazyBones (Portland)
Dead-End (Salem)

Macross Losers:
Pat S (Puget Sound, has possible location).
Skullsixx (Portland)

Plus: Me.

Reaction score

Do you guys know if the Modal Nodes tin is still available?

Reaction score

jucofett said:
Do you guys know if the Modal Nodes tin is still available?
The Walmart in East Vancouver has quite a few for $15

Reaction score

It seem since half that showed interest so far are in the Portland metro area it looks like the logically deflaut winner.

My place got has some club houses. Switch sadly are connected to laundry and mail rooms. Nothing is secure. I can't control or stop strangers from walking in eating your food or stealing. Other than that I can only think of prehaps some eatery and just reserve a banquet room. Unless other people have a place.

Someone suggested trying a pizza parlor.

Reaction score

BobaLukeDuke said:
Summary so far of those that expressed interest from a few toy forums I use 10. I think a total of 20 interested is needed. As I believe half the number would actually attend.
Suggestion of a possible location state/city wise?

Star Wars Weirdos:
Knaves (Vancover)
jucofett (Tigard)
RussG (Silverton)
echuta
Wildcard (Portland)
Yoda4501 (Beaverton)

Gijoe Geeks:
CrazyBones (Portland)
Dead-End (Salem)

Macross Losers:
Pat S (Puget Sound, has possible location).
Skullsixx (Portland)

Plus: Me.

Added myself in.

Reaction score

No offense, but have you guys found any new figures lately, I like the club get together ideas, but this forum is to inform us of new figures around the Oregon area??? For instance all Fred Meyers have discounted or clearanced all there VSTC finally, my friends and I have cleared all the ones in Salem and Corvallis and one store in Beaverton. Did you guys find any thing there at Freddy's????

Reaction score

Okay small update:

What do you think about Round Table Pizza. I did a little bit of research some have banquet rooms and there no extra charge for it.

Reaction score

Any specific Round Table?

I found the Tantive IV BP's today @ the Fred Meyers on Walker Rd, so be on the look out.

Reaction score

Found the Hammerhead wave of Galactic Heroes this past weekend at both Walmart & Target

Reaction score

The WS Target also had TAC Obi, Mace, and R2 on the pegs.

Reaction score

jucofett said:
Are there any in Portland or Salem? At the moment it escapes me. Either should be easy enough for me to get to.

Aslo I wanted bring a thread I started to your guy's attention. I know I'm a bit north and you guys are down there I still wanted to see what some local collectors had to say and could maybe help out.
Vancouver scalping

Reaction score

Knaves said:
jucofett said:
Aslo I wanted bring a thread I started to your guy's attention. I know I'm a bit north and you guys are down there I still wanted to see what some local collectors had to say and could maybe help out.
Vancouver scalping
Which Vancouver WalMart does that scalper go to so I won't bother driving there?

Reaction score

That's another reason why I want this meet. If we get to meet our fellow collector then (hopefully) they won't be just the others guys to compete with.

Reaction score

I like that outlook
TRU has the TAC wave 1 leftovers and last years X-wing.

Reaction score

I don't know but wave 1 just doesn't invest me.

Reaction score

JustOneMore said:
Knaves said:
jucofett said:
Vancouver scalping
Which Vancouver WalMart does that scalper go to so I won't bother driving there?
Sorry it took so long for me to get back. He definantly hits the newer 24 hour one, the road it's on escapes me. But it's like maybe two miles away from the older one off I-205. Though the night manager lady for some reason told my girlfriend he goes to all of them. I dunno if she was trying to discourage us or what, lol.

If you guys are around Salem, the Lancaster Wal-Mart and the other one on the other side of town that is not a 24 hour one both had around six cases of TAC stuff each.

BobaLukeDuke said:
That's another reason why I want this meet. If we get to meet our fellow collector then (hopefully) they won't be just the others guys to compete with.
Definantly, I would love to help out my fellow collectors as much as I can. Though I never know seeing people around if they're scalpers or collectors. My girlfriend and I were at a Target this morning waiting for it to open and two guys drove up and stood infront of the door. they were looking for the order 66 stuff. I hope they were collectors, or even collectors from the boards here. I'm pretty sure one of them had a cardboard disk from a order 66 pack for an employee to scan so they already got their hands on some.

Reaction score

Hi, I saw some TAC W1 at the Fred Meyers on Walker today. So far nothing at Target.

Reaction score

So last week my son was on Spring Break so we had our own "Spring Break UGH" for whatever we could find that was new.

We found a lot of the TAC Figures and (of course) a TON of the newer battle packs (Tantive IV, Geonosis, Dagobah). But we had no luck with the Order 66 packs or Treachery On Salucemai. We're going to try again this weekend for the Target Exclusives, but I can't stand going into Walmart, so I fear we are lost as far as those cool BARC Speeders go...

-Kyle

Reaction score

Over the weekend, I found several of the Treachery on Saleucami packs at the McMinnville Walmart. I think it is a safe bet they still have them. If you don't mind the drive, you could probably call ahead to verify they still have them. They had at least 20 on Saturday.

Reaction score

That had alot of them at the Woodvillage WM as well.

Reaction score

Oh well, no luck on the Treachery on Saleucami yet (tried both Walmarts on 82nd and the Wood Village one). But today I saw Biggs (Rebel Pilot) and Luke (ANH Celebration) - wasn't expecting those.

Anyone find any Order 66 packs? And if someone in the Portland area happens accross an extra Treachery on Saleucami battle pack, I'd be willing to drive to your place and buy it from you.

-Kyle

Reaction score

I found all of the Order 66 packs today at the Target on 185th near Hillsboro. They look pretty cool - I did not see them at the Mall 205 or Beaverton Targets, though.

-Kyle

Reaction score

Kyle I sent you a PM.

On Monday I had some extra time and hit the 185th Target before work and just missed the good parts of Wave 2. Some short guy was walking to the register with an arm full of SW figs. He later drove off in a blue pick up, is that anyone here?

Reaction score

i just found all the order 66 sets at the washington square target, BUT they were NOT in the toy section... they were all on a display shelf among the checkout aisles! so keep your eyes peeled and good luck!

Reaction score

vlai44 said:
i just found all the order 66 sets at the washington square target, BUT they were NOT in the toy section... they were all on a display shelf among the checkout aisles! so keep your eyes peeled and good luck!
same thing with the Target in Salem.

I'm glad I found them, but I passed on them. They're too much like all the Sith figures I already bought

Reaction score

Found all of wave 2 @ the Wlaker RD Fred Meyers over lunch.

Reaction score

Went to Toysrus after work. Hardly anything there. Empty ranks a plenty.

Reaction score

Add WS Target, Fred Meyers near city hall and the Target next to it as having squat.

Reaction score

Most Targets I've been to still seem to have an abundance of the Order 66 packs. I have only seen 1 Target having them in the toy section. The rest have them at the check-out stands.

Reaction score

After a week away on vacation I found the new comic 2-packs @ FM today.

Reaction score

Just got back from Toy Bliss and Toysrus.

Toysrus is pretty much bare. You can find a least one Rebel Honor Guard, Biggs and two Han Solo. Grabbed a Honor Guard and spent extra on a TIE. For $25 they should included a figure.

Toybliss has two Death Star Troopers left (I took the third), no Concept Fett which is the only other figure of this wave which I am looking for.

Reaction score

BobaLukeDuke said:
Toybliss has two Death Star Troopers left (I took the third), no Concept Fett which is the only other figure of this wave which I am looking for.
The owner of Toybliss figured out he could get more $$$ for some figures by selling them on Ebay. So now most all of the new figs or hard to find figs go there first.

One of the reasons I no longer shop there. That guy is a tool.

Reaction score

That's too bad; I liked to buy @ Toy Bliss because I felt I was keeping it local. What name do they sell under?
Oh I saw the Bantha backs at TRU last week.

Reaction score

Should have guessed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.